Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex (3767 Views)

My Reply To Uduaghan - Prof. Pat Utomi / A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Why Is President Buhari's Speech Plagiarism Such A Big Deal?__by Lord Kabex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by flamingREED(m): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ngozi123:

If the righteous won't involve themselves in politics then it'll leave the wicked ones to effectively rule over everyone without any protest. That is the reason why Nigeria is in the mess that it is today. Too many good people shy away from politics, either thinking that their absence will make no difference or that they needn't involve themselves in the affairs of the people. We as Christians should fight for the Christian values of equality, fairness and justice in every aspect of our lives. I can't just sit back and watch this country devour itself. Remember that there are two types of evil: those who commit evil acts and those who allow others to commit evil without any protest. I pray for the world and its people but that doesn't stop me from actively trying to make a change in the world too.

You're on your own o.

We can convert those in power
If we're serious
For the common good,
Just as God used Peter and Paul to convert Cornelius and Paulus.
Philip also converted the Ethiopian eunuch.
Luke wrote to the most excellent Theophilus.
These they achieved because they were serious.

But to tell me to go into politics, nah, sister.

No disciple did it; no apostle encouraged it;
Jesus ran away from it.
Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ngozi123:

Listen, brother, I feel that you've completely missed the point here. Where in my post did I mention the word 'begotten'? I gave you evidence from the Gospels of Matthew and John that point to Jesus saying that He is the actual Son of God, not metaphorically speaking. I've already read your replies to me so I know what you've said. I really get the impression that you're clutching at straws here so I'll reiterate what I said before: read the whole of John 14 for clarification on this matter. Remember that it is from the same book that you used to defend your stance.

Like I said before, if you accept Jesus only as a prophet then that is what He'll be to you. However, if you accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour then He will save you from your sins.

By the way, the only Bible that has the word 'begotten' in it is the KJV and it is regarded as the oldest and thus most accurate English translation. The word doesn't only have sexual connotations; 'to beget' means to 'bring forth (a child) through reproduction, which is not always related to sex. It could also mean 'to cause or bring about something'. So, both meanings are to do with 'bringing something into fruition'.

Like I said, Jesus said that He is in the Father (who both Muslims and Christians recognise as God), and the Father is in Him. Is this not a blasphemous comment to make? He allowed a man to worship Him and yet He was not punished by God. His disciple, Simon Peter, called Him his Saviour and instead of chastising him for this supposedly blasphemous comment, in your view, He rewarded him by making him the first warden of the Church. Why do you keep avoiding these questions?

Human beings are made of flesh and bones – They are not the same. Human beings require to eat – God does not require to eat, to survive – They are not the same. And this is testified by Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, himself in the Gospel of Luke, Chapter No. 24, Verse No. 36 to 39.

He says that… ‘Behold my hands and feet – Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ He says… ‘Behold my hands and feet – Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ And he gave his hands, and they saw, and they were overjoyed. And he said that… ‘Do you have any meat to eat ?’ And they gave him broiled fish and a piece of honeycomb – And he ate . To prove what? That he was God?

To prove that he was not God. He ate, and he is flesh and bones – A spirit has got no flesh and bones. This proves that it is scientifically not possible that Father, son and Holy Ghost – Father, Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, and Holy Ghost, is Almighty God.

"I can of my own self do nothing – As I hear, I judge and my judgement is just, for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father.’ Anyone who says… ‘Not my will but God’s will’ – he is a Muslim. Muslim means the person who submits his’ will to almighty God. Jesus Christ peace be upon him said…‘Not my will but God’s will.’ He was a Muslim – and he was Alhamdulillah, one of the mightiest messengers of God.
Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by Ngozi123(f): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
flamingREED:

You're on your own o.

We can convert those in power
If we're serious
For the common good,
Just as God used Peter and Paul to convert Cornelius and Paulus.
Philip also converted the Ethiopian eunuch.
Luke wrote to the most excellent Theophilus.
These they achieved because they were serious.

But to tell me to go into politics, nah, sister.

No disciple did it; no apostle encouraged it;
Jesus ran away from it.

If going into politics is what it takes to help as many people as possible then I believe that it is good, so long as you don't debase yourself. I personally am not interested in becoming a politician; I just enjoy having political debates with people. I'm actually more interested in humanitarian work irl and would rather do that than become an MP, for example.

