Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. (3217 Views)

Are True Muslims Expected To Lie? / 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by malvisguy212: 6:08am On Aug 27, 2016
MrMontella:

and yet christ punishes the sinner for eternity for the smallest of sins commited..
Whats the difference?
You atheists are soo confuse. What do you understand by God unconditional love ? Consider the parable of the prodigal son; did the father love the son ? YES. Did the father love prevent the son from making decision ? NO. What if the son did not return home, and died in the swine, will you blame the father ? NO. But the son make a decision to return home and find everlasting joy.

Does God love those who rejects Christ? Yes.
Does His Love mean He will alter His Justice to
accommodate their rebellion? NO. If the man reject christ and find himself with the devil, will you blame God ? NO!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by malvisguy212: 6:10am On Aug 27, 2016
MrMontella:
the blood line of jesus had polygamy.. U forgot solomon? Or david who converted someones wife?(right?)
They suffer the consequence of their sin.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Bash419: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2016
salamualaikum, may peace be upon all of you... answers to all the questions.
1) 2;178...16;129....3;135 etc

2) yes, and this is to make sure that Muslims don't regard him as a god the way Christians now refer to Jesus as god. it says Muhammed is nothing but a messenger of Allah.

3) The Quran does say so but that was applicable during the time of war when IG they reverted they carry military intelligence to the other party. after the war verses like Quran [2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion; the
right way has become distinct from the wrong way.
Quran [109:6] “You have your religion and I have mine”
Quran [10:99] Had your Lord willed, everyone on earth
would have believed. Will you compel people to become
believers?
Quran [18:29] And say, “The truth is from your Lord.
Whoever wills-let him believe.
Quran [88:21] So remind. You are only a reminder.
Quran [88:22] You have no control over them. all this verses teaches us to mind our business.

4) No, it says max of four not minimum of four. Quran 4:3. the verse also says that marrying one will be better.. Islam is the only religion that put a limit others say infinite.

5) Yes, and the Bible support this in Numbers 31; 17-18. save for yourself every GIRL who has never slept with a man. and it's an historical fact that people marry early those days e.g st Augustine 350 AD married a 9 year old and Catholic encyclopedia says Mary married Joseph at age 9

6) Yes, for he was but a servant and judgement we all know is for God alone.

7) In 1978, Jewish American astrophysicist Michael H. Hart (born
April 28, 1932) released a book titled "The 100: A Ranking of the
Most Influential Persons in History". This book, which has sold over
500,000 copies to date, has been somewhat controversial, not least
due to its placing of Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam, over
Jesus Christ , the founder of Christianity.. And he was a prophet and prophet we know were the greatest people on earth.

cool it's prohibited as a test. you like something and it's bad for you on earth because you're mortal but when in heaven you're immortal it can't harm you.

9) It was named in the Hadith's which is an authentic collection of saying ad acts of the prophet.

10) The Quran states the rules while the hadith's shows its implantation I.e how the prophet implemented the rules.

11) to reserve the meaning in context as we all know that translation leaves room for errors. but Muslims make dua in any language.

12)yes, the Qur'an confirms them but we all know it has been corrupted I.e revised... you are revising God's word #why.

13) the moon is just an architectural signature.my mosque doesn't have one.

14) we should not reply according to the hadith's of the prophet and the Quran says The servants of the most merciful are those who walk upon the
earth easily , and when the ignorant address them they say
[words of] peace
Quran 25:63

hope that answers your questions masalam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Continuation from the previous page

12.) Why do Muslims add "Peace and blessing upon him" whenever the name of Mohammed is mentioned? Was that recommended by the Quoran? If not, then what is the origin? Is Mohammed not at peace already where he is?

It's to show respect. Muslims are supposed to put (PBUH) or (SAW) after naming any and all Prophets of Allah(SWT)

Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [ Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [ Allah to grant him] peace. - Qur'an 33:56
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 28, 2016
13.) When Muslims say the bible is corrupted, was this based on what was said in the Quoran? If not, what then is the basis for this claim when the Quoran itself affirms the validity of the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospels?

