Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? (4783 Views)

Picture Of Ojukwu In Coma / Why President Buhari Mentioned Ojukwu In His Speech / IPOB Insists No Election In Anambra, South East Without Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by PFRB: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2016
Dogs have been answering Ojukwu in the east for a long time now. Go to the east and check this out.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Samtob90(m): 7:38am On Aug 20, 2016
OP don't worry, the north know how well to deal with them, they have done it before, by the time they deal with them, the will shout are we not one nigeria again? Biafra etc. They cause the trouble they can't solve. You see the bragging online as if they can kill a fly.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by 39xtr36r: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Samtob90:
OP don't worry, the north know how well to deal with them, they have done it before, by the time they deal with them, the will shout are we not one nigeria again? Biafra etc. They cause the trouble they can't solve. You see the bragging online as if they can kill a fly.

Silly rants of delusion from cowards...just enter the streets and test such stupidity and see if you'll not go for it.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Alaanyihaji(m): 7:46am On Aug 20, 2016
misterawo:
But Adekunle named his goat Ojukwu.
I also guess Danjuma will name his dog Ironsi.
Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Abeymills(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2016
Igbos don't have time they are not as violent n senseless like abokis n some yourubas apologies 2 my youruba bro n sis o

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by shuggah(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2016
mrrights:
If you love the Ikemba of Nnewi so much that you name your dog Ojukwu in Anambra state and write it on its body, nobody would call the police to arrest you. They would Lynch you. If you doubt me, let somebody try it and you would see the result. The same thing is likely to happen, if you name your dog Buhari in Kano. Nobody would go through the formalities of reporting to the police. Then again, if the father of your neighbor bears Nnamdi, and because you love him so much, you decided to name your dog Nnamdi to express your love. You even wrote Nnamdi on the dog's body for the father of your neighbor to see how much you love him. The son of the man you named Nnamdi may not remember police do exist before he engages you. While it may be wrong to react aggressively to such Irresponsibility, human nature may prevail over reason. Irresponsibility is not exercise of right to freedom. There is no right without responsibility.
to be frank wt u..
my grandfather had a bingo dog before he dies nd he personally named d dog after himself .....nd even little guys called d dog nwabunnia..so what re u saying..what of those that made a naked statue of donald trump in america,or the artist that painted a semi-nude of hilary clinton,has he been killed, you are stupid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Oklander: 8:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Sorry bro, I find your assertion very hard to believe...Many still name their strong and big he-goats; "Okwadike" today after Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife( Okwadike) former governor Anambra state because of his white legendary moustaches...without any hullabaloo...Even when you go to market and say you want Okwadike, they already know what you need... That's fun not carrying so much burden and bitterness in life...Same reason why you fight for naming a dog is same reason you will butcher people for Mohammed cartoon...
First, the same reason you attack the leader of a region or a religion hiding behind a so called freedom is the same reason you would be butchered! That is, you are looking for trouble unnecessarily and you will get it!

Now back to the matter! The example you gave isn't of the same weight with the topic! Take for instance Ojukwu or Zik, and an Hausa man would WRITE the name on a goat or a dog and be PARADING it in a community filled with Igbos! Let's be realistic please, the guy was just looking for trouble! You are free to insult the president, in fact, call him names but not to the faces of his kinsmen!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by 39xtr36r: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Oklander:
First, the same reason you attack the leader of a region or a religion hiding behind a so called freedom is the same reason you would be butchered! That is, you are looking for trouble unnecessarily and you will get it!

Now back to the matter! The example you gave isn't of the same weight with the topic! Take for instance Ojukwu or Zik, and an Hausa man would WRITE the name on a goat or a dog and be PARADING it in a community filled with Igbos! Let's be realistic please, the guy was just looking for trouble! You are free to insult the president, in fact, call him names but not to the faces of his kinsmen!

