Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,423 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912706 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin
michV:
some critical/sensitive matters as better said on chat than here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
michV:
some critical/sensitive matters as better said on chat than here
I PMed you. Kindly respond,thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:
Hello House
Please who knows how & where I can get a cheap flight to Toronto against 28th of December? Please don't tell me to check wakanow because their prices are outrageous. Also, to those who just picked up their passports, my passport was dispatched on Monday, when can I pick it up? Lastly, those already in Canada, what are we likely to face at the point of entry? tongue

Check travelstart.com

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by eMidas: 4:42am On Nov 24, 2016
Osemigho:

Postponing your supervisor search email for Fall 2017 till next month is not advisable. Start soon!

Okay. Thanks, bruv.
But, I think that search for a supervisor applies only to thesis/research-based programs. I intend to go for a taught-program.
I PMed you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 24, 2016
penitential:
To get USD in Lagos at parallel market price is not that hard, get to bereau the change inside Eko hotels compound and you can buy as much USD as u want. But be ready to buy around 470 per dollar cos I sold dollar at 460 per dollar today at the same Eko hotel and suite. Getting USD at FX price is what can be extremely difficult.

Can I buy Canadian dollars there? Do you have any idea of the exchange rate?

I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by LORRDDD(m): 6:26am On Nov 24, 2016
Good morning house, please I am applying to MUN today. any hope I can make the '17 fall?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Amefricaa(m): 7:05am On Nov 24, 2016
Just passing...

...good luck to everyone in the house. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 9:02am On Nov 24, 2016
good morning gurus in the house,

Please l need your help. l once read a write up by someone who used a non relative (a family friend) as his/her sponsor on this platform attaching the sponsor's wedding photograph held 8 years ago with him or her in it.

Please indicate if you are the one or if you recall the person or have a link to the page or page information pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 9:19am On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Thank you. It had to be loaded since im going for PGC. I tried to put all I thought would increase my chances.
Hi Chrissybaybee, please I like to know if you paid the installment payment before applying and also do I need to submit English test result since I was given admission without English test requirements.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2016
Hey guys, I want to apply to a college in Canada but according to the info on the school site my intended course (computer science) requires that you must av studied some specific mathematics topics, I av my secondary school transcript but it only shows my grade and not the breakdown of the topics studied in each subject I don't know if I should just send them d transcript like that. And also I av C in my maths and physics in my waec didn't make chemistry but it's not needed for computer science though, are my chances of admission slim? I also have OND in computer science and am going to add it to my documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by soopamom: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2016
BlueWizAngel:
Hey guys, I want to apply to a college in Canada but according to the info on the school site my intended course (computer science) requires that you must av studied some specific mathematics topics, I av my secondary school transcript but it only shows my grade and not the breakdown of the topics studied in each subject I don't know if I should just send them d transcript like that. And also I av C in my maths and physics in my waec didn't make chemistry but it's not needed for computer science though, are my chances of admission slim? I also have OND in computer science and am going to add it to my documents.
ask your school to give you a topic by topic syllabus?calendar? for the maths topics taken each term. If your school has a general book like a calendar, it will do, if not get them to write you an official letter that these are the topics taken.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frank659: 9:28am On Nov 24, 2016
Good morning peeps,pls when do one start counting his or her application processing time.Is it after submitting or after biometric? pls don't laugh at me because I'm worried.submitted my application on 14sept and did biometric on 29th uptill now I haven't heard anything.If I track the application it keep on writing processing in Canada visa office.I'm just worried thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2016
Please is Egypt air good?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pololiswang: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2016
Ease up abit. I personally submitted since 19th of July and its still the same thing currently.

Frank659:
Good morning peeps,pls when do one start counting his or her application processing time.Is it after submitting or after biometric? pls don't laugh at me because I'm worried.submitted my application on 14sept and did biometric on 29th uptill now I haven't heard anything.If I track the application it keep on writing processing in Canada visa office.I'm just worried thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pololiswang: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2016
Dear House,

Please i got this update on my tracker. I have done upfront medical and they already have my passport. however i am yet to receive an email or a text. This update was as of yesterday evening.

"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/11/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

Kindly advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Nony1:
Yes it is good. Duchynwa boarded with the Airline for Toronto. Good luck and safe journey.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Nony1:
The truth is... you may not be able determine if a particular airline is good or not. The only things you may likely get is people's personal and inflight experiences.... luggage handling.... food and co.
In as much as our dear country has remained shameless not to own a national carrier....sadly we need to do with the available ones!
All these foreign airlines are in OK standard. Especially on cost considerations.. but be careful for Air Maroc... and not that they are bad but just on your luggage handling! Ethopian/Egypt/Rwandan/Turkish air have proven to be cool over the times.
Ethopian is cool and cheap.... yuv got nothing to worry about in as much as God takes us safely to our destinations!.... which is most important.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 24, 2016
soopamom:

ask your school to give you a topic by topic syllabus?calendar? for the maths topics taken each term. If your school has a general book like a calendar, it will do, if not get them to write you an official letter that these are the topics taken.
Thanks very much, I'll do just that, what do u think about my chances though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2016
pololiswang:
Dear House,

Please i got this update on my tracker. I have done upfront medical and they already have my passport. however i am yet to receive an email or a text. This update was as of yesterday evening.