However, growing up in a politically literate household and speaking face to face with politicians over here, I've learnt that politicians can do a lot of good for a lot of people so it is important for righteous people to enter that field as many lives are at risk here. In the UK, for example, we have a party who couldn't care less about the poor and disabled and have decided to reduce the benefits they receive. If someone was to come in and introduce policies that would improve their lives, wouldn't that be classed as 'good'?
Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by flamingREED(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ngozi123:

If going into politics is what it takes to help as many people as possible then I believe that it is good, so long as you don't debase yourself. I personally am not interested in becoming a politician; I just enjoy having political debates with people. I'm actually more interested in humanitarian work irl and would rather do that than become an MP, for example.

However, growing up in a politically literate household and speaking face to face with politicians over here, I've learnt that politicians can do a lot of good for a lot of people so it is important for righteous people to enter that field as many lives are at risk here. In the UK, for example, we have a party who couldn't care less about the poor and disabled and have decided to reduce the benefits they receive. If someone was to come in and introduce policies that would improve their lives, wouldn't that be classed as 'good'?

My data is low.

Till Some Other Time.

1 Like

Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by akinszz: 5:39am On Aug 28, 2016
Na mohammodu now...
nairalife2013:
Facts tells me that Christians follow d orders of jesus not the orders of david or moses or paul in the bible. Thatz why Christians are merciful and forgiving and woud rather love thier enemies and turn the other cheek than commit inhumane actions. Op, pls just answer me dis one question: whose orders do moslems follow?

1 Like

Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by Ngozi123(f): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2016
FriendChoice:

Human beings are made of flesh and bones – They are not the same. Human beings require to eat – God does not require to eat, to survive – They are not the same. And this is testified by Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, himself in the Gospel of Luke, Chapter No. 24, Verse No. 36 to 39.

He says that… ‘Behold my hands and feet – Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ He says… ‘Behold my hands and feet – Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ And he gave his hands, and they saw, and they were overjoyed. And he said that… ‘Do you have any meat to eat ?’ And they gave him broiled fish and a piece of honeycomb – And he ate . To prove what? That he was God?

To prove that he was not God. He ate, and he is flesh and bones – A spirit has got no flesh and bones. This proves that it is scientifically not possible that Father, son and Holy Ghost – Father, Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, and Holy Ghost, is Almighty God.

"I can of my own self do nothing – As I hear, I judge and my judgement is just, for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father.’ Anyone who says… ‘Not my will but God’s will’ – he is a Muslim. Muslim means the person who submits his’ will to almighty God. Jesus Christ peace be upon him said…‘Not my will but God’s will.’ He was a Muslim – and he was Alhamdulillah, one of the mightiest messengers of God.

Matthew 28:16-20

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Your point about a spirit not being to eat is true but what you fail to acknowledge is that Jesus is both fully human and divine. This is the reason why God gave Him a human mother, so that he could be connected with us in such a way that He could perform the perfect sacrifice for us. Jesus said those things to his disciples to prove that He is alive and well, not just a spirit, as some of them thought. This wasn't done to prove that He wasn't God but to prove that He was God.

Luke 24:25-26
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luke 24:44
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

He did all of those things to prove to them that all of the prophecies concerning Him, the Messiah, Our Saviour, had come to pass. Read Daniel 9:26-27, Isaiah 53:1-3 and Zechariah 14:9 for some of the Messianic prophecies. Did you even read the entirety of the Luke 24?
Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ngozi123:

Matthew 28:16-20

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Your point about a spirit not being to eat is true but what you fail to acknowledge is that Jesus is both fully human and divine. This is the reason why God gave Him a human mother, so that he could be connected with us in such a way that He could perform the perfect sacrifice for us. Jesus said those things to his disciples to prove that He is alive and well, not just a spirit, as some of them thought. This wasn't done to prove that He wasn't God but to prove that He was God.

Luke 24:25-26
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luke 24:44
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

He did all of those things to prove to them that all of the prophecies concerning Him, the Messiah, Our Saviour, had come to pass. Read Daniel 9:26-27, Isaiah 53:1-3 and Zechariah 14:9 for some of the Messianic prophecies. Did you even read the entirety of the Luke 24?

(17) They worshipped him—i.e., (fell prostrate
at His feet. from commentary of Bible)

Did David worship Saul when he prostrated his face down to the ground before him?Let's look at the following verses:

1 Samuel 24
7 With these words David rebuked his men and did
not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the
cave and went his way.
8 Then David went out of the cave and called out to
Saul, "My lord the king! " When Saul looked behind
him, David bowed down and prostrated himself
with his face to the ground

2 Samuel 14:4
4 When the woman from Tekoa went to the king,
she fell with her face to the ground to pay him honor and she said, "Help me, O king!"

