Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride (58576 Views)

Beautiful Makeup Free Bride Looking Simple On Her Wedding Day (Photo) / Photos Of A Make-up Free Bride At Her Wedding / Makeup-Free Bride Weds In Deeper Life Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by stane007: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2016
On Monday, August 22, a photo of a beautiful bride who wore her natural look to her wedding went viral. Several reports claimed that she is a black and beautiful Ghanaian bride. Click here if you missed it.

Well, Vanguard Allure made a research and discovered that Bisola Umoren is not just a Nigerian, but a Lagos State born bride who shook social media with her daring no-make-up wedding looks.

In this interesting interview which you are about to read, Bisola reveals she is a blogger, is married to Philip Umoren and gives us the real reason why she 'dared' to do what many women find unthinkable; go natural on her wedding day. Her reasons are very unique, insightful and inspirational.

After the cut

Looking at your face, it is obvious you don’t have any make-up on today, is that a personal or church decision?

For a good start, I’m not the make-up type. I don’t even wear ear-rings or like to drop my hair. I don’t like any form of inconvenience or discomfort on my face, my neck and entire body.

It is not a church thing, it is just me and my personal decision. I can do makeup if I want to. In fact, during my engagement in April, I was so pressured to have makeup on. They convinced me that it was going to be nude. I agreed and went for it. Lo and behold, when they were done, I hated myself because I looked so unlike my usual self. I looked darker and older. The whole engagement pictures were nothing to write home about.

Was that the main reason you went for a natural look on your wedding day?

Just like I was convinced to wear make-up on my engagement day, I was also told to do same for my wedding. I also planned to go for nude make over. I contacted a make-up artiste and she was on standby. On that‎ fateful morning, I was in the car and I looked at the mirror and liked what I saw. Meanwhile, because I was already running late, I had begged the make-up artiste to come over and do the make up in the church (inside the car). After all, it wasn’t supposed to be a serious thing- just small touches here and there.

So, as I stared at myself in the mirror, I looked so natural and beautiful; I really liked what I saw.

Some church members also came to me and liked my natural look and agreed with me not to make up.

Secondly, to be honest, when my husband first met me, I had not had my bath, but he saw and fell in love with my natural look. My hair was due, my face looked way older, I was even tying nylon on my hair when he came to me on that fateful morning, yet he loved what he saw. So, who am I supposed to be making all that up for on my wedding day?

So, that was it. I think God just decided to crown me with early morning beauty the day I wedded.

Interestingly, the photographer and the make-up person, were insisting that I should touch up my face a little but I blatantly refused. In the process, a marriage committee member overheard us and warned that make-up is not allowed inside the Church; Christ Apostolic Church, Surulere.

So, before then, you had no idea they don’t wear make-up to your church?

Yes! I had no idea. Some C.A.C parishes wear make-up to church, but some don’t. I only got to know that morning. We wedded in my parent’s parish, so we were not used to their rules and regulations.

Well, because of that we concluded that I would have some make-up on after the church; before the reception. But the picture that went viral, I had no makeup on, not even powder.

When you saw your pictures all over the internet what was your first reaction?

I’m a writer and a blogger with a Facebook fan page. So, I actually uploaded the pictures on my Facebook page, telling my fans and readers that I have gotten married. As at Tuesday, it had over 1, 500 shares on Facebook. The picture went viral with some people saying all kinds of things about me.

I’m a very emotional person. I saw the pictures on different blogs and the comments were not pleasant at all. Someone even said that I wanted to be famous that was why I didn’t use makeup. Some other persons said I was trying to condemn those wearing make-up on their wedding day that was why I went for natural look. The comments were too much and mostly insulting. I had to stop reading them because it was really getting at me.
Honestly, if i knew it would be like this, I wouldn’t have posted it.

Why did people conclude that you are Ghanaian?

Well, I can’t really say. My Facebook page has people around the world visiting and reading my stories. I guess one particular Ghanaian guy, picked it up also and posted on his twitter page, asking if ladies can actually do what I did by wearing a natural look on a wedding day. His post also went viral and I guess, that was where bloggers picked it from and assumed that I am a Ghanaian. It was very controversial as I kept receiving all kinds of calls, some condemning me, some applauding, some questioning, I was just pissed at a point.