We believe these Books are authentic when God reveals them.

"Or do they envy mankind for what Allah hath given them of his bounty? but We had already given the people of Abraham the Book and Wisdom, and conferred upon them a great kingdom. (Quran 4:54)

….and to David We gave the Psalms (Quran 4:163)

And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. (Quran 5:46)

Now what does the Quran mean when it says Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus (peace and blessings be upon all of them) all got their individual books? The Quran means that these books were revealed to their messengers in their original form
So these books were given to the four messengers of Allah, directly by a revelation from Allah. After these messengers received these revelations, some messengers like Abraham, Moses and David wrote these revelations down and others didn’t like Jesus. After Abraham, Moses and David died, the book of Abraham was lost, The Torah of Moses was corrupted and badly edited as time went on and most of the Psalms of David were written by unknown writers. As for the Gospel, well as soon as Jesus left the earth—the New Testament was badly corrupted by unreliable oral traditions, growing legends, fictional forms and cheats and frauds who were pretending to be apostles of the original church (like Paul of Tarsus).

Bible Was Indeed Corrupted Quran

The Quran says that the current Torah, Psalms and Gospel (the New Testament) have been badly corrupted. Numerous passages of the Quran refer to man’s distortion and alterations of the previous books of revelations from Allah. These passages in the Quran note that the received books by the People of the Book, The Jews and the Christians, do not conform to the original revelations that were given to Moses, David and Jesus. The following verses from the Quran are among the more direct in addressing this distortion of the prior books of Allah.

[b] "Can ye (o ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it… Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. (Quran2:75,79)

"There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it! (Quran 3:78)

"And remember Allah took a covenant from the People of the Book, to make it known and clear to mankind, and not to hide it; but they threw it away behind their backs, and purchased with it some miserable gain! And vile was the bargain they made! (Quran 3:187) [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by mustymatic(m): 12:56am On Aug 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
Allah love does who do good deed ONLY. The quran say Allah does not love the unbelievers. But in the bible, christ die for me and you while we were YET SINNER.
How about hell? Why hell?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by mustymatic(m): 12:58am On Aug 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
What is adultery ? Looking at a woman lust fully, when you have a wife, what kind of motive drive you to mary another wife ? Because she is sexually attractive ? The fingerprint of marriage begin in Genesis one, when God create Adam and give him ONE wife and He enjoined the two to be ONE FLASH. Not man, woman and concubine, BUT MAN AND WOMAN.
Show us from the Bible where your gods say you should marry only one. NB.. don't quote deacons or bishops for us, ordinary men
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 28, 2016
14.) Why do mosques have the moon crescent mounted on their tops?
Your questions is wrong. It should be: Why do some mosque have crescent moon mounted on their tops?

There is no known basis in Islam for putting a crescent on top of the minaret.

The crescent is ment by Muslim [Not Islam] of some countries to disassociate from the cross Christian use . In the middle east and some churches here in africa, churches have minaret similar to that of the muslim. Crescent and star was a later invention as a symbol.

Therefore the crescent is not Islam and people doing it are advised to desist from that.

15.) What should a good Muslim do when someone blasphemes Prophet Mohammed or Allah?

If someone blaspheme, A Muslim should not retaliate by blaspheming the god of the person that blaspheme at first place.

And revile not those whom they call upon beside Allah, lest they, out of spite, revile Allah in their ignorance .… (Ch.6:V.109)

If you cannot withstand the hurt of your God being blasphemed, then report to Shari'a Court in Islamic country and be ready to provide an evidence or witness beyond any reasonable doubt.

What does the Quoran recommend?

Quran (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who invent a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".

“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;” [Surah Al-Maidah 5:33].

In Islam, a person who has committed blasphemy can either be killed or crucified, or his opposite hands and feet can be cut off, or he can be exiled from that land. On the other hand, in other religions there is no other option except capital punishment. Islam at least has four options of punishment for an act of blasphemy.”

