Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) (60959 Views)

Wedding Cancelled As Fire Kills Groom's Mother, Injures Others In Abia. Photos / Bride And Groom In Dancing Competition At Their Wedding (Video) / Ghanaian Groom In Lab Coat-Looking Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by dre11(m): 6:36am On Aug 22, 2016
A bride had reportedly threatened to stab her hubby at her wedding in Umuahia, Abia State because she felt her family were starved at the event

Pandemonium broke out on the 26th of June 2016, during the wedding of Nkechi Ofor and her husband Emeka Ofor at the premises of the Umuahia North Local Government Headquarters, Abia State.

A minor disagreement between families and friends of the couple ensued when the bride alleged that her village people were not been served enough foods and drinks despite the fact that she contributed the lion share of the wedding expenses.

As the man in charge of drinks was trying to give explanations and at the same time urging the raging bride to keep it cool, it led to a hot argument between them and Nkechi the bride, fully dressed in her wedding atire, picked up bottles and started throwing them at the man.

The noisy scenario attracted the groom, Emeka, who stormed out of the reception to calm his wife but Nkechi, the groom was reported to have threatened to stab her newly wedded husband and stab herself if she is not allowed to have her way.

The groom’s family allegedly stormed the scene angrily throwing bottles and chairs leading to a free for all fight between the two families.

It was during the melee, that one Chisom Ofor, said to be a younger brother of the groom mistook a guest, Chinwendu Ibiam, for a junior brother of the bride and allegedly stabbed him at the back of the neck. The victim was reported to have fainted immediately.

According to Uche Ibiam, an elder brother of the victim, “he and his junior brother were invited for the wedding by the bride because the bride is their neighbour at their shop.

He narrated that he “was inside the hall when he started hearing someone shouting stab him, stab him” and that as he made his way to see what was happening, he claimed to have seen Chisom, the groom’s younger brother, stabbing his own brother on the neck and in the process, the victim fainted. Chisom and the rest of the people, alleged, ran away from the scene.

Uche said he quickly rushed his bloodied brother to a the police hospital on Bende Road, Umuahia and the matter was reported at the Central Police Station Umuahia. Nkechi, the bride was invited by the police to rendered an account of what led to the chaos that engulfed her wedding reception, but she refused to show up.

Three days later, Nkechi was said to have made a sudden appearance at the hospital where the victim was undergoing treatment and she allegedly promised to pay for the victims medical expenses. Since then, she never showed up or fulfill her pledge to take responsibilities for the hospital bills.

The neglect and nonchalant attitude of the couple to the plight of the victim prompted a legal practitioner, Barr. Anthony Onyenowu of Victory Chambers, Umuahia, to send a petition to the Commissioner of Police, Abia State, and thereafter the matter was transfered to the State CID Umuahia, for proper investigation.

Men of the state police command, on 3rd August 2016, were at Ajata Ibeku, the hometown of Ofor’s to effect the arrest of Chisom, who allegedly stabbed Chinwendu. Chisom was said to have stripped himself naked and almost escaped before the police caught up with him.

In the process, youths in the village, wielding cutlasses and other dangerous weapons allegedly waylaid the police team and rescued Chisom after inflicting injuries on the policemen. Since then, Chisom Offor walks a freeman boasting of his invincibility even from law enforcement agents.

Efforts to get the bride, Mrs. Nkechi Ofor’s side of the story was impossible as her phone number remained switched off for days.

http://pulse.ng/gist/pulse-eyewitness-bride-disrupts-her-wedding-threatens-to-stab-groom-id5403107.html

Pic1: bride and groom
Pic 2-4: Stabbed guest at the wedding ceremony

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by DonBobes(m): 6:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Ftc!

I laff the military way ha ha ha

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by sunkoye: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2016
This is when wedding jollof was boiled with ogbomosho weed. cheesy

261 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 22, 2016
In Buhari's voice, we moust stamf out kworrupshon in zhat reghion. Lai Mohammad, check their names fwor me.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by TVTKOKO(m): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2016
Thats y yorubas owambe is d best u can get.. If u wan go igbo wedding, u beta chop belleful from house if not eh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

318 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by smart024(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2016
Wonderful...
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is this for real...?
I wonder what would have come out of such a union after a barbaric display...
How would both families now look at themselves...
Thank God the young man stabbed did not die o...
I think there axists a different vendetta from the reason of mare food which the bride threatened to stab people at the reception...
From my experiences at marriages and weddings, that is the time the devil tempts the couple the most so that at a slightest instance, the wedding should be disrupted...

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
This two really allowed the devil to use them...

cry cry cry cry cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by 5minsmadness: 7:05am On Aug 22, 2016
From wedding reception straight to divorce court grin

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by avril9(f): 7:07am On Aug 22, 2016
End time wedding

14 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Mrbigman2: 7:12am On Aug 22, 2016
A lot of guys wnt marry for love and loyalty, dey just wanna get married to a lady who works or who is rich dia by loosing respect from wedding day cos she has the loin share in ur industry.

