Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO (5449 Views)

N25.7bn Fraud: Court Frees Francis Atuche / He Wants To Resign & Do Vegetable Farming - Please Advice / Frank Atuche resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Jarus(m): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
But efforts of the board of Bank PHB to persuade Atuche to voluntarily resign over the audit report of the bank proved abortive yesterday at a meeting exclusively for the non-executive directors in Lagos. The directors are said to have briefed CBN about this development.
With Atuche’s refusal to step down, he seems to have jeopardised the opportunity of BankPHB to appoint its own Managing Director to work with CBN.

The apex bank may have to appoint someone to take charge of the bank. It was gathered that BankPHB has three major issues. One is the N65 billion, which it used to acquire Spring Bank, the second is the N50 billion forbearance the bank sought for Spring Bank, while the third is the N23 billion loss alleged to have been incurred during the tenure of the CBN Interim Management Board of Spring Bank led by Sulleyman Ndanusa.

During the tenure of the immediate past CBN Governor Chukwuma Soludo, BankPHB  had tried to secure a N50 billion forbearance, which was presented at the last board meeting that Soludo attended. The request was said to have been turned down.

When the incumbent CBN governor came in, the same request was also presented to the apex bank’s board and it was also rejected.
The thinking of the board was that if at all any forbearance was to be given, it should have been for everyone who wanted to buy Spring Bank and not specifically for BankPHB.

THISDAY gathered that officials of BankPHB are currently in talks with CBN to persuade it to remove the N23 billion losses incurred during Ndanusa’s tenure from its books on the excuse that they were not in the know when they acquired Spring Bank.

But the CBN was said to have declined, insisting that BankPHB ought to have done its due diligence before acquiring Spring Bank.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=155913
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Jarus(m): 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
Some people, criticizing the sack of the First 5, have said that Sanusi should have given them option of resigning. I think you can now reason with those of us that argued that resignation was not in our character.

This Atuche also wants to be disgraced out. African man sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by otokx(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2009
Resignation no dey african man dictionary; SANUSI should make an example of ATUCHE by giving him a worse treatment than CECILIA
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by MrCrackles(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2009
If he doesnt want to resign, he should be forcefully booted or bundled out!
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by oge4real(f): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2009
Deperate problems need desperate solutions. If he wont go, call Madam Waziri!
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Utaroz(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2009
Gree die, cheesy grin
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by lukkie(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
I can see Spring Bank always coming up in the list of his problems. So it's the acquisition of SB that put him in trouble? He w_a_n grow by force. Everybody dey try lose weight, hin w_a_n gain weight.

Make Sanusi show am the door sharp sharp.
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Kwajay(m): 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2009
I tink dose pple lookin at SLS as if he is pursuing an agenda can now see dat he probably meant well 2 sanitize our banking industry 4rm dis set of ole/barawo. I tink madam Waziri shld go for fishing in phb spring.

1 Like

Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Hardeybolah: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
I dey laught him ghost,he beta respect himself b4 he gets disgraced not only publicly bt worldwidely,medialy n evn newspaperly grin
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2009
:-x
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by slap1(m): 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2009
Atuche is a gud comrade who does not want 2 suffer a beta fate than his fallen colleagues. On the other hand, he may just be an example of Nigeria @ 49: big for nothing. Brainless.
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
If atuche has a point to prove his innocense why shd he resign?Has he given loans like his past 5 former colleagues that were sacked?So let him follow his hrt.Wot about other 4 banks CEO,they may also resign b4 d hammer strikes nxt monday.As 4 sanusi,i tink hes rushing things.D guy is overzealous.Less dan 5months in office, he sacked banks ceo,he has changed naira notes,printed more currency to make N400billion he gave to 5 erring banks.To me hes too much in a hurry as if being chased/competing for records
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
If atuche has a point to prove his innocense why shd he resign?
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
?
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2009
Hope spring bank can survive alone
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2009
>
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by mbulela: 12:09am On Oct 02, 2009
guy take it easy.
you are spamming the thread with your repeated posts.
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by mbulela: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2009
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 02, 2009
Sorry repeats were errors due to network.Not intentional
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by DICKtator: 12:55am On Oct 02, 2009
da best bet is to pull out of the Spring Bank deal n let 'em carry their cross by 'emselves!!!!!! shikena!!!!!. so Sanusi really meant biz shocked
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by aieromon(m): 1:43am On Oct 02, 2009
A true Nigerian tongue
I can't wait to see the outcome of all this cool
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by loma(m): 2:44am On Oct 02, 2009
toba:

