Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. (3187 Views)

Are True Muslims Expected To Lie? / 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
In 2005, a Muslim friend, observing my curiosity about the religion of Islam, gave me an English translation of the Quoran. I have been studying it ever since.

I am all for knowledge-acquisition and I, as much as possible, try to avoid joining the bandwagon to discredit a perspective I don't truly understand. I will rather make efforts and wait patiently to get the correct answers.

However, I have some nagging questions about Islam which my limited study of the Quoran has not been able to assuage.

I will appreciate all expositions and explanations that will broaden my horizon and enrich my understanding of these issues.

The questions are as follows:

Questions on my mind
1.) Is there anywhere in the Quoran where Allah declares that he loves human beings or Muslims? Is Allah capable of love?
2.) Did God ask Mohammed to add "And Mohammed is his Prophet" to the Muslim chant: "There is no God but Allah?" If Yes, why does Allah acknowledge only Mohammed and not the other earlier Prophets? Would that not elevate Mohammed to a similar level with God if he has to be acknowledged alongside God in the same statement of worship?
3.) Is it true that the Quoran prescribes death sentence for anyone who converts from Islam? If Yes, is it true that a Muslim will be rewarded if he carries out this death penalty?
4.) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for a Muslim man? How many wives did Mohammed have?
5.) Is it true that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and started having sex with her at the age of 9?
6.) Is it true that Mohammed said he was not sure of his fate after he might have died?
7.) Why is Mohammed described by some Muslims as "the best of mankind?" What attributes exhibited by him makes him the best of mankind? Was this title conferred on him by Allah?
8.) Is it true that alcohol is prohibited in Islam, but will be available in abundance for redeemed Muslims in heaven?
9.) Are the five pillars of Islam revealed in the Quoran and identified as such? If not, how did they originate?
10.) If the Quoran is a Holy Book, why does one need the Hadith? Is the Quoran inadequate, or incomplete? Does God intend for Muslims to read the Hadiths in order to understand the Quoran? Did the Quoran mention the Hadiths as a reference check for Muslims to understand it? Is the Hadith also a holy book? If not, why should anyone believe it?
11.) Why do Muslims pray in Arabic? Is it a Quoranic injunction? I have heard the explanation of the Quoran being written in Arabic to preserve the original meaning. But did the Quoran recommend that Muslims pray in Arabic? Is Arabic the language of Allah?
12.) Why do Muslims add "Peace and blessing upon him" whenever the name of Mohammed is mentioned? Was that recommended by the Quoran? If not, then what is the origin? Is Mohammed not at peace already where he is?
13.) When Muslims say the bible is corrupted, was this based on what was said in the Quoran? If not, what then is the basis for this claim when the Quoran itself affirms the validity of the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospels?
14.) Why do mosques have the moon crescent mounted on their tops?
15.) What should a good Muslim do when someone blasphemes Prophet Mohammed or Allah? What does the Quoran recommend?

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nice set of questions!.......

Since the day I read the preview or perhaps summary of this book.....THE PEOPLE VS MOHAMMED...

Anytime I see a Muslim(youth) praising and hyping Mohammed......I will just start crying for him........

#IrefuseToBeBrainWashed......

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by platitech(m): 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
Get a translated Quran, read it like you would read a normal book and try to understand... You would be ashamed of IGNORANCE. ISLAM is a religion of PEACE. Any aggressive or violent person calling him/herself a MUSLIM is like monkey claiming to be human.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Ofemmanu1: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Islamabad
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by GiMngo: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=platitech post=48764721]Get a translated Quran, read it like you would read a normal book and try to understand... You would be ashamed of IGNORANCE. ISLAM is a religion of PEACE. Any aggressive or violent person calling him/herself a MUSLIM is like monkey claiming to be human. [/quote

You have not answer those powerful questions. Please answer if you can. All the questions he asked are direct without any form of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by udatso: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
Good questions. When I am chanced, I will try to answer them or most of them inshaAllah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Owliver(m): 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
platitech:
Get a translated Quran, read it like you would read a normal book and try to understand... You would be ashamed of IGNORANCE. ISLAM is a religion of PEACE. Any aggressive or violent person calling him/herself a MUSLIM is like monkey claiming to be human.
the northern Nigeria. the Arabias. Iran, Kashmir India, British Muslims very aggressive and violent, Muslims are violent but not all.

