Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled (2392 Views)

I Walked In On My Parents Having Sex, Now I Feel So Embarrassed. / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
Okay so I am an extremely generous person though you may not know it on Nairaland only because I just never give money to faceless people on internet forums. There has to be face to face human interaction first before I can give you my money. I just do not give money to strangers online and I never will so please dont ask. But in my extreme acts of generosity i must have given many beggars on the street and several gatemen up to 300,000 naira in the past year. Like christmas day i gave all the gatemen in my estate 2000 each. there was like 7 of them.

Anyway I digress. So there are two funny incidents that happened to me with Nigerian women. First of all let me say i stay clear of women, period. i guess you can say i am partially redpill. i dont chase them, i dont have the stamina for woman problems or woman wahala. So i pretty much keep to myself most times. So in the estate there is this woman. Beautiful. Owns a shop in the estate. She in a weird way made my acquaintance when i bumped into her in the shop. i was using a tailor in the estate shop which the tailor happened to be her friend. anyway we exchanged numbers because she said she owns a barbing salon too ettc etc. And next thing you know she is calling me her brother all the time i see her. Then one day she sent me a message and said covid has destryed her business and she is stranded at home and has no money to come to work and can i help her. Now yu have to understand that this women looks like a sophisticated middle class woman, and she owns two shops, so i was confused and dint want to insult her by sending her 2000 naira,so i sent her 4000. she thanked me. only for her a week later which was christmas to see me and somewhat angrily ask me that why didnt i give her something for christmas. and am looking like ? are we related ? am i your boyfriend ? i have only seen you like 5 times in my life and not on any intimate level so what is this nonsense ? anyway I just jokingly played it off and moved on. I try to avoid her anytime i see her now

the other scenario. I go to spar a lot and there is this woman who serves me. and i know the indians who own spar dont pay the workers very well so when the woman finishes serving me i ask her what she wants in the food section that i will pay for it. she usually picks bread, and so i pay for it and move on with my day. and so one day i saw her outside of her job at another supermarket and she called me,and we said hello. it was a hot day so i put my hands in my grocery bag and offered her a chilled mineral drink. anyway she said she had quit her job and is looking for another one. she asked for my number and i gave it to her. the next day she hit me up saying she has a job interview on the mainland and does not have money to go and i should give her 2000 naira. i tried to see if she was genuine, i said listen i have a car i will take you to the job interview but she said shewill not want me to drive that far.i asked her are you not married ? then i sense that she got very angry in the way she replied me. she said ' why aare you asking me that question ? do i look like someone who is married ? and in actuality she doesnt look like a single woman. anyway i just decided OK enough with all these trying to be friendly with humans because they take your friendliness for weakness,so i blocked her on waassap

so the question is am i tripping or are these women entitled ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by budaatum: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
lekki1444:

so the question is am i tripping or are these women entitled ?
So, all this story for simple question?

Well you mentioned two women in your story above, and I'll assume there might be many more and you just needed two to be brief or you would not jump from two to "Nigerian women" because I hope you are smarter than that.

Do know that if they were entitled you would have given them what they asked you for, but because they are obviously not entitled you refused. I bet if you go giving men things in shops and spars they'd be the one's begging for more, but do let us know after you tried it please.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by kingdman: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2021
if any single girl ask you for money tell her to come to house...afterall nothing goes for nothing...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
kingdman:
if any single girl ask you for money tell her to come to house...afterall nothing goes for nothing...
i dont fornicate. i am trying to acquire spiritual powers so I am on a sex fast

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
budaatum:

Well you mentioned two women in your story above, and I'll assume there might be many more and you just needed two to be brief or you would not jump from two to "Nigerian women" because I hope you are smarter than that.

Do know that if they were entitled you would have given them what they asked you for, but because they are obviously not entitled you refused. I bet if you go giving men things in shops and spars they'd be the one's begging for more, but do let us know after you tried it please.
you are correct the men are worse. i just seem to be focusing on the women here seeing as i am a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by Teleprompter(f): 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2021
Begging is begging and no matter how it is garnished, only unfiltered girls do this.

Don't let any broke babe guilt trip you into making you feel stingy. Even if you are stingy, it's your right.

How does one live life with no close friends? When one is down, family or close friends should be sought first and not strangers.It is a bad habit and such people should be avoided. You might also have the look of a gullible guy and not know it but don't worry, do well to not give out your hard earned resources to beggars.

