Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

“My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. (24372 Views)

Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome / Housewife Caught With Lover At Home, Beats Up Husband / Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by PAnaceA7(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
The violent take it by force does not mean you should be aggressive... Let's take this example, A very loyal Son asks his Dad for something and the dad refuse due to some reason best known to him, if the boy then decide to take it by force against his father's wish, how would the father see the boy..Would he say, O my son u've done well or he would rebuke him (food for thought).

That you prayed for 1hour, raising your voice to the extent of losing it when you are not in church does not mean that my 20mins prayer won't get the desired result.

2 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
Okay.
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Adecks01(m): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
What of U........:......:...:...?
Just asking
Mrjo:
Thats the mind set of so many christians in nigeria they dont knw hw to talk to their father heaven.
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by hamrof(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
YEEEEEEEEEPA EGBAMI O OLUWA OOOOOO HOW DO I PLACE SMILEYS ON MY COMMENTS HERE .....make me self shout so dem go know.....
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
bethyz:
The woman is under her husband she should better listen and reduce the noise in her prayers or get thrown out of the house. Is not about prayer anymore. God doesn't answer prayer when you are loud or quite. It's up to him. You can pray for years about somthing and it won't happen. If she can't listen to her husband ,how will God listen to her. By obeying her husband may just answer her prayers. Lititle obedience.

Bro, 1 crate of origin for u! Be submissive to your husband and definitely ur prayers will get answered, stop disturbing his peace.
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Mrjo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Adecks01:
What of U........:......:...:...? Just asking
i pray with my heart nt mouth cus is loudess
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by crackhouse(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
She always spend her time in the church but she have time to read this page huh?
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Nyceguy92: 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
I hate noisy and long prayers, especially when you are not the only one in the vicinity.
Prayer should not be an excuse to cause discomfort to others.

I had this roommate in the uni who was a nuisance due to his noisy early morning praying.
Sometimes I thought he was actually having convulsions because of all those kakakaka sound.

OP, please tell your wife to pray more solemnly and to the points.

1 Like

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by blazer234: 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
chocodaviva:
Eeyah Sowi abt d uncomfortable circumstances but be thankful u v got a praying wife ....... Reason wir her more on her volume .... Or she. Can pick days to pray so dat u will knw when to expect d noise ......

Madam I commend u but note if ur husband breaks down cos of lack of sleep or bad sleeping posture I will blame urslf afteeall d Bible says whenever u want to pray go into ur room. , bolt ur day nd pray to ur God in secret nd he will answer u..... Prayer is a request made to God from d heart nt a thing u say to disturb pples peace .....

Jehovah will hlp u wit more understanding to settle this issue amicably.....

The woman is a stupid woman. Simple and short. She lacks wisdom and I see her paying heavily for her stupidity soon.

1 Like

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by blazer234: 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
RealJaneDoe:
As if she's fighting with God lol
Jacob wrestled with angels to get his miracle.

#TheViolentTakeItByForce

You are praising stupidity

3 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Lilimax(f): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
Prayer is good ; personally I dont usually do silent prayers but I apply moderation when doing so. I should not disturb people around me with my prayers embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Mendelssohn(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
oginga:
@op we are on the same page, my other half cast, bound, destroy, return and as well burn by fire.

Her prayer carries more curses than anyone can imagine. Just this morning I was forced to open my eyes while we were praying.....In her words "anyone dragging position of financial director with my husband should die by fire, thunder strike all those against my husbands promotion in Jesus name ".

Op please let her continue, it helps in critical times.

And you are happy about that? How would you feel if the wives of your co-contestants are also saying thesame prayer since you are not the sole candidate for the position?

6 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by blazer234: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
zubbyenebeli:
Could be d big reason you are alive u know

Abeg stop your nonsense. The man is unable to sleep at night because of disturbance. He has to leave home by 4am and has to sleep in the car at times and wake up with backache. And you see that as right?

It is clear they Dont teach you guys wisdom in your church. Your pastor (or whoever is preaching nonsense doctrine to you) should go back to Bible school.

4 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by blazer234: 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
joedams:
The kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force.

The kind of force that will prevent other people from sleeping, abi? You have been fed with false doctrine in your church.

2 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
RealJaneDoe:

#TheViolentTakeItByForce

Read your bible very well ooooo

He wasnt shouting up and down @ nyt oooo

He fought the Lord in his dream and held God to a stalemate till dawn. That was when Jah now blessed him cos he has a strong spirit, not a loud mouth!

2 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
Francon:
War room things. Not surprise though.