Old Testament Bible
“The punishment for blasphemy in most of the major religions is death. It is stated in the Old Testament of the Bible, which is the authority for both the Jews and the Christians: And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [Book of Leviticus 24:16]

MashaAllah. All 15 questions have been answered by the will of Allah (SWT)

7 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 3:01am On Aug 28, 2016
Thanks to ypeace, FriendChoice, and Bash419 for diligently answering the questions. I certainly got educated.

Please confirm my understanding of the responses below:

Question 1: Allah only loves those who do good, not everyone.

Question 2: "And Mohammed is his Prophet" was not expressly commanded in the Quoran, but was supported by various verses from it.

Question 6: The Quoranic verse in reference regarding Mohammed not being sure of his fate is Surah 46:9:

"I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do i know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a warner open and clear."

Question 7: The Quoran describes Mohammed as a good example, not that he is the best of mankind.

Question 10: The Hadiths are important in order to understand the Quoran, but is not a Holy Book like the Quoran.
Personally, I would think the Hadiths are prone to human errors just like the books of the Bible have been alleged. Only the Quoran could possibly be said to be 100% error-free since it was said to be authored by Allah.

Question 11:
@Friendchoice:You did not show clearly that the Quoran prescribes that Muslims pray in Arabic. You only justified why the Quoran was revealed in Arabic.
On a related note, you quoted Quran 14:4 to the effect that "Allah guides and misguides whom He will." Will Allah punish the person He has misguided if that person stumbles based on that misdirection?

Question 13: The Quoran did not categorically mention the Torah, the Gospels, or Psalms when it referred to some scriptures that have been corrupted.

Question 14: The moon crescent is not a symbol of Islam.

Question 15: The Quoran prescribes death sentence for blasphemy.

I am generally satisfied with the responses provided to Questions 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 12.

Thanks once again.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by malvisguy212: 5:32am On Aug 28, 2016
mustymatic:

Show us from the Bible where your gods say you should marry only one. NB.. don't quote deacons or bishops for us, ordinary men
Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his WIFE;and they shall become ONE flesh.

Not man, woman and concubine, NO, man and woman to be ONE FLESH. Jesus quote this passage in mark 10:

Mark 10:7-9
…7‘For this reason a man will leave his father
and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the
two will become one flesh.’ So they are no
longer two, but one flesh. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”…

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2016
Question 1: Allah only loves those who do good, not everyone.

Qur’an 3:31-32 —Say [O Muhammad]: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.

How can God love the unbelievers and throw them into eternal fire? That is illogical. How does it make a believer feel that with all the good deeds he has done and all the love that he showed towards God and then finds out that God loves the corrupt people equally? It is not fair. It is illogical.

Psalm 5:4-6
4. You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.
5. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; [b] you hate all who do wrong.

6. You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written: " Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

In the Quran God is still Merciful to Unbelievers by giving them food etc despite disobeying him, but its temporary (Only in the world)

[O disbelievers], eat and enjoy yourselves a little; indeed, you are criminals. [Quran 77:46]

Question 2: "And Mohammed is his Prophet" was not expressly commanded in the Quoran, but was supported by various verses from it.

It's expressly commanded

As in how? do you mean the Quran says when someone comes to accept Islam, then he should say "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah" then it refuses to say Muhammad Pbum is his messenger? Then you're wrong. The Quran only made it clear that there is no God but Allah in a verse and in another verse HE clearly says He is his messenger. Allah says

Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the messenger of Allah..........[Quran 48: 69]

Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him....... [Quran 3: 144]

If you still don't get it, ask.

Question 6: The Quoranic verse in reference regarding Mohammed not being sure of his fate is Surah 46:9:

"Say I am not a new thing among the messengers, ( of Allah i.e I am not the first messenger)nor do i know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me. I am but a warner open and clear."

He never says he doesn't know his fate. He simply tells you, I don't do things of my own, I don't know the future except what is revealed to me. I am only a Warner to you as God send me. He is telling you I don't know what God will do to me or you except He reveals it.