Even the genuine beggars in the street just and up procreating and reproducing more and more beggars.

When a person is genuinely in need and embarassed to ask, you would know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by budaatum: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
lekki1444:
you are correct the men are worse. i just seem to be focusing on the women here seeing as i am a man.

Don't make it a woman problem when you know its more universal than that. You know how people here are, especially the men, criticising women for what they themselve do more.

I find Nigerians in general feel entitled. We pray to God for manna from heaven and pray to each other too, except with each other and unlike God, one must answer your prayer!

I'd get on my bike in the morning and go to my farm and no one will see me going. But when I'm returning with my bike full of food they all see and greet me and ask me what I brought back for them as if na dem send me.

Me, I'm bad. I can go in my kitchen and cook my food that I laboured for on my farm and sit at my table and eat it in front of you while your lazy ass looks on and I give you none. Next time, if you want to eat my food, come to my farm and grow it with me and you will most certainly not starve.

As far as I am concerned, you are not even entitled to me feeling guilty just because you are lazy and therefore starving! You are definitely not entitled to the fruit of my labours because I am most definitely not your slave!

Obviously, I do not mean you, op. Just saying. And I too give like you do.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
Teleprompter:
Begging is begging and no matter how it is garnished, only unfiltered girls do this.

Don't let any broke babe guilt trip you into making you feel stingy. Even if you are stingy, it's your right.

How does one live life with no close friends? When one is down, family or close friends should be sought first and not strangers.It is a bad habit and such people should be avoided. You might also have the look of a gullible guy and not know it but don't worry, do well to not give out your hard earned resources to beggars.

Even the genuine beggars in the street just and up procreating and reproducing more and more beggars.

When a person is genuinely in need and embarassed to ask, you would know.
thank you very much for your response. yes i have to admit i am a very compassionate person but i am changing that trait. that trait does not work in nigeria. although i have to also tell you that when i give to people is when i get all my breakthroughs. like i can give someone 2000 and then out of the blues my uncle calls me and gives me a million etc etc. so i see the virtue in giving because they say givers never lack and honestly that has been the case with me. and thats why i still give but only to very ppoor people i meet in person.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
budaatum:

Don't make it a woman problem when you know its more universal than that. You know how people here are, especially the men, criticising women for what they themselve do more.

I find Nigerians in general feel entitled. We pray to God for manna from heaven and pray to each other too, except with each other and unlike God, one must answer your prayer!

I'd get on my bike in the morning and go to my farm and no one will see me going. But when I'm returning with my bike full of food they all see and greet me and ask me what I brought back for them as if na dem send me.

Me, I'm bad. I can go in my kitchen and cook my food that I laboured for on my farm and sit at my table and eat it in front of you while your lazy ass looks on and I give you none. Next time, if you want to eat my food, come to my farm and grow it with me and you will most certainly not starve.

As far as I am concerned, you are not even entitled to me feeling guilty just because you are lazy and therefore starving! You are definitely not entitled to the fruit of my labours because I am most definitely not your slave!

i totally agree with you in saying the men are hypocrites and they are worse from my personal experience. they criticise women for what they themselves do more. Am in total agreement, and thank you for the post

NB the men feel more entitled than the women. i notice with the men its best not to even start giving at all because they will open ATM on your head

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
Because of Nigerian men. Some of you will spend all your money on a girl because you want to show her you have money or that you're Mr. Big Shot, like the OP in the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6429778/unnecessary-spending-girlfriend-making-me-broke

Why won't Nigerian girls feel entitled when y'all are the ones encouraging their entitlement?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
aroundtheearth:
Because of Nigerian men. Some of you will spend all your money on a girl because you want to show her you have money or that you're Mr. Big Shot, like the OP in the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6429778/unnecessary-spending-girlfriend-making-me-broke

Why won't Nigerian girls feel entitled when y'all are the ones encouraging their entitlement?
lol true. but you also have to admit that it is a paternal society and many women need help. but just stop harrassing strangers. ask yur dad, brothers, mum, uncles, aunties, friends.. boy friends etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
This is not strictly a Nigerian woman issue. We Nigerians are generally entitled

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
cococandy:
This is not strictly a Nigerian woman issue. We Nigerians are generally entitled
very true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by mrgbenga1: 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2021
Help me tell them oooooooooooooo. Once you pack into a new neighborhood, they will try to make friends with you inorder for you to be a shareholder in their problem.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
mrgbenga1:
Help me tell them oooooooooooooo. Once you pack into a new neighborhood, they will try to make friends with you inorder for you to be a shareholder in their problem.
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by pozehnani(f): 12:47am On Feb 24, 2021
You that keeps distributing your phone number like pure water, what do you want?

