Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Blood On The Coat Hanger - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blood On The Coat Hanger (10982 Views)

Blood On Satin Sheet (A Novel) / Buy Blood On The Altar For Just $1 / Read For Free: Blood On The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
i'm here... haven't read the story yet... wanna mark attendance first...now lets see what you got...

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Eniqurl(f): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
I almost cried!

Your description is dah bomb!

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrsExplorer(f): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
skarlett:
If I must say, I like the former title 'Blood on the Cloth Hanger' to this one 'Story of a rape victim' because the former seems catchy while the latter looks generic. I mean we have so many rape victims and they all have their stories, what makes this rape victim different from others we've seen and all that.

Its just my opinion tho.

Nwiboko26:
U gat a berra topic before dan naw.change it to d former one biko.dis one sounds so common.be d former is kind of coded.

Actually you are right. I felt people are more accustomed to a generic title, now i know better. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Nwiboko26(f): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
MrsExplorer:

Actually you are right. I felt people are more accustomed to a generic title, now i know better. Thank you
MrsExplorer:

MrsExplorer:

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrsExplorer(f): 12:02am On Aug 31, 2016
That night, i think i snapped. I lay in that hospital bed with all the smell of drugs and the fowl air of frustration and i snapped. The doctor said the baby was premature, and that it would have permanent medical conditions. ''The Baby'' I haven't even brought myself to call it my baby. Can i ever take care of a baby i tried to kill with a coat hanger. A baby that tormented me to end its life.

I snapped. I snapped in a way drunkards change, you know how you are sober this minute and then the next minute you are so drunk your head is swinging from left to right like overgrown breasts. I knew at once that there was something wrong with me. Like a nut has gone loosed in my head.

I stood up from the hospital bed and walked towards the door. It was locked. I rested my back on the door and slowly i slided down to a sitting position, crawled up in a way that my knees was touching my chin and started crying, the pain was just too much it made me uncomfortable, i couldn't sit for long so i started rolling on the floor.

My eyes hurt, my stomach burnt and rumbled from pain and hurt, it was like someone was feeding me fire. I cried and i decided i couldn't take it any more.

I stood up and walked towards the window. It was a story building, there were 3 patients in the ward including a nurse who was now sleeping. One patient was awake, she just stared at me, her face totally blank and lacked emotions, have you ever being at that point where it seem like your are out of emotions, you can't cry, you can't laugh, you are just there like a vegetable waiting to be plucked. That's how it must have been for her, she just blocked off every emotion bidding the time when she would take her last breath. I wished for her luxury.

I got to the window and looked down, 3 stories. There was no one on the street, i think it must have been around 2am. The street lights felt like demons kissing me in the dark, they called on to me. I imagined how sweet it would be to have my brain scattered on the floor below. How would the news carry it.., ''A 19 year old commits suicide by jumping from a three-storey building''

Would the world know my story, would they know the kind of madness that drove me to fly, the pain, would they? I took a long breath and looked down again. My mind was made. I would tell you something, death is like a bad song written by a good musician, you hate it, you fear it but the moment you decide to embrace its melody and sing its verses, it becomes a song that soothes you.

I thought i would be afraid but i wasn't, i just felt numb. I thought about my life and tried to remember the last time i was happy, i couldn't.

I pulled the window curtain apart and tried to open the window. It was a glass window and bolted tight with no way to open it. I pushed but the window wouldn't bulge. I tried, but nothing i did would open the window.

So i grabbed one of the patients metal rod where her drip was hanged and tried to break the window with it. I was being too careful not to make too much of a noise. But it seems not making a noise would mean i would be stuck on earth so i hit the window more forcefully, the glass shattered with a loud bang that woke every person in that ward.

Before i could drop the metal rod and set myself up for the ultimate flight, everyone was begging me not to do it, the nurse was screaming and begging. They started to walk towards, including the very sick ones.

''please don't kill yourself, life is too precious'' one of them said. My life is far from precious. I inched closer to the window and slide my head outside, feels like a safe jump, if i'm lucky my brain would not fill the floor and i might just have a few broken bones.

As i made my way to jump, my dad opened the door and ran in. The shock of seeing my dad at the hospital by this time made my hesitate for a few seconds, those few seconds are the reason why i am here today...,

My dad was begging me, amidst tears.....,.......,
''Please just get away from that window'' he said.

''No dad, the pain is too much for me to bear''

He took careful steps towards me ''You don't have to bear the pain alone, please just get away from the window and we'll talk about it''

I stood by the window and let him talk to me, maybe i didn't want to die after all. Maybe i just needed someone to tell me everything would be fine and that i'm not going crazy.

''Who would take care of your younger ones if you decide to jump, we love you''

I looked at my dad, jolted from the window and ran into his arms..,

''the pain is too much dad, its too much'' i said, holding him very tightly.

