Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. (23679 Views)

Career Mistake To Avoid If Your Love Your Job / Auto Gele Training... Make Hay While The Sun Shines / What Has Been Your Biggest Career Mistake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
charles009:

At 26, 5 years ago, Just like every other guys dream, I landed this job with a multinational coy. I was blown off the roofs when I saw my pay package, wooow I am indeed a big boy.

Life for me was indeed a bed of all colour of roses, I started living a life, I never had the opportunity to live, I had different woman on my bed numerous times weekly, I became a popular figure in the female hostel of a popular university, I had an extremely expensive perfume collection, My Car was exquisite, Basically I was that B class sort of guy every chick needed.

Early, 2016 I got married to my wife, and she gave me a pretty son. In June 2016, my light slightly dimmed and my coy downsized massively, I was affected, we haven't still gotten any sort of payment yet

When I told my wife, baby I lost the job, she just broke down for like 5mins, looked me in the eyes and said, baby its all gonna be alright. I quickly went away, locked the door and shed tears, a lot quickly running through my minds, my son, my wife, and my family, misused opportunity.

I quickly broke the news to muumy and she visited and brought me 50k with a truck load of consolation, I accepted the money amidst tears.

The Truth is, I look back sometimes, only if I had used the opportunity wisely, nothing stays forever afterall. I have to keep moving, with my heads up refusing to look back.

God finally smiled on me, and I got another job, not with the opportunities of the former but at least I can cater for my two best love.

If you have the opportunity now, use it wisely.

and like my grand father did say, If you want to fall, fall on your back, cos if you can look up, you can get up.

My bruv, you are exactly like me, men guy i was balling hard uptill March this year. Do you know how good it was for me? i dropped my iphone 6s and replaced it twice in two months because of scratches.

I was buying stuff i didnt need, i was living the life others dream of, men when i got that email from the HRM of the need to disengage Nigerian management and move their operations from Nigeria i had a mini heart attack sha.

The luck is a wasn't married, but i took a stock of all my wasted opportunities, i had over 9 million naira worth of gadgets, bills accounts in most posh bars and lounges.

Dude after loosing my job in i still had enough savings oh but i was still believing job go come, so i was still balling, guy i got another job oh, but it's no where as cool as the other one.

No 5 zero allowances, no international flights no, expenses covered meetings and post paid mobile line. (Reality check)

So bruv i started with the basics, cutting down on unnecessary expenses, you would be surprised that you can live without Netflix, Itunes and every new gadget that comes out in your life.

As for DSTV explora, men i had to downgrade my bouquet, i was paying premium for years that i only watch for 2 hours on Sunday grin

As for friends, they all faded away, i used to get over 60 calls a day from guys and girls, mostly just to say hi, or just to check up on me or just to know where i will hang that night. I had accounts for every bar i go to, my friends can drink on me even in my absence. All that has changed now though, infact this month i only got one call from a friend to say how far? lol thats life bruv.

Anyways since i got this small job i dont go to those bars any more, i buy all my alcohol monthly and keep in my fridge, i smoke my cigarettes and drink my cognac in my house.

No more random honnies stopping by, infact i have all but disappeared totally from the night life. I am home by 6pm everyday latest and i dont leave till i go to work the next-day.

All those gimme girls? i am done with that
All those gimme guys? i am done with that

Its been hard getting used to living on a budget but hey what can we do right, but to keep on moving?

Stay smart, and keep the faith

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by olumaxi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
davtosh:

grin u are funny
lolz
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by olumaxi(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmmm
kkboy:
The implication is for you to prepare a soft landing spot for yourself so that the injuries and pains you may sustain will not be catastrophic.
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by SweetyZinta(f): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin not a touching story after all. thumbs up
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by mecussey(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
I ve noticed this happens once in every guys life.
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by d4guy: 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
debeey87:
No one is asking you not to enjoy your life as a youth, but do it wisely. And speaking of enjoyment, what enjoyment is there in having different women grace your bed at ur beck and call enh or lavishing on expensive alcoholic wines or drinks.
Wise up. Invest in your tomorrow as a youngman and enjoy the rest of your mid and later years.

Thanks bro
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by assetman(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
wonderful,thank God u had ur second chance so fast,u are indeed very lucky
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Greedgod: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
youngalex:
Yeah,Opportunity they say comes but once...I have learnt many lessons in the act of Work and Expenditure

...In order to succeed i advise most people i meet to do the following as a working class youth;

... Don't be tempted to live above your means,Don't rent a house of #500,000 Per Annum while you earn #1.5m..Your Rent must not exceed 15-20% of your yearly earnings
....Ensure you start a Capital Fund account you won't have access to and improve your capital base through Fixed Deposits,Govt. Bonds etc
....AVOID INSTAGRAM BABES...They can wreck your Finances with their insatiable demands
....Possibly Date a Working Class/Independent Lady or any Lady with a Conservative Mindset
... Do Charity work

young with so much wisdom, coman mentor me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) / One Legged Bus Conductor In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Photo: How To Write A Good Job Application Letter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.