Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With (50877 Views)

Solar Powered Street Light For Your Street, Environment And Compounds / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You / 12. Funny Question People Who Live In Face-me-face-you Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
YorubaDemon:
In the heart of different cities in Nigeria, lies certain aggregation of houses known as ‘Face-Me-I-Face-You’. The life over there is on a whole-noda-level, I tell you.

So for those that had the ‘luxury’ of growing up in such quarters, these are some of the things they can understand perfectly:

1. The struggle to bathe every morning

With just one bathroom for 50+ people, I don’t need to explain the struggle.

Are you trying to say it's everybody in face me I slap you that bathe at the same time?In situation like this,some will take their bathe as early as 5am so as to avoid a queue like this
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
konklud22:

lolz
grin grin grin grin
sharp man
Especially when you told your neighbours that your are traveling for 3 months and you came back after 3days.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
asuo27:
Instead of living in a "face-me-i-face-you" compound, rather live in isolation. grin
Where you dey live?
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by blazer234: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
Beamborla:

Afi shimi grin grin grin

Hmmmm....Abimbola!
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by seunny4lif(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
grin grin
I tell ya, Yoruba fit kill person with Greetings grin
Ekun ojo, Ekun Ise, Ekun river , Ekun gbogbo shocked shocked
Everything get greeting grin grin
endowednicky:
Lol...the osufia own..all those Yoruba people them,their Ekun,Ekabo,eka,epele,Ekun this, Ekun that ..e nor dey finish o...
The number 10,asin eheen,especially when you tune to a Stv by 3pm or this imeotua cassette ..room go full like barracks
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Ghost447(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
BUHARImyDOG:
please am i ftc?

meanwhile am still looking for my dog
Check Aso Villa
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by FILEBE(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
endowednicky:
Lol...the osufia own..all those Yoruba people them,their Ekun,Ekabo,eka,epele,Ekun this, Ekun that ..e nor dey finish o...
The number 10,asin eheen,especially when you tune to a Stv by 3pm or this imeotua cassette ..room go full like barracks

Lol @ Imeotua. Hahahahahahah. I remember when that cassete dey reign. But O.p talk true. U still dey live there?

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Pain(m): 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
Blackfire:
Sweet memories while growing up...

Good old days when we eat rice twice a year..

Don't worry APC is working hard to bring back those days.
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by BlackOnassis(m): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
Egomah:
Looking back on those yesteryear , mehn! It was really crazy. From fetching water from the well downstairs , to stealing water. Abi when we use the bathroom without flushing, just check if anyone is out there , and escape. Or mama Eloh and mama kpomore going to my mom's put at night to view if we use meat cook soup. So many stories to tell. I remember those days when you are cooking soup, somebody else dey boil water wait for the soup, if you suji na to wait carry ur soup when it's cooked, cos they'll take some for the eba. If you still wait, in the end they'll beg you for the to eat there eba.
One new neighbor came and was cooking jolluf rice, only for someone else to delete have of the rice when she went in...she learned her lesson.
Omo ina( Igbo apprentice ) were the big boys then, if you have one as a bachelor, no hope for you to sleep with all those fine fine yellow sisters.
If you leave you sleepers on the passage, someone else will borrow it to go out, might bring it back, depends...I'm also guilty of that, and I am also guilty of stealing mama Chigozie's mineral bottles to sell for onigo , just to buy mama Sheri fried fish take drink garri. Abi na when we dey play gamble that year, I use my junior weac money to gamble. Family fighting was a weekly event.
Gossip was the order of the day, anyone who is not around will be the subject of discussion .
Back then everybody wants to be a footballer, we were so many in my compound that we play against the rest of our street. Number 13a imam memudu vs the rest of imam memudu street. We were 136 regular in oe compound. Or when we used to play yoruba and ibo.
Our suck away dey full every 3 months.
I thank God for my life now, almost everyone of us are doing big now, must of us are living out of that lifestyle, some of us are living abroad, have our own house.
The good thing about living and growing in a public house is, it makes you tougher and street smart

