Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. (20747 Views)

South African Students Do "Birth Pose". Photos Go Viral / Students Do This A Lot - 10 Things You Should Never Do When Charging Your Phone / 5 Things Successful Students Do, That You Don't. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by queenfav(f): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2016
lol..it's so true,but I never did that anyways.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Katyusha(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2016
FUTURE DOGARAS.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Gideonmi(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2016
Chai! Ur frnd no nice oo. Its never too late to inform EFCC oo cos the dasukigate is on the way. Am sure u slf chop from the house rent deal.
Pavore9:
So make we no blame lawmakers.....a friend never paid for accommodation throughout her 5 years in the University as she lived for FREE in the boys quarter of a friend's cousin but she was collecting N70k from her parents annually for house rent! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Bobulopsy(m): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2016
LilSmith55:
Hmmm. True Yarn, Nobody Wan Suffer...,... One Of My Friend Collect 70k For 5k Project, Imagine 65k Chaannji...
Dogara and Jibrin @ work
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by LilSmith55(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2016
Bobulopsy:
Dogara and Jibrin @ work
Dis One Don Pass Dogara And Jibrin Own
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Pavore9: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2016
Gideonmi:
Chai! Ur frnd no nice oo. Its never too late to inform EFCC oo cos the dasukigate is on the way. Am sure u slf chop from the house rent deal.

She is already serving her "punishment" as her parents are now late and she is footing the bills of her two youngest siblings who are now in the University.....she is "restituting"! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Skoopy(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
9 out every 10 Nigerian children re guilty of this!!!

Maybe 99.99% are guilty of it, I not exempted.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by OjujuCalabar(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Name splitting to obtain more money especially from the illiterate parents.
Example, introduction to technical engineering structure as a course.

The student pads his budget to collects money for:
Introduction
Technical
Engineering
Structure.

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Gideonmi(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2016
That's all!... No more comment. grin
Pavore9:

She is already serving her "punishment" as her parents are now late and she is footing the bills of her two youngest siblings who are now in the University.....she is "restituting"! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by LarryBeryl(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:
i never did any padding during my school days...they gave me money when i needed it and i wasnt the party type or the type that spend to acquire fame...i just wanted to be focused and reward my parents for their high level of responsibility and hardworks.

The most important reason is: i wanted to avoid cognitive dessonance and guilty conscience.

Most 'padders' are people that concentrate more on popularity and fashion or those that tried to be what they are not

Dont forget dat ur children will 'multi-pad' u in a smarter way.

Not doing it to your parent automatically means your child won't do it to you?.... hehehehehehe, call me when he starts.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2016
May God forgive me I did this paddin in my ND days, I collected 40k for project instead of 5k even 10k for EED instead of 1K given differnt price handout of 5H
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by faorex(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2016
why should I pad my budget?? when my parents give me any money I ask for in fact If I need 350 I will still ask my parent because I know he will give..

most students that pad their budget are mostly caused by the parents

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2016
e get wetin we no go pad for Naija ni even yansh and breast dem dey pad sef.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by asarebabson: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2016
orobs93:
I always do mine with heavy heart but with moderation sha
There is not any moderation in committing sin. sin is sin as padding is padding: no small sin my guy.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by uchwar1: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
9 out every 10 Nigerian children re guilty of this!!!
9 out 10 parents are aware that their children are padding their budgets, but they can't do anything. we all should know that our children will do same to us someday. however, how do u expect students to buy good shoes and clothz? lolz

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Odogwuskido(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2016
LilSmith55:
Hmmm. True Yarn, Nobody Wan Suffer...,... One Of My Friend Collect 70k For 5k Project, Imagine 65k Chaannji...