"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/11/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

Kindly advice.
You did not include submission and biometrics dates. Where did you get this update? By text or mail? Nevertheless, you will not be able to conclude on any decision taken until you pick your processed package from the VAC... especially that you did upfront medicals.
You may call the VAC office or go there to pick your passport and then pls share the good news.
Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pololiswang: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2016
Yeah i got the dates from the online tracker. I did my biometrics the same day i submitted. Every other thing has been done. I submitted my application on the 19th of July 2016. And that update became an update as of 23rd of November which is yesterday.

Folaroyal:

You did not include submission and biometrics dates. Where did you get this update? By text or mail? Nevertheless, you will not be able to conclude on any decision taken until you pick your processed package from the VAC... especially that you did upfront medicals.
You may call the VAC office or go there to pick your passport and then pls share the good news.
Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2016
pololiswang:
Yeah i got the dates from the online tracker. I did my biometrics the same day i submitted. Every other thing has been done. I submitted my application on the 19th of July 2016. And that update became an update as of 23rd of November which is yesterday.

Waoohh... July is a long time enough to be merciful on your application ooo!!
While on your way to pick your package....just believe GOD has done it... but contact VAC first to confirm they have it with them.
When are you supposed to resume? What school and program?
It is well bro.... We praying along with yu.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2016
Folaroyal:

The truth is... you may not be able determine if a particular airline is good or not. The only things you may likely get is people's personal and inflight experiences.... luggage handling.... food and co.
In as much as our dear country has remained shameless not to own a national carrier....sadly we need to do with the available ones!
All these foreign airlines are in OK standard. Especially on cost considerations.. but be careful for Air Maroc... and not that they are bad but just on your luggage handling! Ethopian/Egypt/Rwandan/Turkish air have proven to be cool over the times.
Ethopian is cool and cheap.... yuv got nothing to worry about in as much as God takes us safely to our destinations!.... which is most important.
Regards

Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2016
Mikymiko:
Yes it is good. Duchynwa boarded with the Airline for Toronto. Good luck and safe journey.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2016
Frank659:

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times are difficult to predict. They vary depending on the type of application you submit and the number of applications currently being processed.

Please note that processing times change depending on the number of applications received and may change during the processing of your application. You can consult the processing times tool for details. This section is updated weekly, so check often to get the latest information.

Just keep praying and waiting while trying not to be anxious!...
Or rather keep eating baked beans and catching afternoon naps @ CannyZionist ... like av been doing too grin grin grin.. who knows, yur approval mail could drop before you wake up... jokes...
Good luck and regards!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pololiswang: 10:57am On Nov 24, 2016
I was supposed to resume for September 2016 but i deferred till January 2016. I am going to Seneca College in Toronto and i am going for a PGD in International Business. However after that i will seek and MBA at Ryerson University for another year and half. i will contact VAC immediately for an update. Thank you very much, i believe it has been done already. God is never late

Folaroyal:

Waoohh... July is a long time enough to be merciful on your application ooo!!
While on your way to pick your package....just believe GOD has done it... but contact VAC first to confirm they have it with them.
When are you supposed to resume? What school and program?
It is well bro.... We praying along with yu.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xtus(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Hi xtus, I have replied.

Thanks...... I have seen it and have replies your mail as well. Kindly check it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by faskare: 11:45am On Nov 24, 2016
I submitted same day with you though online and I am yet to hear from CIC as well. You start counting the day you submitted if your biometrics is within the 30days of your submission at that point it's valid. However, if it exceeds 30days, your application will be cancelled...and you start afresh
Frank659:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sammiejokes:

Hi Chrissybaybee, please I like to know if you paid the installment payment before applying and also do I need to submit English test result since I was given admission without English test requirements.

Hi Sammiejokes, are you for Durham college as well? I didn't pay anything before applying because as at when I applied (October), I had till December 1st to pay. However, Rosemary- Durhams rep for West Africa said payments will still be received after this date. For English test result, when I was about applying to them, I called the Admissions Office and they said English Test results are not required for Nigeria because we are already an English speaking country. They even took out the English Test column on my Application portal so I think you should be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
xtus:

Thanks...... I have seen it and have replies your mail as well. Kindly check it

Ok I will
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by eMidas: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
michaelbelgium:

I do not want to take chances so i resorted to university of ottawa and waterloo....i have started preparing my mail to get a supervisor at ottawa already

Does one need a Supervisor if one is applied to a course-based only program? I think getting a supervisor is required if its research-based program??
I'm applying to Ottawa as well. Can I reach you off Nairaland? Thanks.

the360storm@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.