Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,992 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion (1292 Views)

Bill Gates At The Wedding Of Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar In Lagos (Photos) / Bill Gates Speaks Pidgin English On BBC (Video) / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by petmax2020: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bill Gates' net worth has crossed the $90 billion threshold, according to a real-time rankings from Bloomberg's Billionaire Index.

Gates' net worth climbed not because of any stock rise at Microsoft but because of jumps in the shares of Canadian National Railway Company and Ecolab, two smaller companies in which he has holdings.

He's well ahead of Amancio Ortega, the Spanish retailer who is the world's second richest man. Ortega's fortune is $76 billion.

Forbes, which also tracks billionaires' wealth, estimates Gates' net worth at a more modest $78.7 billion.

Forbes also says that Gates' net worth briefly topped $100 billion back in 1999, back before the federal antitrust case decision against Microsoft that year and the bursting of the tech bubble in early 2000.

According to Bloomberg, Gates' net worth is up $6.2 billion so far this year, but that's only the fourth biggest gain among billionaires on the index.

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has enjoyed an $8.9 billion jump in his net worth, while Harold Hamm, CEO of shale oil producer Continental Resources, has seen his net worth more than double. Hamm's fortune gained $7 billion, lifting his net worth to $13 billion.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' net worth rose $6.5 billion this year. He is now virtually tied with Warren Buffett for third place on the ranking of world's richest men.

SOURCE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/08/bill-gates-is-now-worth-90-billion.html
Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by chris2face(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Rich getting richer while the poor are getting poorer Chai who e epp
Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by Benikuuse(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
he will one day die and leave his worth. if iam in his position I will give at least 30 percent to the less privilege
Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by PapaNnamdi: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Can't he buy Nigeria?
Pls buy dis country
Buy me just take me away from this nightmare
Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by kennethkaycee(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
chris2face:
Rich getting richer while the poor are getting poorer
Chai who e epp

Bill Gates is a world renowned philanthropist and donates to charity and worthy causes.
Google him up, the guy dey epp nations and not probably individuals.
"During President OBJ's tenure, him epp Naija now"
Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by chris2face(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
kennethkaycee:

Bill Gates is a world renowned philanthropist and donates to charity and worthy causes.
Google him up, the guy dey epp nations and not probably individuals.
"During President OBJ's tenure, him epp Naija now"
OK noted
Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by kennethkaycee(m): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Guys, let's not discuss people who have already made stinking money that can never get to us not even after their demise.
Let's check out my topic on the latest trends in the Telecoms industry and how you can benefit from it, talking about the Mobile Top Up sector of that industry.
Don't want to paste the link here so that I don't get banned for spamming, so guys look up my name and get my thread ASAP.
HAPPY VIEWING
Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by dammygbenga(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bill Gate and Money

Re: Bill Gates Is Now Worth $90 Billion by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2016
PapaNnamdi:
Can't he buy Nigeria? Pls buy dis country Buy me just take me away from this nightmare

(1) (Reply)

Iprn / Let me show you how I invest in Gold with 42K, and earn 300k easily. / See The Savage Replies Sterling Bank Got After Manchester United Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.