Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913932 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your help as to my profile and intent
Bsc(ed) Geography
3.85/5.00
Toefl;84
GRE:280

I intend to apply for Msc in Geography with specialization in G.I.S or Msc GIS .
My questions are;
1. Just trying to get some schools that will fit in for my profile(how do I get moderate schools interm of fees and
2. How does one know if a school have. Funding opportunities
3. Is it possible to get funding with these my profile looking at my low score in toefl and gre
4. The application process is quite challenging abit( what are the documents needed by schools before admission decision are reached)
5. Do I need to include bank statement when applying to schools
6.While going through the thread I came across some that paid part of school fees. Is it compulsoryfor canadian schools to pay part tuition before applying to embassy for visa
7. Please don't be crossed with my questions am just a new bee on canadian who would love to seek advice and ask for the right path instead of forming Mr know all with what I read without even knowing anything at all
8. Pls Sirs /Mas, I would be grateful for any contribution because I intend to start my app for september2017. Though I check two schools today Uof Mannitoba and Saint frasers uni I think.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=opia12345 post=49095552]Sorry brother, but you gat to push on... we ve seen people with 3 diff denials and we all shared the joy with them on the fourth.. lets push on bro.. the second one must be it ... [/quote

Supported..let's give it one more shot...for me am trying for the last time and if they Bleep me up unnecessarily again, will try Estonia Nd odas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
I think you may have gotten denied due to the likelihood that the rapid devaluation of the Naira caused your sponsors funds to fall below your $29,200CAD total annual costs. When you applied, the Naira was stronger but the VO looked at your app after the Naira had weakened considerably. Sorry about that bro. Let me know if this back of the napkin analysis holds true.

michV:
yea i have and i feel devastated and heart broken! They could not find a tangible reason but only to tick insufficient funds to pay TUITION fees only is saddening. My clear sincere profile of funds on this.
I paid 7789cad 1st semester tuition fee,
My blood mother was my sponsor and still active in service,Inshot a Bank officer at zenith bank and i am the only dependant in her sponsorship.
Statement of acct for the period of 6months,no money lodgement, was 13mill inflow,6.1mill closing balance,her land docs,her stocks and its certificates.
total remaining school fees + accommodation and others were = 29200cad.employment docs of hers,her payslip,her work Id,intro letter,sponsorship letter,affidavit of support were in place. This is a total heart break for me. I have already applied for my GCMS NOTE and about to terminate my PGC admission with my school.To me it's clear CIC GAMBLES with pgd(c) TRV applications.my hardworks went in vain. I just don't know how to start all over again cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
This isn't correct actually. The inflow is not as important as the balance. The balance is what is important! This is stated on the CIC site; at least one year's full tuition plus 10k CAD should be in the bank account (or other liquid form). Also, we have repeatedly seen on this thread that an applicant without the sufficient funds in his/her sponsor's account will very likely get an insufficient fund denial.

I don't know why the inflow-outflow argument might be seen as important. Cash is king in the eyes of the VO, and I've never heard of any embassy in Nigeria taking the inflow-outflow more seriously than the account balance (for student visas specifically).

Eraytee:

I won't agree with dat cox wen looking at funds, wot is most important is d inflow not d balance cox it easier 2 withdraw ur balance frm ur acc. But d inflow actually tells d VO d trajectory progression of money coming into d acc. I fink @michV wasn't lucky with d VO dat accessed his doc. Have seen pple who got TRV with less dan a mil as d balance in d acc. He was just refused on baseless pt (my opinion dou).

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:
I think you may have gotten denied due to the likelihood that the rapid devaluation of the Naira caused your sponsors funds to fall below your $29,200CAD total annual costs. When you applied, the Naira was stronger but the VO looked at your app after the Naira had weakened considerably. Sorry about that bro. Let me know if this back of the napkin analysis holds true.

my mentor! My guess has been revolving to ur sentiments though my program is a 1yr Program.all conversions were made as of the time/period i applied in reference to the rate of cad to naira.but what confuses me is people i met on this forum who left for Canada recently on MEng programs which has no funding and never paid tuition dime during their applicaton got granted with a sole sponsor having such closing balance and also having equivalent total funds as mine if the paid tuition is included.i ll wait for the outcome of my GCMS note which i have already applied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bro you didn't make a mistake by expressing your emotions on this public forum. As humans we all are emotional beings. This thread is also in a way a support group, so please don't let anyone tell you that you did wrong by expressing your frustrations or having a backup plan; this is just being human and being wise.

