Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents (53163 Views)

Army Inflict Heavy Damage On Boko Haram As Insurgents Flee,abandon Weapons(pics) / I Can Confirm That Original Shekau Was Killed, 2nd Shekau Killed- General Irabor / Watch The Airstrike That Wounded Boko Haram's Shekau...!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by delikay4luv: 7:13am On Aug 24, 2016
That's a call of Duty game.
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Zedoo(m): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2016
Oh so all of a sudden somebody got the idea to start taping videos?
*sniff the air*
Do you perceive it?

Scam!

This propaganda will not work....
Throwig bombs in random forests claiming to have killed terrorists will not work...
The military need to.focus its fire power and stop looking for support from the same bloody civilians they brutalise at every slightest opportunity....
Everybody has a job.....

Military operations should be covert and only revealed when kill is confirmed.....
You are announcing to the whole world that you now hav jets...what do you think boko haram will do? Come out in plain sight? Keep hiding in the forest?

Keep your enemy clueless about your weapons.....that way you have the element of surprise on your side....

Wordup
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2016
People who are difficult to please often imagine that this is due to their exacting standards but it is often due to their inability to comprehend clear evidence before them.

The report states that this was a night exercise meaning the footage is night vision camera from a plane thousands of feet in the air, yet some people want it in dstv standard HD! My goodness.

Another person says there is no evidence of dead bodies. What? From an air strike. Has the USAF or RAF ever shown footage of dead bodies from their airstrikes? Footage comes from the enemy on the ground usually in an effort to whip up public sympathy. The lack of such evidence clearly shows this was an accurate, precise strike based on high quality intelligence.

Another person complains that only one missile was fired! Yikes do you know the cost of one guided BVR missile? This isn't computer gaming.

In my view, when in doubt, keep quiet. This type of intellectual streaking and nudity is unnecessary.

The NAF must be laughing their heads off at the comments here. At least they've provided some of us with some early morning comedy. Get with the program. Nigeria can now do accurate, night missions. Why this should upset you is quite a mystery.
Bullet1234:

Don't waste your precious time watching this nonsense. This country is run by fools... I think they are meant to be at the lunatic asylum. The person who posted this shit.... needs brain checked... Bunch of clowns.
Joke of the century. No be only shekau naa Chekwube. Ndi araa... Awon oni iraa anu.
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Ate247(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria is a joke. God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Ezebinaugwu(m): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2016
Dexema:
This is one of the reasons government always wins at the end of the day, I pity the boko haram dudes and scavengers, they have forced the hand of the government to start using air strikes, things would be very bloody for these criminals in the coming months.

Oga so you don't recognise lies when you see one? How did they count the dead bodies and even know shekau was there too?
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by bashydemy1: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2016
TechRev:
Who counted the dead? Who saw shekau mortally wounded?
Who counted the dead at the first and second world war? Who counted the dead of Biafra war? What happen to intelligence?

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by bashydemy1: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2016
tollytexy:
Exact 300?? So the NA came down to count the deceased insurgencies ?? You people are madddddddddddd!
Lol you don't know how Military work, Before they carried out an airstrike, There will also be battalion of ground soldiers on ground and immediately after they launch the airstrike the ground soldiers will also attack them immediately. The airstrike was just to disorganize them to give way for the ground soldier. So you think after the airstrike the soldiers will just back off?
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by precious1967(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2016
blueto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unDoTAHXj64

https://www.thecable.ng/video-the-air-strikes-that-wounded-shekau-killed-300-insurgents?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1190421924
d source of d information is a fake. how did they recognised shekau among d people while he had bn pronounced dead twice. shame
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 24, 2016
tdayof:

Common internet fanboy. That was carried out with rockets. The videos shows that Op was carried out by a Mi-17. I didn't watch your videos however such huge explosion was definitely carried out by F16 or USN hornet. So your point is invalid. You do not expect a fighter jet equipped with guided bombs to have same damage capability as the Mi-17.

You didn't watch any of the videos i posted yet you rushed to respond to my comments without addressing any of the issues i raised after watching the video that was posted which failed to show the alleged injured shakau along the with 300 dead insurgents?

Are you by chance insinuating that your purported Mi-17 failed to capture any visible imagery of the attacks it carried out while playing symphony during its mission?

