Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Can I Marry Her? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Marry Her? (1786 Views)

If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer / Should I Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Marry Her? by olalekan1(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2009
I need a candid advice from Muslims' borthers and sisters by making reference to Quaran and Hadith on this topic. I am a, hardworking, focused and matured man in my twenties. I have girlfriend who I love to the depth of my heart and she happen to be my first love and at the same time she is a christian. We are both intending to marry each other but considering the religious difference, I dont know if it is permissible for me to marry her (a non muslim). I hardly think of any other girl in any day and anytime except she, infact she is the love of my life. Please enlighten me more on this as your response will be highly appreciated. ma salam
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
Can't you conquer her and make her a muslim ? Guy you need to act smart like real guys.

Will be right back
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
You are allowed to marry a jew or christian Quran 5:5 ',,,, lawful to you (in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste from those who were given the scripture (jews and christians)

There is arguement , some scholars interprete the verse to come as mistress other say girl friend, Allah knows best, the verse continues
',,,when you have given their due pridal money, desiring chastity, not committing illegal sexual intercourse nor taking them as girl friends or mistress.

And whosoever disbelieve in faith, then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers'

may Allah forgive us and guide us
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
You will certainly have problem if she remains in christianity:

She will be doing things contrary to the teaching of Islam, majority of men die before their wives, what will you do if they are raised in a christian way since you are always off to the office, do you want ur children to be like mazaje and tudor who embraced atheism ? Their fathers were muslim. In ur grave and Hereafter you shall be questioned of ur children's faith.

If your wife dies you will not attend her burial nor will you ever pray for her, see Quran 9:84 'And never pray for any of them nor stand at their grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger and died while they were fasiqun'

you shall not inherit her nor will she inherit you,

Narrated Usama bin zaid that the messenger of Good said,'an unbeliever does not inherit a believer and a believer does not inherit an unbeliever' sahih muslim, hadith 994.

The ball is in ur court
Re: Can I Marry Her? by olalekan1(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2009
@Abuzola
Thanks so much for your reply but Can you please tell me anything Quran said about Love?
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Nezan(m): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2009
Kill the unbelievers wherever ye see them, that is the command from the koran. You better murder your girl friend because she is a kaferi!
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2009
Which love ? Love affair or love as in adoration ?
Re: Can I Marry Her? by olalekan1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2009
Abuzola:

Which love ? Love affair or love as in adoration ?
Both
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2009
Alrighta
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2009
I will answer ur question tomorrow, too busy tonight
Re: Can I Marry Her? by noetic15(m): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2009
olalekan1:

I need a candid advice from Muslims' borthers and sisters by making reference to Quaran and Hadith on this topic. I am a, hardworking, focused and matured man in my twenties. I have girlfriend who I love to the depth of my heart and she happen to be my first love and at the same time she is a christian. We are both intending to marry each other but considering the religious difference, I dont know if it is permissible for me to marry her (a non muslim). I hardly think of any other girl in any day and anytime except she, infact she is the love of my life. Please enlighten me more on this as your response will be highly appreciated. ma salam

why did u not pick one of the hijab wearing ninja's as ur girl friend?
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
Love: Hadith muslim, no 42 -
narrated Abu hurairah who said,'The Messenger of God said,'You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another, shall i tell you of something which if you do it you will love each other ? Spread peace among yourselves'

muslim, hadith 24, Narrated Anas that Prophet Muhammad said,,'By Him in Whose my soul, no servant will have attained faith until he loves his neighbour as he loves himself'

muslim, hadith 1768- 'Abu huraira said 'the messenger of God said,'On the Day of Resurrection God will say,'where are those who have loved each other for My sake ? Today I shall protect them in My shade when there is no other shade but Mine'

muslim, hadith 1800
By Anas bin malik that Muhammad said,'Do not hate each other and do not be jealous of each other and do not abandon each other, and ,O worshippers of God ! Be brotherly, for it is not permissible for any muslim to abandon his brother for more than 3 days'
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2009
Love affair

Abu hurairah said the Prophet said,'you may marry a woman for four things, her wealth, her family, her beauty and her religion. But marry the religious woman or you will lose'
muslim, 798.

It was related that when uqba ibn amir stood upon the pulpit said that the messenger of God said,'A believer is the brother of another believer, so it is unlawful for him to seek to outstrip his brother, and he should not make a proposal after his brother has proposed, unless his brother first give up his proposal'
Re: Can I Marry Her? by luvola(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
marry her if she likes u. i hate introducing relig to isues. if u knw der is true lov b/w u and d xtian girl then marry her. n.b dont force her to convert to muslim if she is not willing to .
Re: Can I Marry Her? by luvola(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
marry her if she likes u. i hate introducing relig to isues. if u knw der is true lov b/w u and d xtian girl then marry her. n.b dont force her to convert to muslim if she is not willing to .
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
Check out, Quran 2:232, 234, 4:25, 24:3, 24:32 and 4:2-70 for more referrences on love affair.

Ignore luvola's comment, he is christian and felt bad that Islam prohibits him from marrying a muslim lady
Re: Can I Marry Her? by luvola(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2009
dat d best i can tel u @ olalekan. got alot of muslim gf so wht yur problem ?
Re: Can I Marry Her? by muhsin(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
luvola:

dat d best i can tel u @ olalekan. got alot of muslim gf so wht yur problem ?

