Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913505 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mohbest: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:
Hello House
Please who knows how & where I can get a cheap flight to Toronto against 28th of December? Please don't tell me to check wakanow because their prices are outrageous. Also, to those who just picked up their passports, my passport was dispatched on Monday, when can I pick it up? Lastly, those already in Canada, what are we likely to face at the point of entry? tongue

i can help with that. i just checked now
turkish airline is approximately 310.
you can email tania.ogaje@yahoo.com for more information

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
Amefricaa:
Just passing...

...good luck to everyone in the house. smiley

Bruh how far longtime
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kennynelcon(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Riddeek:
no, i am a prospective applicant just like you, i am just waiting for my scopeless sch to end their protest, organize convocation and hand over my certificate and transcript before i apply. So right now the VC of my sch has just paused my progress and i hope he does not forget to press play soon.
ECE means Electrical and Computer Engineering

oga do you mean UNN?
I'm waiting too, but my high hope is turning to hope.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
ladykilllar:

Thanks, are you telling me your whole tuition is 8775$? Now another question hope this installmental payment does not affect my visa application and does not increase my chances of rejection?

My whole tuition is 7275, I have already paid the money required to reserve a seat for the program but I am yet to pay the balance for my first semester tuition fee. Once you pay the money for reservation of seat it will be deducted from your first semester tuition fee (e.g 7275 - 1500) so a balance for the first semester tuition fee will have to be paid before a given date.

And no, it does't affect your application but it's best you pay the remaining balance before or on the due date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adegbiteboy85: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author=adegbiteboy85 post=51301363][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adegbiteboy85: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
adegbiteboy85:
I greet all the gurus in the house. Thanks for your wonderful contributions..

Can I use both my Bsc Pol Sci and masters in HR related course with 3yrs work experience in HR (all in Nigeria) to apply for admission into a Masters programme in Canada (MUN to be precise)?

Will my Masters cert here in Nigeria and experience boost my chances of admission if I include reasons like international exposure, global standard practice knowledge and easy gateway to seek offer to further my PhD.

Note: my reason for wanting to add this cert is am not sure only my bsc grade of 2.2 and employment history will be enough for the admission. And I don't think I can finance any course that is more than 1yr.

Please candid suggestions are needed my people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Gymme:
Turkish? Nahhh...personally, if one can fly with Turkish, one should be able to fly Ethiopian. So far, with my experiences, Ethiopia is better. Was actually impressed that an African airline flies 'directly' from North America and with good services.

Ethiopian among others.

Chat with Nony1 ..... he should have met a link that meets your requirements.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by eMidas: 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
mohbest:

yes they do... im leaving im december for january. let me know of you need help. tania.ogaje@yahoo.com

Hello Tina,
I sent you an email. Kindly reciprocate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Travel tips:
Pls guys... in as much as it is wise to shop for cheap flight tickets... kindly also be aware of your environment and happenings!
Example....I for one will not advise a route around Istanbul for now.
You may also wish to buy a one-way ticket instead of return.
Be particular about information concerning movement of your baggages (especially in transit trips); so you wont get to canada before your baggage grin
Deal with reliable travel companies..... not the ones who would tell you that your tickets will be brought to you at the airport!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
Not looking for a flight. Just shared my experience.

Folaroyal:

Chat with Nony1 ..... he should have met a link that meets your requirements.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Ok. Thank you. Been on this fee stuff since yesterday. Finally found a way with GTB today.

Please can you share how you did this here. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ylinkz2020: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hi guys.
Please, i need your advice.
I have been invited for Canadian and Australian PR(189). I am really confused as to which to pick.

I am an IT guy(Java, Web, ASP, C#, Android). I have eyes for Toronto or Melbourne. Married to a Pharmacist with one kid.

I have researched my eyes out and read everything there is to read. I still can't decide. I think I am even more confused.

I don't think I can afford to apply for both of them now (Buhari has not been nice embarassed).

For those that have done this before, what is your opinion.

BTW, I'm not afraid of cold weather, so its not really a factor against Canada.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 3:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Hi Sammiejokes, are you for Durham college as well? I didn't pay anything before applying because as at when I applied (October), I had till December 1st to pay. However, Rosemary- Durhams rep for West Africa said payments will still be received after this date. For English test result, when I was about applying to them, I called the Admissions Office and they said English Test results are not required for Nigeria because we are already an English speaking country. They even took out the English Test column on my Application portal so I think you should be fine.
Thanks so much dear for the useful information, I actually applied got admissions to fanshawe college ( city of london) two hours from Toronto and Seneca college in Toronto. I have till June 2017 to pay for any of the college but I also need your input from experience. I have a friend he works with KPMG in Toronto and he is a permanent resident now, can I use him as additional sponsor will it boost my application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
if you are applying for course-based program , no need to look for a supervisor before applying.

eMidas:

Does one need a Supervisor if one is applied to a course-based only program? I think getting a supervisor is required if its research-based program??
I'm applying to Ottawa as well. Can I reach you off Nairaland? Thanks.

the360storm@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sammiejokes(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Chrissybaybee:
Thank you so much guys. @MichV God Bless you. You don't know how much your contributions on this thread has helped me.
The documents I submitted were:

Sponsor (my mum)
Employment Letter
Confirmation of employment
Tax Clearance Certificate
Treasury Bills
TR statement (showing her annual income)
Letter of Introduction from her company
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship
Land documents (2 lands)
Birth Certificate
Certificate of origin
Data page of international passport
Pay slips (Jan - Sept 2016)
Company ID card
Statement of account (9.4m) after she transferred 4m to my account - she had good inflow and outflow
Reference letter from her bank
Letter from her company stating that I am a dependent on a full staff of the company so as such incase of any mishaps (accidents,death -but God forbid it IJN AMEN) the company will be responsible for 60% of my upkeep while in Canada -(the study period only sha)

Siblings and dad:
Birth certificates
Certificate of origin
Data page of international passport

Me:
CIC forms and checklist
Admission Letter from Durham
University transcript
Resume
University certificate
Waec and neco results
Past letters of employment
Birth certificate
Photocopy of my data page
Sop
Statement of result
Police report
cic passport size (2)
NYSC certificate
E medicals form from TCP
Letter of Attestation of good character from my pastor and mom's lawyer
Previous visas
Statement of account (4.3m) - my sponsor transferred 4m to my account and stated in her sponsorship letter that it's for my travel expenses and upkeep while in Canada for the duration of my study period (1 year)
I was not working but I stated in my sop that I am currently into mobile catering, 'make up' and a fashion designer which are all Bourne out of passion (I didn't even add any form of evidence)

I didn't pay any fees because I had till December to pay. I'll go ahead and pay the required fee to confirm my seat (I'll need help here please because I don't know how it's done now since form A has been barned)
I submitted my application on the 6th of October, I don't know when I passed medicals because I was not notified (I used paper route). Approval mail came in today.

How I tackled my 1st refusal reasons:
It was HRM in centennial college. I was refused based on:
Travel History
Family ties in Canada and country of residence
Personal assets and financial status
Purpose of visit
Current employment situation.

I was denied in November last year.
For travel history: I traveled to Dubai, South Africa, Ghana, kenya, (Jerusalem-Italy-Greece-this was a promo advertised to my mom's coy by a travel agency for 610k to the 3places so we jumped at it)

Family ties: I added my siblings and dads birth certificates, certificate of origin & intl passport data page and also stated in my sop that after my study program I would return to my home country to be closer to my family (na so lol) and then I added my sponsors 2nd land documents. For financial status, I added my account and also stated the transfer from my sponsor to my account in my sop.

Purpose of visit: i studied computer science in school and went for HRM but I guess I was wrong (I actually thought doing a PGD was beneficial to those who wanted to change careers but maybe it's not the same with Canada) so I opted for a related course in computer science. I stated in my sop how the course will be beneficial to me academically and in my home country.

Current employment situation: I noticed it was because I had no work experience in HRM so I included all my past employment letters from companies where I worked in their IT dept. I also included my past IT certification course certificates. I don't know if that helped.

I was able to do all these because of all I learnt on this forum especially from the gurus michV & co.

Well that's all I did. My current course is for 8months and I'm told ild have to do another course after this if I want 3years work permit...arrrrrgh. TBH, this is why I wanted UOIT because the course I opted for was for one year and it's msc, I could have been done in one year but I'm not complaining, I still thank God for this opportunity.

please I'll need help on how to go about in paying my fees o...Abeg don't abandon me + any Durham college applicant for winter 2017?? Please let's rub minds, accommodation and all.

I wish all TRV hopefuls the best. Don't give up, it will come out positive. Amen.

God Bless you all and sorry for my long post.

Have u been able to pay? I will help you liaise with my office guys paying school fees online for their online courses in UK,they used stanbic ibtc like last two weeks at official bank rate. people still have a way around it 250 to 320 no be small difference. will be resuming work on Monday though.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hi,

I want to defer my admission. I need to someone to please help me make the payment in Canadian dollars while i pay the Naira equivalent into the person's/relative's account. Please help as i am racing against time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Nony1 can u please send me ur email address. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
kennynelcon:

oga do you mean UNN?
I'm waiting too, but my high hope is turning to hope.
no, not UNN, mine is FUTA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Flawless1988: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
pololiswang:
Dear House,

Please i got this update on my tracker. I have done upfront medical and they already have my passport. however i am yet to receive an email or a text. This update was as of yesterday evening.

"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 23/11/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

Kindly advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hayqinsbFX: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
Anybody coming to Fanshawe college, London this January.
There is a room available in a nice house that is 3 minutes walk to school.
Inbox if interested.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sammiejokes:

Thanks so much dear for the useful information, I actually applied got admissions to fanshawe college ( city of london) two hours from Toronto and Seneca college in Toronto. I have till June 2017 to pay for any of the college but I also need your input from experience. I have a friend he works with KPMG in Toronto and he is a permanent resident now, can I use him as additional sponsor will it boost my application.

Well like I said I didn't pay anything and you may really not need to except it's a requirement on your offer letter. But if you want to, you can. As for the additional sponsor, I'm not very sure on this. Please michV, mikymiko, tarry, brandymcmb and other gurus here, come to my aid in answering sammiejokes question about sponsorship. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by judlice84: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
TRV approved

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
judlice84:
TRV approved
Just like dat shocked.... pls share success story joooor.
Many congratulations!!!!

Wen did yu submit? Online or paper?
Medicals?
School?/programme?/intake when?
Share documents.
We're right here to advise and support through your travel plans till you fly.... while also guys are on standby to help with settling into Canada.... just ask.
Best wishes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.