Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,289 members, 7,846,318 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! (983 Views)

Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / I Maltreated My Wife: Now She Wants To Leave Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by popoyeh(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
Theres a young mother in my area who neglects her son, she gives him sleeping tablets so she can go away to frolick with they boys father, the poor child will wake up in the dead of the night where she lays him outside and starts to cry. The boy rolled once from where she laid him and fell close to the gutter and since then he has been unable to use his right hand.

I really pity for the boy because l can't see him having a normal growth like all other kids, l am not exaggerating, l will take pictures if l can.

What l need is an organization or government agency whom l could report this to maybe something can be done to caution her or at least make her sit up to her responsibilities.

PLS I FEEL SO CONCERNED ABOUT THIS AND I NEED HELP!!!

P.S.

The mother is in her early 20s and the boy is 2 yrs plus and yet to begin walking,
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by masene(f): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2009
man thats tough u can always call the police or child protective services. She's young and probly dont know much about parenting. Maybe talk to her first if nothing changes make that call. If they take the child away , i mean i would feel bad for her but you got to think about that child first
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Fhemmmy: 12:19am On Sep 29, 2009
I am not sure what they are called in Nija, but i know they have something close to a children aid, find out about them and report the woman and they can take the child away from the demonic mother before it is too late.
Pls act fast, cos your action could save a life.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by popoyeh(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2009
Thanks for replies so far.
Talkin to her is out of it, b'cos a lot of elderly people have tried and most of them have been abused and called names; l definitely won't want to put my own lest she picks up on me.
I left the boy in his poo, crying on d mat she laid him as l left for work this morning. Any further advice on how to go about this as well as informations of agencies in charge of child abuse where l can make a report will be appreciated.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2009
Go to NAPTHIP or the Social welfare office, the social welfare office in each state is in the local government secretariate. Please dont chicken out, stand up for the truth.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by anochie: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
popoyeh where do u live? are u in lagos, pls contact an NGO in charge of destitutes,abandoned kids, n insane.they are located at no 45 OWOLABI STREET AGO PALACEWAY OKOTA ISOLO n there no is 08062338837, call them n they will ans.

i happen to live close to d street n i pass thru d str every morning thats why i know n also my company had paid a visit to thm n i saw d immates they are nice.God bless u as u help the poor boy n give his life a meaning

there name is SO SAID CHARITY HOME
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Outstrip(f): 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2009
Please do as they have said poster. This child obviously needs immediate care. He is just two. If you act now he can still have a normal life
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Fhemmmy: 2:05am On Sep 30, 2009
anochie:

popoyeh where do u live? are u in lagos, pls contact an NGO in charge of destitutes,abandoned kids, n insane.they are located at no 45 OWOLABI STREET AGO PALACEWAY OKOTA ISOLO n there no is 08062338837, call them n they will ans.

i happen to live close to d street n i pass thru d str every morning thats why i know n also my company had paid a visit to thm n i saw d immates they are nice.God bless u as u help the poor boy n give his life a meaning

there name is SO SAID CHARITY HOME

Thank you so much for the information.

Poster, pls act fast and make sure the child do not suffer for what he/she never done wrong.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Anabel(f): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2009
m_a_sene:

man thats tough u can always call the police or child protective services. She's young and probly dont know much about parenting. Maybe talk to her first if nothing changes make that call. If they take the child away , i mean i would feel bad for her but you got to think about that child first

i think i will go with what you said
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Glorya(f): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2009
This issue of child abuse is just too much in Nigeria and its so sad that there is nothing or so little that is being done about it. A friend of my kid sister is also going through thesame predicament. Her dad in this case never cares for what they eat, school fees and the likes. Her mum has a grinding machine which she uses to feed the family, including the husband. Whenever he has money everybody in the house is in trouble because he will beat the hell out of anybody in sight. Infact the story is too long and they all want out but the man won't let them. Does anybody know any welfare services in Jos, Plateau State. Any help is appreciated.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by popoyeh(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ Anochie

Thanks for the information, l'll call them immediately l sign out.
I will post informations on any developments on this thread.
Thanks people.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by popoyeh(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2009
I have reported to the people @ So Said, l gave them the name and address of the child and his mother, l was told that they will be coming on the 6th of October and that they will call me before coming.

I will also go to the Lagos Island Local Govt secretariat on friday to inquire if they have a social welfare office, so l could also make a report there. I feel bad for this kid and as l go out and come in daily, my conscience bites at me for not doing anything about this, tonight was different though, b'cos l know help is on the way and it made me feel better.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Outstrip(f): 2:44am On Oct 01, 2009
God bless you
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2009
Glorya:

This issue of child abuse is just too much in Nigeria and its so sad that there is nothing or so little that is being done about it. A friend of my kid sister is also going through thesame predicament. Her dad in this case never cares for what they eat, school fees and the likes. Her mum has a grinding machine which she uses to feed the family, including the husband. Whenever he has money everybody in the house is in trouble because he will beat the hell out of anybody in sight. Infact the story is too long and they all want out but the man won't let them. Does anybody know any welfare services in Jos, Plateau State. Any help is appreciated.
Jos North Secretriate along Tafewa Balewa. Any bike man can take you there. Good work, am happy Nigerians are getting involved.
popoyeh:

I have reported to the people @ So Said, l gave them the name and address of the child and his mother, l was told that they will be coming on the 6th of October and that they will call me before coming.

I will also go to the Lagos Island Local Govt secretariat on friday to inquire if they have a social welfare office, so l could also make a report there. I feel bad for this kid and as l go out and come in daily, my conscience bites at me for not doing anything about this, tonight was different though, b'cos l know help is on the way and it made me feel better.
I have not had a case with the lagos Social welfare office but i heard they are really good. God bless you for doing this, the child will be well taken care of in a home till the mother can show that she is capabble of being a better parent.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by titilaelae(f): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
m_a_sene:

The fact that she is young and doesn't know abt parenting is not an excuse. Why isn't she cruel to herself because she's young and immature? Its obvious she doesn't need the child.

@Poster, you've done well by the move you made. I pray the authority takes custody of the child so he can have a meaningful life.
Re: How Can I Help A Maltreated Child! by kerosine: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
@poster,may God reward you,thanks,and anyone who notice things of that nature should pls report to the nearest social services,we could all save lives

(1) (Reply)

'killer Mum Spun Kid In Washing Machine' / She got Intimate With Someone She Met At A Bar. (Her Boyfriend Needs Advise) / Help! Inlaws Are Killing His Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.