Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! (710 Views)

"It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos / Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You / These Pre-wedding Photos Will Make You Want To Fall In Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by lola024(f): 3:48am On Aug 27, 2016
Hello my nairaland lovers, friends, boo and etcetera etcetera....Lol....Good morning....how was your night......Why do Nigerian guys alway tell me to close my eyes before I sleep....Is that funny?......anyways.....straight to business....

Many guys have told me, messaged me, even mailed me asking " Princess, do you believe in Live at first sight?" then I will smile and wave it off....then I asked couples of friends and they told men guys tell them too.

I did a little research to see if this is possible scientifically, and then I found the answer below.

It's just a product of some research added with my opinion, so you can do your own research and find out something else. "I Stand to be corrected"

We are not going to the room today.....this content is clean....lol...

Anyone whose ever seen a romantic comedy, read a Nicholas Sparks book, or seen a Shakespeare play will be familiar with the love at first sight phenomena.

In Hollywood rom com's it's
the sudden swell of music and intense close-ups that make us aware of the fact the main characters just found love (against all odds, quite often), but in reality it's not that clear cut.

The guys and girls from HowStuffWorks have decided to look into this well known romantic notion, and see if it is even possible.
Feelings of love can happen in a split second

According to Syracuse University's professor Dr. Stephanie Ortigue's paper feelings of love can occur as early as 0,2 seconds after first establishing visual contact with someone.

They say that love can strike as fast as lighting, well it turns out that it's not as fast as lighting (that's about one-millionth of a second), but it's still pretty darn fast.

According to Dr. Ortigue, this feeling of love is created by twelve areas of your brain working together to release euphoria inducing chemicals - such as dopamine, oxytocin, adrenaline, and vasopressine - and it can happen so fast that it might feel like love at first sight.

Falling in love fast is evolution's way of creating a mating shortcut A different study by Dr. Helen E. Fisher states that falling in
love in a heartbeat could be mating shortcut to make sure the species is propagated. Isn't nature grand? According to Dr Fisher: "Even love at first sight is a basic mammalian response that is developed in other animals and our ancestors inherited to speed up the mating process"

It makes perfect sense when you think about it. What better way to make sure your genes are passed on than by speeding
up the mating ritual. It does make you look at all those romantic comedies in a new light.

Love is in the eyes So how do we know it's not instant lust instead of love? Well,
a paper called "Love is in the Gaze" by the University of Geneva states that when we fall in love we tend to focus on the face of the other person, rather than the body.

If we're just falling in lust with the other person we are checking out the
whole package, which is not news to anyone who has eversat ogling Jared Leto's abs or Nicki Minaj's curves.

So if that cute guy or girl is looking intently at your face
instead of your chest, it's probably more than just a one-night stand type of situation. Though don't hold us to that, there are
some clever and sneaky people out there.

Your memory is playing tricks on you

If you and your S.O. have bored other people stiff with the story of how you two met and that it was "definitely love at
first sight," there might be something else going on: there's a good chance your memory is playing tricks on you. What is
most likely happening is that you are projecting your current feelings of love for your S.O. on the memory of how you two
met. Think back really hard, was it really as instantaneous as you now think it was?

What do you think? Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you perhaps even experienced it first hand? Let me know...In the comment box below....

Thank you so much for reading....

I Love Writing. Check me Out!
Http://www.moral24.

Guys You Must Check out this too.....you will like it there....

http://www.moral24..com
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by mhisbliss(f): 4:11am On Aug 27, 2016
lola lola leave oyinbo mattter for them o, nothing like love at first sight atleast i haven't seen it, I'd like to term it confusion and lust at first sight with Nigerian guys, if you doubt me just take a leap of faith or try sex on first date and see how badly you land, fuq love #teamsingles rock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by Surfboard(m): 4:24am On Aug 27, 2016
mhisbliss:
lola lola leave oyinbo mattter for them o, nothing like love at first sight atleast i haven't seen it, I'd like to term it confusion and lust at first sight with Nigerian guys, if you doubt me just take a leap of faith or try sex on first date and see how badly you land, fuq love #teamsingles rock

Who did this to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by mhisbliss(f): 4:27am On Aug 27, 2016
Surfboard:

Who did this to you
whats your concern you want to go and kill the person?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by Surfboard(m): 4:30am On Aug 27, 2016
mhisbliss:

Nope, just wanted to let you know that he/she/it is not worth being bitter about. I believe this phase will end for you though, many of us have been there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by mhisbliss(f): 4:35am On Aug 27, 2016
Surfboard:

Nope, just wanted to let you know that he/she/it is not worth being bitter about. I believe this phase will end for you though, many of us have been there.
oops I see what you driving at, buhahahaha you think it has happened to me like i got dumped by a guy and am bitter over it? Nah thats not it, I'm a grown up woman i know what i want and dont want and the love issue and commitment and all that aint my thing really, in school lots of girls fight and disgrace thierselves when i look at the price they're fighting for i end up shaking my head its not worth it, for one guy to start behaving like he owns you in the name of dating, nah i wont let you am single and proud and if I were to date i wont date a love at first sight victim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by Surfboard(m): 4:38am On Aug 27, 2016
mhisbliss:
oops I see what you driving at, buhahahaha you think it has happened to me like i got dumped by a guy and am bitter over it? Nah thats not it, I'm a grown up woman i know what i want and dont want and the love issue and commitment and all that aint my thing really, in school lots of girls fight and disgrace thierselves when i look at the price they're fighting for i end up shaking my head its not worth it, for one guy to start behaving like he owns you in the name of dating, nah i wont let you am single and proud and if I were to date i wont date a love at first sight victim

Okay. Wish you the very best ma'am
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by mhisbliss(f): 4:40am On Aug 27, 2016
Surfboard:

Okay. Wish you the very best ma'am
thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by lola024(f): 5:39am On Aug 27, 2016
mhisbliss:

Ohh.....lol...thanks for the comment

#teamsingles Rock
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by lola024(f): 5:40am On Aug 27, 2016
mhisbliss:

Lol.....lmaooo
Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by lola024(f): 5:42am On Aug 27, 2016
mhisbliss:

Fullstop

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Fall In Love At First Sight? Science Has The Answer! by firstking01(m): 7:47am On Aug 27, 2016
It has happened to me before but it doesn't last, cos it's full of fantasies and wishes and most times you end up having sex with that person in your head which might never actualize.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Girls Being Molested? / Searching For A Toy Boy Or Sugar Boy?... Well Search No More / Your Breath Stinks So Bad, I'm Lookin Forward To Your Farts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.