Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes (6768 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
MrMontella:

@the bolded is a big fat lie...

the serial killer and his killings,,the prostitute and her prostitution,,the armed robber and his robberby..
These three things stated above each have their undeniable evidences when they occur

And the millions of people who have passed out of life and back and experienced the horrors of hell are not undeniable evidences for themselves and a confirmation of what we are preaching? You are deceiving yourself. Moreover its not only christians that have experienced this. It includes people of various religious and cultural backgrounds who at the end of the day give their lives to Christ. You turn blind eyes to such testimonies because you want to keep deceiving yourself that hell is not real.

MrMontella:

Any rational human will see that an Eternal punishment for finite sins is a direct contradiction of an all loving and all merciful god..

eternal torment again..
But he is still all loving..

O yeah kindly show me where God told you in the bible that he is an all loving God and for that reason he cannot hate, he cannot be angry and he cannot punish people for their sins. You just created what you think you can use as an excuse but you are deceiving yourself.
If he did not state these things in the bible then you would ve scored a point by telling us that he is doing what he is not known to do in the bible.

MrMontella:

here the ideology behind the christian god is crushed by the christians themselves..
The bible claims he is all loving yet he can hate..
An all knowing god cannot have new emotions...like anger,,plain wickedness,,,

Where did the bible claim all loving and says that it means he cant be angry or punish?
All knowing doesnt mean that if he has forseen that you will sin he wouldnt be angry when you commit the sin. He has said he hates sin and frowns at it and he cannot change because of you. You dont want to change for God but you want him to change for you. How silly you reason. A creator changing for his creature. He is all knowing but there is still need for him to show us that he is angry when we sin. Or you want him to keep silence to sin because he is all knowing so that you will start feeling that he is very cool with us sinning?

MrMontella:

Any rational human will see that an Eternal punishment for finite sins is a direct contradiction of an all loving and all merciful god..

And what stops you from rejecting the finite sin so as to escape the infinite consequences if not for your undying love for the infinite sin? If humans like you are rejecting sin why not you? stop deceiving yourself bro you have no excuse.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:
OP... the fact that you are over coming Allah's hell does not mean it does not exist. Allah will still burn u blasphemy you spew every day the God has a son.

in my own opinion the two people that deserve hell are Yahweh and Allah.

The crap you people always present to defend yourself but we christians cant fall for your foolishness. When muslims are talking about God they are talking about the supreme being. Same goes for christians. The hell that both religions refer to is the one created by the supreme being. There is only one supreme God what differs is our views/approach. Moreover, the Koran acknowledges Moses, Abraham, Jesus and some other bible personalities as prophets of God. Our bible does not recognize their Muhammed at all talk more of calling him prophet of God. Now use your tongue and count your teeth if you are wise.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
MizJanet:

stop stammering with this imperishable , perishable , that body , it's that body e.t.c kind of words showing you ain't even sure what burns in this hell

tell me what exactly is that thing that burns in hell ?

Experience is the best teacher. Since you dont understand him, maybe experience will teach you better but i pray God saves you now so that you dont experience it. Amen.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
honourhim:

Experience is the best teacher. Since you dont understand him, maybe experience will teach you better but i pray God saves you now so that you dont experience it. Amen.

experience what exactly ?

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
MizJanet:

Christians are confuse set of people, some will tell you its spirit not soul , and if u say soul , where will the spirit go then ? care to clarify

the bomb is that according to their Bible , Matthew 10:28 says Body and soul go to Hell , but have you ever heard them preaching this ? its so clear that the verse is a LIE, the body doesn't go to any hell

Yes the body and the soul will be tormented in the lake of fire forever and ever after the final judgment as recorded in Revelations. Thats why the second ressurection will take place which is for sinners who are dead to be judged and cast into the lake of fire.
The talk about spirit/soul being tormented in hell is concerning sinners that are dead. The one of both body and soul is at the final judgment. Nobody is begging you to believe but whether you like it or not you will face it when the time comes if you dont repent. I dont paint words for people on this matter.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by ifenes(m): 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
honourhim:

Dont you have loved ones who are dead? Why didnt you kill yourself to die with them? And since they died dont you eat, laugh, merry, go to clubs and parties and live your life as if you never lost them?
Count your teeth with your tongue.

