Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,071 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! (2391 Views)

Married Couples: How Do You Cope With Temptation To Cheat? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Is My Wife Going To Cheat Me In Future? Need Advice.. Wife Pics Attached.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by herbaylove(m): 6:43am On Sep 23, 2019
My name is Abiodun, am in my 20's and i am a final year student of the LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, a year ago i lost my dad who is a customer of the aforementioned microfinance bank in the subject (BAOBAB), which has its head office at IKEJA, LAGOS STATE.

After my dad's death as his next of kin i was contacted to bring to the bank his death certificate, after that i was told he has some little amount in his account which was about 50k and above, and to have access to the money in his account, i need to get a "A LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION " from a probate court.

As soon as i jumped into trying to get the letter of administration i found out that getting the letter takes like a year of rigorous work, and i am gonna send over half of what i wanna claim in my late dad's account.

I contacted the bank again explaining this to them, but to my surprise they told me there is nothing they can do about it.

I am a boy in his finals, who has alot of school bills to clear in other to graduate with his mates, and getting access to the little money in my old man's account will do alot in putting an end to my current financial problem partaining to my education.

Please if anyone here seeing this knows what i can do to get the money from the bank please let them assist me on how to do this.
i can be contacted via whatsapp @ +2348162066010
Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 23, 2019
Listen attentively
If he has any loan with them before he migrated it should have been written of. That's why he paid his risk premium.. Just for the fact that he migrated.
Thus said
Get death certificate
Court affidavit
His ID card from the bank
And his passbook if available.
Normallyid card and death certificate is enough. If I'd card no dey one will be made for you. The koko is the death cert. As the local bank no want answer call their head office. Trust me these people no need any issues. They are scared like hell. If them still do agidi be happy. Na cbn go judge una case. I suspect the money has been removed already to offset a loan. Them just dey drill you.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2019
Maybe you should consider writing a letter (official) to the bank management (Head quarters) explaining your position and appealing to them to consider an exception to the rule due to your present situation.
If there is a rule in place then confrontation won't work, appeal your best chance.
My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by herbaylove(m): 7:19am On Sep 23, 2019
Shibaraba:
Listen attentively
If he has any loan with them before he migrated it should have been written of. That's why he paid his risk premium.. Just for the fact that he migrated.
Thus said
Get death certificate
Court affidavit
Normallyid card and death certificate is enough. If I'd card no dey one will be made for you. The koko is the death cert. As the local bank no want answer call their head office. Trust me these people no need any issues. They are scared like hell. If them still do agidi be happy. Na cbn go judge una case. I suspect the money has been removed already to offset a loan. Them just dey drill you.

Thank you sir
I already called the head office, and i was told to call back in 24hours for a reponse concerning the issue, to my surprise they don't pick my calls again, the last time they did there was a form of harshness in the guy voice of the guy that picked it, he then told me my complaint will take alot of time and that i have to be very very patient, and to not call them back as they will get back to me themself if solution has been arrived at
Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by uboma(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2019
Shibaraba:
Listen attentively
Thus said
Get death certificate
Court affidavit

Where is the issue of loan coming from?

The issue here is that the Op is finding it difficult to secure a letter of administration. Remember it was the bank who informed him about the balance in his father's account.

Please read, comprehend before posting your comments

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by uboma(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Maybe you should consider writing a letter (official) to the bank management (Head quarters) explaining your position and appealing to them to consider an exception to the rule due to your present situation.
If there is a rule in place then confrontation won't work, appeal your best chance.
My opinion.

I doubt that the letter of administration will be waived for him. It is a standard procedure.
Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2019
herbaylove:

Thank you sir
I already called the head office, and i was told to call back in 24hours for a reponse concerning the issue, to my surprise they don't pick my calls again, the last time they did there was a form of harshness in the guy voice of the guy that picked it, he then told me my complaint will take alot of time and that i have to be very very patient, and to not call them back as they will get back to me themself if solution has been arrived at
Go to twitter. Write this. Tag cbn.
Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2019
uboma:

I doubt that the letter of administration will be waived for him. It is a standard procedure.

That's why i suggested he should make it an appeal. You never can tell, when you try you have a 50-50 chance but when you don't try it a 0-0 chance. Won't cost more than 1k to get the letter done so why not try.
You get?

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by nifemi25(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2019
I will advice you go straight to there head office at ikeja.... Insist you want to see one of there managers and explain to him. Am sure they will surely assisted you......

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by uboma(m): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

That's why i suggested he should make it an appeal. You never can tell, when you try you have a 50-50 chance but when you don't try it a 0-0 chance. Won't cost more than 1k to get the letter done so why not try.
You get?

He can try but I doubt it will be waived for him.
Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2019
uboma:

You are the mad man here! From the information provided by the Op here, where is the issue of loan coming from? The Op is having issues securing a letter of administration which ordinarily should not be a problem with the death certificate in place.

Ode. What is the meaning of microfinance. What are their functions. Dopemu.
Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by uboma(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2019
Shibaraba:

Ode. What is the meaning of microfinance. What are their functions. Dopemu.

Hahahhaha. You are narrow minded indeed! You think everyone who carries out transaction with microfinance bank is a debtor? You lack exposure. Advice the Op on how to overcome the obstacles he is facing in securing the letter of administration instead.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Baobab Microfinance (formerly Microcred) Is Trying To Cheat Me! by herbaylove(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2019
Shibaraba:
Listen attentively
Thus said
Get death certificate
Court affidavit

How can i contact you sir?
Need to ask you some questions

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Women Feel so Entitled / Again! Naija Guy Weds Oyinbo Grand Mama. / It Took 12years To Find Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.