If you're truly a "Redpiller* then you shouldn't give out your contacts so cheaply and be coming here to form hard man. It simply shows you're confused and deceiving yourself at the same time. So, stop saying you don't have time for women cause you clearly do otherwise you wont give them your number and nobody will come feeling entitled to your "money".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:00am On Feb 24, 2021
You were going to drive a young woman who you simply knew as a waitress to the mainland for her interview?

What form of familiarity do you develop with women that makes them feel at ease to ask for your number?

Weird.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by budaatum: 3:39am On Feb 24, 2021
pozehnani:
You that keeps distributing your phone number like pure water, what do you want?

If you're truly a "Redpiller* then you shouldn't give out your contacts so cheaply and be coming here to form hard man. It simply shows you're confused and deceiving yourself at the same time. So, stop saying you don't have time for women cause you clearly do otherwise you wont give them your number and nobody will come feeling entitled to your "money".

I hope op is not a redpiller. He agreed men feel entitled too which is very not Redhill who's sole purpose in life seems to be to bed as many women as they can though they lack respect for women nor any for themselves it would seem and tend to fish at the bottom of the barrel and will give their number to any woman who'll take it.

Beliefs such as “all women are evil” and “all women cheat” are what are known as conspiracy stereotypes. Like traditional conspiracy theories, they often rely on cherry-picked evidence. The Red Pill in particular exploits evolutionary psychology to argue that women are wired to want men with a strong “frame”. Much of the subreddit’s misogyny is justified by one of their favourite acronyms, AWALT: “all women are like that”.

Spitting out the Red Pill: Former misogynists reveal how they were radicalised online

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 6:18am On Feb 24, 2021
pozehnani:

Well i have to admit giving out my phone number is silly but i am not the type to say no to poeple to their face, and no i am not a hard man, and no i am not a redpiller based on misogyny and bad experience with women, I am just someone seeking a higher spiritual path and i find being in relationships is hardwork in itself and i am just not ready for that kind of hardwork in my life. i love my own company and doing things at my own pace. i dont want to dance to another persons tune. yu get me ? so i am not one of these angry i hate women dudes. for me its just that my lifestyle as a solo guy is very convenient for me right now and i want to keep it like that for a while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 6:22am On Feb 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
You were going to drive a young woman who you simply knew as a waitress to the mainland for her interview?

What form of familiarity do you develop with women that makes them feel at ease to ask for your number?

Weird.
no i was not. i said i wanted to test the legitimacy of her claim by saying i would drive her there. if she was desperate enough to goto an interview she wuld say YES please drive me thhere. then i would know she was genuine. but if she just wanted money and has no job interview she would say NO i want to go by myself. It was a test. No way am i driving a strange woman all the way to the mainland. i am not that crazy lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by sisisioge: 6:40am On Feb 24, 2021
budaatum:

grin grin grin grin grin

OP, you too stop giving your number and money to women. If you insist on being generous still, try the men. Who knows, they might take only once and not come back for more. Great Nigerian Men grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by Mikester: 7:29am On Feb 24, 2021
budaatum:

You're 100% right. Drop anyone who feels entitled to your earnings. If you eventually get rich, also drop your poor entitled lazy friends. They aren't worth keeping.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by crackhaus: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2021
lekki1444:
Well i have to admit giving out my phone number is silly but i am not the type to say no to poeple to their face, and no i am not a hard man, and no i am not a redpiller based on misogyny and bad experience with women, I am just someone seeking a higher spiritual path and i find being in relationships is hardwork in itself and i am just not ready for that kind of hardwork in my life. i love my own company and doing things at my own pace. i dont want to dance to another persons tune. yu get me ? so i am not one of these angry i hate women dudes. for me its just that my lifestyle as a solo guy is very convenient for me right now and i want to keep it like that for a while.
I think you're explaining yourself a little too much.

What you described in your OP is nothing short of facts. Nigerian women are quite entitled when it comes to expected benevolence from men – whether in form of cash, gifts, or favours.

This is not a case of just saying that all Nigerians are entitled. As far as I know, all humans generally feel entitled to a certain extent... But like your story points out, these women simply take it to a whole other level when they make it seem like men owe them assistance or something.