now logically which would you believe? what a random person says online or what we see and experience?

you people that parade yourselves as the cool ones what are you really doing to change their views? nothing I guess. I have never heard of a Muslim reporting Muslim's planning bad. some even preach violence right from inside mosques yet the cool ones over look. but when there's a trouble prole like yourself rush out to say this line.

that's enough. even sultan said it, violence should be applied if someone disturbs your prayers. even my nysc pal then said same thing. kids are taught to hate non Muslim's in the north.

you supposedly cool ones do nothing other than come online to defend the religion. is the religion more important that human lives?

that's one sick religion. if you ask me.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
1.) Is there anywhere in the Quoran where Allah declares that he
loves human beings or Muslims? Is Allah capable of love?

Yes, Allah is capable of love e.g, Q3 vs 134

الَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ فِي السَّرَّاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَالْكَاظِمِينَ الْغَيْظَ وَالْعَافِينَ عَنِ النَّاسِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
I don't have sufficient reference for question 2.

3.) Is it true that the Quoran prescribes death sentence for anyone
who converts from Islam? If Yes, is it true that a Muslim will be
rewarded if he carries out this death penalty?

The Qur'an doesn't prescribe death for them. BUT THOSE WHO LEAVE ISLAM ARE TO BE KILLED UNDER SHARI'A.

I don't know of any evidence which says there is reward for a Muslim who carries out the killing.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
4.) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for
a Muslim man? How many wives did Mohammed have?

Muhammad did not prescribe, Allah did in Q4 vs 3

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَىٰ فَانْكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۖ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَلَّا تَعُولُوا

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

The prophet married a total of 11 times. Maximum number of 9 wives at a time

......................................... ...........

In following up on your answer to Question 4, was it that Prophet
Mohammed disobeyed Allah's command? Or was the commandment
issued after he was already married to more than 4 wives? Or does
this particular commandment exclude him?

Ans

the prophet is human. he has special responsibility and in return enjoys special rights. for example, he is able to fast for days without breaking the fast and he specifically ask his followers not to do that. Having more than 4 wives was allowed for him as it was allowed for some prophets before him. it is stated in the Qur'an 33 vs 50 that:

O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
.) Is it true that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and started having sex with her at the age of 9?
yes, it is true.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by GiMngo: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
Three, four wives? What devil likes.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by GiMngo: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Two, Three, four wives? What devil likes.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
.) Is it true that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and started having sex with her at the age of 9?
yes, it is true.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Kabikala@
I stopped answering the questions after reading this:
*I will appreciate all expositions and explanations that will broaden my horizon and enrich my understanding of these issues.*
I think one question be resolved before moving to the next to avoid muddle up.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Thanks ypeace.
I am following your responses.

In following up on your answer to Question 4, was it that Prophet Mohammed disobeyed Allah's command? Or was the commandment issued after he was already married to more than 4 wives? Or does this particular commandment exclude him?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
@ ypeace.

I will be looking forward to your answers to the remaining questions. I hope to be better educated.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kabikala:
Thanks ypeace.
I am following your responses.

In following up on your answer to Question 4, was it that Prophet Mohammed disobeyed Allah's command? Or was the commandment issued after he was already married to more than 4 wives? Or does this particular commandment exclude him?

check the ans in my response to question 4 above. I will like to completely answer a question before moving to the next. I will also like to make answers on a particular question be on the same post so that it will be easy to follow up.

****I know not and Allah knows best. Any mistake is from me while any good that comes out of my post is from Allah. I pray Allah forgives my mistake and reward me on whatever good which comes out of my post. May He make it beneficial for us. Ameen***

I will try and answer your question to the best of my knowledge, excluding sentiments and lies from my reply. I pray Allah helps me. however, I may not be able to provide answers to all your questions if I do not have sufficient reference.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by toshino4real(m): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
ypeace:
.) Is it true that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and started having
sex with her at the age of 9?

yes, it is true.

