Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. (20749 Views)

South African Students Do "Birth Pose". Photos Go Viral / Students Do This A Lot - 10 Things You Should Never Do When Charging Your Phone / 5 Things Successful Students Do, That You Don't. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by donxtamil(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2016
grin grin grin LADY F .did dat alot
Olusharp:
How Students Do budget padding on
their finance from parents.
Having witnessed the budget padding
saga that has trail the National
Assembly in the past week,i noticed
the this padding of a thing has been
common among Students especially
those in Tertiary institutions.
Here is a list of how Students do their
own budget padding.
1. Inflating the cost of school fee.
2. Increasing the cash meant for
handout.
3. Making use of names of halls in the
school as names of books to get
money.
4. Coming up with non-existing
projects
5. Coming up with assignments that
must ne done immediately
6. Increasing price on house rent
7. collecting fund for sham
registrations etc.
Therefore it is not only Legislators that
can pad budget..
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Teespice(f): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

[b]It's not the same thing Abeg. grin When a student pads his budget it's for him alone and not for his other siblings or family members.

But the lawmakers are padding the budget meant for a whole constituency and they don't even use the money at all when it comes.

Even our parents know sometimes that we do pad but they don't complain cos we still come home with good results. But in the case of the lawmakers they don't even do anything tangible. They steal all the money, both the one they gained from the padding and the actual amount meant for whatever project they should have carried out. How will the people not complain when they are not seeing any change at all.

Abeg we have every right to complain. Money meant for a number of people should not be spent by only one person. If you steal out of the money but you still used out of it to carry out a project then I don't think people will complain like this.

Haba!

It's really funny you had to compare the students padding analogy with that of the lawmakers. That's just ridiculous! grin
[/b]

so you are saying that because your parents know you padded your school budget, it is justified because you have good results.

don't forget that in a way, the excess padding affects other family members by depriving them also of their needs. nobody will tell you.

it's not a good thing to do whichever way we chose to see it. you say that even if they steal money for constituency projects, at least let there be something to show as per completed projects. it goes a long way to show that we as Nigerians are satisfied with the crumbs that come our way. what ever happened to doing things the right way. oh well, honesty and doing things the right way is no longer a virtue. mediocrity is being celebrated instead.

padding is padding irrespective of the amount of money involved.

you are a lawyer in the making. what is bad is bad. you of all people should know this.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by quivah(f): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:
i never did any padding during my school days...they gave me money when i needed it and i wasnt the party type or the type that spend to acquire fame...i just wanted to be focused and reward my parents for their high level of responsibility and hardworks.

The most important reason is: i wanted to avoid cognitive dessonance and guilty conscience.

Most 'padders' are people that concentrate more on popularity and fashion or those that tried to be what they are not

Dont forget dat ur children will 'multi-pad' u in a smarter way .
@emboldened, its not like yours will be any different.
if you think your kids will be merciful in budget padding because you didn't do that to your parents, you are on a long thing. your parents were lucky in your own case but what about your siblings?
98% of Nigerian parents have an experience with budget padding.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by winkmart: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2016
did it in my final year... but they have gotten their money through OUNJE OMO.

now, I send monthly allowances....but I guess my Sister is been padding for me too.

She must have collected project typing money now, like 5 times.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by nigeriapolitics(f): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2016
Slimmos:
Student budget padding is for those that hav sponsors( parent, sister, uncle or relatives). For we that sponsored ourselves in school, mehn there was nothing like budget padding cuz nobody to lie to and u cant lie to urself. Mehn, it was God' s grace that saw us through cuz it wasnt easy but we scaled through with excellent result.E com remain make baba God come crown our effort with better work.
U ar very right, God will crown Our effort bcus it's not easy @al
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by ladyF(f): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2016
donxtamil:
grin grin grin LADY F .did dat alot
Hehehe...