Your friend or you?...... Who do I ask?
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2016
Olusharp:
How Students Do budget padding on
their finance from parents.
Having witnessed the budget padding
saga that has trail the National
Assembly in the past week,i noticed
the this padding of a thing has been
common among Students especially
those in Tertiary institutions.
Here is a list of how Students do their
own budget padding.
1. Inflating the cost of school fee.
2. Increasing the cash meant for
handout.
3. Making use of names of halls in the
school as names of books to get
money.
4. Coming up with non-existing
projects
5. Coming up with assignments that
must ne done immediately
6. Increasing price on house rent
7. collecting fund for sham
registrations etc.
Therefore it is not only Legislators that
can pad budget..
I avoided it like a plague while in the Uni and I ended up developing chronic Ulcer due to frequent meal & cash crunch. Now,I don't even know wether I should praise or blame my self for being upright then.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Slimmos(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2016
Student budget padding is for those that hav sponsors( parent, sister, uncle or relatives). For we that sponsored ourselves in school, mehn there was nothing like budget padding cuz nobody to lie to and u cant lie to urself. Mehn, it was God' s grace that saw us through cuz it wasnt easy but we scaled through with excellent result.E com remain make baba God come crown our effort with better work.

8 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by gab19: 8:08am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:
i never did any padding during my school days...they gave me money when i needed it and i wasnt the party type or the type that spend to acquire fame...i just wanted to be focused and reward my parents for their high level of responsibility and hardworks.

The most important reason is: i wanted to avoid cognitive dessonance and guilty conscience.

Most 'padders' are people that concentrate more on popularity and fashion or those that tried to be what they are not

so what did u graduate with?
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by martineinstein(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2016
gab19:
so what did u graduate with?
second class upper(4.47)
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by hadura29(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2016
Some parent knows but they still give as long as you are focused and they wouldn't want you lacking... pikin will definitely do it ooo.. Karna
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by omenka(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2016
Guilty as charged. Mine was just for my final year project sha, about 100% padding. cry

Popsi had insiders in the school so we don't even dare inflating anything regarding tuition- him must catch you. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 21, 2016
People who do it understands what it means; Sponsored myself through school there is no way I could have padded my budget even though me like owambe
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Teespice(f): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2016
I still used this illustration to drive home my point weeks ago.

my own be say, if you have done this padding as a student, you have no moral right to blast anybody. as they say, if you point one finger at someone, four is pointing back at you.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Stanbeto: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2016
Students have been padding before our law makers
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by naijaboiy: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2016
Padding is the real deal if you no wan suffer for school.

I always pad before resuming every semester. I'm even thinking of my latest padding ideas that I'll use to resume this session. grin

E dey sweet sha. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by orobs93(m): 8:39am On Aug 21, 2016
asarebabson:
There is not any moderation in committing sin. sin is sin as padding is padding: no small sin my guy.

Ehen so e get who nor dey commit sin
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by naijaboiy: 8:40am On Aug 21, 2016
Teespice:
I still used this illustration to drive home my point weeks ago.

my own be say, if you have done this padding as a student, you have no moral right to blast anybody. as they say, if you point one finger at someone, four is pointing back at you.
[b]It's not the same thing Abeg. grin When a student pads his budget it's for him alone and not for his other siblings or family members.

But the lawmakers are padding the budget meant for a whole constituency and they don't even use the money at all when it comes.

Even our parents know sometimes that we do pad but they don't complain cos we still come home with good results. But in the case of the lawmakers they don't even do anything tangible. They steal all the money, both the one they gained from the padding and the actual amount meant for whatever project they should have carried out. How will the people not complain when they are not seeing any change at all.

Abeg we have every right to complain. Money meant for a number of people should not be spent by only one person. If you steal out of the money but you still used out of it to carry out a project then I don't think people will complain like this.

Haba!

It's really funny you had to compare the students padding analogy with that of the lawmakers. That's just ridiculous! grin
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Spells(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2016
Nigerians and padding b like this.,.. E don dey make dogara even begin wear pad. Very soon na nairalander padding go begin cheesy

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by dam4wummy(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

that got me cracking
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Bonapart:
All because Buhari is a punishment to Nigeria
Ur madness has no cure I swear.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by noble71(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=Chimarto post=48659663]

My GF have it A1[/quote

and you are giving her the money. bro u never hear this proverb that says ' Dont train a girlfriend in school' to avoid stories that touch......girls of these days use memory card as heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ / FG, ASUU’s Feud Deepens, No Date For Resumption Of Negotiations / 11 Pictures Every Freshman (1st Year students) Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.