Anyone who is honest with themselves and has lived/lives in Nigerian society can attest to the above. I myself have had more than a few experiences like yours, a lot actually, but it's not something I give too much thought to anymore as I am already used to them.

Now while some women like those in your example can be quite direct, the majority would usually employ more subtle means through jokes and hints, and once they discover you're not the type who gives freely, they'd quietly retreat and not make a fuss.

It's just what it is, and admitting that these things do happen has absolutely nothing to do with misogyny or TRP. It's just basic social awareness.
One doesn't need to be politically correct all the time just because we want to avoid hurting anyone's touchy feelings. LOL...

As an addendum, giving out your phone number is not silly in any way. I honestly don't get how exchanging contacts with ladies and helping them out one time should justify them asking for more favours from you...
I mean, isn't that the same entitlement mentality we were just talking about? cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 8:24am On Feb 24, 2021
crackhaus:

I think you're explaining yourself a little too much.

What you described in your OP is nothing short of facts. Nigerian women are quite entitled when it comes to expected benevolence from men – whether in form of cash, gifts, or favours.

This is not a case of just saying that all Nigerians are entitled. As far as I know, all humans generally feel entitled to a certain extent... But like your story points out, these women simply take it to a whole other level when they make it seem like men owe them assistance or something.

Anyone who is honest with themselves and has lived/lives in Nigerian society can attest to the above. I myself have had more than a few experiences like yours, a lot actually, but it's not something I give too much thought to anymore as I am already used to them.

Now while some women like those in your example can be quite direct, the majority would usually employ more subtle means through jokes and hints, and once they discover you're not the type who gives freely, they'd quietly retreat and not make a fuss.

It's just what it is, and admitting that these things do happen has absolutely nothing to do with misogyny or TRP. It's just basic social awareness.
One doesn't need to be politically correct all the time just because we want to avoid hurting anyone's touchy feelings. LOL...

As an addendum, giving out your phone number is not silly in any way. I honestly don't get how exchanging contacts with ladies and helping them out one time should justify them asking for more favours from you...
I mean, isn't that the same entitlement mentality we were just talking about? cheesy
I am totally on board with all the points you so eloquently narrated in your post. I agree with absolutely everything. And maybe I am explaining myself too much LOL.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 8:29am On Feb 24, 2021
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin

OP, you too stop giving your number and money to women. If you insist on being generous still, try the men. Who knows, they might take only once and not come back for more. Great Nigerian Men grin
oh i find the men are the same. well the gatemen in my estate are worse. now they start over greeting you and doing all these theatrics when they see you hoping you will drop again. grown men reduced to babies because of money. its just tiring having to deal with Nigerians as a whole, both men and women grin

FACTS

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by Liposure: 8:54am On Feb 24, 2021
I think it's because people take acts of generousity for granted in this part of the world. Whether you are rich or poor, you must drop something for the boys. How you go about it is not their cup of tea. Meanwhile, the future is united.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by Richy4(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2021
I have read your story and it sound genuine to me. But I need to ask this question... What about the women that you have met that were good..?

I mean the ones that doesn't disturb you, sees you, says hello and pass,... Does not care about the kind of digit/ 080 you have on your cellphone hence doesn't ask for your number...

Just asking because you cannot tell me that you only encountered just two or more ladies in your lifetime to make such an outrageous claim... sometimes we let few rotten tomatoes to overshadow the good ones.... I guess you were older than 25..So are you trying to tell me that since you were a teenager till now, those girls that you have encountered or those that clustered around your space were just leeches and entitled Girls?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2021
lekki1444:
no i was not. i said i wanted to test the legitimacy of her claim by saying i would drive her there. if she was desperate enough to goto an interview she wuld say YES please drive me thhere. then i would know she was genuine. but if she just wanted money and has no job interview she would say NO i want to go by myself. It was a test. No way am i driving a strange woman all the way to the mainland. i am not that crazy lol

Hmmm. That wasn't a good test, though. If even an acquaintance of mine offers to drive me from the island to the mainland, I'll decline... and find the money elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by lekki1444: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Hmmm. That wasn't a good test, though. If even an acquaintance of mine offers to drive me from the island to the mainland, I'll decline... and find the money elsewhere.
not if you are desperate and its a good job that you like
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:10am On Feb 24, 2021
lekki1444:
not if you are desperate and its a good job that you like

Last man on earth...?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece / Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage / I Don't Want A Step Mother !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.