Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? (6775 Views)

5 Men Of God Who Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves. / . Muslims: Satan EATS Food With His Left Hand / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by braine(m): 1:02am On Mar 08, 2015
If Jesus sits at the right hand of God, who sits on the left? I thought this would be a good question. I asked a few people and other religious people and I got really funny answers.. One even said His wife. (Really?!) grin

There's not been any biblical reference to this question. So what you think?
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by elantraceey(f): 1:20am On Mar 08, 2015
You guys and your questions.

When you get to heaven you'll find out .undecided

1 Like

Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Mattpopson101: 1:20am On Mar 08, 2015
Why does Scripture emphasize the right hand of God?

right hand of God
Question: "Why does Scripture emphasize the right hand of God?"

Answer: The Scripture has several words translated "right" and the usage of the term, "right hand" ranges from a direction, to the opposite of wrong, what is just or what conforms to an established standard, and to a place of honor or authority. In the case of division or appointment in the Bible, the right hand or right side came first, as when Israel (Jacob) divided the blessings to Joseph's sons before he died (Genesis 48:13-14).

In addition, a person of high rank who put someone on his right hand gave him equal honor with himself and recognized him as possessing equal dignity and authority. And this is what the Apostle Paul writes of Jesus Christ in Ephesians. "And what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us, the ones believing according to the working of His mighty strength which He worked in Christ in raising Him from the dead, and He seated Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, far above all principality and authority and power and dominion, and every name being named, not only in this world, but also in the coming age" (Ephesians 1:19-21). Here we see God exalting Jesus above all others by seating Him at the right hand of the Father.

The term "God's right hand" in prophecy refers to the Messiah to whom is given the power and authority to subdue His enemies (Psalm 110:1; Psalm 118:16). We find a quote in Matthew 22:44 from Psalm 110:1, which is a Messianic Psalm. "The Son of David" is claimed by the LORD Jesus Christ as He is the "greater son of David" or the Messiah. In this passage of Matthew 22, Jesus questions the Pharisees about who they think the "Christ" or the Messiah is. "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? Whose son is He? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make Thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call Him Lord, how is He his son?" (Matthew 22:41-45, KJV). The position of the Messiah is at God's right hand.

The fact that Jesus Christ is at the "right hand of God" was a sign to the disciples that Jesus had indeed gone to heaven. In John 16:7-15, Jesus told the disciples that He had to go away and He would send the Holy Spirit. So the coming of the Holy Spirit in the upper room on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-13) was proof positive that Jesus was indeed in heaven seated at the right hand of God. This is confirmed in Romans 8:34 where the Apostle Paul writes that Christ is sitting at God's right hand making intercession for us.

Therefore, what we can say is that "God's right hand" refers to the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ and He is of equal position, honor, power and authority with God (John 1:1-5). The fact that Christ is "sitting" refers to the fact that His work of redemption is done and when the fullness of the gentiles is brought in (Romans 11:25), Christ's enemies will be made His footstool as the end of the age comes, all prophecy is completed, and time

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/right-hand-God.html

1 Like

Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Mattpopson101: 1:20am On Mar 08, 2015
For NL how many people go even reach heaven
elantraceey:

Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Mattpopson101: 1:23am On Mar 08, 2015
The heavenly hosts are on both his right hand and his left (2 Chron. 18:18; 1 Kings 22:19). God did not distinguish between left and right when he said through Isaiah, “This is the way, walk ye in it; when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left (30:21). The Old Testament describes walking in God’s will as turning “neither to the right hand or to the left” (Dt. 5:32, 17:11, 28:14; Josh. 1:7, 23:6; 2 Kings 22:2; 2 Chron. 34:2). Why, then, does the right hand always come in first and the left hand come in second? Perhaps the simplest reason is that most folks are right handed as a result of which we live in a right-handed world.

http://www.thywordistruth.com/questions/Question-428.html#.VPuV92iUet4
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:34am On Mar 08, 2015
Who will sit or who's sitting on the left hand? Let's wait till judgement day or can you go ahead and find out for us, @ op...**smiles**
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by braine(m): 1:39am On Mar 08, 2015
Mattpopson101:
The heavenly hosts are on both his right hand and his left (2 Chron. 18:18; 1 Kings 22:19). God did not distinguish between left and right when he said through Isaiah, “This is the way, walk ye in it; when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left (30:21). The Old Testament describes walking in God’s will as turning “neither to the right hand or to the left” (Dt. 5:32, 17:11, 28:14; Josh. 1:7, 23:6; 2 Kings 22:2; 2 Chron. 34:2). Why, then, does the right hand always come in first and the left hand come in second? Perhaps the simplest reason is that most folks are right handed as a result of which we live in a right-handed world.