And God promise paradise for those who follow him (Allah). Muhammad (SAW) was the first to follow him.

“Say: “None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (Unseen) except Allaah, nor can they perceive when they shall be resurrected”

Say [O Muhammad!]: “I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah nor that I know the unseen (ghayb). And I do not say to you that I am an angel. I only follow what is revealed to me.” Say [O Muhammad!]: “Are the blind and the seeing equal? Do you not think?” (6.50)

Say [O Muhammad!]: “I cannot control any benefit or harm for myself save what Allah wills. Had I known the unseen (ghayb), I would have revelled in good and no harm would have touched me. I am only a warner and announcer of good news for people who believe.” (7.18)
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2016
Question 7: The Quoran describes Mohammed as a good example, not that he is the best of mankind.
I don't know any clear verse that describes him as best of mankind. The prof I have is he was declares as Mercy to all mankind.

"The best of mankind is my generation, then those that follow them and then those that follow them. Then there shall come a people after them who will become avaricious, who will love gluttony, and who will give witness before they are asked for it." [Tirmidhi, Sahih]

Muslim (4223) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I will be the leader of the sons of Adam on the Day of Resurrection, and the first one for whom the grave is opened, and the first one to intercede and the first one whose intercession will be accepted.

The scholars understood from this text and others which speak of the virtues of our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he is the best of Allaah’s creation.

Question 10: The Hadiths are important in order to understand the Quoran, but is not a Holy Book like the Quoran. Personally, I would think the Hadiths are prone to human errors just like the books of the Bible have been alleged. Only the Quoran could possibly be said to be 100% error-free since it was said to be authored by Allah.

If you define Holy Book as book authored by God, then Hadith is not a holy book. Secondly Some Hadith are bound to error. But if u could remember Allah promise to guide the Quran. Hadith is the explanation of Quran, do you think Allah will allow wrong explanation to Quran? The answer is no.

Not all Hadith are Authentic, only Authentic Hadith are used by Muslims, Authentic Hadith are written down and non Authentic Hadith are also written down.

If any Hadith is two way sided, some of it true and some no clear evidence that Prophet said this, then it's rendered invalid.

Question 11: You did not show clearly that the Quoran prescribes that Muslims pray in Arabic. You only justified why the Quoran was revealed in Arabic.

The Quran is Arabian. One of the things we do in prayer is recitation of Quran and it has to be recited in Arabic.

You may ask what of the other part of the Prayer?

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 701: Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "The Imam is to be followed. Say the Takbir when he says it; bow if he bows; if he says 'Sami a-l-lahuLiman hamida', say, ' Rabbana wa-laka-l- hamd', prostrate if he prostrates and pray sitting altogether if he prays sitting."

The Prophet prayed in Arabic.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray as you have seen me praying.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari. This is addressed to both men and woman. If you there prayed in another language after he said pray as u seen me prayed. Then you go against him and God will punish u.

Some companions where selected as governor in different part of the world, perhaps countries that don't speak Arabic. They teach the Prayer in Arabic.

If prayer is permissible in other language then he (Prophet) would have command it.

Quran 14:4 to the effect that "Allah guides and misguides whom He will." Will Allah punish the person He has misguided if that person stumbles based on that misdirection?
This is new question

People will tend to argue that Allah misguides people and therefore when the people are misguided then they don't have free will and that it is actually Allah's fault for them being misguided and that Allah would be unjust for punishing them.

However, lets read the Quran in context so that we can better understand what this verse is saying. I won't be using any commentaries because once someone reads the Quran in context he could easily understand what the verse is saying.

Surah 18:29
Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting-place!

Here we clearly see that people have a FREE WILL to believe or disbelieve in God.

Surah 73:19
This is a Reminder. Let him who will , then, choose a way unto his Lord.

Surah 25:57
Say: I ask of you no reward for this, save that whoso will may choose a way unto his Lord.

Surah 29:69
As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and Allah is with the good.