No comment grin
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by arsenic33(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Slimmos(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2016
nigeriapolitics:

U ar very right, God will crown Our effort bcus it's not easy @al
Amen ooo...Bros, no b small tin my eyes see oo, but I give glory to him.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by adzumeayi: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2016
We are still taking orders on all our products
*y*Tara/maybelline makup
*y* Ceylon cinnamon Weight Loss kit
*y*Horseradish fat burner sirop
*y*Turmeric Powder
*y*Fenugreek powder
*y*Coconut oil
*y*shea buta
*y*Original ghana Black soap(wholesale)
*y*Pure Honey
*y*Face&body lotions
*y*Organic Bar soaps(diff flavours)
*y*Body oils
*y*Acne kits
Watzapp 07063187303
=-C 07055707171
Bbm 2BC05923
Instagram @asheadziflawlesstouch
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by anigbajumo(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2016

Chai,see this thread make I open my 100L history....

I can never forget how I changed tuition fee of 118k to 333k in 2012.heehehehe,it makes me Laugh......

If can't believe my dad can still Love me like this thanks to my mum coz it was a different scenario wen I was busted.

Dad:Esmaheel u will leave my house,u ar not my son,u must be a bastard...

Mum:my son,keep calm,nothing will happen just make sure u return back the money...

"I be like,return what??Never,"

Special thanks to my mum,she really played a major role then coz it would av completely damaged the relationship between me nd my dad even though I was not given 1kobo for 5months.

Am wicked,over 200k duped without refund...God will forgive me shaa

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:
i never did any padding during my school days...they gave me money when i needed it and i wasnt the party type or the type that spend to acquire fame...i just wanted to be focused and reward my parents for their high level of responsibility and hardworks.

The most important reason is: i wanted to avoid cognitive dessonance and guilty conscience.

Most 'padders' are people that concentrate more on popularity and fashion or those that tried to be what they are not

Dont forget dat ur children will 'multi-pad' u in a smarter way.
Don't blame them, most times money parents give to their children in university are not enough which leads to the budget padding esp during this difficult times.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by aprilwise(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2016
If I don't pad my budget how can I have extra cash for my babe nd friends. List of my non existence fees.1. Course registration 2.practical project. 3. Departmental fee, it exist but It never pay for once. 4.escution fee. I ve collected cash from my dad in the name of escution but non exit. The list is many.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by nuradeen011(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

that does not exclude you to be the victim
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by ibroh22(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

You are wrong bro,,,am not a party goer nd not fashion freak,but am a padder,,,,I pray God gives me financial strength to give my children whatever they ask from me,be it padded or not,,,,,, whether you pad your parents or not,your children will pad you

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by kennyjam: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2016
Here in Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Cadets collect Money from Parents and Guardian in the name of Activities.
Money for Dock Watch( which means evening parade)
Money for Boat Watch( which means morning parade)
Money for Breaking Ship (means to abscond from school)
Money for Accountability (means taking record of those in school)
etc, just to mention a few.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2016
I can imagine
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by sweetilicious(f): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

I didn't do that either. Anytime i ask for money, my people gives. I don't also spend it in ridiculous way. I saved alot eh so that i wouldn't lack.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by HomeOfMe(f): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2016
Olusharp:
How Students Do budget padding on
their finance from parents.
Having witnessed the budget padding
saga that has trail the National
Assembly in the past week,i noticed
the this padding of a thing has been
common among Students especially
those in Tertiary institutions.
Here is a list of how Students do their
own budget padding.
1. Inflating the cost of school fee.
2. Increasing the cash meant for
handout.
3. Making use of names of halls in the
school as names of books to get
money.
4. Coming up with non-existing
projects
5. Coming up with assignments that
must ne done immediately
6. Increasing price on house rent
7. collecting fund for sham
registrations etc.
Therefore it is not only Legislators that
can pad budget..
Yes most people are guilty of it especially students and housewives. I am guilty;tell the truth and shame the dev.il
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by ikorodureporta: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Some will collect money for irrigation, & oil spillage grin

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by ikorodureporta: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2016
Profayo:
I have never done this before, if you have not done it before too, click like.If you have done it before, click share.