http://www.thywordistruth.com/questions/Question-428.html#.VPuV92iUet4

Here you are basically saying the right hand = the left hand. Does that mean that Jesus is also on the left hand side?
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Mattpopson101: 1:44am On Mar 08, 2015
This Explains better

[b]The term "God's right hand" in prophecy refers to the Messiah to whom is given the power and authority to subdue His enemies (Psalm 110:1; Psalm 118:16). We find a quote in Matthew 22:44 from Psalm 110:1, which is a Messianic Psalm. "The Son of David" is claimed by the LORD Jesus Christ as He is the "greater son of David" or the Messiah. In this passage of Matthew 22, Jesus questions the Pharisees about who they think the "Christ" or the Messiah is. "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? Whose son is He? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make Thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call Him Lord, how is He his son?" (Matthew 22:41-45, KJV). The position of the Messiah is at God's right hand.

The fact that Jesus Christ is at the "right hand of God" was a sign to the disciples that Jesus had indeed gone to heaven. In John 16:7-15, Jesus told the disciples that He had to go away and He would send the Holy Spirit. So the coming of the Holy Spirit in the upper room on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-13) was proof positive that Jesus was indeed in heaven seated at the right hand of God. This is confirmed in Romans 8:34 where the Apostle Paul writes that Christ is sitting at God's right hand making intercession for us.

Therefore, what we can say is that "God's right hand" refers to the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ and He is of equal position, honor, power and authority with God (John 1:1-5). The fact that Christ is "sitting" refers to the fact that His work of redemption is done and when the fullness of the gentiles is brought in (Romans 11:25), Christ's enemies will be made His footstool as the end of the age comes, all prophecy is completed, and time
[/b]
braine:

Here you are basically saying the right hand = the left hand. Does that mean that Jesus is also on the left hand side?
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Must anybody sit on the left hand side?
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by nzeaji(m): 3:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Note, it says "right hand of God" , not "right hand SIDE of God".
Those are two different things.
Just like saying, your right hand man, this does not mean the guy standing/sitting to your right hand side, it means the person whom you have given authority to act on your accord with your full support.
God the Father has give Jesus Christ authority to trample upon serpents and scorpions ...... etc. These are not literal serpents (snakes as we know them) and scorpions.

In other words, God's right hand EQUALS God the Father's authority given to Christ, the Son.
My humble submission.
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Danhumprey: 6:54am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Hian! Of all people,you shoulda be in a better position to answer this question na.undecided
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by elantraceey(f): 6:55am On Mar 08, 2015
Danhumprey:
Hian! Of all people,you shoulda be in a better position to answer this question na.undecided

Lolz, why would you say that?
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Danhumprey: 7:22am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Lolz, why would you say that?
Are you not Jesus's daughter again?undecided
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Vicotex(m): 7:24am On Mar 08, 2015
All those oyakhilome wannabes who perm their hairs and changed their accent to americanah should follow. Start splitting your kids with your partners.
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by elantraceey(f): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Danhumprey:
Are you not Jesus's daughter again?undecided

Nope I'm not , I'm a joint heir with Jesus and also his sibling but I'm a daughter of God cheesy wink
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Nope I'm not , I'm a joint heir with Jesus and also his sibling but I'm a daughter of God cheesy wink

hmmm, who's God and who's Jesus? this girl needs to attend Sunday school this morning.
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by elantraceey(f): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
emrain:

hmmm, who's God and who's Jesus? this girl needs to attend Sunday school this morning.

They are one by two different personalities . Don't worry I'm not expecting you to understand smiley
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Danhumprey: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

@bolded,is this the Elantracey I know or is this a counterfeit?shockedshockedshocked
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by elantraceey(f): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Danhumprey:
@bolded,is this the Elantracey I know or is this a counterfeit?shockedshockedshocked

Its the same one and only church girl cheesy cheesy
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by tobechi20(m): 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
I do
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by braine(m): 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
nzeaji:
Note, it says "right hand of God" , not "right hand SIDE of God".
Those are two different things.
Just like saying, your right hand man, this does not mean the guy standing/sitting to your right hand side, it means the person whom you have given authority to act on your accord with your full support.
God the Father has give Jesus Christ authority to trample upon serpents and scorpions ...... etc. These are not literal serpents (snakes as we know them) and scorpions.

