Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? (436 Views)

Nigerians Spent N3.66trn On Calls, Data In Two Years — NCC / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? by Pressclix(m): 3:15am On Aug 26, 2016
This country called Nigeria is already experiencing tough economic hardship, economic recession and the truth remain increase in taxation will reduce consumption pattern of Consumers. Everything is on the high side right now...

PRESSCLIX.COM | BEST NAIJA TECH BLOG
For your information, the Federal Government of Nigeria is considering passing a bill called the Communication Service Tax CST bill into Law. The bill which seeks to levy 9% on subscribers for the use of the various communication services.

The services includes, voice call, SMS, MMS, Data usage from telecommunication service providers, internet service providers and Pay TV Stations.

The Minister of Communication, Shittu disclosed this in a recent meeting held in Lagos by the Lagos Chambers of Commerce Industry.
I am not in supports of this bill at all… This is hardship redefine… Will you as a subscriber willing to pay 9% tax on calls you make, SMS you send and data you use in browsing?
Re: Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? by gabinogem(m): 5:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Soon we'll pay tax for breathing... Useless government.

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? by muhrash(m): 6:11am On Aug 26, 2016
Nigeria reciprocated England in the matter of living,very soon nigerians can survive anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2016
Pressclix:
This country called Nigeria is already experiencing tough economic hardship, economic recession and the truth remain increase in taxation will reduce consumption pattern of Consumers. Everything is on the high side right now...

PRESSCLIX.COM | BEST NAIJA TECH BLOG
For your information, the Federal Government of Nigeria is considering passing a bill called the Communication Service Tax CST bill into Law. The bill which seeks to levy 9% on subscribers for the use of the various communication services.

The services includes, voice call, SMS, MMS, Data usage from telecommunication service providers, internet service providers and Pay TV Stations.

The Minister of Communication, Shittu disclosed this in a recent meeting held in Lagos by the Lagos Chambers of Commerce Industry.
I am not in supports of this bill at all… This is hardship redefine… Will you as a subscriber willing to pay 9% tax on calls you make, SMS you send and data you use in browsing?
national information development levy has similar trait. well it is left for us to decide because these were the issues raised by most gsm operators on multi tax system.

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Willing To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS & Data You Use? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2016
muhrash:
Nigeria reciprocated England in the matter of living,very soon nigerians can survive anywhere.
England is far better because their government utilize revenue generated but ours are corrupt.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Set Up A Yahoo Account On My Blackberry Z30 / Facts To Consider Before Upgrading To A New Mobile Device . / Pls See What My Phone Is Showing Me After Restore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.