God is clearly telling us that we need to struggle hard in order to find the path to God. Allah will only guide those who actually struggle to be guided. If God has already predetermined who would go to hell and heaven without giving us free will then it would be of no use for Allah to tell us to strive to be good. So God guides those who strive and put an effort to want to be guided.

Surah 45:22
And Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth, and that every soul may be repaid what it hath earned. And they will not be wronged.

God will judge those people according to the deeds that they have done and according to what they earned. They will not be judged unfairly.
So God judging them by what they earned shows that human beings have free will to do evil if they are judged to be evil and therefore it is no one's fault but theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by MrMontella(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
They suffer the consequence of their sin.
david was even said to be an angel of god..
Your God allowed them to do so..(like incest)
because he was god..
Why are u now complaining about what another God allows his creations to do?
You dont dictate for yahweh...do u?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by MrMontella(m): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
You atheists are soo confuse. What do you understand by God unconditional love ?
unconditional love with conditions

[s]Consider the parable of the prodigal son; did the father love the son ? YES. Did the father love prevent the son from making decision ? NO. What if the son did not return home, and died in the swine, will you blame the father ? NO. But the son make a decision to return home and find everlasting joy.

Does God love those who rejects Christ? Yes.
Does His Love mean He will alter His Justice to
accommodate their rebellion? NO. If the man reject christ and find himself with the devil, will you blame God ? NO!!![/s]
what the hell does all loving and all merciful mean??

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Question 13: The Quoran did not categorically mention the Torah, the Gospels, or Psalms when it referred to some scriptures that have been corrupted.

I guess you have English translated Quran, take it and check few verses back before the verse i quote, you will see who God is talking to before he says the scriptures are currupted. In few verses back you will see that he is talking to Moses (PBUM) and he is refering to Jews. Just check it. But before then I will give you another reference where HE said it categorically .

And remember Allah took a convenent from the people of Book, (Who are the people of Book? Christians and Jews) to make it known and clear to mankind, and not to hide it, but they trew it away behind their backs, and purchase with it some miserable gain! And vile was bargain they made. (Quran 3:187)

They did not estimate Allah with an estimation due to Him when they said: "Nothing did Allah send to any human being."
Say "who then sent down the book which Musa (moses) brought, a light and a guidance to mankind which you (Jews) have made into (separate) papersheets, disclosing (some of them) and concealing much? And you (Believers in Allah and His messenger) were taught (through Quran) that which neither you nor your fathers knew" Say: "Allah (sent it down)." Then leave them to play in their vain discussions.
[Quran 6: 91]

Question 14: The moon crescent is not a symbol of Islam.
Absolutely YES

Question 15: The Quoran prescribes death sentence for blasphemy.
Yes as seen in the verses, but not only death, read again it prescribe other punishment depending on the degree of blasphemy to be determined by sharia court.

@Kabikala Check previous post for complete Answers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by mustymatic(m): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his WIFE;and they shall become ONE flesh.

Not man, woman and concubine, NO, man and woman to be ONE FLESH. Jesus quote this passage in mark 10:

Mark 10:7-9
…7‘For this reason a man will leave his father
and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the
two will become one flesh.’ So they are no
longer two, but one flesh. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”…
Does this sound like an order to you? Is this not a story? If he marries two wives are they not one flesh? They are no longer three but one flesh
Jesus would not quote that since a lotta prohets in the Bible practice polygyny, Solomon, Moses, Abraham etc.
That's bull crap, try again.
Quote where it says marry only one.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by EyeHateGod: 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lwkmd The Bible say the Quran Say nawa O Are Nigerians This Brain Washed?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by mustymatic(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Still the white man says, the other white man say
Lol
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by EazyMoh(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ma sha Allah! Barakallahu fih kum everyone for doing justice to the questions, also kudos to the OP for his diligence to seek knowledge instead of sheepishly going with the ignorant crowd.
For more general explanation since most of the questions boarder on Tauheeed, I'd like to point out the ARTICLES OF FAITH which summarizes the answers to most of the questions.
1 Believe in the Almighty God and all his attributes. Am sure you don't need explanation that when Muslims say Allah (SWT) it refers to the same God of Moses(AS) in the first commandment, the Father Jesus (AS) referred to, the all-knowing all-powerful, the creator of everything and everyone AND the only deity worthy of worship.
2 Believe in All true Messengers of God. So in declaration of faith when one declares to believe in prophet Muhammad (pbuh) impliedly it means believing in all other prophets acknowledged by prophet Muhammad (pbuh). If after saying "I believe there's no diety worthy of worship except Allah and I believe that Muhammad is his messenger' then someone went further to add "but I don't believe Joseph (AS) is a true messenger of God" then the latter statement renders his Shahada invalid and unacceptable, hence cannot be considered a Muslim.
3Beleive in Holy Scriptures; Quran, Enjeel, Torah, Zabur etc. To believe they were revealed and contained true words of God, even though all the rest except Quran have been corrupted. This is evident in the sense that you can establish almost all fundamentals of Islam from the Old and New Testament.
4. Believe in Angels
5. Believe in the Day of Resurrection
6. Believe in Hell and Heaven
7. Believe in destiny (Good or Bad). This is in the sense that what ever happens is known in detail and permitted to happen by the will of Allah (SWT). In fact He had ordered it to be written in every detail whatever is going to happen from the beginning to the end of time.
DISBELIEVE in any of the above articles renders ones religion invalid!
May Allah help us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
toposi4naija:
Nice set of questions!.......

Since the day I read the preview or perhaps summary of this book.....THE PEOPLE VS MOHAMMED...

Anytime I see a Muslim(youth) praising and hyping Mohammed......I will just start crying for him........

#IrefuseToBeBrainWashed......

Someone who is already brainwashed is saying IrefuseToBeBrainWashed. You read a book that black painted Prophet Muhammad (Pbum) and it brainwashed u.

A person who will not allow himself to be brainwashed would not act in your manner. He will simply go on research to find the Authenticity of those claims made in the Book. You're already brainwashed by a single book perhaps authored by Christian. I cry for you.

I am a Muslim and I have Bible, I read it and nobody stop me from doing so, because I believe the truth is clear from the false.

You're brainwashed by a single book authored by a man like you, perhaps you may be even better than the writter.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by eraly(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

Someone who is already brainwashed is saying IrefuseToBeBrainWashed. You read a book that black painted Prophet Muhammad (Pbum) and it brainwashed u.

A person who will not allow himself to be brainwashed would not act in your manner. He will simply go on research to find the Authenticity of those claims made in the Book. You're already brainwashed by a single book perhaps authored by Christian. I cry for you.

I am a Muslim and I have Bible, I read it and nobody stop me from doing so, because I believe the truth is clear from the false.

You're brainwashed by a single book authored by a man like you, perhaps you may be even better than the writter.

Where and how do we authenticate the claims in d book? I want to believe the author already gave us where to authenticate the claims (though I have not read the book but I have read a similar one 'Who is this allah?'.

Please kindly do us a favour by telling us how to authenticate the claims and also give us full reference. Maybe there is a bigger reference than d quran and the hadiths. Thanks
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2016
eraly:

Where and how do we authenticate the claims in d book? I want to believe the author already gave us where to authenticate the claims (though I have not read the book but I have read a similar one 'Who is this allah?'.

Please kindly do us a favour by telling us how to authenticate the claims and also give us full reference. Maybe there is a bigger reference than d quran and the hadiths. Thanks

No bigger reference than Quran. State a statement in the Book you read and I shall prov it wrong using Quran and Hadith
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

There is no known basis in Islam for putting a crescent on top of the minaret.

The crescent is ment by Muslim [Not Islam] of some countries to disassociate from the cross Christian use . In the middle east and some churches here in africa, churches have minaret similar to that of the muslim. Crescent and star was a later invention as a symbol.

Therefore the crescent is not Islam and people doing it are advised to desist from that.

If someone blaspheme, A Muslim should not retaliate by blaspheming the god of the person that blaspheme at first place.