Evidence
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by ypeace: 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
toshino4real:

Evidence
thanks for pointing my attention to that.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married me when I was six years old and he consummated the marriage with me when I was nine years old.  We came to Madinah and stayed among Banu’l-Haarith ibn Khazraj, and I fell sick… My mother Umm Roomaan came to me when I was on a swing and some of my friends were with me. She called me loudly and I went to her, and I did not know what she wanted of me. She took me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house, as I was gasping for breath, until I had calmed down. Then she took some water and wiped my face and head with it, then she took me into the house. There were some women of the Ansaar in the house, who said: With good wishes and blessings and good luck. She handed me over to them and they adorned me, and suddenly I saw the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) at mid-morning, and they handed me over to him. At that time I was nine years old.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3894) and Muslim (1422) 

Al-Bayhaqi (1588) narrated that ash-Shaafa‘i said: The earliest age at which I heard of girls reaching puberty was the women of Tihaamah who reach puberty at the age of nine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks ypeace.

I have gone back to read the additional answers you provided to Question 4. Which Prophet before Mohammed was allowed to have more than 4 wives?

On your answer to Question 1, does Allah love everyone, or He only loves those who do good? Do you have more Quoranic references?

I did not understand your answer to Question 3. Is the Sharia not based on the Quoran?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by malvisguy212: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
ypeace:
1.) Is there anywhere in the Quoran where Allah declares that he
loves human beings or Muslims? Is Allah capable of love?

Yes, Allah is capable of love e.g, Q3 vs 134

الَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ فِي السَّرَّاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَالْكَاظِمِينَ الْغَيْظَ وَالْعَافِينَ عَنِ النَّاسِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-
Allah love does who do good deed ONLY. The quran say Allah does not love the unbelievers. But in the bible, christ die for me and you while we were YET SINNER.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kabikala:
In 2005, a Muslim friend, observing my curiosity about the religion of Islam, gave me an English translation of the Quoran. I have been studying it ever since.

I am all for knowledge-acquisition and I, as much as possible, try to avoid joining the bandwagon to discredit a perspective I don't truly understand. I will rather make efforts and wait patiently to get the correct answers.

However, I have some nagging questions about Islam which my limited study of the Quoran has not been able to assuage.

I will appreciate all expositions and explanations that will broaden my horizon and enrich my understanding of these issues.

The questions are as follows:

Questions on my mind
1.) Is there anywhere in the Quoran where Allah declares that he loves human beings or Muslims? Is Allah capable of love?
2.) Did God ask Mohammed to add "And Mohammed is his Prophet" to the Muslim chant: "There is no God but Allah?" If Yes, why does Allah acknowledge only Mohammed and not the other earlier Prophets? Would that not elevate Mohammed to a similar level with God if he has to be acknowledged alongside God in the same statement of worship?
3.) Is it true that the Quoran prescribes death sentence for anyone who converts from Islam? If Yes, is it true that a Muslim will be rewarded if he carries out this death penalty?
4.) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for a Muslim man? How many wives did Mohammed have?
5.) Is it true that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and started having sex with her at the age of 9?
6.) Is it true that Mohammed said he was not sure of his fate after he might have died?
7.) Why is Mohammed described by some Muslims as "the best of mankind?" What attributes exhibited by him makes him the best of mankind? Was this title conferred on him by Allah?
8.) Is it true that alcohol is prohibited in Islam, but will be available in abundance for redeemed Muslims in heaven?
9.) Are the five pillars of Islam revealed in the Quoran and identified as such? If not, how did they originate?
10.) If the Quoran is a Holy Book, why does one need the Hadith? Is the Quoran inadequate, or incomplete? Does God intend for Muslims to read the Hadiths in order to understand the Quoran? Did the Quoran mention the Hadiths as a reference check for Muslims to understand it? Is the Hadith also a holy book? If not, why should anyone believe it?
11.) Why do Muslims pray in Arabic? Is it a Quoranic injunction? I have heard the explanation of the Quoran being written in Arabic to preserve the original meaning. But did the Quoran recommend that Muslims pray in Arabic? Is Arabic the language of Allah?
12.) Why do Muslims add "Peace and blessing upon him" whenever the name of Mohammed is mentioned? Was that recommended by the Quoran? If not, then what is the origin? Is Mohammed not at peace already where he is?
13.) When Muslims say the bible is corrupted, was this based on what was said in the Quoran? If not, what then is the basis for this claim when the Quoran itself affirms the validity of the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospels?
14.) Why do mosques have the moon crescent mounted on their tops?
15.) What should a good Muslim do when someone blasphemes Prophet Mohammed or Allah? What does the Quoran recommend?