Why must she shout? Is your God deaf? A sincere and humble prayer from the heart will do. Smh
ah, wardroom is not your bedroom. If she's at war it doesn't involve her husband, let her take it to the Lord in prayer at a corner somewhere.

Cursing Prayers......

1 Like

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
RealJaneDoe:

#TheViolentTakeItByForce

that's the thing. you can't fight God but you can fight angels.(do it at your own risk sha)
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
A Poem

She kneels to pray,
A soul is stirred.
The heat is up,
The chips won't just stay down.

Think of it this way: She's having to spiritually fend for herself alone, and it's not the way you (the head of the house) want it. By my little understanding, the head of the house is responsible for teaching his house the ways of the Lord, it's a responsibility-not just mere obligation. That said, if for any reason you're not always around to do the teaching, the house ( your woman in this case) would find someone somewhere to do the teaching instead, chances are that she gets it all jumbled up. She's praying that way because she has convinced herself that it's the way to do it, and you're suffering for it. Not to say much, you've got to do your homework, fix what needs to be fixed, teach her the way it's supposed to be done (she wouldn't refuse unless she wants to destroy her home), don't force it, teach it. Remember, the husband shall be the head of the home just as Christ is the head of the church.
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by daveP(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
For 3 decades now, mumc dey use a tolerable tone to pray wen popc dey sleep, and God don answer all er prayers.

1 Like

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by 9t9jacobs: 11:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Just negodi.. some people dey even threaten God. Chaii..my FATHER my FATHER you are truly a merciful God, if na me...hmm

1 Like

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Nancy2016: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
oginga:
@op we are on the same page, my other half cast, bound, destroy, return and as well burn by fire.

Her prayer carries more curses than anyone can imagine. Just this morning I was forced to open my eyes while we were praying.....In her words "anyone dragging position of financial director with my husband should die by fire, thunder strike all those against my husbands promotion in Jesus name ".

Op please let her continue, it helps in critical times.

That's a terrible way to pray. Our Lord is a merciful God and you cannot call on him to cause harm to other people. I wish the pastors of these new generation churches would stop promoting this primitive way of praying.
If the wife of the man in the op's story was busy with work or running a business, she won't have time to spend the whole day at church. She will probably be tired and not wake up her husband with her loud prayers. Idleness is terrible. She has been so brainwashed she now considers her husband to be a demon.

3 Likes

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by bikefab(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Lol grin
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by zionwest(m): 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
Philinho:
join her in that prayer n stop complaining.perhaps, her prayer is y you're still alive. you gain but not aware
haba!!!.....after a long day at work..na wa o...
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by stuntman007: 12:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Every aboki with me own kettle.

My colleague confided in me that he has only had set with his wife only 6times this year for this same reason. Though he didn't say it was loud, but can be very lengthy. Each time he tries it with her, she goes "wait let me finish my prayers". By the time she's done praying he would av fallen asleep. And most times she's not even in the mood.

I wouldn't believe him if I wasn't seeing a broken guy in him.

Prayer is a good thing, but don't let it crash your marriage. I am sure even God won't be happy with that.
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Since her prayers disturb you,whenever she starts just go to another room and sleep,except you live in a room..

Sister, why u dey talk like this na? So u no know say u fit dey for another room for the same flat, make person loud prayer for another room dey disturb ur sleep?

Bros, just sit her down and talk to her sensibly! Let her understand ur predicament and reason with u!

U no marry, dem go talk. U marry, na another wahala!!

#All these woman wahala wey I dey read for NL since today sef, na wao
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by chronique(m): 12:59am On Aug 26, 2016
I can relate very well with this man's problem. I once had that experience. Some years ago,I took in a friend who was homeless and jobless at that time,to come live with me. I knew him from high school days and he always had issues wth him mum and his step father.
This dude was looking for a job then,and was undergoing training where he was expecting employment. I used to give him transport fare to go for the training,and of course,feed him. He was sleeping in the same room with me. I think I was job hunting then too,and used to go for interviews and all,and come home late. I had sleeping disorder then(used to find it difficult to sleep,and wouldn't sleep till daybreak,if my sleep is disturbed). When we want to sleep at night,this dude will start with his prayers and his voice would be very loud. If I complain about it,he wouldn't answer me,but would even increase his voice,and start praying against any demon disturbing his prayers. Sometimes,I'd leave the room and go sleep in the living room. One day,he was at his usual madness at night and my mum got upset and came to our room and told him that God will judge if it's a bad thing I did by housing him,and he's paying me back by not allowing me to sleep. The next day,he stopped greeting me,and went as far as not greeting my elder sister. He also stopped eating food we cooked at home. The general rule in the compound then,was that the gate gets locked by 10pm but he'd come back by past 10 or 11pm and we'd go beg for the gate to be opened for him(not all of us had the key). The day he left my house,he left very early around 5am without telling anybody he was leaving. Fortunately,I was awake but still laying on the bed like I was sleeping and there was no light. Dude was about closing the door behind him,when I called out from the room and asked him if that was how he entered the house,that he didn't even have the decency to tell me he was leaving...