I hope things get better.

Also, you have been extremely valuable to many on this thread. So rest assured that you have knowingly and unknowingly helped people get their TRVs. Unfortunately life is extremely unfair but just keep pushing, better things will come.

michV:
in as much as you have presented a nice post but i would say getting VISA is God's mercy on the individual. Some individuals with stronger faith,good apppication,who have read all the psalms pages in the Bible, prayed and fasted but still they got refused.some people become righteous and prayerful during visa period,go and watch some people's lifestyle and attitude after they must have gotten the TRV toward God and human.this is just using GOD as a SPARE TYRE.if God considers our iniquities, most of us here are not worth his mercies including me.my auntie would say na who oyibo wan give visa dem go give cos some application are not worth it still they get granted which we all witness here. Some don't even pray/fast over Visa and they are getting visas to many countries as they like.oyibo that brought out the word CONTINGENCY PLANNING never made mistake on that word and it's not a bad idea if one has or planning for one.if ur app has stayed for more than 15weeks,you would not blame/fault my thoughts/emotions.the mistake i would condone i made was letting my frustration out on the public forum.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:

Bsc(ed) Geography
3.85/5.00
Toefl;84

I intend to apply for Msc in Geography with specialization in G.I.S or Msc GIS .
My questions are;
1. Just trying to get some schools that will fit in for my profile(how do I get moderate schools interm of fees and
3. Is it possible to get funding with these my profile looking at my low score in toefl and gre
4. The application process is quite challenging abit( what are the documents needed by schools before admission decision are reached)
6.While going through the thread I came across some that paid part of school fees. Is it compulsoryfor canadian schools to pay part tuition before applying to embassy for visa
7. Please don't be crossed with my questions am just a new bee on canadian who would love to seek advice and ask for the right path instead of forming Mr know all with what I read without even knowing anything at all
8. Pls Sirs /Mas, I would be grateful for any contribution because I intend to start my app for september2017. Though I check two schools today Uof Mannitoba and Saint frasers uni I think.

Boss please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Phunmmiee:

Thanks, Can we stop to do good because one person erred No.
It is well

Bsc(ed) Geography
3.85/5.00
Toefl;84

My questions are;

Please your contribution is needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
It is indeed possible that some VOs are more lenient with masters applicants. But the thing is we can't yet make that generalization because there may be some masters applicants that have been denied for the same reasons (and in the same situation) as you. Remember that we only have a subset of applicants on this thread so we don't really know the overall statistics. Plus, every application is different and every VO is different as well.
michV:
my mentor! My guess has been revolving to ur sentiments though my program is a 1yr Program.all conversions were made as of the time/period i applied in reference to the rate of cad to naira.but what confuses me is people i met on this forum who left for Canada recently on MEng programs which has no funding and never paid tuition dime during their applicaton got granted with a sole sponsor having such closing balance and also having equivalent total funds as mine if the paid tuition is included.i ll wait for the outcome of my GCMS note which i have already applied.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dnwabz: 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
phunshiano:

Thanks yes she did.
Wow...thanks boss for the response....i think you got a PM[color=][/color] grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Please at everybody I need your response. It will go a long way to help my MINISTRY. God bless us all.

omokay80, leumasnuges3, mryoung16, dnwabz, Jimaktol,
Matte2016, LifeIsGuhd(f), michV, thesoj, JayJustus(m),
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ministry?
Anyways, first I'd recommend you don't spam the thread. You have posted the same long post several times in a few minutes.

Secondly, your questions show that you need to acquaint yourself with Google.com. There are so many people willing to help on this forum, but there wouldn't be anyone here to help if no one was willing to do any research to help themselves. Help yourself.