These shows they simply honor Jesus (Pbum) also. But if you still say no. I challenge you to provide a single an unambiguous, unequivocal statement in the complete Bible where Jesus (Pbum) himself said I am God worship me

SECONDLY: Jesus is man and spirit.

Bible says that God is not man

‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)

‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible

‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40) ‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

FINALLY: You write the verse bellow Luke 24:44

Luke 24:44 "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Do you know believe to use the verses of old testament since it says " The law must be fulfilled

Similarly: Mathew 5:16

New International Version

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

Looking forward for your answers.
Re: Reply To Those Who Say Islam Must Be Banned For Zamfara's Murder_ By Lord Kabex by Ngozi123(f): 10:08am On Aug 31, 2016
FriendChoice:

(17) They worshipped him—i.e., (fell prostrate
at His feet. from commentary of Bible)

Did David worship Saul when he prostrated his face down to the ground before him?Let's look at the following verses:

1 Samuel 24
7 With these words David rebuked his men and did
not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the
cave and went his way.
8 Then David went out of the cave and called out to
Saul, "My lord the king! " When Saul looked behind
him, David bowed down and prostrated himself
with his face to the ground

2 Samuel 14:4
4 When the woman from Tekoa went to the king,
she fell with her face to the ground to pay him honor and she said, "Help me, O king!"

These shows they simply honor Jesus (Pbum) also. But if you still say no. I challenge you to provide a single an unambiguous, unequivocal statement in the complete Bible where Jesus (Pbum) himself said I am God worship me

There is a difference between simply prostrating for someone and worshipping them, hence the distinction in the Bible. I'm yet to see where it actually mentions someone worshipping another prophet without that prophet being punished, see Moses as a case study.

I've already quoted this passage but I will do it again:
Matthew 16:15-17

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

'Christ' means Messiah, which means 'Saviour', therefore Peter is acknowledging that not only is Jesus our Saviour and Mighty Redeemer, but also the actual Son of God. He is both Son of man and Son of God. Notice how in the Bible, many prophets are referred to as the Son of man but none, not one is referred to as the 'Son of God'. This is why Christians say that He is both fully human and fully divine.

SECONDLY: Jesus is man and spirit.

Bible says that God is not man

‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)

‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible

‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40) ‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

Did you purposely skip the part where Jesus directly refers to the Holy Trinity?

I will quote it again for you so you won't miss it:
Matthew 28:19

This is actually what Jesus said so I ask you, why don't Muslims baptise themselves in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost? You can say whatever you like about this version or that version of the Bible. You can even say that Jesus was speaking metaphorically when He says that He is the Son of God. However, if that was the case then why would He ask his followers to baptise themselves in His name? Wouldn't that be blasphemy if He truly wasn't the Son of God? Why would you, as a Muslim, revere a supposedly blasphemous prophet?

FINALLY: You write the verse bellow Luke 24:44

Luke 24:44 "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Do you know believe to use the verses of old testament since it says " The law must be fulfilled

Similarly: Mathew 5:16

New International Version

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

Looking forward for your answers.

I'm not exactly sure on what you're trying to say with regards to the italicised but if it was something to the extent of "do you believe in the Old Testament" then my answer is "yes, I believe in both the Old and New Testaments", just like most Christians. My reason being for that passage that you've mentioned in Matthew 5:16.
However, what you fail to realise is that Jesus Christ's Perfect Sacrifice, opened a new gateway for us. Prior to His crucifixion, people could not go up to Heaven. Even the prophets could not achieve such a feat as no man was without sin, hence, the prophet Elijah and the other prophets were waiting for Jesus in order to go up to Heaven once that sacrifice was made. This is why the Jews do not believe that people go to Heaven. In essence, the 'death' that is written in the Old Testament is not the same 'death' that is written in the New Testament. Death in the Old Testament refers mostly to physical death, however, death in the New Testament is to be condemned to Spiritual Death.

I'm not sure if you've read the Bible much but this is what Jesus says before He goes to raise Lazarus from the dead:
John 11:11

11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Note that he doesn't actually say that Lazarus has died. This is because there are two kinds of death: physical death and spiritual death. The Old Testament refers to the former mostly whilst the New Testament refers to the latter. This actually all stems from Adam and Eve in the Book of Genesis with regards to the Tree of Life. I could go on but I don't want my post to become a short dissertation. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Flees As Governors Take Over His Duties - Deji Adeyanju / NIN Registeration Of David Nwamini Allage 15yrs Kidney Donor. / Barcanista Receiving It Hot From Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.