Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Is This True About God? I Need Clarification - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This True About God? I Need Clarification (1244 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by adegunwa4real(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2016
Nzeribe Enzo Uzordimma on Facebook Wrote,

"I counted the number of people that were killed by God in the Bible. I came up with 2,476,633, which, of course, greatly underestimates God's total death toll, since it only includes those killings for which specific numbers are given. No attempt was made to include the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc., with which the good book is filled. Still, 2 million is a respectable number even for world class killers.
But how does this compare with Satan? How many did he kill in the Bible?
Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. I'm talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19
So it seems that both Satan and God share the blame (or the credit) for these killings. If so, then the tally would be:
killings
God:2,476,633
Satan:10
No contest.

Your thoughts please?

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by gabinogem(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2016
Abeg leave that confused religion alone Jor...
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by adegunwa4real(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2016
gabinogem:
Abeg leave that confused religion alone Jor...

which one be confused religion?
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Edwardhead(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2016
I hand over this matter to religious people in this segment
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Judas2013: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2016
god kills people in mysterious ways

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by andyboi4real(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Whoever God Created,He Has The Right To Kill. Satan Did Not Create,he Needs Permission To Kill. Will U Question Bill Gates If He Decides To Crash Microsoft?

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Ranchhoddas: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
andyboi4real:
Whoever God Created,He Has The Right To Kill.
Satan Did Not Create,he Needs Permission To Kill.
Will U Question Bill Gates If He Decides To Crash Microsoft?
Bad analogy. Microsoft provide jobs for thousands of people worldwide, their products have become an intergral part of our lives so yes he'd be questoned of he crashes Microsoft.
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Emusan(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Bad analogy. Microsoft provide jobs for thousands of people worldwide, their products have become an intergral part of our lives so yes he'd be questoned of he crashes Microsoft.

See pure lie, he will be questioned by who please?

The way you people deliberately cover the truth just to propagate your belief is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Ranchhoddas: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Emusan:

The way you people deliberately cover the truth just to propagate your belief is alarming.
The people who'd lose their jobs for a start, the other shareholders(he's not the majority shareholder in case you didn't know). Start with those....BTW which belief do you speak of?
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by winner01(m): 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
adegunwa4real. I want to know if wild animals are terrorists, killers or murderers. Those terms are meant only for humans.

God created all things and He has the right to take what he created. People can cry about death, God sees it as a transition.

When God took my Grandfather, I was consoled by the fact that I know he's in heaven. God took him, not killed him.
Many of the people we are crying about are with God.

Humans are terrorists, killers, murderers etc, Non-humans are not. God is not human.

Plus mind where and whom you ask your questions, this section is a den of atheists in disguise. Be careful.

God gives, God takes. Never you forget that.

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by hopefuLandlord: 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Emusan:

Bros, maybe you should know that Bill doesn't OWN Microsoft, they have shareholders bro, its no longer one man business

And FYI, there was NEVER a time Bill owned Microsoft, he didn't start the company alone, he started it with Paul Allen (Google him and be enlightened)
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Emusan(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

Bros, maybe you should know that Bill doesn't OWN Microsoft, they have shareholders bro, its no longer one man business

And FYI, there was NEVER a time Bill owned Microsoft, he didn't start the company alone, he started it with Paul Allen (Google him and be enlightened)

Everybody knows that but the analogy was if Bill is the ONLY person who owns Microsoft can he do whatever he will with it? Let's use Nairaland for instance, can anybody question Seun if he decided to shut down Narialand?

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Emusan(m): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The people who'd lose their jobs for a start, the other shareholders(he's not the majority shareholder in case you didn't know). Start with those....BTW which belief do you speak of?

Now you're taking it to another level. Does the person you quoted talk about other Entities/stakeholders along side of God who own the universe?

Your belief Atheism of course!
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Ranchhoddas: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Emusan:

Now you're taking it to another level. Does the person you quoted talk about other Entities/stakeholders along side of God who own the universe?

Your belief Atheism of course!
Atheism is not a belief and you are the only person I've quoted on this thread. So wetin you dey talk?
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by HCpaul(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
andyboi4real:
Whoever God Created,He Has The Right To Kill.
Satan Did Not Create,he Needs Permission To Kill.
Will U Question Bill Gates If He Decides To Crash Microsoft?

That is where the craziness starts.

Meaning that if am representing Satan, I can ask Bill Gate permission to destroy Microsoft and he will grant it.

Bill Gate is a sane scientist who did not derive pleasure in crashing down Microsoft all because he is the inventor or probably the owner. He is definitely not like your god (in intelligence, moral standard and in philanthropic activities) as he is concerned with building a better world by causing a great revolution in computing technology.

If you watch Microsoft yearly conference very well, you will see how they create values for what they create and not expecting those products to be worshipping them because to them, it seems not to be necessary.

Is your mobile phone worshipping you or you are the one that seems to be worshipping it by relentlessly making sure that it is fully charged and data capped. In fact, you will rather not eat than for your phone to be without data or having a flat battery.