For a start, this post may help:
https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11#48871944

OJCITY22:
Please at everybody I need your response. It will go a long way to help my MINISTRY. God bless us all.

omokay80, leumasnuges3, mryoung16, dnwabz, Jimaktol,
Matte2016, LifeIsGuhd(f), michV, thesoj, JayJustus(m),

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:
It is indeed possible that some VOs are more lenient with masters applicants. But the thing is we can't yet make that generalization because there may be some masters applicants that have been denied for the same reasons (and in the same situation) as you. Remember that we only have a subset of applicants on this thread so we don't really know the overall statistics. Plus, every application is different and every VO is different as well.
grin bro! Always making conscientious wise write up.lemme await and see what my GCMS note would reveal

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lawmerchant: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:
Bro/sis, I'm afraid your advice is incorrect. You have been corrected several times but you still repeat the same incorrect advice. Smh.
@aubreyr, read back a couple of pages there was a conversation about your question a few days ago.

No apologies sir. What we have stated is fact based on information obtained from CIC contact center in Canada. You and other monickers can go ahead and continue to express your opinion based on your idea as to how you think things work. May be the agent at CIC contact center is wrong while you and the other monickers in NL are right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:
Bro you didn't make a mistake by expressing your emotions on this public forum. As humans we all are emotional beings. This thread is also in a way a support group, so please don't let anyone tell you that you did wrong by expressing your frustrations or having a backup plan; this is just being human and being wise.

I hope things get better.

Also, you have been extremely valuable to many on this thread. So rest assured that you have knowingly and unknowingly helped people get their TRVs. Unfortunately life is extremely unfair but just keep pushing, better things will come.

thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:
Ministry?
Anyways, first I'd recommend you don't spam the thread. You have posted the same long post several times in a few minutes.

Secondly, your questions show that you need to acquaint yourself with Google.com. There are so many people willing to help on this forum, but there wouldn't be anyone here to help if no one was willing to do any research to help themselves. Help yourself.

For a start, this post may help:
https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11#48871944

Thanks for your response boss. I'm very grateful.
Actually I just concluded that.

Buh. Few things I do not really get and that was why I intend to ask the questions.
Few schools I googled most of I saw 86 and above for toefl and considering my toefl which is not up to that.
Moreover, does one need to. Submit bank statement also or its after admission has been given
And cgpa! What are my chances as well. Hope its not too low boss. Going for Msc Geography

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
The CIC website supercedes what any anonymous/unknown agent at a CIC contact center supposedly said.
Not asking for an apology, and none needed. Your statement that you cannot obtain a study permit at the POE with another school's admission letter is categorically incorrect; now a debate can be had about if it is a wise thing to do, but that's a separate topic.
lawmerchant:
No apologies sir. What we have stated is fact based on information obtained from CIC contact center in Canada. You and other monickers can go ahead and continue to express your opinion based on your idea as to how you think things work. May be the agent at CIC contact center is wrong while you and the other monickers in NL are right.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
I can already tell that you didn't read the content of the link I sent you.

The post that the link directs you to contains information about how to search for schools in Canada. It will take you a few minutes to type your course into the university search website (embedded in the post) and then browse the department's admission page to see their toefl cutoff (or if it is even required). You will also in the same way find out if they need your bank statement and more.

As per your CGPA, you meet the minimum requirement for most schools but this doesn't guarantee admission. You need to write a fantastic SOP and get really good recommendation letters.
OJCITY22:

Buh. Few things I do not really get and that was why I intend to ask the questions.
Few schools I googled most of I saw 86 and above for toefl and considering my toefl which is not up to that.
Moreover, does one need to. Submit bank statement also or its after admission has been given
And cgpa! What are my chances as well. Hope its not too low boss. Going for Msc Geography

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:
I can already tell that you didn't read the content of the link I sent you.

The post that the link directs you to contains information about how to search for schools in Canada. It will take you a few minutes to type your course into the university search website (embedded in the post) and then browse the department's admission page to see their toefl cutoff (or if it is even required). You will also in the same way find out if they need your bank statement and more.