My point is that,there are very terrible christians who pray without applying their brains,and do not take other people's well being and comfort into consideration. If this woman's husband sends her packing now,she'd blame it on the devil,and refuse to admit her stupidity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by kid7soccer(m): 1:06am On Aug 26, 2016
MaBuk:
Even after a renowned man of God said you should seek for a wife who can pray for hours, this man is not proud of his own whose prayers can even bring a building down, according to him.

Sharing his uncomfortable ordeal with break or make up, he nagged that his spouse prays too loud at night and disrupts his sleep.

He also says he goes to work early and returns late, yet his wife’s prayers will keep him from sleeping on time because they are too long and loud, as if she is ‘fighting with God‘.

i read the guy post, i have to say the guy is not border about the prayers but the noise. Must she shout so loud that he has to sleep in his car not even his palour. Seriously, she taking thing too far. The guy should located her pastor ASAP cause with her calling him demon and him not sleeping he may loose his tempar and the rest will be history
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by kid7soccer(m): 1:10am On Aug 26, 2016
chronique:
I can relate very well with this man's problem. I once had that experience. Some years ago,I took in a friend who was homeless and jobless at that time,to come live with me. I knew him from high school days and he always had issues wth him mum and his step father.
This dude was looking for a job then,and was undergoing training where he was expecting employment. I used to give him transport fare to go for the training,and of course,feed him. He was sleeping in the same room with me. I think I was job hunting then too,and used to go for interviews and all,and come home late. I had sleeping disorder then(used to find it difficult to sleep,and wouldn't sleep till daybreak,if my sleep is disturbed). When we want to sleep at night,this dude will start with his prayers and his voice would be very loud. If I complain about it,he wouldn't answer me,but would even increase his voice,and start praying against any demon disturbing his prayers. Sometimes,I'd leave the room and go sleep in the living room. One day,he was at his usual madness at night and my mum got upset and came to our room and told him that God will judge if it's a bad thing I did by housing him,and he's paying me back by not allowing me to sleep. The next day,he stopped greeting me,and went as far as not greeting my elder sister. He also stopped eating food we cooked at home. The general rule in the compound then,was that the gate gets locked by 10pm but he'd come back by past 10 or 11pm and we'd go beg for the gate to be opened for him(not all of us had the key). The day he left my house,he left very early around 5am without telling anybody he was leaving. Fortunately,I was awake but still laying on the bed like I was sleeping and there was no light. Dude was about closing the door behind him,when I called out from the room and asked him if that was how he entered the house,that he didn't even have the decency to tell me he was leaving...

My point is that,there are very terrible christians who pray without applying their brains,and do not take other people's well being and comfort into consideration. If this woman's husband sends her packing now,she'd blame it on the devil,and refuse to admit her stupidity.
nice. Your so on point
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Cas1741: 1:21am On Aug 26, 2016
My question to all these prayer warriors is simple if God is all knowing, omnipotent, omnipresent, alfa and omega, the beginning and the end, has no hearing challenges, knows all your problems, should I continue. .., if he is all these, why insult his sensibilities with nagging, yes, certain prayers are raised to the level of nagging, why the nagging? How many of us will allow our children to beg for ever before we grant their requests. If we are not that heartless, why do you think you have to scream and shout endlessly before the Almighty, loving and ever forgiving father can hear you. I know the answer, you are hiding under religion to cover your ignoramus, wickedness, and the good for nothing person in you, insensitive, unrealistic, quarrelsome and pure evil person, simple.
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Bobbyzain(m): 1:28am On Aug 26, 2016
RealJaneDoe:

#TheViolentTakeItByForce
She is Jacob now abi?
And the angels are now God, ehn?
Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Seahawk: 1:43am On Aug 26, 2016
I find such people very annoying

1 Like

Re: “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. by Miles300: 3:51am On Aug 26, 2016
RealJaneDoe:

#TheViolentTakeItByForce
that was in a dream not in reality ..he fought with the angel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? / Adam Nuru Paternity Scandal: FCMB Silent On Probe 70 Days Since Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.