Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family (2634 Views)

Aregbesola - Governors Not Chief Security Officers / SSS Detain El-rufai At MMIA In Lagos / Some Top Security Officers Are Boko Haram Members - Uwazurike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by baslone: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2009
marissa:

@Gbawe and @nethacker

Is a one-hour delay at the airport in any way comparable to the brazen display of power in dealing with political enemies of the 'powers that be' both el-Rufai and Ribadu meted out on Obasanjo's enemies grin? Abi you've forgotten so soon? Were they not both Obasanjo's Rotweillers?

Obasanjo enemies??

I'm curious, these so called enemies of obj should definitely have
names. Please always state their names so we can scold these rotweillers.
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by sley4life(m): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2009
if el rufai hands ar clean y not come 2 nigeria to prove himself instead of sending emails 2 spk 2 the authorities
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by sley4life(m): 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
& so what. El rufail should come back and face charges
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by Gbawe: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2009
sley4life:

& so what. El rufail should come back and face charges

Would you "come back and face charges" if you are the one being persecuted by an unfair, highly vindictive ,wicked and human rights-abusing Government that pursues and humiliates its percieved enemies with sadistic zeal  ? Yet the same Government damns the consequence to our image by protecting and elevating numerous criminals who have raped our nation comatose !!!! Given all we have seen from our President , will you seek justice , if you were his enemy , in a law court (and under a Judge) Yar Adua controls?

Ribadu may not be a saint but his treatment at the hands of the Yar Adua Government should leave no one in any doubt that Yar Adua is unfair, callous and highly vengeful . El-Rufai will be treated worse than Ribadu if he come to Nigeria because he has not stopped speaking against Yar Adua and how he regrets that they worked to make him President.

Nigerians may be docile but they love their heroes passionately.  Mark my word, Ribadu and El-Rufai will play significant roles in Nigerian politics in the future under a new Government. The West loves these guys and Nigerians love them also. That is the type of endorsement that got Oshiomhole into Edo State house. Let Yar Adua , Turai, Aondoakaa, Ibori and all those who will be on their way down  pray that El Rufai, Ribadu, Ken Nnamani , and those who will be on their way up under a future Government,  do not turn out to be as vengeful as our current President and his hounddogs.
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by nethacker(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2009
Gbawe:

Would you "come back and face charges" if you are the one being persecuted by an unfair, highly vindictive ,wicked and human rights-abusing Government that pursues and humiliates its percieved enemies with sadistic zeal ? Yet the same Government damns the consequence to our image by protecting and elevating numerous criminals who have raped our nation comatose !!!! Given all we have seen from our President , will you seek justice , if you were his enemy , in a law court (and under a Judge) Yar Adua controls?

Ribadu may not be a saint but his treatment at the hands of the Yar Adua Government should leave no one in any doubt that Yar Adua is unfair, callous and highly vengeful . El-Rufai will be treated worse than Ribadu if he come to Nigeria because he has not stopped speaking against Yar Adua and how he regrets that they worked to make him President.

Nigerians may be docile but they love their heroes passionately. Mark my word, Ribadu and El-Rufai will play significant roles in Nigerian politics in the future under a new Government. The West loves these guys and Nigerians love them also. That is the type of endorsement that got Oshiomhole into Edo State house. Let Yar Adua , Turai, Aondoakaa, Ibori and all those who will be on their way down pray that El Rufai, Ribadu, Ken Nnamani , and those who will be on their way up under a future Government, do not turn out to be as vengeful as our current President and his hounddogs.
hmmmm, Gbawe,o ti kawe ju omo yi grin . oro kabiti la tenu omo yoruba t'o gbon .

if you are the one being persecuted by an unfair, highly vindictive ,wicked and human rights-abusing Government that pursues and humiliates its percieved enemies with sadistic zeal ? Yet the same Government damns the consequence to our image by protecting and elevating numerous criminals who have raped our nation comatose
Gbawe patrick Obahiagbon, I concur to[b] ^^^^^^[/b] grin .Food 4 thought
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by saworoide: 8:43am On Sep 30, 2009
El-Rufai was not a saint, he had a job to do and he did it better than many Nigerians will do under the circumastance. He was accused of disobeying court order, I doubt if anybody will get any job done in that position without some excesses. We all know how our lawyer friend can use court injuctions to frustrate proceedings and make you achieve nothing. Odili's pertual injuction against investigation of his tenure as Rivers State Governor is classic example of rule of law?

To go after his family in tjis manner is not civilised at all and the authorities should stop portraying Nigeria as lawless countries.
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by yeswecan(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2009
What is the crux of this thread? Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family for one hour,  And so what.

This is the double standard issue we have in Nigeria. Security agencies/immigration officials have a clear right to delay anyone for as long as they choose, but our honorable minister is not aware of this because of the double standard. I have experienced 90 minutes delay at MM . I no go press go talk am.
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by nethacker(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2009
yeswecan:

What is the crux of this thread? Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family for one hour, And so what.

This is the double standard issue we have in Nigeria. Security agencies/immigration officials have a clear right to delay anyone for as long as they choose, but our honorable minister is not aware of this because of the double standard. I have experienced 90 minutes delay at MM . I no go press go talk am.

R u a minister ? but u no be minister now grin
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by Gbawe: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2009
yeswecan:

What is the crux of this thread? Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family for one hour,  And so what.

