Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,255 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Happy Independence? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence? (8378 Views)

Happy Independence Day!. (photos) / Happy Independence Day:Nigeria Is 54 / Post Your Happy Independence Nigeria....picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Independence? by bidemi12(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2009
July 4th done pass now. which one be happy independence again? grin
Re: Happy Independence? by MUNEER2(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria got her independence at the time she could not even spell her name, I'm not suprised she is still struggling to spell her name at 49.
Re: Happy Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
Fuc.k the independence bullshit!
Useless nation!
Re: Happy Independence? by denony(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2009
I pledge to Nigeria my Country

to be faithful, loyal and honest

to serve nigeria with all my strenght

and to defend her unity

to uphold her honour and glory

so help me GOD

grin  grin  grin  grin
I pledge to Biafra my country

To be Proud, bold and successful

To have my republic of Biafra

So that i will stop experiencing the slavery of Nigeria

to defend my fellow Biafrans

To uphold this blessed republic

so help me God

THE ONLY SOLUTION
grin  shocked  shocked  shocked

am waiting for the bullets grin coming from different angles, but who cares  lipsrsealed
Re: Happy Independence? by ifelekan1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Independent , But Let's Pray for the Country @ ALL
Re: Happy Independence? by FBS: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2009
Re: Happy Independence? by Danzoe(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
@sammaking,my big bros, thank you so much 4 ur words to the people of our dear country. Hope you hav gone out 4 Reachout. For us 2 see what we want in Nigeria, We must begin to speak good of our country b/cos all things are made by words
Re: Happy Independence? by jaguarbaba(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2009
nothing to show that nigeria is happy.
Re: Happy Independence? by chosen04(f): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
Danzoe:

@sammaking,my big bros, thank you so much 4 your words to the people of our dear country. Hope you hav gone out 4 Reachout. For us 2 see what we want in Nigeria, We must begin to speak good of our country b/cos all things are made by words

Danzoe,

U need LOUD SPEAKER? I hope its not to speak out abt ur ill gotten wealth or looted funds.
Re: Happy Independence? by moseshola(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria is a wobbling giant resulting from an unholy matrimony between a northern gentleman an a southern lady of means. she has suffered greatly like any child given birth to in a  family where there is so much rancor and bitterness. This has affected her psych and  economic growth, though she has steadily increased in size, because she lack basic food nutrient she has remained an infant even at 49 years old. The truth is that we have very little to celebrate in Nigeria, she has been a neglected child all her life.  sad sad sad
Re: Happy Independence? by etaurus(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
Oh Gawd help us
Re: Happy Independence? by dafman10(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
ogologonma:

Pls can someone tell me how old Nigeria is.

OTONDO LIKE YOU. NIGERIA IS 419 YRS  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy Independence? by kabola2009(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
Good people Great nation!

God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy Independence? by talk2ahmed(m): 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
A nation like Nigeria is a comedy at its best, I was petrified about the Happy Independence sms i got today 134 as of 11:45 am, and i wondered allowed "is the Great People, Great Nation Mantra beginning to work?", although i used to be a student unionist in my undergrad days . A distinction must be made about Nigeria(a nation with all it takes to b great, yet continues to waste its commonwealth and squander collective hope with reckless abandon) and Nigerians(as a resilient people and hardworking/determined humans who refuse to be cowed by global recesses or governments insensitivity, yet we remain the happiest by international evaluation-suffering and smilling as Fela opined)
On a reflective note, we are being recolonized by the cabal who have made this nation unworkable, driving us into poverty of ideas and economic deprivation; what happened to the egalitarian drms of Zik, the free education of Awo(note that even government secondary sch teachers in some Southwest states are on strike) and the brotherhood/leadership as personified by Sardauna,
Wither NiGeRiA at 49 ; the making of a failed Nation.
Re: Happy Independence? by spoOne: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Independence Day to Everyone

• Not because all’s well, but because we all share the pains of this great nation
[color=#006600][/color]• We all want the best for this Nation, even those that have given up.
• It is also true that, our individual dreams for success is aligned with our dreams for our family, our village, our tribe, our city, our state, and ultimately our country.
• This same dream is shared by all Nigerians – living in Nigerian and abroad.
• No Nigerian will stand for the denigration of this country by a foreigner. And that is the true testament of the love we all have for this Nation
• May God help us as we try to rid our country of unscrupulous leaders and miscreant.
• May the evils and darkness in humanity; genocide; ethnic cleansing; stay away from this great nation. For we have seen these misery and anguish in other nations.

- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4
Re: Happy Independence? by Fhemmmy: 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
i wonder what is there to be happy about.
A nation of 49 years old, that has gone from good to bad, worse to worst, nothing seems to be happening for
A nation that have so much potentials and has ressulted into getting bread from the smaller ones.
We call it total nonsense, we call it AGBAYA.
Re: Happy Independence? by zenus(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Independence with strike action in Nigerian University
Re: Happy Independence? by sunnela: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
happy indepence ? abi una dey wind us?
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria good pple great nation Bad leaders bad inec, bad minister of justice, bad minister of education,bad minister of works&bad minister of power.GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Happy Independence? by cenaboy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
Helo  follow Nigerians and follow Nairalanders well let's pray for this country I Thought that adua's gov would be better than that of obj(oby) but his 7 point Agenda is even worst 4mounth of strike the kidnaping the agriculture a bag of rice is 10,8 thousand kerosine is 125 per liter no security no power supply no free and fair election .
Pls tell me what are we really celebrating @49 years old at least A49 year old man would have finish building his own house at least a car and leaving comfortable if all things being equlln

If i may say 9ija is a total felliur to her name adua shame,obj shame since we took over from military men what have we achived  

A holl oil exporting country still an average Nigerian can not afford 3squa mail the rich gets richer while the poor gets poorer every day. May God have meacy upon our life in Jesus name Amen
Re: Happy Independence? by MUNEER2(m): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
denony:

to serve nigeria with all my strenght

and to defend her unity

so help me GOD

grin  grin  grin  grin
I pledge to Biafra my country

To be Proud, bold and successful

To have my republic of Biafra

So that i will stop experiencing the slavery of Nigeria

to defend my fellow Biafrans

To uphold this blessed republic

so help me God

THE ONLY SOLUTION
grin  shocked  shocked  shocked

am waiting for the bullets grin coming from different angles, but who cares  lipsrsealed

I'm glad you said you were waiting. If you still think your Biafra Republic is the solution, then you are getting the whole issue wrong, I'm sure if any Biafra Republic is being created, then it will be definately worse than Nigeria is.
You had better start thinking about a better way out.

$poOne:

Happy Independence Day to Everyone

• Not because all’s well, but because we all share the pains of this great nation
[color=#006600][/color]• We all want the best for this Nation, even those that have given up.
• It is also true that, our individual dreams for success is aligned with our dreams for our family, our village, our tribe, our city, our state, and ultimately our country.
• This same dream is shared by all Nigerians – living in Nigerian and abroad.
• No Nigerian will stand for the denigration of this country by a foreigner. And that is the true testament of the love we all have for this Nation
• May God help us as we try to rid our country of unscrupulous leaders and miscreant.
• May the evils and darkness in humanity; genocide; ethnic cleansing; stay away from this great nation. For we have seen these misery and anguish in other nations.

- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4

Brother, at last, you are giving me a good reason to say happy independence day to you back.

Thanks a bunch wink smiley wink smiley
Re: Happy Independence? by PastorOla1: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
Just to wish 9ja WELL, better days ahead is not impossible. Happy independence Nigeria
Re: Happy Independence? by zenus(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
In the issue of this 7point agenda, I believe this ppl should just reduce it to 3point agenda
Re: Happy Independence? by Joe50(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2009
Celebrate yar'dua tribalism and religionlism
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
This is how some students used to say the pledge in my secondary school. grin grin

to serve nigeria is not by force

and to defend her unity

so help me GOD
Re: Happy Independence? by danexd(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria is 49***(accepted) But Independent, Nooooo! Nigeria is yet to gain Independence, trust me. a few people in the high echelon of power knows what am saying****our policies are greatly determined by some group in the west believe me! we are still greatly dependent on Britain to make our decision and that is why we need a leader who is stubborn with the people's interest at heart!
zenus:

In the issue of this 7point agenda, I believe this ppl should just reduce it to 3point agenda
Ha 3 point is too much na, One point electricity! shikina
Re: Happy Independence? by spoOne: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2009
MUNEER2:

Brother, at last, you are giving me a good reason to say happy independence day to you back.

Thanks a bunch wink smiley wink smiley

You are welcome, Bra!
Re: Happy Independence? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2009
nothing to celebrate at all
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
I guess its only the rich that will celebrate.
For the masses, its just another sad day.
Re: Happy Independence? by MUNEER2(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
stillwater:

This is how some students used to say the pledge in my secondary school. grin grin

to serve nigeria is not by force

and to defend her unity

so help me GOD

This also reminds me of how some student in my secondary school changed Sanny Ade's song

It goes thus

"Nigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni
iro n la

Ko ma gbodo baje
Oti baje na

Tori ko si ibo miran ti a le lo
Ame n ko

Ajo ko le dabi ile
Eje ka lo na

Eje ki a so owo po ki a fi imo gbokan
Ika o dogba

Gbe kemi gbe
owo n ro wa

Can you just imagine
Re: Happy Independence? by 1forall: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2009
lol cheesy grin
Re: Happy Independence? by akym(m): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria @ 49 with noting to write home about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Station, Churches, Attacked In Yobe / 2015: My Five Point Agenda- Buhari / Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.