All the best to OAU medical students about to commence their exams.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by blueflowers(f): 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
During my uni days, there was a guy in chemistry dept that told his mom to give him 150k to buy laptop which he says it is a must in that dept( his dad is late and his mom is struggling to see him through school). One day, his mom came to enquire about it and the boy was called by the HOD.
HOD: who said that laptop is compulsory in this dept?
Guy: aah mummy, I didnt say 150k for laptop but 1500 for labcoat. How can I say something like that when I know that u dont have the money.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by favexx(f): 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
I can pad 4 africa...if my dad eva finds out my real feez I would b disowned for life..the way I pad my friends dey help me pity am buh girl gats survive na
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by favexx(f): 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
ibroh22:

You are wrong bro,,,am not a party goer nd not fashion freak,but am a padder,,,,I pray God gives me financial strength to give my children whatever they ask from me,be it padded or not,,,,,, whether you pad your parents or not,your children will pad you
tnk u biko..its not evry 1 dat pads dat is the party type infact I hv come to realise dat the party type goes extra mile and dont depend on the padded money
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by favexx(f): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Pandorabox:
Don't blame them, most times money parents give to their children in university are not enough which leads to the budget padding esp during this difficult times.
maby she hasnt been in a situation when u get to school evryday and u are asked 2 pay dis or dat frm ur feeding money...dia are expenses dat are nt included in what eva money u wia given..u pad 2 make room for such expenses else u go turn runs gal for skul

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by favexx(f): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=noble71 post=48668605][/quote] I wont even want a guy sef to train me in school what if I dont like him anymore nko?....if u must train a gal marry her 1st ang give he belle b4 u train her fully..else na another man u dey shape her for
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by frubben(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

Who ask u all this may u dey talk now
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by frubben(m): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Guilty as charged. Lol

If you tell them the actual amount they will reduce it thinking u padded the school fee

So my dear u gat pad the tin high so if dem reduce u go still gain. If not u go suffer die for school.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by Ugosample(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

You have said it all
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by athorello(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
The worst is when you're FYB and some lecturers have threatened not to let you go unless your sort, sorry block. Your supervisor is demanding money for nothing and you won't tell to avoid stories that touch because you know who you parents are. That kind of budget padding can make first class.
I know some parents give their ward tens or hundreds of thousands to help block, some don't care if you block or not while for others is a NO NO! A dad once confronted a supervisor and even threatened him in one of the almighty schools but later have to succumb when he saw that the man was putting up other gimmicks to frustrate the ward. The supervisor had to take care of everything. The dad was actually lamenting the education standard in naija and why he have to hustle his kids to Covenant or send them overseas. I have also seen and heard of supervisors who will take hold of your project work till report binding. It's a must you pay. Trust students especially babes with different gimmicks.
God help you if when the semester or session ends you won't have to borrow all your friends textbooks to go explain how to spent all the money.
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by colyx1(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
I could remember back then in delsu.... A friend of my collecting first and second semester school fees....our fada's don suffer....Lol
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by buckyfof(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
martineinstein:

there are many pple whose parent dint go to a uni and their children are padding them well.......don't deceive ursef oga, ur children will multi-triple pad u sef

point of correction, most padders are not pple that concentrate on fame and popularity, they just pad because there are some emergency things and projects that come up at some point, that ur parents wouldn't be able to sponsor due to some difficulties and hardship........so you see how that padded money now comes in as a miracle to save you and spare your blushes
Re: How Nigeria Students Do Their Own Budget Padding. by TeamSimple(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
It's actually fun if you know your parents can afford to pay extra.

Am guilty. But it's kinda interesting. I did all through my undergraduate days and got away with it. But history caught up with me when my immediate sister got admission into the same school, the same year I graduated.

My dad got to know. We just laughed over it coz I got to know my dad also did same to his parents.
Ain't a basttard.
Like I said, it's okay when you know your parents can afford the extra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ / 11 Pictures Every Freshman (1st Year students) Can Relate To / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Exercise Board (official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.