Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,513 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module (4612 Views)

Body Control Module Or Interior Fuse Box For Toyota Rav4 2010 V6 3.5L / Symptoms Of Bad Or Failing Brake Pads / How Do I Protect My Engine Control Module From Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module by leeyack: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
The anti-lock braking system on a vehicle comes as an additional safety feature available on many modern vehicles. The ABS system is made to help prevent wheels from locking during heavy braking situations, keeping the car from skidding or hydroplaning. The ABS system is summed up of the ABS module, and the ABS sensors at each wheel. The sensors detect wheel speed, and will send a signal to the ABS module to rapidly pump the brakes when it is detected that the vehicle is skidding or has lost traction.
When the ABS system is not working then loss of traction, skidding, and hydroplaning are very more likely to occur under heavy braking situations. The ABS system on most cars is usually designed to give you plenty of warning signs when there is any issue with the system. Being aware of these warning signs, and handling the problem as soon as they come will help ensure that your ABS system and vehicle remains functioning for maximum safety. Below are some of the signs of failing.
1. UNRESPONSIVE BRAKE PEDAL
In most cases, depending on the model of vehicle, when the ABS module fails, the brake pedal may get unresponsive. This is an obvious problem, as an unresponsive brake pedal will not halt a vehicle, or will not be able to do so in an adequately safe pattern. In most cases, this will happen slowly, over time. Usually the brake pedal will become increasingly hard to press until it is no longer responsive.
2. BRAKE PADS REQUIRE MORE EFFORT TO PUSH
When all parts of the braking system are working properly, the pedal should need very little effort. It should be very easy to press down on, and once pressed should have an immediately noticeable effect in slowing the vehicle down. Thus if you start to notice that over time the pedal needs increased effort in order to achieve the same amount of braking force, then that could be a sign of a possible issue with the ABS module.
3. THE ABS LIGHT IS ON
http://www.automobileglobe.com/how-to-know-signs-of-a-bad-or-failing-abs-control-module/

Re: How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module by mayor2013: 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
There are more symptoms exhibited when a car has bad ABS module especially on modern cars
Re: How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module by leeyack: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hey Mayor, please bring them up as other folks might be needing it,thanks.
Re: How To Know Signs Of A Bad Or Failing Abs Control Module by jagaban1995: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2021
There are also other signs to look out for regarding a bad abs sensor. Here are some other critical symptoms of a bad abs sensor module that I found really interesting and informative.

(1) (Reply)

System Voltage Error On 2009 Camry. / Which Car Should I Go For? / My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.