so damn right. you will have the mental strength to rise and overtake some of those ajebutter kids who were more privileged.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
Julietcutie:
lol
Excuse me, what's that thing at your back? I'm confused.
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by nnamdiosu(m): 11:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
Egomah:
Looking back on those yesteryear , mehn! It was really crazy. From fetching water from the well downstairs , to stealing water. Abi when we use the bathroom without flushing, just check if anyone is out there , and escape. Or mama Eloh and mama kpomore going to my mom's put at night to view if we use meat cook soup. So many stories to tell. I remember those days when you are cooking soup, somebody else dey boil water wait for the soup, if you suji na to wait carry ur soup when it's cooked, cos they'll take some for the eba. If you still wait, in the end they'll beg you for the to eat there eba.
One new neighbor came and was cooking jolluf rice, only for someone else to delete have of the rice when she went in...she learned her lesson.
Omo ina( Igbo apprentice ) were the big boys then, if you have one as a bachelor, no hope for you to sleep with all those fine fine yellow sisters.
If you leave you sleepers on the passage, someone else will borrow it to go out, might bring it back, depends...I'm also guilty of that, and I am also guilty of stealing mama Chigozie's mineral bottles to sell for onigo , just to buy mama Sheri fried fish take drink garri. Abi na when we dey play gamble that year, I use my junior weac money to gamble. Family fighting was a weekly event.
Gossip was the order of the day, anyone who is not around will be the subject of discussion .
Back then everybody wants to be a footballer, we were so many in my compound that we play against the rest of our street. Number 13a imam memudu vs the rest of imam memudu street. We were 136 regular in oe compound. Or when we used to play yoruba and ibo.
I thank God for my life now, almost everyone of us are doing big now, must of us are living out of that lifestyle, some of us are living abroad, have our own house.
The good thing about living and growing in a public house is, it makes you tougher and street smart.

Lol. I'll save this while page becos of you. You stayed in coker aguda right. #LagosHommies
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Papito(m): 12:03am On Aug 28, 2016
Follow the link below to learn how to make money online http://Money4Task.com/?ref=244187
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Stanbeto: 1:15am On Aug 28, 2016
My Brother am a withness
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by bibijay123(f): 1:59am On Aug 28, 2016
Egomah:
The good thing about living and growing in a public house is, it makes you tougher and street smart.

So true bro. Our landlady even complain if u buy that 70 tower bread inside fancy nylon instead of agege bread. Some people even still steal rain water grin
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by omhor(f): 2:10am On Aug 28, 2016
lol
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by endowednicky(f): 4:54am On Aug 28, 2016
FILEBE:

Lol @ Imeotua. Hahahahahahah. I remember when that cassete dey reign. But O.p talk true. U still dey live there?
. Asin eheen..that cassette sell sha
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by endowednicky(f): 4:56am On Aug 28, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin
I tell ya, Yoruba fit kill person with Greetings grin
Ekun ojo, Ekun Ise, Ekun river , Ekun gbogbo shocked shocked
Everything get greeting grin grin
lmbbo...person fall down..ekufall down..lol,person die..eku die..
.hain.eku kilode sef
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by endowednicky(f): 5:00am On Aug 28, 2016
IamNawty:
dat greeting can go on and no and on till infinity.. Lmaooo esp wen greeting awon iya agba
ah dey tell you
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2016
Love Machine:
Where you dey live?
You want know where i dey live?, no be face me i face you.
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Beamborla(f): 8:47am On Aug 28, 2016
blazer234:

Hmmmm....Abimbola!
What I do
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by emitheo(m): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2016
Hahahahahaha
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by seacoast(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2016
YorubaDemon:
6. After watching the Indian film – Teri Meherbaniyan, everyone in your compound will be like…

The dog name na Moti. Nostalgic

Especially that time the dog was crying by the graveside!
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by seunny4lif(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2016
endowednicky:
lmbbo...person fall down..ekufall down..lol,person die..eku die..
.hain.eku kilode sef
grin grin grin cheesy
I taya grin
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by blazer234: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Beamborla:

What I do

You won a huge gift; that is what you do!!!
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Egomah(m): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Yea, I did.

[1quote author=nnamdiosu post=48860643]

Lol. I'll save this while page becos of you. You stayed in coker aguda right. #LagosHommies[/quote]
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Julietcutie(f): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
Haute:
Excuse me, what's that thing at your back? I'm confused.
which tin
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Beamborla(f): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
blazer234:

You won a huge gift; that is what you do!!!
Where is the gift? cheesy
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by 7agaza(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
OP please what is face me - i face you compound? Is it the name of a Country?

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by blazer234: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Beamborla:

Where is the gift? cheesy

What better gift can it be if not I Me and Myself?! grin accept your PM to find out more. wink
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Beamborla(f): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
blazer234:

What better gift can it be if not I Me and Myself?! grin accept your PM to find out more. wink
In this era of insecurity?

I don't accept wrapped gifts...I love my gifts unwrapped tongue

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by blazer234: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Beamborla:

In this era of insecurity?

I don't accept wrapped gifts...I love my gifts unwrapped tongue

The wrapping infuses surprise.

And the surprise makes it all the more romantic. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.