Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience (625 Views)

"I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London / Onye Lauritta Wins Gold Medal In Shot Put At Rio 2016 Paralympics / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience by Mrdecent(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
Why Nigeria would always win between zero and one in medal in Olympics :my experience
I am not in government and I don’t know much about national games. I don’t know how they run their stuff except what we read on the social media and faces of the dailies on how corrupt our sport officials are which affects preparations and logistics .
This last Olympics ,I discovered that most people that represented our country were actually speaking foreign English during interviews and I was wondering where they got these people . my curiosity was confirmed during one of the Channel’s morning TV programs on 23rd August, 2016 when one of the restored medalist of 2000 Olympics was interviewed from Germany where she said that most times ,Nigerians go to United States of America to look for Olympic representatives . I was like this is bad.

My experience as a volleyball coach.
I got a job in a more or less remote locality , I discovered that the place was boring but I found there a volleyball court (not standard ) and ball but no player . I got the ball , went to YouTube and downloaded different videos on how to play volleyball . Within a short period of time ,the number of volleyballs (both male and female) grew and I became their coach . They were dedicated and committed players . We train almost on daily bases. It kept this guys occupied and happy.
There was a time the local government sport commission of that area got in touch with us that there was a sport festival where they would need my guys to represent them at the local Government level in the game of volleyball . That was the first time to showcase their skills and they were happy about it. We got there and we came first .
The sport organizing committee got money from the state government, the local government released money too to the local government sport organizer. There was money to feed and to give as cash. At the end, they gave my guys 200 naira each without anything to eat or drink. They rejected it and took the jersey they gave them away in protest. Nobody cares about that up until today, after all they have chopped their money . This is the replica of what is happing around us and at the national level .

my second EXPERIENCE
My second experience was during Ekiti State all Institutions Games (ESHIGA) . Afe Babalola University came first in the tournament .They top in mostly all the games . If you get to that school just come and see their talent discovery center and their sport facilities, it won’t surprise you they came out brilliantly . I was thinking before that “aje butter” children can’t do anything ,that only ajepako fit do all things ,that event proved me wrong . They could do everything better than any other person just because they have the facilities.
There are raw talents but they couldn’t perform better because there was no facilities to refine them. More also , these students in ABUAD, I learnt train on daily bases ,unlike other institutions that just got people together some weeks to the competition thinking of performing magic . This is just what happens at the national level compared to other countries that came top .
Also, the money spent on sport in ABUAD alone could build some of this paraded state Stadia. You need to see their sport center. not only ABUAD , even some secondary schools , like Olassore memorial secondary school in Iloko Ijesa , only very few stadia can meet up with their standard .
They have sport directors who doesn’t have any business other than to train these students. Different sport directors for different sports unlike other institutions that went to hire all in all coach for their institution .not only that , they hired ghost students to represent them . There was a particular institution that hired 2 state volleballers who are part of the national team in the country .imagine! these people are killing young talents .
In all , the ESIGHA opened my eyes to the fact that there are raw talents in Nigeria sports events , but no facility to develop them , no regular event to discover them too .How many local governments in Nigeria has a semi-stander stadium ? In that event alone, I saw young guys that needs just constant training to meet up with world standard .
I was in the north some years ago, come and see basket ballers in remote villages, footballers unko ? This marathon race should be given to the Fulani cattle guys. What about Niger Deltas in swimming. We have raw talents around they needs little professional touch, we need facilities corrupt free officials and private investors to invest on sport.
what do u think the problems is and what are the solutions?
@
MadCow1, Mukina1, Airforce1
Re: Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Basically, Nigeria MAY not go well because we fail to respect and appreciate talents/gifts.
Re: Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience by Mrdecent(m): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jhuniyour:
Basically, Nigeria MAY not go well because we fail to respect and appreciate talents/gifts.

exactly
Re: Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
we revolve around 0 and 1 because we are a binary state cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience by Mrdecent(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
lalasticlala pls let us discuss
Re: Why Nigeria Would Always Win Between 0 And 1 Medal In Olympics:my Experience by Mrdecent(m): 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

The Footballer With No Legs / Arsenal Fans Want Kanu To Replace Giroud After Kanu Scored Hatrick Yesterday / Ozil: Iwobi Is A Mixture Of Okocha And Davids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.