''i know, i know, that's why i'm here, i'll never leave you''

I looked at him, ''But what happens to My Baby and the men who did all this?''

''Karma would catch up with them soon enough'' he replied.

I stared at my dad, if only he could read my thoughts...., I am karma.

(next updates would be here)

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by elskillful: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2016
waiting with my popcorn

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by kerr9(f): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2016
karma best served hot lolz weldone

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Aitee1: 8:53am On Aug 31, 2016
MrsExplorer I love you no homo... kiss kiss
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrsExplorer(f): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2016
Aitee1:
MrsExplorer I love you no homo... kiss kiss

I love you too
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Gabbyraze(m): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2016
I love the way you describe your scenes and emotions,patiently waiting
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Countrygirl(f): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
I almost shed tears
Gabbyraze:
I love the way you describe your scenes and emotions,patiently waiting
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ride on ma'am
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2016
I wish she would kill them with a coat hanger, that would be 'karfvckingma'

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by yusufibrahim(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2016
Mrs Explorer this fantaliciously fantastic nice work
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
MrsExplorer:

I love you too
You could make this story like the 'I spit on your grave' movie series..
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrsExplorer(f): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
jammy12:

You could make this story like the 'I spit on your grave' movie series..

havent seen the movie, but i'll check it out now

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Zoe99(f): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
Her father is so insensitive.How could he let things become this bad without doing anything?
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrsExplorer(f): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Zoe99:
Her father is so insensitive.How could he let things become this bad without doing anything?

arent most parents lik that?
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Zoe99(f): 5:22am On Sep 05, 2016
MrsExplorer:

arent most parents lik that?
Most parents are like that but there are a few exceptions.
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Donpoker9(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
madam come update na abeg
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrsExplorer(f): 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
Donpoker9:
madam come update na abeg

make i no lie, don't know how th story should continue yet,,, has to do with something people call writers block. But the next update would be the last one.
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Donpoker9(m): 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
MrsExplorer:

make i no lie, don't know how th story should continue yet,,, has to do with something people call writers block. But the next update would be the last one.

chai wish i could help

anyway we gat ur bk

just take ur time and deliver
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by Oblitz(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016
ms explorer don come again o......
you're d best writer in d world o!
...hmm I haven't even read d sorry yet.
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by deltaprincess(f): 6:55am On Sep 08, 2016
MrsExplorer:
Abandon your spirit by the door
and let your fears swallow you whole.
Give the monsters what they want
before they eat all of your soul.

''We are family'' That was the first thing i heard as the family meeting started. The voice that spoke sounded almost happy as if the gathering was a kind of celebration. I looked at the face of the voice, my inside burning with venemous anger. There was tears in my eyes.

''We are family'' I repeated the sentence in my mind, again and again. ''We are family'' ''We are family'' I whispered very quietly, snickering, each word dropping out of my tongue like tiny monsters determined to choke me. My face contorted with a mixture of anger, pain, regret and the desire to just die.

I sat inbetween my mum and dad. I looked at my mum, her eyes were red, you could tell she had been crying, occassionally blowing off cartarrh from her nose with the end of her wrapper, the resulting noice less disgusting than the face of the voice who spoke first. They always say men don't cry but a second glance at my dad told me otherwise, he was sobbing, tears welled up in his eyes, too afraid to blink else the tears come pouring down, i look at my dad, shake my head and clutch my stomach.

In the middle of the room was a small table with a bottle of cheap wine. I wondered, who would want to drink wine in a meeting like this? Directly across me were two men sitting on white plastic chairs, lets call them Uncle 1 and Uncle 2. To my left, another two men,Uncle 3 and 4, well dressed than the first two, they were seated on the only comfortable chair in the room, standing behind them is a young man, 28 years old, the son of one of the men. I looked at him with anger, resisting the immense urge to haul the saliva i have gathered in my mouth at him.

Uncle one clears throat as if afraid to speak, he looks at dad, looks at me and began,

''well like he said, we are family, what has happened has happened and what we need to do now is to look for the way forward'' he stared at everybody in the room before sitting down.

''Yes, he is right'' Uncle 3 is speaking ''we are family and we all just have to protect the family name, we know what happened shouldn't have happened but everything is ordained by God to happen, the best thing is to forget the matter and move forward'' His voice was low, almost sweet even, makes me want to just snap that neck. I looked at myself and then stared at my mum, her crying had increased, her legs were shaking very rapidly like one with a flu. I hold her hand to comfort her but it didn't ease the pain. We were both broken.

''well, the only solution is to report the matter to the police and take the case to court'' My dad says, finally finding his voice.

''We would do no such thing'' Uncle 4 replied-the father of the young boy- with a bit of pride and total lack of shame, ''Remember'' he says ''Do not bite the hand that feeds you and vengeance is for God, by the way, do you realize what that would do to our family name?''