Here is another video of an attack carried out by an Mi-17 dropping bombs on its targeted area without any musical background unlike the video you are holding brief for. You can also come up with another thesis on why this is different and pls, watch these videos before commenting based on assumptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA5x1hdKJgg
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Jones54(m): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2016
who count dem?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by bubu2019: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=Stelvin101 post=48746212]Wow wow Wow wow wow oooo

Since I dey play Merrybet today is the best day of my life. Out of 9 slips 7 entered

Dancing Shakitibobo :abeg bros show me the slips and how you take do it
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by bubu2019: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
ABEG somebody pls tell me that i'm dreaming,i know the movie with this soundtrack,or it co- incidience?
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by tdayof(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2016
byrron:

You didn't watch any of the videos i posted yet you rushed to respond to my comments without addressing any of the issues i raised after watching the video that was posted which failed to show the alleged injured shakau along the with 300 dead insurgents?

Are you by chance insinuating that your purported Mi-17 failed to capture any visible imagery of the attacks it carried out while playing symphony during its mission?

Here is another video of an attack carried out by an Mi-17 dropping bombs on its targeted area without any musical background unlike the video you are holding brief for. You can also come up with another thesis on why this is different and pls, watch these videos before commenting based on assumptions.

Nigeria mi-17 isn't equipped with ISR. That video was probably taken by a CH3 UCAV.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by maasoap(m): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2016
blueto:

APC propaganda at work again gringrin
As long as this propaganda is keeping Boko Haram boys and militants at bay, preventing them from killing like in the past, it is a welcome propaganda and the one that must be sustained.
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by DAramis: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2016
Nigerian army and propaganda
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by maasoap(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Zedoo:
Oh so all of a sudden somebody got the idea to start taping videos?
*sniff the air*
Do you perceive it?

Scam!

This propaganda will not work....
Throwig bombs in random forests claiming to have killed terrorists will not work...
The military need to.focus its fire power and stop looking for support from the same bloody civilians they brutalise at every slightest opportunity....
Everybody has a job.....

Military operations should be covert and only revealed when kill is confirmed.....
You are announcing to the whole world that you now hav jets...what do you think boko haram will do? Come out in plain sight? Keep hiding in the forest?

Keep your enemy clueless about your weapons.....that way you have the element of surprise on your side....

Wordup
I don't care what your conspiracy theory is, all what I know is that Boko boys capability has been decimated greatly and our soldiers are no longer run away from Boko elements. There was a time that their Tigers were being led by a sheep, but not anymore.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Obinnio: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2016
Is this a video game or what ? Nigerians are the easiest to deceive in this world
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Cannonleo(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2016
let me explain some things to individuals on this thread especially about those complaining about video quality.

I for one am not impressed with the pr of the airforce basically the whole story is stupid.

but considering the strike, the real time imaging was provided by an alenia ATR - ISR( identification, survelliance and reconnaissance aircraft flying alongside the hinds, the TV operator operated black ND white thermal imaging mode which I repeat is the standard mode for monitoring strikes inbound on targets.

no aircraft on air to ground missions or recon would switch to full colour mode (duplex mode) you would only blind yourself to the details and enjoy the scenery, also I suspect the strike was carried our LatE afternoon hence the need to switch to the mode.

check all strike capable platforms such as the f-16 ,f18,su27 etc, their flir(forward infrared pods TV are always on thermal imaging) when they want to paint,lock and hit a ground target. so the complaint about 3d or 2d imaging is unfounded, it is like telling me that because there is pixel efficiency NIght vision goggles should jettison its thermal /green imaging when you know how colour feels in the dark.

also I commend the airforce for improving it's net centric capabilities, synchronizing target acquisition, relay and guidance to the blind MI 17 hind gunships is a good way to start considering the state we were before Jonathan's administration(an admin I give cudos for the remodification of the military despite the thieving TLOs) this provides a test bed for new platforms which I hope would make its way in (jf 17 thunders I don wait tire)

summary: the political,propaganda value is very useless, the video quality for a flir pod on and isr aircraft is normal and enables detail Id forget 3d at this point, net centric capabilities on a basic level has been achieved . NAF should not make itself an offshot of the useless apc

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Cannonleo(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2016
tdayof:
Nigeria mi-17 isn't equipped with ISR. That video was probably taken by a CH3 UCAV.
I think it is an alenia isr
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Cannonleo(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2016
tdayof:
I think it is an alenia ISR platform
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Jakumo(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2016
Cannonleo:
let me explain some things to individuals on this thread especially about those complaining about video quality.