In other words, God's right hand EQUALS God the Father's authority given to Christ, the Son.
My humble submission.
This makes sense.

1 Like

Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 22, 2015
^^ so if right hand man is not to mean standing or sitting on the right hand, but somebody having your full support as the authority, i say that son of God is not son of God, but a terrible title to describe a fatherless man who is preaching 'Guidance of God' instructed him to tell his listeners.

humans are too loose to wrongly elevate much more than necessary while in reality disregarding the One Whose Rights they are hoisting on the one being elevated. by the way the Good News is not the Gospel preached because that is reconfirming the laws and orders of Moses. the Good News is heralding the coming of the one that will proclaim the Guidance of God to all man, not just the jewish tribal nations.

i am a follower of this one [SA].

to the top; the better question is if Jesus is sitting on the right Hand of God, are you saying that God is sitting on the left hand of Jesus? you see how humans elevating Jesus have been unjust to God Almighty?
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
braine:
If Jesus sits at the right hand of God, who sits on the left? I thought this would be a good question. I asked a few people and other religious people and I got really funny answers.. One even said His wife. (Really?!) grin
The answer to your question is found in Revelations 4.
1. Then I looked, and there before me was an open door in heaven. And I heard the same voice that spoke to me before. It was the voice that sounded like a trumpet. It said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.”
2 Immediately the Spirit took control of me, and there in heaven was a throne with someone sitting on it.
3 The one sitting there was as beautiful as precious stones, like jasper and carnelian. All around the throne was a rainbow with clear colors like an emerald.
4 In a circle around the throne were 24 other thrones with 24 elders sitting on them. The elders were dressed in white, and they had golden crowns on their heads.
5 Lightning flashes and noises of thunder came from the throne. Before the throne there were seven lamps burning, which are the seven Spirits of God.
6 Also before the throne there was something that looked like a sea of glass, as clear as crystal. In front of the throne and on each side of it there were four living beings. They had eyes all over them, in front and in back.
7 The first living being was like a lion. The second was like a bull. The third had a face like a man. The fourth was like a flying eagle.
8 Each of these four living beings had six wings. They were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day and night they never stopped saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God All-Powerful. He always was, he is, and he is coming.”
9 These living beings were giving glory and honor and thanks to the one who sits on the throne, the one who lives forever and ever. And every time they did this,
10 the 24 elders bowed down before the one who sits on the throne. They worshiped him who lives forever and ever. They put their crowns down before the throne and said,
11 “Our Lord and God! You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power. You made all things. Everything existed and was made because you wanted it.” - Revelations 4 vs 1 - 11
If you pay close attention to the prepositions used in John's depiction of the seating arrangement in Heaven, you will come to understand that God does not sit side-by-side with others in the throne room. undecided

Apart from Jesus Christ later getting a seat to the right of God, there is no mention of God giving a second seat by His throne to anyone else. undecided

1 Like

Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by TenQ: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
braine:

You should know the difference between literal and figurative expressions. "Right hand of" means exalted, important elevation of a person
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by braine(m): 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
TenQ:

You should know the difference between literal and figurative expressions. "Right hand of" means exalted, important elevation of a person

I wrote that like 8 years ago, bro. What did I know? cheesy cheesy
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Tboy222: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Angel michael stands on the left
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Kobojunkie: 7:14am On Feb 09, 2023
Tboy222:
Angel michael stands on the left
Stop lying! undecided undecided
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Feb 09, 2023
braine:
I wrote that like 8 years ago, bro. What did I know? cheesy cheesy
There is nothing "figurative" about what the Father said and what Jesus Christ also said regarding who sits to the right of the Father and of Him given that the throne of God is not figurative, same as that of Jesus Christ . undecided
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Tboy222: 7:20am On Feb 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided undecided

He who stands before the lord continually
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by Kobojunkie: 7:25am On Feb 09, 2023
Tboy222:
He who stands before the lord continually
There is no mention of such a kne standing before God continually... stop lying abeg and lies will leave you! undecided
Re: If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? by sonmvayina(m): 8:08am On Feb 09, 2023
First and foremost God has no physical form..

Secondly God is the universe itself..

Thirdly God has no literal son..

Fourthly God is all powerful and everywhere..

Lastly God is the universal divine conciouseness....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" / Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.