Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" (815 Views)

Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by MissEdified(f): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2016
Joachim Iroko, the man who named his pet dog "Alhaji Buhari" has been remanded at the Ibara Prison following his arraignment at the Ota Magistrate Court 2, Ogun State on Monday.

The police charged him to court, saying his conduct is likely to breach public peace. The police prosecutor said the act was punishable under Section 249 (d) of Criminal Law of Ogun State, Nigeria, 2016.

Here's what the charge said: “That you, Joachim Iroko, aka Joe, and others still at large, on Saturday, August 13, 2016, at about 5.30pm at the Ketere area, Sango, in the Ota Magisterial District did conduct yourselves in a manner likely to cause breach of the peace, by writing a name, Buhari, on a dog and parading same in the Hausa section of Ketere Market, Sango, thereby, committing an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 249 (d) of the Criminal Law of Ogun State, Nigeria, 2016.”

Joachim (formerly addressed as Joe F. Chinakwe) was formerly arrested last week and released before being arrested again on Friday.

He pleaded not guilty and applied for bail.

The Chief Magistrate, B. J. Ojikutu, admitted Iroko to bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum, adding that the sureties must be regular taxpayers in the state.

The case was adjourned till September 19, 2016.

Since his family members couldn't procure his bail at the moment, he was remanded in prison.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/08/court-jails-man-who-named-his-pet-dog.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by xreal: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2016
so, he couldn't provide two sureties.

"His Dada cannot fight and has no one to lean on."

My President ain't a dog, his haters are.

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by perfectwazobia1: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2016
What happened to those that named animals GEJ and Patience ?

Welcome Nigeria !!!
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by agwom(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2016
hmm
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2016
Court jailed man....

And the same Court adjourned Case.....

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by SafeDavid(m): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2016
ModsAreMad:
Court jailed man....
And the same Court adjourned Case.....
Did you even bother to read the post?

Now his offense sounds new to me.
"conduct yourselves in a manner likely to cause breach of the peace"

Now i'm asking myself if Nigerian is gradually turning to a pariah state.
Bloggers getting arrested and stuff?
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 23, 2016
MissEdified:

Here's what the charge said: “That you, Joachim Iroko, aka Joe, and others still at large, on Saturday, August 13, 2016, at about 5.30pm at the Ketere area, Sango, in the Ota Magisterial District did conduct yourselves in a manner likely to cause breach of the peace, by writing a name, Buhari, on a dog and parading same in the Hausa section of Ketere Market, Sango, thereby, committing an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 249 (d) of the Criminal Law of Ogun State, Nigeria, 2016.”

The man get liver sha. If he tries that in the North. He would have been stoned to dead or beheaded by those hausa/fulani men.

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by saintkash(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2016
naming a dog after anybody president or not is not an offence in anyway but writing d name on d dog is a breach of public peace.... imagine a hausa man living in onitsha naming and writing ojukwu on a goat or dog.... wat would be the reaction of the igbos?

he should face d tune of his music.

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2016
SafeDavid:

Did you even bother to read the post?

I didn't undecided.....

All this Ugwu exporters thouqh
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by saintkash(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2016
perfectwazobia1:
What happened to those that named animals GEJ and Patience ?

Welcome Nigeria !!!

I don't remember seeing any animal crested GEJ or any news with any animal with GEJ written on it. .
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by SafeDavid(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2016
ModsAreMad:

I didn't undecided.....

Be reasonable for once..Tribalism won't get you anywhere. smiley
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by NairaandNigeria: 8:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Lesson of the day. This is how you cause trouble by parading a dog in the name of number 1 citizen in the region of his supporters. Now if those hausas caught you and killed you what do you think will happen? First it will become Hausa and Igbo, later it will become Islam is a.. ... Whereas this is how you do by drawing a cartoon of a prophet. Maybe when you come back from your new home some senses would have added up to you

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2016
SafeDavid:

Be reasonable for once..Tribalism won't get you anywhere. smiley

Niqeria is built on tribalism!.....

Nothing will change that!.....

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by SafeDavid(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2016
ModsAreMad:

Niqeria is built on tribalism!.....

Nothing will change that!.....

Okay..go on. tongue
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by omogidi234(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Please stop using sensational headings. The procedure for anybody that is charged to court for any offence is to be granted bail with sureties. If he meets the bail condition right away, he goes home otherwise he goes to Prison custody pending when he meets the bail condition.

Even though, I don't do too much criminal proceedings, the ones I do, I usually advise the suspect to get ready with two sureties, money and verifiable documents. That way some of them can escape going to Prison custody.

And Prison custody is different from being jailed, having been found guilty, convicted and sentenced.
Re: Court Jails Man Who Named His Pet Dog "Buhari" by Deelaw(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2016
ModsAreMad:

I didn't undecided.....

Atleast they are beta than u who carry your lazy asses to bus/stops, seeking to get from other hustling mates in d name of Agbero.
Inculcating such sick cultures into d lives of ur youths is d height of laziness & shamelessness.
Think about it....

(1) (Reply)

My Caucasian Swallow Very Big Bone. / Rottweiler In Abuja For Stud Services / Semi Adult Female GSD Ready For New Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.