So you truly believe hell fire is real? You have a long way to go

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by ifenes(m): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
analice107:

Aren't you someone's loved one now? Are you considering the fact that you burning in hell will hurt your other loved ones?
Na wa for people and their reasoning.
Which ever way, if you reject Christ, when you die, you die without the spirit that shd enter into heaven, so you'll remain outside and that outside is hellfire.
Ifeness, like the OP said, you can't help it. You'll go there if you don't repent.

So you are trying to convince me that santa is real too? Too bad,an adult like yourself thinks hell is real. I cannot help you.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

Yes the body and the soul will be tormented in the lake of fire forever and ever after the final judgment as recorded in Revelations. Thats why the second ressurection will take place which is for sinners who are dead to be judged and cast into the lake of fire.

The talk about spirit/soul being tormented in hell is concerning sinners that are dead.

The one of both body and soul is at the final judgment. Nobody is begging you to believe but whether you like it or not you will face it when the time comes if you dont repent. I dont paint words for people on this matter.

see explanation , the one of , as if he is in a supermarket telling the prices of goods @ blue, @ red he is not even sure whether its spirit or soul all is spirit/soul that's what happen when you talk about fiction . where in your bible did you get the statements in red and blue ? soul/spirit is for dead sinners while body and soul is for final judgement . where ?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by americanigga(m): 12:18am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:
I have read several posts by atheists saying how they overcame the fear of hell fire and by so doing they conclude that no such thing as hell fire exists. Obviously they pick courage to make this claim on the background that the fear of hell fire is no more in them. Some christian organizations on their own took their message to a different level by agreeing that there is a lake of fire but that it will not burn eternally. Some others will tell you that God is so loving that he can burn people forever.

To the atheists, i want to let you know that overcoming the fear of something doesnt make that thing good or non existent.For example- A serial killer has overcome the fear of killing but that doesnt make killing good(anyway atheism preaches that any thing is good if we say its good). A prostitute has overcome the fear/shame of prostitution but that doesnt make it good. A thief/armed robber has overcome the fear of armed robbery but it is still bad. Overcoming the fear of these things does not mean that those who engage in them have escaped the consequences.
In the light of the above, it is obvious that to overcome the fear of hell fire does not mean that there is no more hell fire or that you wont end up there at last if you dont repent.You are only giving yourself a false hope which of course is temporary.

To the christians who preach the false message of no eternal torment, you are also giving yourself a false hope.You people are trying to paint a picture that will not be so scary to the unbelievers but the bible clearly stated it in various places that its an eternal punishment. Giving yourself false hope doesnt solve anything. God cannot raise billions of people up from the grave on the last day just for the purpose of judging and burning them off. Some of them died thousands upon thousands of years ago. Some died in a way that is more horrible way than just being burnt off by fire. If it was about wiping them out then they are already dead and gone so no point raising them up again. They are being raised up to come and face the eternal torment. It may sound painful and wicked to the unbelievers but thats the truth. Nobody is stopping anybody from being a believer.
For those who claim that a loving God cannot do that, pls remember that it is clearly written in the bible that God can love. He can hate. He is a God of vengeance. He is a consuming fire etc. The bible bears records of his acts that reflects these attributes so stop giving out false image of a loving God that cannot punish sinners.
Questions are welcome at this point.

when Jehova was talking all that he was talking to the children of Israel. He never mentioned Africa, europ or Americ. Do have any evidence of Jehava relating to African during the time of Abraham. What is our business with another countrys religion?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Deicide: 12:19am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

And i ask you- Dont you have loved ones who are dead? Why didnt you kill yourself to die with them? And since they died dont you eat, laugh, merry, go to clubs and parties and live your life as if you never lost them?

Stop being hypocritical bro

And what point are U trying to mk? I ain't the one that believe that am gonna see them again or Am I?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 12:19am On Aug 26, 2016
this people won't stop amazing me o, when their Lord said body and soul in hell , he no mean when they die as usually preached anymore it means after the final judgement . grin grin
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by 4kings: 12:23am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

And i ask you- Dont you have loved ones who are dead? Why didnt you kill yourself to die with them? And since they died dont you eat, laugh, merry, go to clubs and parties and live your life as if you never lost them?

Stop being hypocritical bro

What do u mean by "hypocritical"? undecided
To us, they're dead(gone or no longer in existence), not tormented in Hell, for what they did in their short life.
What do u also mean by "why didn't you kill yourself", don't u have emotions?, or it has been covered by Heaven and Hell? undecided

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 12:24am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:
this people won't stop amazing me o, when their Lord said body and soul in hell , he no mean when they die as usually preached anymore it means after the final judgement . grin grin

Just show me where Jesus said it will be when they die.
If it is about natural death then Jesus wouldnt be talking about sinners being destroyed in hell since both the righteous and the sinners die the natural death.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 12:27am On Aug 26, 2016
Deicide:

And what point are U trying to mk? I ain't the one that believe that am gonna see them again or Am I?