''Did you think of the family name when you and your son took turns raping me?'' I screamed, cutting him off and almost charging at him if not for the hand dad suddenly placed on my shoulder, pressing me to my seat. Mum is wailing now. Every mention of that word RAPE seem to want to drive her crazy.

Uncle 4 looks around then sits down. I stare at his son, (lets call him Charles) he averted my gaze and fidgets in his position. I sob, my sudden outburst drove the whole room into complete silence.

''we are family'' What kind of family rapes a 19 year old virgin lady and then tries to cover it up? I ask you, is there a way to ever recover from something like that? Being rapped and tossed between father and son like a sex gadget while your screams reverbrates round the wall hoping that somehow someone would magically materialize to save you, you've prayed to God, definitely an angel would come, but then that moment when your realize there is no one coming, you kick and scream and shout and bite, you scratch at the men, dipping your claw into their skin but nothing you do can stop them, the harder you try, the more they want to destroy your very essence.

At what point do you begin to give up? At what point do you stop struggling? I ask you, answer me! Is it after the first penetration, when the pain come tearing at you like you're being nailed to a cross or after the second and third and fourth penetration, or do you keep struggling and struggling until you are totally damaged? I was rapped by men who were meant to protect me. I hear their laugh every day and their moans and groans, i still feel their breath on my neck, and the sting of their slaps on my face, i hear my screams when i sleep, I remember how my dad looked at me with shame like it was my fault. Please, how am i supposed to cover that up?

Uncle 1 clears throat, ''everything that happened was a mistake, we are family and we can't let the family name be dragged into the mud. you are not the first lady to be raped and you won't be the last so lets not report this, we would settle this as family and would let the matter die''

I looked at my dad for support, nothing, he just shakes his head. I knew immediately there would be no reporting. Dad works in uncle 4's company, even though the pay is meagre, that is the only thing supporting us in the family. Uncle 4 had already indirecty threatened to sack him if he dared disobey the outcome of the meeting. My dad had no choice. I couldn't blame him. I had four siblings and mum is sick with HBP. I look at my mum. she looks into space as if in a trance, i squeeze her hand, she squeezes back and starts sobbing again.

''Ok, i would not report the case but on one condition'' Dad said.

''What condition?'' Uncle 4 replies, a sly grin now on his face. Dad looks at me before he spoke,

''You would pay for her education till she finishes her graduate programme considering she just got admission''

I want to protest but dad signaled to shut up.

''Well, that wasn't so hard, was it? I would pay for her school fees even if she wants to study in space as long she shuts up and leave the police out of this'' Uncle 4 says

They all burst out laughing, the terms were agreed, the meeting was favourable to everyone except me. Charles who have been quite all this while was smiling too. They shook hands and shouted the family name. Uncle 2 speaks an adage. I did not care to listen. It felt like i was removed from the room and only hearing them from a distance.

Charles walks up to me and stretched his hand for a hand shake. We were friends once but not anymore. I tense, looked straight into his eyes and hauled myself at him, we scrambled to the floor, almost falling over the bottle of wine on the table. I stamped my teeth on his neck and bite as hard as i could. I heard him scream but it was nothing compared to how i screamed, he's hurt and bleeding but it's nothing compared to my pain and the way i bled.

They pull us apart, everyone in shock. I open the bottle of wine and took one big long gulp, I slammed the bottle on the table and laughed.

''I'm coming for you''

My last words before i stormed out of the room, a damaged woman.

Abandon your spirit by the door
and let your fears swallow you whole.
Give the monsters what they want
before they eat all of your soul.

lovely
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by PopoolaTaiwo(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2016
lolzzzz. u r d karma
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by XtremelyCoded(m): 8:02am On Sep 08, 2016
Cool
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by igbalodehunter(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2016
Nice startup.
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by stainless239(f): 8:41am On Sep 08, 2016
continue!!!
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by olatex25(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
Hmm.. "i am d karma".. Hmm.. Following..
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by SOPIGO: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2016
I love the sentence...." I AM KARMA ". Indeed, u better be karma... If not I will karma them for u.
Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by MrTeCO(m): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2016
MrsExplorer, I love you for who u are.....u have carefully mastered the art of Words and am glad to have read a piece of this onion unfolding gradually. more wisdom, more insights, more power....

you're one of the reasons am still hoping that one day the Nigerian Literature Section will come back fully to be acknowledged just like in the days.

you choice of words are on point, easy to digest and gives a clearer picture of what every learned man can understand. keep it up..... just lemme know anytime you need support in getting ur works in Print. Can't promise much but I'll sure support financially...... please kindly use the Message Box and I'll get back at you at once..... Nice Piece Of A Thriller

1 Like

Re: Blood On The Coat Hanger by millynels(f): 10:22am On Sep 08, 2016
jammy12:

Wow, Thanks for considering my opinion, really
This is awesome, please continue your story, am fully prepared to read and support you. Nice one dearie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Bode Asiyanbi Wins BBC Play-Writing Award / 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.