Op I will answer your question, but you know, doz questions are many. so gradually if you want.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by malvisguy212: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
ypeace:
4.) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for
a Muslim man? How many wives did Mohammed have?

Muhammad did not prescribe, Allah did in Q4 vs 3

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَىٰ فَانْكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۖ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَلَّا تَعُولُوا

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

The prophet married a total of 11 times. Maximum number of 9 wives at a time

......................................... ...........

In following up on your answer to Question 4, was it that Prophet
Mohammed disobeyed Allah's command? Or was the commandment
issued after he was already married to more than 4 wives? Or does
this particular commandment exclude him?

Ans

the prophet is human. he has special responsibility and in return enjoys special rights. for example, he is able to fast for days without breaking the fast and he specifically ask his followers not to do that. Having more than 4 wives was allowed for him as it was allowed for some prophets before him. it is stated in the Qur'an 33 vs 50 that:

O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
What is adultery ? Looking at a woman lust fully, when you have a wife, what kind of motive drive you to mary another wife ? Because she is sexually attractive ? The fingerprint of marriage begin in Genesis one, when God create Adam and give him ONE wife and He enjoined the two to be ONE FLASH. Not man, woman and concubine, BUT MAN AND WOMAN.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by MrMontella(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
malvisguy212:
Allah love does who do good deed ONLY. The quran say Allah does not love the unbelievers. But in the bible, christ die for me and you while we were YET SINNER.
and yet christ punishes the sinner for eternity for the smallest of sins commited..
Whats the difference?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by MrMontella(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
malvisguy212:
What is adultery ? Looking at a woman lust fully, when you have a wife, what kind of motive drive you to mary another wife ? Because she is sexually attractive ? The fingerprint of marriage begin in Genesis one, when God create Adam and give him ONE wife and He enjoined the two to be ONE FLASH. Not man, woman and concubine, BUT MAN AND WOMAN.
the blood line of jesus had polygamy..
U forgot solomon?
Or david who converted someones wife?(right?)

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
1.) Is there anywhere in the Quoran where Allah declares that he loves human beings or Muslims?

"…and do good (to others); surely Allah loves the doers of good".(2:195).

"surely Allah loves those who.turn much (to Him), and He loves those.who purify themselves". (2:222)

Is Allah capable of love? Yes, One of His names is " Al-Wadud = One who loves

* Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him Did not add it.

I witness that there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah" is no where to be found in the Quran. Well just because it is not there word by word that does not mean that the concept is not there. The concept of there being no God but Allah is there in the Quran (3:18) and that Muhammad is the Messenger of God is there in the Quran (48:29).

Even the people back at Prophet Muhammad's time
used to bear witness that he was the Messenger
of God.

"When the hypocrites come unto thee (O Muhammad), they say: We bear witness that thou art indeed Allah's messenger. And Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the hypocrites indeed are speaking falsely. Sura 63:1

The verse is talking about those hypocrites that used to come and bear witness that Muhammad is a Messenger but they were lying inside. Allah knew they were lying.

But the point that I am trying to show from this verse is that people at the time of the Prophet did bear witness that he is the Messenger of God.

So the concept of bearing witness that Allah is the
only true God and Muhammad is his Messenger is
a concept found in the Quran. It does not have to
be word by word in the same sentence. This in no
way indicates Muhammad is divine.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
3.a) Is it true that the Quoran prescribes death sentence for anyone who converts from Islam?

The punishment for apostasy (riddah) is well-known in Islaamic Sharee'ah. The one who leaves Islaam will be asked to repent by the Sharee'ah judge in an Islaamic country; if he does not repent and come back to the true religion, he will be killed as a kaafir and apostate, because of the command of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):

"Whoever changes his religion, kill him." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3017).

Therefore its the commandment of God.

"Believe in Allah and His Messenger and the light which He sent down. [ Al-Qur'an 64:8] "O you who believe, obey Allah and His Messenger ... " [ Al-Qur'an 8:20]

"We did not send any Messenger but for him to be obeyed by the permission of Allah." [ Al-Qur'an 4:63]

(3b) If Yes, is it true that a Muslim will be rewarded if he carries out this death penalty?