You see how you reason? I mean dont you mourn their death? Why dont you join them to die since you love them so much? Why do you have to be relieved of the impact of their death and starts laughing and merrying again after sometime as if you never lost any?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 12:35am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

Just show me where Jesus said it will be when they die.

so all the I die and go to Hell story na wash, aftrall Jesus didn't say people will go to hell when they die . interesting grin . more evidence that you guys just give baseless assumptions e.g the one of body and soul is final judgement grin , the one of spirit/soul is for dead sinners grin

If it is about natural death then Jesus wouldnt be talking about sinners being destroyed in hell since both the righteous and the sinners die the natural death.

so sinners are now Destroyed in hell not burning forever ? grin
grin

man , in what form do people go to this hell ?

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2016
americanigga:

when Jehova was talking all that he was talking to the children of Israel. He never mentioned Africa, europ or Americ. Do have any evidence of Jehava relating to African during the time of Abraham. What is our business with another countrys religion?

For God so love the WORLD that he gave his only begotten son that WHOSOEVER believeth in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
Does this statement say JEWS?

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 12:42am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:

so all the I die and go to Hell story na wash, aftrall Jesus didn't say people will go to hell when they die . interesting grin . more evidence that you guys just give baseless assumptions e.g the one of body and soul is final judgement grin , the one of spirit/soul is for dead sinners grin

[/color]

[color=purple]

so sinners are now Destroyed in hell not tormented ? grin

man , in what form do people go to hell ?

You are just trying to confuse things but its not me that you can do that to. I was trying to differentiate to you where body and soul comes into play.
The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a clear case of the dead sinner being tormented. That is the soul/spirit. The body remains in the grave and decompose to be made alive at the second resurrection for judgment and eternal torment. If you like pretend as if you dont understand the difference i am drawing. My points are clear.
They are tormented in hell fire. The reach man in hell said he is in torment. Jesus said it is a place where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. At another point he described it as a place of eternal torment.Which destruction is worse than eternal torment anyway?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by EyeHateGod: 12:47am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

You see how you reason? I mean dont you mourn their death? Why dont you join them to die since you love them so much? Why do you have to be relieved of the impact of their death and starts laughing and merrying again after sometime as if you never lost any?
Like I said what point are U trying to make? How does it relate to after life? How does it relate to what I said?

If I morn my lost ones here I know I won't see them again but U as a Christian know U would see them again weather in hell or in heaven but what if U mk heaven and they are in hell?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by EyeHateGod: 12:50am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

For God so love the WORLD that he gave his only begotten son that WHOSOEVER believeth in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
Does this statement say JEWS?

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 12:54am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

You are just trying to confuse things but its not me that you can do that to. I was trying to differentiate to you where body and soul comes into play.
The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a clear case of the dead sinner being tormented. That is the soul/spirit.

Really, that is the soul/spirit ?
But the text said the richman has a tongue and could taste water grin , grin . a spirit having a tongue, tongue a body part !

Touch your tongue, is it flesh or spirit ?

The body remains in the grave and decompose to be made alive at the second resurrection for judgment and eternal torment. If you like pretend as if you dont understand the difference i am drawing. My points are clear.

Body and soul in hell , he said " both" .. Not that soul go first and body join later , BODY AND soul in hell - Matthew 10:28 . its clear and direct . in another instance he said something along its better to have a body part gone than HAVE YOUR Whole Body in hell !

If that's the case, the body of humans should go to hell when it dies . is that happening ?

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 12:56am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a clear case of the dead sinner being tormented. That is the soul/spirit. The body remains in the grave and decompose to be made alive at the second resurrection for judgment and eternal torment. If you like pretend as if you dont understand the difference i am drawing. My points are clear.
They are tormented in hell fire. The reach man in hell said he is in torment. Jesus said it is a place where there is weeping and gnashing [size=28] of teeth. [/size] At another point he described it as a place of eternal torment.Which destruction is worse than eternal torment anyway?

