Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

#RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. (2392 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Married An Impotent Man / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
eyinjuege:
Nigerians should learn to accept unavoidable deaths.

Even Steve Jobs accepted it and put all his affairs in order.
I hope she was able to do that.

I wonder why donations were taken for terminal cancer?

Did the drs in south Africa offer a possible cure? Or just end of life care?

There should be regulatory bodies for all these charities/NGOs and solicitions for donations.

Meanwhile, what happens to the 100million donated by Nigerians?

Will the family kolobi it or donate it to a cancer charity?

I'm going to be Mean one last time and tell you this. *your heart better start pounding*

I have to be mean. So I will tell you to buy a Black Board and charcoal, sit your folk down when you get home and teach your family, children and generation how to accept unavoidable deaths!

And don't you dare reject it in Jesus name!
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by eyinjuege: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
DMeanMan:

I'm going to be Mean one last time and tell you this. *your heart better start pounding*

I have to be mean. So I will tell you to buy a Black Board and charcoal, sit your folk down when you get home and teach your family, children and generation how to accept unavoidable deaths!

And don't you dare reject it in Jesus name!

The truth of the matter is , we will all die one day. You and I inclusive.

I am not scared of death.

Once you come to terms with that, living life in all its fullness will be easier.

I've seen a lot of avoidable deaths, one can still try to prevent such.
Stroke, diabetes and it's complications, hypertension and its complications are most often than not preventable, or manageable by lifestyle choices such as physical exercise, diet, stopping smoking, reducing alcohol intake etc, regular medical check ups and screenings for certain diseases and cancers.
Unavoidable deaths are what they are. Despite all your lifestyle choices, some non smokers still come down with lung cancer, some young women come down with breast cancer, some young men with colon cancers. Oftentimes detected late, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Death is sure.

It is just what it is.

Young people too do die. Yes, a lot of them. I've seen a 28year old die of breast cancer, 24 yr old man of Colon cancer. Road traffic accidents leading to deaths are equally common even in young men and women

The average life expectancy of a Nigerian man is 46years, and woman 48years. That's still young btw.
Someone who's been told he has a few months to live should get his house in order. That's the only sensible thing, especially for a disease like terminal cancer.
It's not rocket science

It's better to build memories, and maximise the little time left with loved ones. Let the young children know you'll be no more explaining to them where you're going. That's preparing them.
Put a will in place for your children (if you've got anything worthwhile).

3 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by adaksbullet: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
5tss:
Like seriously,Are u for real?As in are u a human being?
u ar asked me I'm I an woman been? undecided his goat and horses can coment in nl? undecided

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by 5tss(f): 3:26am On Aug 25, 2016
adaksbullet:
u ar asked me I'm I an woman been? undecided his goat and horses can coment in nl? undecided
Oh No,Not again... Another one?
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 25, 2016
I beg I wish we can just accept the fact that we will all die someday
Accept that there is a supreme being somewhere that can sniff the life out of us at anytime
And learn to live our lives easily and not drag people into life dramas.

Ovarian cancer is difficult to diagnose at a very early stage
The life prognosis is very bad even in developed country (only about 5%-17% survive stage IV for 5 years)
If she had survived the first stage of treatment who would have continued to pay the medical bills for the rest of her life (Maybe Nigerians)
With the state she was in, would it had been possible for her to fly to USA? Anyways that's by the way..

The important question...
How much of Nigerian money has been spent?
How much is left?
What do you want to do with the balance left?
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by bolseas(f): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2016
eyinjuege:

There should be regulatory bodies for all these charities/NGOs and solicitions for donations.

Meanwhile, what happens to the 100million donated by Nigerians?

Will the family kolobi it or donate it to a cancer charity?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Doesn't Care To Save For The Future? / Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! / Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.