Stop spewing thrash and go find something to eat...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by mightyokwy(m): 8:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Oklander:

One thing you fail to understand is that Igbos don't worship their fellow man. What you are saying can only happen in the north and west where one man lord over others. In igbo it is a common belief that what ever nomenclature you give to your pet, that is what people will call it. Already they have given you an example where he goats are called names of prominent igbo men due to the treat they possess. By the way I don't know why you Yorubas take this issue so serious as if the dog was named awolowo or tinubu. Is yoruba land now belong Hausa/fulani.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Mckennedy: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2016
mrrights:
If you love the Ikemba of Nnewi so much that you name your dog Ojukwu in Anambra state and write it on its body, nobody would call the police to arrest you. They would Lynch you. If you doubt me, let somebody try it and you would see the result. The same thing is likely to happen, if you name your dog Buhari in Kano. Nobody would go through the formalities of reporting to the police. Then again, if the father of your neighbor bears Nnamdi, and because you love him so much, you decided to name your dog Nnamdi to express your love. You even wrote Nnamdi on the dog's body for the father of your neighbor to see how much you love him. The son of the man you named Nnamdi may not remember police do exist before he engages you. While it may be wrong to react aggressively to such Irresponsibility, human nature may prevail over reason. Irresponsibility is not exercise of right to freedom. There is no right without responsibility.

Sorry to tell you this painful truth,, your type is why Nigeria remains where it is,, go back and re-study the meaning of democracy. Meanwhile watch the below video clip of trump statue and shut your your silly mouth.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1252619758102845&id=908009612563863

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Oklander: 9:41am On Aug 20, 2016
mightyokwy:

One thing you fail to understand is that Igbos don't worship their fellow man. What you are saying can only happen in the north and west where one man lord over others. In igbo it is a common belief that what ever nomenclature you give to your pet, that is what people will call it. Already they have given you an example where he goats are called names of prominent igbo men due to the treat they possess. By the way I don't know why you Yorubas take this issue so serious as if the dog was named awolowo or tinubu. Is yoruba land now belong Hausa/fulani.
First, I am neither Hausa nor Yoruba, so stop the unnecessary assumption. Secondly, it is hypocrisy to ignore the fact this fellow did this to ridicule the president. Again, it would not have mattered if it were just name calling and insults just like it was done to the last president, however, doing it in a Hausa filled community is clearly asking for trouble! The example you referred to doesn't stand in anyway as that is a case involving Igbos! An Igbo fellow naming his pet his fellow Igbos name in an Igbo community, how do you compare this, smh!

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by 39xtr36r: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2016
Oklander:
First, I am neither Hausa nor Yoruba, so stop the unnecessary assumption. Secondly, it is hypocrisy to ignore the fact this fellow did this to ridicule the president. Again, it would not have mattered if it were just name calling and insults just like it was done to the last president, however, doing it in a Hausa filled community is clearly asking for trouble! The example you referred to doesn't stand in anyway as that is a case involving Igbos! An Igbo fellow naming his pet his fellow Igbos name in an Igbo community, how do you compare this, smh!

You don't need to be Hausa or Yoruba to spew trash in the public domain.

It's worrisome that a supposed learned being could descend to the point of defending and ascribing to a group the right to violence as they are wont to do. There's really no hope for this fraudulent union.

Your kind of mentality have been the trouble of this country. And that's why it's most pertinent now to separate the sheep from the goats via referendum.

We are not meant to be together.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by EzeNri(m): 10:13am On Aug 20, 2016
While on a working tour in Imo, I saw a dog named Ojukwu. We even played with the dog and only jokingly told the owner, "make Ikemba catch you". We are too civilised for that.

When OBJ bought a chimpanzee, named her Patience and donated it to do Zoo. Did anything happened no. The news died a natural death cos we didn't care.

Now, the fulanis are creating unnecessary tension and their slaves are busy cheering them, escalating the issues. Thinking they are fighting for Buhari not knowing they are creating awareness for others in the SE to follow suit. Don't be surprise if the whole street of SE is flooded with black goats wearing a tag inscribed "Am Buhari". We should learn how to de-escalate volatile issues. My 5cent.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by EzeNri(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2016
Samtob90:
U are not from Planet Earth. We don't take rubbish from anybody. Go to Akokwa, go to Aba, Ohafia, Onitsha e.t.c and ask.

Every act of impunity committed against the Igbos in the North had all been met with reprisals down East. Check your records.

We aint violent, but aint cowards.

Who believed Ojukwu and Dora will lose senatorial election in the SE. We don't worship individuals, we are egalitarian, democratic and republican. Name any dog whatever name you want, I won't give a Bleep. BTW, I had played with one Ojukwu before and I didn't lynch anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Gozzzy(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2016
mrrights:
people shaa! nobody had ur time in Igbo land o

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2016
Oklander:

Carry dagger to the street and fight as much as you want bro...No matter what I say, you already made up your mind...so begin the fight!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by mightyokwy(m): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2016
Oklander:
Is there any law in Nigeria that forbid people from naming their pet what ever they like, haven't you seen or heard of a dog named Obama. The guy did not call his dog President Buhari because the last time I checked the president is not the only person that bears Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Imind: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2016
That young showed high sense of inmaturity, how can u eat a bone in a lion cage.
Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by ariesbull: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
mightyokwy:

Is there any law in Nigeria that forbid people from naming their pet what ever they like, haven't you seen or heard of a dog named Obama. The guy did not call his dog President Buhari because the last time I checked the president is not the only person that bears Buhari.