As per your CGPA, you meet the minimum requirement for most schools but this doesn't guarantee admission. You need to write a fantastic SOP and get really good recommendation letters.

Currently reading through the link. Thanks a lot and will get back to you as soon as I narrow down my search.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
thesoj:

Truth is VOs believe Masters is very valuable and easily understand purpose of going for a master at huge expense but not so with pgd, therefore we see frequent denial based on purpose of visit or insufficient fund for pgd/c application

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sure, it is probably easier for a VO to understand the purpose of visit of a masters student than for a PGD student. But this doesn't automatically translate to assuming that every PGD denial is victim to this possible [and, unfortunately, justifiable] VO bias.
Tarry:

Truth is VOs believe Masters is very valuable and easily understand purpose of going for a master at huge expense but not so with pgd, therefore we see frequent denial based on purpose of visit or insufficient fund for pgd/c application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ok, great.
OJCITY22:
Currently reading through the link. Thanks a lot and will get back to you as soon as I narrow down my search.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
OJCITY22:

for Msc many canadian school do not require toefl, so don't have to bother yourself too much on that

You don't need bank statement for admission only when you want to apply for study permit

to help you with your cgpa, just as thesoj said, you need to come up with good sop and reference and probably contact a faculty member who will be willing to supervise you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by okechukwu101: 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
@MichV. ....greetings Bro. take heart. U are a soldier. Just put in for MSc and also try Yankee too. If possible, Australia also.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by okechukwu101: 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
I Don even tire for tracking sef. Make I track my own sef. Since May 16th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2016
Arcayo:
@MichV.......sorry bro, since it insufficient funds only, I don't think you really need GCMS but there I no harm in applying for it.
It is well bro, you will get it next time

Pls what is GCMS?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2016
michV:
the tuition deposit i made was a condition on my LOA to secure my seat whilst the offer expires on a specified date which i obliged not that i just wanted to pay the fees.now the school will be collecting cad$100 from my same fee for administrative processing of my refund Money wasting upandan cry

I think The dollar has gained very well against naira, when they refund u there will be an increase from ur initial money paid u will not notice they remove $100
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ayoadeola2016: 4:02am On Sep 06, 2016
Hello house, I have done my medical and I have confirmed from the iom that my results has been sent to the visa office since 16th of August and am yet to get the medical result mail from the CIC. How can I go about it? Gurus in the house pls help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 5:33am On Sep 06, 2016
So when i got to my POE (Vancouver), the immigration officer mistakenly put University of New Brunswick on my Study Permit instead of University of Northern British Columbia.

I pointed his attention to the error and he non-chalantly said "The school on it doesn't matter".

With that experience of mine, i can say

'One can (may) change school at POE.'

cc @Lawmerchant

thesoj:
The CIC website supercedes what any anonymous/unknown agent at a CIC contact center supposedly said.
Not asking for an apology, and none needed. Your statement that you cannot obtain a study permit at the POE with another school's admission letter is categorically incorrect; now a debate can be had about if it is a wise thing to do, but that's a separate topic.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by andre99(m): 6:19am On Sep 06, 2016
Thank you for clearing the doubting Thomas, the issue has even been sorted out since last week, everyone told him but he believed he knew it all. @thesoj is really a matured guy with valuable information, i liked the way he responded to him without being defensive.
Please do enjoy ur stay in maple land.
Gymme:
So when i got to my POE (Vancouver), the immigration officer mistakenly put University of New Brunswick on my Study Permit instead of University of Northern British Columbia.

I pointed his attention to the error and he non-chalantly said "The school on it doesn't matter".

With that experience of mine, i can say

'One can (may) change school at POE.'

cc @Lawmerchant

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 6:58am On Sep 06, 2016
You are very welcome bro.
michV:
thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2016
michV my brother... I was so so shocked at ur delay. my man dont let CIC baseless delay distract u. put d areas in order after u v seen ur GCMS note . I think M.SC would be better dis time. God will see u tru bro. God won't let u down becos of ur contributions n encouragements to others. it is well bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.