Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking (822 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor / How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module / Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
Please I changed my Camry 1998 V6 back shock absorber this afternoon. After replacing it, I noticed the ABS Light came up and the Trac Off light is blicking on and off . I was with him throughout the time he changed the shocks.....so didn't temper with any cables.

Please what could be the problem, could this be a big problem? Can i still travel with the car in this condition without any side effect?...the Check light is not on...any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by honmusa(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
f
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by honmusa(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
The trac system rely on ABS system to work and if there is issue with the ABS system ,trac will automatically be deactivated (trac off light) .
While working on the suspension ,your mechanic might have touched the wheel speed sensor or the wire.
Do a scan on the abs to determine the issue on the wheel speed sensor circuit.
Meanwhile ,your abs is obd1 system and you will require a obd1 scanner to see your abs system.
If you need a competent professional to resolve this ,u can contact autologic @ 08061166316
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Okay....Thanks but can I travel with the car pending when I do the scan?

honmusa:
The trac system rely on ABS system to work and if there is issue with the ABS system ,trac will automatically be deactivated (trac off light) .
While working on the suspension ,your mechanic might have touched the wheel speed sensor or the wire.
Do a scan on the abs to determine the issue on the wheel speed sensor circuit.
Meanwhile ,your abs is obd1 system and you will require a obd1 scanner to see your abs system.
If you need a competent professional to resolve this ,u can contact autologic @ 08061166316
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by honmusa(m): 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
gateleo:
Okay....Thanks but can I travel with the car pending when I do the scan?

You can definitely travel with it except that your car will lack the abs safety function.
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
honmusa:

You can definitely travel with it except that your car will lack the abs safety function.

Okay..Many thanks
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2016
gateleo:
Please I changed my Camry 1998 V6 back shock absorber this afternoon. After replacing it, I noticed the ABS Light came up and the Trac Off light is blicking on and off . I was with him throughout the time he changed the shocks.....so didn't temper with any cables.

Please what could be the problem, could this be a big problem? Can i still travel with the car in this condition without any side effect?...the Check light is not on...any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

You dont know what to look out for.

Before working on the rear suspension of a car that old, the abs wheel speed sensors should have been disconnected from the harness (under rear seat) and wire hung loose, trying to remove it from the hub would lead to damaging it. Presently 1 or both abs wheel speed sensors at the rear are damaged.
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by cockoduck: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
He definitely tampered with one or more cables,
now you must run a scan on the car with a professional
scan tool, not just a code reader, before anything, especially if nothing is obvious after a visual inspection on the areas he might have worked on
watch the following video to understand what I am saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFM4mdLsMdU&itct=CBcQpDAYACITCIiF7Oq2z84CFQiJFgodT2gP5VINbW90b3lhbTgyIGFicw%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2016
cockoduck:
He definitely tampered with one or more cables,
now you must run a scan on the car with a professional
scan tool, not just a code reader, before anything, especially if nothing is obvious after a visual inspection on the areas he might have worked on
watch the following video to understand what I am saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFM4mdLsMdU&itct=CBcQpDAYACITCIiF7Oq2z84CFQiJFgodT2gP5VINbW90b3lhbTgyIGFicw%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google

Many thanks
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

You dont know what to look out for.

Before working on the rear suspension of a car that old, the abs wheel speed sensors should have been disconnected from the harness (under rear seat) and wire hung loose, trying to remove it from the hub would lead to damaging it. Presently 1 or both abs wheel speed sensors at the rear are damaged.

Ok sir
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by meksfem(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2016
we can get it professionally fixed for you at MEECHEAL EXCELS LTD at ilupeju ...you can call emeka on 09087128992
Re: Help Needed: ABS on/TRAC OFF LIGHT blicking by gateleo(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
I want to say a very big Thank you to everyone that contribute in one way or the other.....my car was fixed today...it was one of the speed sensor that got bad...it was replaced and the Trac Off light that was blicking disappeared and the ABS light is now off .

Thank you..

(1) (Reply)

Classical Needles In The Haystack! / My Porsche Cayenne Keep Going Back To Auxiliary / How To Escape From A Sinking Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.