You can name your dog Ojukwu in East without consequences because in Igbo land there is an adage that goes like this

Whatever you name your dog, is what he bears

Meanwhile Ojukwu is a name of diety....so if you name your dog that, you have the diety to contend with not Louis per say

2 Likes

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by mightyokwy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
ariesbull:

You can name your dog Ojukwu in East without consequences because in Igbo land there is an adage that goes like this

Meanwhile Ojukwu is a name of diety....so if you name your dog that, you have the diety to contend with not Louis per say
The gods you said and not police or one Malam that think he owns Nigeria because his brother is the president.

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by ariesbull: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
mightyokwy:
The gods you said and not police or one Malam that think he owns Nigeria because his brother is the president.

Exactly, why the east is more civilised that the north ..in their way of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by 4tune490(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
You asked a very important question. Now let's see what the OP has to say about this one.

mesoprogress:
mrrights : are you implying that Yoruba land is now owned by hausa /fulani? For all I know, one can safely name his dog Ojukwu in yoruba land. I wouldn't know what would happen if he tries it in Nnewi, just like the story might be different if someone names a dog buhari in Kastina. So Op, unless you are telling us that yoruba land is now owned by hausa fulani, I don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by 4tune490(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
yoruba land or Hausa land ?

Imind:
That young showed high sense of inmaturity, how can u eat a bone in a lion cage.

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by uzuede4(f): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nairalanders, enough of this ranting. pls do to others what you want them to do to you.
Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by uckennety(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
kutchs:
The South Easterners aren't violent beast. Name your dog whatever you wish, they will just laugh it off and move on. Who has time to waste on such irrelevant thing when the main is to survive. Igbo have no time to waste.

Highest I steal the dog and eat confam 404

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by ariesbull: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
mightyokwy:

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by kutchs: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
uckennety:

Highest I steal the dog and eat confam 404

Exactly.

See me way dey struggle, name wia I get time to go dey check dog name.

Lubbish.
Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by T8ksy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
ariesbull:

Hell no! Rather I will just name my dog "Bianca Cheerful giver Ojukwu" and parade round alaba market. I may even inscribe on his tail " FFK's castoff".

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by EFX001: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
mrrights:

Its amazing how much Nigeria as a nation has fallen. ...the worry is that a citizen has been arrested for calling his dog a name. I mean are our law enforcement agents so void of ideas that they would do that? In a nation of corrupt politicians driving around with police escorts. ...I mean really? wow!
Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by adconline(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Always underestimating SE's open-mindedness and care-free attitude. Yes, are u talking Igbos thay voted for Shagari instead of Ojukwu's party in 1980s?
Are you referring to Igbos that voted for OBJ instead of Ojukwu?
Are u referring to Igbos where 99% of them are Christians, but northern Muslims practice their religion and culture unhindered??
Face your front!!
Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by Wadeoye(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
EFX001:

Its amazing how much Nigeria as a nation has fallen. ...the worry is that a citizen has been arrested for calling his dog a name. I mean are our law enforcement agents so void of ideas that they would do that? In a nation of corrupt politicians driving around with police escorts. ...I mean really? wow!

You can say whatever. This one has been caught trying to provoke ethno-religeous violence and he will be dealt with accordingly.
It will be a lesson to all flat.heads anywhere they might be.

1 Like

Re: Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? by 39xtr36r: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Wadeoye:
You can say whatever. This one has been caught trying to provoke ethno-religeous violence and he will be dealt with accordingly.
It will be a lesson to all flat.heads anywhere they might be.

Silly rants and lies of frustrations from oblong coneheads and cowards of Wasteland who are ever willing to mortgage the future of their unborn children to the Alimis for a pot of porridge...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What A Section Of The Country Are Saying About Osinbajo's Accident / Rebutting PremiumTimes: Atiku's Real Server Reports / Court Sacks New Kano Emirs, Dissolve Four Emirates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.