And revile not those whom they call upon beside Allah, lest they, out of spite, revile Allah in their ignorance .… (Ch.6:V.109)

If you cannot withstand the hurt of your God being blasphemed, then report to Shari'a Court in Islamic country and be ready to provide an evidence or witness beyond any reasonable doubt.

What does the Quoran recommend?

Quran (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who invent a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".

“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;” [Surah Al-Maidah 5:33].

In Islam, a person who has committed blasphemy can either be killed or crucified, or his opposite hands and feet can be cut off, or he can be exiled from that land. On the other hand, in other religions there is no other option except capital punishment. Islam at least has four options of punishment for an act of blasphemy.”

Old Testament Bible
“The punishment for blasphemy in most of the major religions is death. It is stated in the Old Testament of the Bible, which is the authority for both the Jews and the Christians: And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [Book of Leviticus 24:16]

MashaAllah. All 15 questions have been answered by the will of Allah (SWT)
I'm surprised you try to exonerate Islam on killing apostates while trying to say it is actually Christianity to blame. While Muslims murder apostates all the time, I a Catholic don't remember ever being taught during Catechism that leaving Christianity is punishable by other humans. Maybe it's actually because Christianity doesn't mandate death for apostacy? Remember unlike Islam, Christianity is not a religion of the book despite you guys calling us ahl al kitab. Christianity is based on a person, Jesus Christ, not a mere book. Let me tell you about something important in Christianity....lex orandi lex credendi...the rule of prayer is the rule of faith....you practice what you believe
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Papist:

I'm surprised you try to exonerate Islam on killing apostates while trying to say it is actually Christianity to blame. While Muslims murder apostates all the time, I a Catholic don't remember ever being taught during Catechism that leaving Christianity is punishable by other humans. Maybe it's actually because Christianity doesn't mandate death for apostacy? Remember unlike Islam, Christianity is not a religion of the book despite you guys calling us ahl al kitab. Christianity is based on a person, Jesus Christ, not a mere book. Let me tell you about something important in Christianity....lex orandi lex credendi...the rule of prayer is the rule of faith....you practice what you believe

I don't need to say anything much to you. I deal with reference, I give the verse that recommend punishment for blasphemy in the Quran and I also quote the Bible for same reason. I don't care what you think, Christianity is not religion of book. Then everyone can do what he likes outside the teaching of Bible (Book) like accepting alcohol, Homosexual marriage etc.

No Christian will support your talk. In other word, what you said is Christianity have no Guidance to follow (Book)

Sometimes I wonder if people think before saying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Bash419: 11:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Papist:

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son
or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you,
saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither
you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether
near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other
religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity .
Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him
to death . Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then
the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship
other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the
army of the heavens, ..... and you must stone such one with
stones and such one must die. "

2 Chronicles 15:13 "All who would not seek the LORD, the
God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great,
man or woman."

Leviticus 20:27 "And as
for a man or woman in whom there proves to be a mediumistic spirit or
spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail. They
should pelt them to death with stones .

Jesus in Matthew 15:1-9 , above, praised the Old
Testament's Laws of punishment, and he even rebuked those who didn't follow it.

your pastor hasn't been telling you everything
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Bash419:

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity . Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death . Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship
other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, ..... and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die. "

2 Chronicles 15:13 "All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman."

Leviticus 20:27 "And as
for a man or woman in whom there proves to be a mediumistic spirit or spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail. They should pelt them to death with stones .

Jesus in Matthew 15:1-9 , above, praised the Old
Testament's Laws of punishment, and he even rebuked those who didn't follow it.

your pastor hasn't been telling you everything

Yeah he said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Matthew 5:17

Don't mind him he is a follower of the Church not Jesus peace be upon him and Bible

He even tell them the coming of Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him. But still they don't believe.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by wreckerMcbeth(m): 1:13am On Aug 30, 2016
ypeace:
I don't have sufficient reference for question 2.

