Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Newly Constructed Poultry Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Newly Constructed Poultry Farm (4460 Views)

## Newly Constructed 5000 Capacity Pig Farm With Farm House For Sale / Poultry Farm With Fish Pond For Rent / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by tommynico(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2016
Bro, pls, my mum is planning to restart her poultry business, the layers in particular but the price of those imported batteries are one huge lump she wants to avoid and nw that u mentioned sometn about some welders helpin u out locally here, i just want u to tell me which state u are nd the cost of those batteries. Am 4rm ondo state by the way.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by tommynico(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2016
And we will be there asap to learn more nd likely contract the welder to make some for us. How do you protect the birds from dem creepers and other haters of birds 4rm the forest around.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by oluuae: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Your information has been very useful. How much did it cost to make a cage of this size and how many bags of food do your layers consume daily.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by oluuae: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
I would also like to know if every single bird lay eggs daily. How can I protect my birds from snakes.
My plan is to start with 500 birds and then expand with time.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
RichieF27:
i sent you an email from my personal email .. feel free to ask anything .. thanks
ok
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by twoMcfemad: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
oluuae:
I would also like to know if every single bird lay eggs daily. How can I protect my birds from snakes.
My plan is to start with 500 birds and then expand with time.
It takes 24-26 hours for the process of egg formation and layying which makes it imposssible for an egg to be laid daily by a single bird. Keep yourbirds in a safe place/pen, And you will be free from Snakes. Clear bushes and dirts. 500birds is good to start with. We can supply you Point of Lay Birds at 14-16 weeks. Best Wishes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by msogunro: 5:33am On Sep 26, 2016
What did you use to fence the perimeter of your farm?
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by oluuae: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for the reply. What about their feeding, how many bags of feed would 500 birds consume a day?
You said you can supply me birds, what is the cost for each.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by oluuae: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for the reply. What about their feeding, how many bags of feed would 500 birds consume a day?
You said you can supply me birds, what is the cost for each. Can I have your email contact
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by oluuae: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
How can I contact you privately to ask questions
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Neduzze5(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
oluuae:

If you ask your questions here so that others learn as well in the process, will anything happen to you?? sad

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by twoMcfemad: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
oluuae:
An adult laying bird consumes about 125gram, thats about 200 birds to a bag of feed. Point of lay birds before laying wouldnt consume up to that- It should be around 95- 110 grams and that will be growers mash till they start laying. Ask other questions here, I will be willing to answer. However for the Point of lay birds enquries, we van talk on 08074409457

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by msogunro: 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
msogunro:
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
msogunro:
i used fencing wires round
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
oluuae:
You said you can supply me birds, what is the cost for each.
atleast 2bags daily for point of lay and 3 bags of layers mash when they start laying
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by MrKong: 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
RichieF27:
more pics from my project
Nice one bros

Just have some few questions Pls

1) How much did you get your POL?
2) From what farm/company( Amo, Zartech etc)
3) How many days after booking did you get d birds?
4) How much does it cost to build that poultry house(just one building, not the 3 together)

Thanks and Goodluck!
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by msogunro: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
RichieF27:
i used fencing wires round

Thank you for responding. Just so I can estimate the cost for fencing my land, can you let me know how they charged for material and labor? Is it per meter?
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Get the POL for 1200, got it through a Vet doc from a farm in Abuja .. But don't know if the price is still the same though I got it a week after.. Be careful when buying POL mostly from the western part people are very deceiving.. For the cost of the place, you can't use my estimation to get yours as things are now expensive.. I slant about 700-1m for each building including labour, and the cement was sold for 1550.. And the roofing pan was sold for 12200 but not cement is sold for 2200 and roofing pan for 15200.. Hope this helps
MrKong:

Nice one bros

Just have some few questions Pls

1) How much did you get your POL?
2) From what farm/company( Amo, Zartech etc)
3) How many days after booking did you get d birds?
4) How much does it cost to build that poultry house(just one building, not the 3 together)

Thanks and Goodluck!
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
msogunro:

Thank you for responding. Just so I can estimate the cost for fencing my land, can you let me know how they charged for material and labor? Is it per meter?
i did not pay per meter o took the guy there and he charged me and we got to an agreement.. Besides the land I fenced is an acre
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by MrKong: 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
RichieF27:
Get the POL for 1200, got it through a Vet doc from a farm in Abuja .. But don't know if the price is still the same though I got it a week after.. Be careful when buying POL mostly from the western part people are very deceiving.. For the cost of the place, you can't use my estimation to get yours as things are now expensive.. I slant about 700-1m for each building including labour, and the cement was sold for 1550.. And the roofing pan was sold for 12200 but not cement is sold for 2200 and roofing pan for 15200.. Hope this helps
Thanks a lot...I understand inflation situation in the country, I just wanted to have an insight to how much to estimate...looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

Thanks again!
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
MrKong:

Thanks a lot...I understand inflation situation in the country, I just wanted to have an insight to how much to estimate...looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

Thanks again!
u welcome bro
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by msogunro: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
RichieF27:
i did not pay per meter o took the guy there and he charged me and we got to an agreement.. Besides the land I fenced is an acre

Ok can you share how much he charged you to fence an acre?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has Invested With Farmbuddy. Pls Share Your Experience / Cassava And Maize Weed Control / Garri Business Is Paying Off Believe Me Or Belive Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.