Its high time you redefine the meaning of worship and stop antagonizing linguistical coined words (grammars) and etymologies.

When a person create something good, he is recognized but when he desired to be worshipped, he possess some hiding features of evil characters.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Deicide: 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
grin

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Emusan(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Atheism is not a belief and you are the only person I've quoted on this thread. So wetin you dey talk?

I laugh in loko cheesycheesycheesy

Just imaging, when Atheist want to deceive themselves then they will come up with absurdity like Atheism isn't a belief.

Last time I checked the meaning of Atheism this is what I got

atheism
/ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

synonyms: non-belief, non-theism, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt, agnosticism, irreligion, godlessness, ungodliness, profaneness, impiety, heresy, apostasy, paganism, heathenism, freethinking, nihilism

"atheism is virtually unknown in rural societies"

But Nairaland Atheists always console themselves with such statement.

See pure day lie you mean didn't quote anybody before your post was quoted by me? People can lie sha
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Ranchhoddas: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Oh. The andyboi guy. Your definition says that's it's a disbelief or lack of belief. How is this then a belief?... I honestly do not get the reason for your rant. Is Nairaland a rural society?
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by felixomor: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Emusan:

The guy's reasoning becomes low whenever he sees God being talked about.

U can imagine the desperate answer he gave.
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by felixomor: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
HCpaul:

That is where the craziness starts.

Bill Gate is a sane scientist who does not derive pleasure in crashing down Microsoft all because he is the inventor or probably the owner. He is definitely not like your god (in intelligence and in philanthropic activities) as he is concerned with building a better world by causing a great revolution in computing technology.

If you watch Microsoft yearly conference very well, you will see how they create values for what they create and not expecting those products to be worshipping them because to them, it seems not to be necessary.

Is your mobile phone worshipping you or you are the one that seems to be worshipping it by relentlessly making sure that it is fully charged and data capped. In fact, you will rather not eat than for your phone to be without data or having a flat battery.

Its high time you redefine the meaning of worship and stop antagonizing linguistical coined words (grammars) and etymologies.

When a person create something good, he is recognized but when he desired to be worshipped, he possess some hiding features of evil characters.

Is like Bill gates is ur brother, that u can predict his actions.

Moreover ask urself, are there founders of companies who closed their enterprises in the past?

Were u there to question them?

And even if u questioned them, could u av stopped them?
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by HCpaul(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
felixomor:

Is like Bill gates is ur brother, that u can predict his actions.

Moreover ask urself, are there founders of companies who closed their enterprises in the past?

Were u there to question them?

And even if u questioned them, could u av stopped them?

Go and do research on the conditions that motivated their actions to devastate their built dreams and enterprise. They did not stop their companies because they intentionally wants to but because of some uncontrollable circumstances that their dreams accompanied (such as lack of intellectual capital and other resources).

You won't close your shop simply because you have more money but because you ran out of capital.

Sane business magnates take responsibilities for the consequences of their actions by accepting the blame and not like your god whose pride won't let him do.
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by Ranchhoddas: 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
HCpaul:

Go and do research on the conditions that motivated their actions to devastate their built dreams and enterprise. They did not stop their companies because they intentionally wants to but because of some uncontrollable circumstances that their dreams accompanied (such as intellectual capital and other resources).

You won't close your shop because you have more money but because you ran out of capital.

Sane business magnates take responsibilities for the consequences of their actions by accepting the blame and not like your god whose pride won't let him do.
Leave the cretin. He is not capable of understanding.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by felixomor: 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
HCpaul:

Go and do research on the conditions that motivated their actions to devastate their built dreams and enterprise. They did not stop their companies because they intentionally wants to but because of some uncontrollable circumstances that their dreams accompanied (such as intellectual capital and other resources).

You wo[b]n't close your shop because you have more money but because you ran out of capital[/b].

Simple question, could u av stopped them?

Moreover u dont even know all the people who closed businesses, yet you are even already making excuses for them just to sustain your point.

I can see.... shocked
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by HCpaul(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Leave the cretin. He is not capable of understanding.

Most definite. I won't let one of the foolish things of this world affect human comprehension.
Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by felixomor: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
HCpaul:

Most definite. I won't let one of the foolish things of this world affect human comprehension.

thou shalt not escape

For ur answer to the question above, we still dey here o cool

Re: Is This True About God? I Need Clarification by HCpaul(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
felixomor:

Simple question, could u av stopped them?

Moreover u dont even know all the people who closed businesses, yet you are even already making excuses for them just to sustain your point.

I can see....

That is a fact cuz everyone else can see.

The above is a scientific prediction based on hypothesis that has been verified.

As a good science student, you don't have to carry out pen & book and start counting from street to street the number of organizations that has been down as well as the cause of their downfall. You should instead initiate the scientific method of predicting events and by using some statistics as well.

But you can surf the net to know more about that cuz as for me, am out of the game.

(1) (Reply)

Is Christ Embassy The Only Church In Nigeria? / Cartoons And Comic Strips!!! / No Religion Is Totally False.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.