A Muslim is not allow to kill another Muslim or even the non Muslim. only the law can kill.

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

Regarding the one/staff/police who perform execution.
Remember he is a staff and he is being paid for it. Whether he will be given reward, Allah knows best

4.a) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for a Muslim man?

“If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two, three, or four. But if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess. That will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice." (Qur’an, 4:3)

4b) How many wives did Mohammed have?

11. The reason is he is allowed to the somethings and we are not allowed. Other prophet of the past are polygamous also that can be seen in the Bible.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2016

He married her at 6 and she is brought to his house at 9.

How? Its not true. If you have any verse or hadith to which you misunderstood him saying that bring it forward.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 27, 2016

Yes he is the best of mankind. “Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the last Day, and remembereth Allah much.” [Quran 33:21]

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I have been given superiority over the other prophets in six respects: I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me . Sahi Muslim, vol 1, no 1162

Anas b. Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I would be the first among people to intercede in the Paradise and amongst the apostles I would have the largest following (on the Day of Resurrection). Sahi Muslim, vol 1, no 483

That doesn't means we will say we love this prophet and we keep this, if you do that you leave Islam. You must believe in all of them and are messengers of God.

“We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers” [al-Baqarah 2:285].

Yes Alcohol is forbidden in Islam. Yes but not the same type of alcohol we consume in the world

“They ask you (O Muhammad) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: In them is a great sin, and (some) benefits for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit” [al-Baqarah 2:219]

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al‑Ansaab (stone altars for sacrifices to idols, jinn, etc), and Al‑Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

There will be circulated among them a cup [of wine] from a flowing spring, White and delicious to the drinkers; No bad effect is there in it, nor from it will they be intoxicated. (Surah 37:45-47)

1 Like

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 27, 2016

All the five pillars of Islam are mentioned in the Quran, thus they are not directly called pillars of Islam in the Quran. If you want each reference I can give you for each pillar.

Messenger of Allah (s) say: ‘Islam is built upon five [pillars]: testifying that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establishing the prayers, giving zakat, making pilgrimage to the House and fasting the month of Ramadan.’” (Recorded in Bukhari and Muslim)

The Quran is complete without the Hadith, To understand the Quran you need the commentary of the Quran. Who the Quran is revealed to? To Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Who understand the Quran Better? The prophet, His (Prophet) explanation is Hadith. Quran is purely word of God.

The Quran did not say Go and check Hadith for reference. The Quran say Follow Prophet peace be upon him. meaning follow his teaching, explanations, etc. He is in better position to explain the Quran for you, because the Quran was revealed to him.

When a lecturer is teaching perhaps from a text book, he will try to explain what is in that text book. Some people will write what the lecturer is saying despite having the text book with them.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 27, 2016
11.) Why do Muslims pray in Arabic?

The main goal is to set one language among Muslims. Perhaps this is the reason that it remains unchanged after many decades which is what we rarely see in other religions.

I have heard the explanation of the Quoran being written in Arabic to preserve the original meaning? It doesn't matter which language, God can guard and preserve his book even in revealed in any language other than Arabic

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). (Al-Hijr –Stone land-:9) the word ‘’ guard’’ Means keep Qur’an in mind and lines.

"Say: 'If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.'" [ Quran 17:88]

"And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true."

But did the Quoran recommend that Muslims pray in Arabic?

"We have not sent any Messenger except with the language of his people so he can make things clear to them. Allah misguides anyone He wills and guides anyone He wills. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise. (Qur'an 14:4)

The language of the Prophet (pbuh) to whom the Quran was sent down as revelation was Arabic. If the Quran had been sent down to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in another language, he would not have understood it. Could it have been possible for a prophet who was appointed to convey and explain a book that he could not understand to convey and explain it to others?

Is Arabic the language of Allah?
Allah understand all language, he reveals other scripture not in Arabic e.g Bible in Hebrew.

The medium Allah (SWT) chooses to reveal Quran is Arabic and he clearly state it.

[It is] an Arabic Qur'an, without any deviance that they might become righteous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! / Jesus Healed Using Cannabis, Study Shows - Exodus 30, Verses 22 – 30 / Is It True Our Salvation Is Really A Free Gift? No Strings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.