I for one am not impressed with the pr of the airforce basically the whole story is stupid.

but considering the strike, the real time imaging was provided by an alenia ATR - ISR( identification, survelliance and reconnaissance aircraft flying alongside the hinds, the TV operator operated black ND white thermal imaging mode which I repeat is the standard mode for monitoring strikes inbound on targets.

no aircraft on air to ground missions or recon would switch to full colour mode (duplex mode) you would only blind yourself to the details and enjoy the scenery, also I suspect the strike was carried our LatE afternoon hence the need to switch to the mode.

check all strike capable platforms such as the f-16 ,f18,su27 etc, their flir(forward infrared pods TV are always on thermal imaging) when they want to paint,lock and hit a ground target. so the complaint about 3d or 2d imaging is unfounded, it is like telling me that because there is pixel efficiency NIght vision goggles should jettison its thermal /green imaging when you know how colour feels in the dark.

also I commend the airforce for improving it's net centric capabilities, synchronizing target acquisition, relay and guidance to the blind MI 17 hind gunships is a good way to start considering the state we were before Jonathan's administration(an admin I give cudos for the remodification of the military despite the thieving TLOs) this provides a test bed for new platforms which I hope would make its way in (jf 17 thunders I don wait tire)

summary: the political,propaganda value is very useless, the video quality for a flir pod on and isr aircraft is normal and enables detail Id forget 3d at this point, net centric capabilities on a basic level has been achieved . NAF should not make itself an offshot of the useless app.

But, but, but we want. We want . We INSIST on seeing the virgin hunters getting blown up in slow motion, HIGH DEFINITION COLOR, and at close range, just like in the Hollywood movies that provided our basic military training. Additionally, the targeted terrorists must clearly identify themselves in very close proximity to the camera by holding up their National Identity Cards or drivers' licenses, even while they are in the process of being killed and fragmented by high explosive warheads, so that we the armchair warriors of Nairaland's internet forum can duly update our records, in preparation for the usual post-battle exercise of haughtily complaining about imperfections observed in picture and sound quality of the aerial attack footage.

Furthermore, the The Armchair Warriors' Association of Nairaland Incorporated, (AWANI), does hereby officially DEMAND that the Nigerian military IMMEDIATELY UPGRADE the nation's ENTIRE fleet of fighter jets and helicopter gunships, regardless of cost, in order to match and then exceed the performance capabilities of the US military juggernaut, whose details we have memorized while reading Wikipedia to complete our aerial combat spectators' self-training.

Finally, Nigerian military chief's of staff must all be replaced by Hollywood action movie veterans Chuck Norris, Jackie Chan and of course Sylvester Stallone, who will bring much needed STAR QUALITY to Nigeria's ongoing war against terrorism.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by bigjay01(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2016
Saw this in the papers this am

Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by tdayof(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2016
Cannonleo:
I think it is an alenia ISR platform
Maybe but the ISR shows armed.
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by tdayof(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2016
byrron:

NAF Mi-17 use Rocket not bombs.
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by jbhitler(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2016
na lie! last time,he was killed by same army and resurrected again.administration of propaganda and lies.we abort every pregnancy of lie that we have got from APC infested sperm.nonsense!
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
tdayof:

Ok Sir
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Cannonleo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
tdayof:
Maybe but the ISR shows armed.
I didn't check the hud status
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Cannonleo(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jakumo:

But, but, but we want. We want . We INSIST on seeing the virgin hunters getting blown up in slow motion, HIGH DEFINITION COLOR, and at close range, just like in the Hollywood movies that provided our basic military training. Additionally, the targeted terrorists must clearly identify themselves in very close proximity to the camera by holding up their National Identity Cards or drivers' licenses, even while they are in the process of being killed and fragmented by high explosive warheads, so that we the armchair warriors of Nairaland's internet forum can duly update our records, in preparation for the usual post-battle exercise of haughtily complaining about imperfections observed in picture and sound quality of the aerial attack footage.

Furthermore, the The Armchair Warriors' Association of Nairaland Incorporated, (AWANI), does hereby officially DEMAND that the Nigerian military IMMEDIATELY UPGRADE the nation's ENTIRE fleet of fighter jets and helicopter gunships, regardless of cost, in order to match and then exceed the performance capabilities of the US military juggernaut, whose details we have memorized while reading Wikipedia to complete our aerial combat spectators' self-training.

Finally, Nigerian military chief's of staff must all be replaced by Hollywood action movie veterans Chuck Norris, Jackie Chan and of course Sylvester Stallone, who will bring much needed STAR QUALITY to Nigeria's ongoing war against terrorism.
lol sarcasm at its best
Re: VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents by Dekadet(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Stelvin101:
Wow wow Wow wow wow oooo

Since I dey play Merrybet today is the best day of my life. Out of 9 slips 7 entered

Dancing Shakitibobo smiley smiley smiley
guy make we hook up na, make u the send me booking code make me sef take de play. are u on whatsapp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Demoted Me, Tinubu Accuses Saraki / #endsars: Sporadic Shootings In Abuja As Soldiers Disperse Protesters / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.