Hope they'll soon jilt you. cheesy
Re: Can I Marry Her? by littleb(m): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
@olalekan

As it been explained to you. It is allow for muslims to marry people of the book, either christian or Jews. However, you will need to make her be a complete muslim in order not to affect your future. I mean your children. Morover, Marriages like this, although permitted but also not generalise. Umar ibn Katab forbades some companions during his time forbades some companions when there are lot of muslims girls available.

Also, there are many questions which arouse during marital life, which a man should asked himself before getting marry, such as which religious should the children practice, which festival should they celebrates and the likes. And in practice, how will you sort out the religious difference within the family. Such marriage in the light of spiritual commitment cost more than what a person prepared and with my experience with some family like that, the muslim husband regret in his old age when he realises the truth of hereafter and almost close to the end of his sourjon on earth.

Lastly, if you think you can proceed to marry her out of love nobody can stop you, however, first you need to ask yourself, did you love her for Allah's sake or otherwise and knowing it right that you are taking a big risk and you are responsible for any action you take on your life.
Re: Can I Marry Her? by olalekan1(m): 8:38am On Oct 02, 2009
littleb:

@olalekan

As it been explained to you. It is allow for muslims to marry people of the book, either christian or Jews. However, you will need to make her be a complete muslim in order not to affect your future. I mean your children. Morover, Marriages like this, although permitted but also not generalise. Umar ibn Katab forbades some companions during his time forbades some companions when there are lot of muslims girls available.

Also, there are many questions which arouse during marital life, which a man should asked himself before getting marry, such as which religious should the children practice, which festival should they celebrates and the likes. And in practice, how will you sort out the religious difference within the family. Such marriage in the light of spiritual commitment cost more than what a person prepared and with my experience with some family like that, the muslim husband regret in his old age when he realises the truth of hereafter and almost close to the end of his sourjon on earth.

Lastly, if you think you can proceed to marry her out of love nobody can stop you, however, first you need to ask yourself, did you love her for Allah's sake or otherwise and knowing it right that you are taking a big risk and you are responsible for any action you take on your life.
Thank you. If it is very easy for me to leave her I will do. Nothing made me to love her if not for the Almighty Allah who I know is responsible for all things. The love I have for her is just getting deeper and deeper. It will be my everlasting happiness if she just change to Islam Today or soon. Thank you once again.
luvola:

But one has to fear the creator of heaven and earth, abide by his rules and regulations. I know not what I will be like in the judgement day.
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Frizy(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2009
Abuzola:

Can't you conquer her and make her a muslim ? Guy you need to act smart like real guys.

Will be right back

Things like this is easier said than done, from my personal experience it is hard to change a female friend to become Muslim. If you are not careful enough, she would even invite you to come to church on Sunday. She will be like :"**** can you come with me this sunday? Please!"

You know all these gist my brother, desist. wink
Re: Can I Marry Her? by olalekan1(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2009
Abuzola:

Check out, Quran 2:232, 234, 4:25, 24:3, 24:32 and 4:2-70 for more referrences on love affair.  

Ignore luvola's comment, he is christian and felt bad that Islam prohibits him from marrying a muslim lady
Thank you so much I got the message. Where do you stay and which tribe are you?
Re: Can I Marry Her? by fizzybaba(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2009
Frizy:

[b]Things like this is easier said than done, from my personal experience it is hard to change a female friend to become Muslim. If you are not careful enough, she would even invite you to come to church on Sunday. She will be like :"**** can you come with me this sunday? Please!"[/b]You know all these gist my brother, desist. wink

and i can imagine the tone she would deploy in making the request, a challenging one to turn down

when u turn it down, be sure she would say you dont love her and at that point, u would want to prove your love.kai!
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 11:20am On Oct 02, 2009
Lol, you need to be smart to conquer her, is left for the beholder to rule the table himself
Re: Can I Marry Her? by muhsin(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2009
Frizy:

Things like this is easier said than done, from my personal experience it is hard to change a female friend to become Muslim. If you are not careful enough, she would even invite you to come to church on Sunday. She will be like :"**** can you come with me this sunday? Please!"

You know all these gist my brother, desist. wink

I was once tried this way. shocked shocked shocked

cheesy
Re: Can I Marry Her? by fizzybaba(m): 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2009
some of us are still navigating that road
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Nezan(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2009
Go for the hijab wearing ladies.
Re: Can I Marry Her? by fizzybaba(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nezan:

Go for the hijab wearing ladies.

before nko? and the non hijab wearing ladies should stick to their kind
Re: Can I Marry Her? by Nezan(m): 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
Then why is he trying to marry a Christian?

My guy no wan marry them hijab wearing ladies . . grin grin grin grin . .
Re: Can I Marry Her? by muhsin(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2009
Mts. Bored.
Re: Can I Marry Her? by luvola(m): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2009
marry a muslim den if u ar not satisfied then
Re: Can I Marry Her? by muhsin(m): 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2009
Very good. Very fair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Moon Is Not Possible To Be Seen Anywhere Inthe World” On Saturday, July 26th / Nafih Muslim Organization ( Nairaland Muslims) Meet And Greet Event / The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.