If atuche has a point to prove his innocense why shd he resign?Has he given loans like his past 5 former colleagues that were sacked?So let him follow his hrt.Wot about other 4 banks CEO,they may also resign b4 d hammer strikes nxt monday.As 4 sanusi,i tink hes rushing things.D guy is overzealous.Less dan 5months in office, he sacked banks ceo,he has changed naira notes,printed more currency to make N400billion he gave to 5 erring banks.To me hes too much in a hurry as if being chased/competing for records

Nigerians! Do you even know what you want?

Yaradua is too slow. SLS is too fast! What will people like you say of Obama with all he has done in 9 months?

By the way, Soludo already laid the ground for the new naira notes, SLS just printed them!
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by naijatoday: 3:40am On Oct 02, 2009
toba:

The problem with this banks were there since October 2008 when they started relying on the CBN's EDW.

As for the note, it was approved last year by Soludo, Sanusi is just implementing it. If Soludo or anybody was Governor today the new notes will still have been introduced.
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by bawomolo(m): 4:39am On Oct 02, 2009
naija man won't quit easily
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by semid4lyfe(m): 4:40am On Oct 02, 2009
Typical 9ja man mentality.

Dem just dey take glossy & fine advert decieve us. Good, better Bank PHB indeed!
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by shanda(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2009
The guy just sent a mail that he has resigned.

1 Like

Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by rasputinn(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2009
How the cookie crumbles
FA would not have been in this situation if not for his obssesive desire to acquire spring bank at all cost.I have not been able to fathom the reason for the aggressive take-over of spring bank,come on,a bank that had been trading at N1.00 per share for nearly two years,Atuche,in his infinite wisdom,released funds to selected stockbroking firms to hijack spring bank from its owners at all cost,they had to even pay between N7.00 and N8.50 per share for the shares of spring bank.

That set the shareholders funds in PHB back by N63billion,all these happened with the tacit connivance of the then CBN governor and Anambra guber hopeful,charles Soludo,who seconded Ndanusa to the "new board" of spring bank and the Ndanusa jamboree was to cost PHB a further N23 billion.

To me,this is just the REWARD for greed as FA would only have got a reprimand if the only worms found in his PHB can were the N7 billion fraud saga that mede him kick out Mary B and others
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Rooneyboy(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2009
They should bundle him out .He carry jazz?
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by Rooneyboy(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2009
He's looted enough for himself and his generation and let someone else come and chop.
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by saworoide: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2009
The 5 banks currently under the axe now are BANK PHB, Spring Bank, Wema Bank and  Unity bank. I think people that have been suspicious of Sanusi on the Unity Bank issue can now give the man benefit of the doubt. He said he sacked the 1st st of the CEO's cause he was aware they about to seek court injunction refraining CBN from taking action against them. I won't be surprised if Atuche produce a court injunction today to protect himself. Then Sanusi would have to choose between disobeying a court order or doing his job the way he knows best.
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by mbulela: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2009
Re: Atuche Refuses To Resign As BankPHB CEO by shanda(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2009
I told u guys. Got it before next. Mayb I should set my own newspaper too grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Cpa Guru Here?? / New Arrivals : UK Used iPhones...Samsung Galaxy Gadgets ..Watches and Laptops / Betting Agent Biz; Nairabet Or Bet9ja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.