How did your husband react to all of these?

My husband is quite understanding. He was just laughing and wondering why people are so surprised about the whole thing. He wasn’t angry at all.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/08/im-natural-beauty-bride-who-broke-net.html

See earlier thread here : https://www.nairaland.com/3302815/nigerian-bride-refuses-wear-makeup

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Ib30(f): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2016
so inspiring.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Ib30(f): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2016
so inspiring.
I think makeup make u look older dan ur real sef.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Ib30(f): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2016
so inspiring.

9 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by segunjowo(m): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2016
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most beautiful of all.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Ib30(f): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2016
so inspiring.

3 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Ib30(f): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2016
so inspiring.

1 Like

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by tyson99(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Ib30:
so inspiring.

Abi oo some babes go con be like ancestors with make up grin grin grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by cruzita(f): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2016
and she is truly a natural beauty .

instead of spending thousands on make up,I go use the money buy rice join for the wedding own

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Lovely natural beauty

5 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by veekid(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
All natural; no crassilian wig, no chain nothing nothing at all

2 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by ireneony(f): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
undecided natural beauty my aass..
why did she perm her hair...why not leave the hair in its natural state.

Modified
To those quoting me, pls back off.
i support being natural but damn not on your wedding day. Makeup or no make does not determine someone's character.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by salaboiz(m): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
this one no concern us
Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by yhemsy62(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Indeed natural

1 Like

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by martineinstein(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
nigerian ladies are becoming uglier dan ever due to xcessive makeup.

The craze to cover sunburn on women's face have resulted to xcessive and colour riot make up.

I keep wondering how dey enjoy displaying their fake look

6 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by garriguy: 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
angry
Is she serious?
Cos she's just there..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
so am I,which ever one I choose to go with, makeup or no makeup, i always slay but I can't go bare on my wedding day, not even to please my mfm mother

4 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
her choice. it's better to wear a makeup than wear a fake character or lifestyle. my mind spoken

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by jidxin(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
ireneony:
undecided natural beauty my aass.. why did she perm her hair...why not leave the hair in its natural state.
wat do u ve to say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by ayusco85(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fake Girls should not try this stunt o, else they will look like ancestors on their wedding day.

5 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by jieta: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
so this one is natural beauty.eeh na wa

3 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by higherpower: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
See as those vulture girls shun th post!!
Some ladies will force over 200k from their spouse for this same make up. Kudos to this lady. This is the kind of lady every man should marry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by tomakint: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
So naturally beautiful.....

5 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by damola311: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
That's better than for the Groom to see one face in the morning and another face at night

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by martineinstein(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
pwitymechi:
her choice. it's better to wear a makeup than wear a fake character or lifestyle. my mind spoken
what is d difference btw wearing fake makeup and fake lifestyle/character?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by anonimi: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ib30:
so inspiring.

I guess that the make up is an ATTEMPT to cover up the mileage that has been used on the body. grin
The degree of success varies from person to person but in any case is only temporary until wake-up time in the morning. grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by higherpower: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
ireneony:

it's not every time u will post comment. Sometime if u don't have anything to say! please just shut up.

25 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sanu natural beauty....u are just OK

2 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by youngsahito(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
who make up don help?
Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by Zedoo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
ireneony:

#TeamBleachAndExcessMakeup jersey number 10 spotted.

22 Likes

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by anonimi: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
higherpower:
See as those vulture girls shun th post!!
Some ladies will force over 200k from their spouse for this same make up. Kudos to this lady. This is the kind of lady every man should marry.

Abi oh, 200k in this Buhari economy. angry
Can you imagine how many months of food that will buy for the new family
Some girls are HEARTLESS witches, walahi.
May we not jam such baes IJN, InshaAllah, Amin Ase Edumare!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4154190_foodprotectionbuhari_jpegc1990d1e353277144a6e91114e752e25

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisola Umoren: "I'm A Natural Beauty" - Makeup Free Bride by jazinogold(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
cheesy

economical way of minimizing your spending this Buhari era...even me too, na charcoal i dy use brush, its very natural dan closeup grin grin grin grin

are my teeth not white...see am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bride Spotted On Okada Around Okota Area Of Lagos / How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria / Ondo Bride Disappears, Fails To Show Up For Her Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.