The "crux of this thread" is the unchallenged abuse of power and priviledge by the Yar Adua Government. Yes folks are detained everyday by security officers but anyone who has been following events , and thus understands the 'modus operandi' of the Yar Adua Government , will realise that this is an attempt to cower and embarass El-Rufai and his family as was done to Ribadu when he was manhandled and thrown out of a graduation hall with his family . Even if you have experienced 90 minutes delay at MMIA has this happened to you:

There was another order from the chief security officer of the institute that Ribadu should vacate the hall immediately. He was said to have stood up at that point. The security officials around however decided to drag and shove him, his wife and children out of the hall.
He was further told that he would not receive his certificate of graduation even though his name was in the list of the graduates,

http://allafrica.com/stories/200811250206.html

Let me ask you a few questions.

Do you know Jonathan Elendu and what he does ?

Do you know what happened to him when he set foot in Nigeria from his diasporan base?

Have you noted the SSS  actions lately , tacitly endorsed by Yar Adua , that is giving human right bodies concerns about violations of the fundamental rights of Nigerians under this Government?

I will stop with the above for now.
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by nethacker(m): 10:30am On Sep 30, 2009
@gbawe,who r u?
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by Gbawe: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2009
nethacker:

@gbawe,who r u?

Just a concerned Nigerian. I think we all have to play our part if tyrannical rule , designed to keep it 'business as usual' for a few , is to be defeated. Given what we have been through and the blood that has being shed to get us this far we must renounce the oppressive and intolerant style of leadership Yar Adua is using to regress our nation. If they call me and you human rights abusers abroad we will be angry but what is the Nigerian FG doing in our collective name? How can you refuse to renew the Passport of a citizen of Nigeria when said individual is not a citizen of any other nation? Is that not a dictatorial way of telling El-Rufai that "go and beg the nation you ran to for a Passport since we won't renew your Nigerian passport "?

How can a Nigerian Citizen be beaten publicly by Naval men at the behest of their boss only for the case to be , more or less , burried by the Yar Adua Government? Till today no one has been brought to book for the sadistic and public humiliation dished out to the young lady in question !!!!

Why should a Foreign based blogger visiting Nigeria be locked up by the Yar Adua Government without access to the world , only to then be released without charge weeks later,  because said blogger wrote about our Presidents health and his treatment sojourn (wrapped as as lesser Hajj) to Saudi Arabia?

Human rights abuse is rife under Yar Adua and Nigerians should speak up before our President begins to think he can act with impugnity always without fear of consequence .
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by nethacker(m): 11:36am On Sep 30, 2009
Gbawe:

Just a concerned Nigerian. I think we all have to play our part if tyrannical rule , designed to keep it 'business as usual' for a few , is to be defeated. Given what we have been through and the blood that has being shed to get us this far we must renounce the oppressive and intolerant style of leadership Yar Adua is using to regress our nation. If they call me and you human rights abusers abroad we will be angry but what is the Nigerian FG doing in our collective name? How can you refuse to renew the Passport of a citizen of Nigeria when said individual is not a citizen of any other nation? Is that not a dictatorial way of telling El-Rufai that "go and beg the nation you ran to for a Passport since we won't renew your Nigerian passport "?

How can a Nigerian Citizen be beaten publicly by Naval men at the behest of their boss only for the case to be , more or less , burried by the Yar Adua Government? Till today no one has been brought to book for the sadistic and public humiliation dished out to the young lady in question !!!!

Why should a Foreign based blogger visiting Nigeria be locked up by the Yar Adua Government without access to the world , only to then be released without charge weeks later, because said blogger wrote about our Presidents health and his treatment sojourn (wrapped as as lesser Hajj) to Saudi Arabia?

Human rights abuse is rife under Yar Adua and Nigerians should speak up before our President begins to think he can act with impugnity always without fear of consequence .
I am beginning to believe u r a lawyer and an activist.I might be wrong,i dont knw.But u r right
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by alanbolo(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ mikeansy and Gbawe,    Thanks for your posts.   

@netcracker, I concur u on who Gbawe is,   a concerned activist.   

We all need to speak out and denied any wrong doing being mettled out to all.       During OBJ regime, we got better treatment around the world than the present.
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by cassidy(f): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2009
When one of your own is wrongfully held back at the Airport for no concrete reason then you will know that Nigeria is just a Country lead by people without foresight.

Sumtime in September 2007 my husband coming in from d middle east (where he had gone to conclude a business deal with 2 other Nigerians) was held back for 2 days by SSS and what explanation did dey give him - that is name sounds like a terrorist's name (funny).

He was arrested (detained) without being able to make contact with any1 cos his phones where collected. We now had to make contacts with sum people who got him out and SSS said his was a case of mistaken identity but i tell u from den till now each time he travels out he is still held back at the airport minimum 30minutes.

Then you wonder what kind of country are we leaving in?
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by MrCrackles(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2009
Why are they harrassing the dude and his family now? angry
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by MrCrackles(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2009
Gbawe:

The "crux of this thread" is the unchallenged abuse of power and priviledge by the Yar Adua Government. Yes folks are detained everyday by security officers but anyone who has been following events , and thus understands the 'modus operandi' of the Yar Adua Government , will realise that this is an attempt to cower and embarass El-Rufai and his family as was done to Ribadu when he was manhandled and thrown out of a graduation hall with his family
Spot on. . . .
Re: Security Officers Detain El Rufai's Family by mekuslogan: 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2009
While I do not support harrassing the family of El-Rufai, the man himself is a rogue person that should come back home and face justice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News : Jos Boils Again, Over 500 Killed In Reprisal Attack! / Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! / Silencing Beaf And Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.