3.) Is it true that the Quoran prescribes death sentence for anyone
who converts from Islam? If Yes, is it true that a Muslim will be
rewarded if he carries out this death penalty?

The Qur'an doesn't prescribe death for them. BUT THOSE WHO LEAVE ISLAM ARE TO BE KILLED UNDER SHARI'A.

I don't know of any evidence which says there is reward for a Muslim who carries out the killing.

Killed under Sharia? Oh God! What a religion.
Why is it that everything about Islam is blood, hatred, violence and all sort of evil things? Why?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by wreckerMcbeth(m): 1:18am On Aug 30, 2016
ypeace:
4.) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for
a Muslim man? How many wives did Mohammed have?

Muhammad did not prescribe, Allah did in Q4 vs 3

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَىٰ فَانْكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۖ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَلَّا تَعُولُوا

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

The prophet married a total of 11 times. Maximum number of 9 wives at a time

......................................... ...........

In following up on your answer to Question 4, was it that Prophet
Mohammed disobeyed Allah's command? Or was the commandment
issued after he was already married to more than 4 wives? Or does
this particular commandment exclude him?

Ans

the prophet is human. he has special responsibility and in return enjoys special rights. for example, he is able to fast for days without breaking the fast and he specifically ask his followers not to do that. Having more than 4 wives was allowed for him as it was allowed for some prophets before him. it is stated in the Qur'an 33 vs 50 that:

O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Wow! What a religion! Islam should just be a political party. It's not worthy a religion.
Damnnn...the devil is a liar jor!
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by wreckerMcbeth(m): 1:31am On Aug 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
What is adultery ? Looking at a woman lust fully, when you have a wife, what kind of motive drive you to mary another wife ? Because she is sexually attractive ? The fingerprint of marriage begin in Genesis one, when God create Adam and give him ONE wife and He enjoined the two to be ONE FLASH. Not man, woman and concubine, BUT MAN AND WOMAN.

You guys are disgusting.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 30, 2016
FriendChoice:

I don't need to say anything much to you. I deal with reference, I give the verse that recommend punishment for blasphemy in the Quran and I also quote the Bible for same reason. I don't care what you think, Christianity is not religion of book. Then everyone can do what he likes outside the teaching of Bible (Book) like accepting alcohol, Homosexual marriage etc.

No Christian will support your talk. In other word, what you said is Christianity have no Guidance to follow (Book)

Sometimes I wonder if people think before saying.
Makes me wonder why you have to run to the Bible when the OP clearly asked only of Islam. Speaking of references, when was the last time a Christian was executed for apostacy or for blaspheming Christianity? Actions speak louder than words; when Mohamed was cartooned in Denmark the Islamic world rose in violent murderous protests killing religious minorities. But when ISIS commits atrocities in the name of Allah there is defeaning silence. Religion of Peace?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Papist:

Makes me wonder why you have to run to the Bible when the OP clearly asked only of Islam. Speaking of references, when was the last time a Christian was executed for apostacy or for blaspheming Christianity? Actions speak louder than words; when Mohamed was cartooned in Denmark the Islamic world rose in violent murderous protests killing religious minorities. But when ISIS commits atrocities in the name of Allah there is defeaning silence. Religion of Peace?

What is your own business for me quoting the Bible, allow the OP to speak 4 himself. Or say those are not verses of the Bible or say they're false verses. If you use what some people do to judge religion rather than the religion scripture then you have a long way to go. Asking when last Christian was executed 4 apostasy? Or may be you don't execute someone who is apostate. You're only denying your scripture. Here in Nigeria tell me someone that Sharia law execute 4 apostate? I don't deal with what people do. If u have anything to say make your reference not this 1 did this, we did not bla bla bla bla.... And if you cannot use reference, maybe u don't study your book. Then better just keep quiet and allow people with Knowledge come forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Late Bishop Eddie Long Buried In $100k Casket (photos) / Koinonia School Of Ministry 2022 Application Form + Registration Guide / A Muslim Will Enter Paradise Even If He Commits Theft Or Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.