Me? Am marrying for love and a loyal babe. It's going to be my pride to make her who she'd turn out to be.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by 5minsmadness: 7:17am On Aug 22, 2016
See the wife's innocent face. D man dey there dey happy no know say na psycho he don marry grin

When they tell you people to follow God's principles in getting married, that marriage is a spiritual union, una no go hear. Its all 'I love him', 'my body, my rules ', premarital sex everywhere, nobody is marrying for true love and sacrifice anymore, they only marry for what they can get out of the marriage and soon after the marriage crashes because foundation on which it was built was faulty from the start.

If the woman was a little more patient instead of 'fighting for her right' this would not have happened. If the man had been man enough and had his pride he wouldnt allow the bride foot the lions share of the bill. Who knows if she paid her own bride-price? That's already taking the headship from you at a very early stage.

I remember attending a wedding where souvenirs were being given away and right there on the platform the wife started raging that her people were not being given gifts. The groom held her hand, she pulled it away. The groom started begging her there on the alter. I just dey laugh for my mind.

No godly principles! Selfishness everywhere! Fighting your partner from the onset. Why claim you love him or her if you cannot sacrifice your comfort or pride to make your partner happy?

Until people go back to God , many marriages will continue to crash and burn!

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by DrRasheed: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2016
I can see her village neigbours in attendance..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Luckymay(f): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2016
When the witches in your village has only your name in their database.
But seriously how can someone allow anger control her to the extent of threatening to stab someone she kissed not long ago in front of many people. The marriage is dead on arrival cos what ever they felt for each other would have escaped through the reception hall window.

27 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 22, 2016
y marry each other??,its obvious they r nt meant 2 be...the marriage is a huge disaster waiting 2 happen

9 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by AuroraB(f): 7:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Mrbigman2:
A lot of guys wnt marry for love and loyalty, dey just wanna get married to a lady work or who is reach dia by loosing respect from wedding day cos she has the loin share in ur industry.

Me? Am marrying for love and a loyal babe. It's going to be my pride to make her who she'd turn out to be.
They won't hear grin. They want an independent woman undecided. Sit down and watch her run things, hubby inclusive cheesy.
Nonsense reception, nonsense food cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by duduade: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2016
The two of them look hungry sha....

There s nothing to discuss....

Divorce follow suit....

The groom s family should be happy that the true colours of the bride and her family have showed...

They should go for thanksgiving....

4 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by sisisioge: 9:02am On Aug 22, 2016
Wowzer! So honouring a wedding invite is caveat nowadays. Which kind people be this? Breaking bottles and all at a wedding, started by the bride! Chai!

I remember one of the obnoxious females from the groom's family at my friend's wedding telling me to forkoff just because I was trying to pacify her to stop escalating issues with the servers. Ordinarily, I would have looked at her squarely, and tell her where to go to with my looks or mouth but I looked at her blankly and walked away. The moonkey wasn't allowed to ruin my friend's day grin

8 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by fruityjojo(f): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Booohari! See wah u have caused! cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by jashar(f): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2016
the guy don enter one chance be that.... grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by passionate88: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2016
I like her. Never please his/her family and displease yours

Marriages are just scams nowadays in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
Hehehehehe! **In awolowo 's voice** The flat heads indeed!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by adedayourt(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
so where did dey av the honeymoon smiley

1 Like

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
grin
Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Timoleon(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
nigerians no dey respect themselves....for this buhari era wey people dey hungry, brides family hustle come occassion wey dier daughter contribute money wey she for use buy foodstuff for house, una wan come use hunger kill dem. For what its worth, this story is b.s, its not about the bride, the bride stabbed nobody. It should be about the grooms younger broda who stabbed someone. Why are they making him feel like a hero and painting the bride in 'black light'.

5 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by Lovelynature(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
shocked
Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by AllTheWayUp: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2016
grin grin grin

Na to divorce the woman Sharp Sharp

2 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by kessiah: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2016
Effects of strong weed

4 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2016
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by SurePresident: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2016
The End Time is real. End Time Bride!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by ShitHead(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Marriage is not a must. Take note.

3 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by jrusky(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2016
sunkoye:
This is when wedding jollof was boiled with ogbomosho weed. cheesy

You are very correct.

2 Likes

Re: Bride Threatens To Stab Groom In Umuahia, Disrupts Her Wedding In Abia (photos) by ClitRaider: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2016
Flat.head ugandas no dey shame!
It's so pathetic fighting for akpu and egusi at a pubic function in the presence of their parents and elders.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funerals Have Taken A New Dimension In The East / Guests Dance To "One Corner" At A Wedding (Photos, Video) / Money Rains As Igbo Big Men Throw Cash At Dancing Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.