@ bold , your imaginary souls HAVE TEETH ? grin
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 12:58am On Aug 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And did they receive him or kill him? Then when he resurrected from the dead and said go ye into the world and preach the gospel to ALL NATIONS baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy ghost, didnt you read that one and the numerous other places he spoke about his mission to the world? You didnt also read the ones that Paul wrote?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 1:01am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:

@ bold , your imaginary souls HAVE TEETH ? grin

You think your soul is just one shapeless thing different from you? Then you are missing it bigtime. Its exactly you as you are but not in the physical body. Thats just the difference.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by EyeHateGod: 1:02am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

And did they receive him or kill him? Then when he resurrected from the dead and said go ye into the world and preach the gospel to ALL NATIONS baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy ghost, didnt you read that one and the numerous other places he spoke about his mission to the world? You didnt also read the ones that Paul wrote?
Paul contradict Jesus a lot Some of those things Jesus Never said! It was just inserted there.

Go ye into the world? Was Jesus aware of a continent called Africa??
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 1:03am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

You think your soul is just one shapeless thing different from you? Then you are missing it bigtime. Its exactly you as you are but not in the physical body . Thats just the difference.

Mtchew, Teeth is not physical ?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 1:05am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:

Really, that is the soul/spirit ?
But the text said the richman has a tongue and could taste water grin , grin . a spirit having a tongue, tongue a body part !

Touch your tongue, is it flesh or spirit ?

Body and soul in hell , he said " both" .. Not that soul go first and body join later , BODY AND soul in hell - Matthew 10:28 . its clear and direct . in another instance he said something along its better to have a body part gone than HAVE YOUR Whole Body in hell !

If that's the case, the body of humans should go to hell when it dies . is that happening ?

I have given you the difference . You can keep pretending not to understand it at your own peril. I am not begging you to believe. Your spirit appears exactly as you are but the difference is that its not in the physical body. Your spirit is not different from you. It is the real you thats why when it leaves, your body becomes motionless and dead.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 1:09am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

I have given you the difference . You can keep pretending not to understand it at your own peril. I am not begging you to believe. Your spirit appears exactly as you are but the difference is that its not in the physical body . Your spirit is not different from you. It is the real you thats why when it leaves, your body becomes motionless and dead.

touch your tongue , is it Flesh or spirit ? Am not surprised though, too much of watching nollywood video editing of ghosts is clearly seen @ bold grin
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 1:16am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:

touch your tongue , is it Flesh or spirit ? Am not surprised though, too much of watching nollywood video editing of ghosts is clearly seen @ bold grin

Oh so in your belief a spirit is not supposed to have a tongue. How come the angels speak? They are spirits. God is a spirit, how come he speaks? Satan is a spirit how come he talks and will be tormented with his angels at last in the lake of fire? The demons that Jesus cast out in one the mad men he encountered screamed and asked Jesus why he has come to torment them. But demons are spirits. How come that some people that Jesus cast out demons from them when the demons were leaving they tore the persons garment and pushed him down. But they are spirits.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 1:20am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

Oh so in your belief a spirit is not supposed to have a tongue. How come the angels speak? They are spirits. God is a spirit, how come he speaks? Satan is a spirit how come he talks and will be tormented with his angels at lasting the lake of fire? The demon that Jesus cast one man screamed and asked Jesus why he has come to torment them. But demons are spirits.

Show me one single place in your bible that said this people u mention have tongue ?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 1:26am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:

Show me one single place that said this people u mention have tongue ?

O yeah now you are caught in the web i can see. You are now looking for cheap way of escape. Can you go through my post again then read what you wrote here to yourself and listen to yourself pls? I have clearly shown you that spirits can be tormented but you can keep pretending that you aint seeing it to your own peril. I am not forcing you to believe though
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 1:29am On Aug 26, 2016
honourhim:

O yeah now you are caught in the web i can see. You are now looking for cheap way of escape. Can you go through my post again then read what you wrote here to yourself and listen to yourself pls? I have clearly shown you that spirits can be tormented but you can keep pretending that you aint seeing it to your own peril. I am not forcing you to believe though

Provide proof ? grin o yeah you are caught in the web, is that what I asked you ?

Touch your tongue, is it Flesh or spirit ?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 1:38am On Aug 26, 2016
MizJanet:

Provide proof ? grin o yeah you are caught in the web, is that what I asked you ?

Touch your tongue, is it Flesh or spirit ?

I have told you that your spirit is exactly you but not in the physical. Asking me about tongue as if its not part of you makes no sense.

And may be you can explain to me how a spirit (God, angels etc.) can talk well without tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? / If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.