Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911740 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluseyi17(f): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hi all,
Thank God for Nairaland forum, you guys simply rock! God bless us all and make all our plans succeed.

I applied for a Study permit May 19,2016 and I am yet to receive a notification of my passport. I have also done my medicals and forwarded same. My school resumes tomorrow Sept 6,2016. Should I panic? this is my 2nd visa application with CIC, my first was a visit which was used properly.

Please my people,advise/encourage me cos right now my head wan explode!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
oluseyi17:
Hi all,
Thank God for Nairaland forum, you guys simply rock! God bless us all and make all our plans succeed.

I applied for a Study permit May 19,2016 and I am yet to receive a notification of my passport. I have also done my medicals and forwarded same. My school resumes tomorrow Sept 6,2016. Should I panic? this is my 2nd visa application with CIC, my first was a visit which was used properly.

In actual fact deres nuffin 2 panic abt, we both in same shoes n we av many others here who r in same scenario as urs. Just continue 2 pray it all end in praise. I can only advise u 2 defer ur admsn till winter 2017.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
lawmerchant:

You can only use your Lakehead university admission letter (either for a program starting in Fall or Winter Session) to obtain a study permit at the port of entry. You cannot University of Waterloo admission letter. However, you can change school after your study permit is ISSUED by notifying CIC via your online account. So its either you leave now or you differ your Lakehead university admission to Winter.

Steps in notifying CIC of change of DLI http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
lawmerchant:

You can only use your Lakehead university admission letter (either for a program starting in Fall or Winter Session) to obtain a study permit at the port of entry. You cannot University of Waterloo admission letter. However, you can change school after your study permit is ISSUED by notifying CIC via your online account. So its either you leave now or you differ your Lakehead university admission to Winter.
Steps in notifying CIC of change of DLI http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
michV:
yea i have and i feel devastated and heart broken! They could not find a tangible reason but only to tick insufficient funds to pay TUITION fees only is saddening. My clear sincere profile of funds on this.
I paid 7789cad 1st semester tuition fee,
My blood mother was my sponsor and still active in service,Inshot a Bank officer at zenith bank and i am the only dependant in her sponsorship.
Statement of acct for the period of 6months,no money lodgement, was 13mill inflow,6.1mill closing balance,her land docs,her stocks and its certificates.
total remaining school fees + accommodation and others were = 29200cad.employment docs of hers,her payslip,her work Id,intro letter,sponsorship letter,affidavit of support were in place. This is a total heart break for me. I have already applied for my GCMS NOTE and about to terminate my PGC admission with my school.To me it's clear CIC GAMBLES with pgd(c) TRV applications.my hardworks went in vain. I just don't know how to start all over again cry cry

You're getting it on your next try bruh

Don't give up!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
michV:
yea i have and i feel devastated and heart broken! They could not find a tangible reason but only to tick insufficient funds to pay TUITION fees only is saddening. My clear sincere profile of funds on this.
My blood mother was my sponsor and still active in service,Inshot a Bank officer at zenith bank and i am the only dependant in her sponsorship.
Statement of acct for the period of 6months,no money lodgement, was 13mill inflow,6.1mill closing balance,her land docs,her stocks and its certificates.
total remaining school fees + accommodation and others were = 29200cad.employment docs of hers,her payslip,her work Id,intro letter,sponsorship letter,affidavit of support were in place. This is a total heart break for me. I have already applied for my GCMS NOTE and about to terminate my PGC admission with my school.To me it's clear CIC GAMBLES with pgd(c) TRV applications.my hardworks went in vain. I just don't know how to start all over again cry cry

Wow. This is heartbreaking indeed. Especially after the long wait. Winners never quit. Please show them what you are made of.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
For those who wish to change schools after TRV approval

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
michV:
I tink i understand y funds was tickd: official rate of canadian dollars is around 240. Using dat 29200×240= 7,008,000. funds available wasnt enough. An increase in funds will do the trick.
*my opinion sha*

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluseyi17(f): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
In actual fact deres nuffin 2 panic abt, we both in same shoes n we av many others here who r in same scenario as urs. Just continue 2 pray it all end in praise. I can only advise u 2 defer ur admsn till winter 2017.

thank you for that response. It will end in praise for us all,amen

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by snoop4dem: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
Guys please is there any thread online for Spousal Open Work Permit. I would really appreciate your help on this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Made123: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
Arcayo:
@MichV.......sorry bro, since it insufficient funds only, I don't think you really need GCMS but there I no harm in applying for it.
It is well bro, you will get it next time
This is serious.. @michV sorry about the outcome. God will see you through in your next trial
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Once u link your paper application online, it's almost immediately...doesn't take forever....u get a notification in ur mail instantly.

CannyZionist:

Maybe the application is yet to be entered into their system.. I stand to be corrected though, cos I really don't know what to think

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
Lool.....calm down o

e author=emma4eva post=49095470] Jesus... Cold don begin hold me.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
There's nothing you can do, my school resumes tomorrow also nd I applied May 11th, this is my 2nd application nd medicals has been ticked pass....but no news from them....by d way is ur schl Fanshawe College?

oluseyi17:
Hi all,

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
MichV, sorry o. You have been very helpful to others. Now my candid advice: Since you have a second class upper, I will advise you apply for an MSC or MA as the case may be. In my view, the visa officer(s) might think that you are attempting to escape via an easy route because they believe since you made a 2.1, nothing should stop you from applying for a Master. They just ticked that to justify their rejection. If you indeed have PGD or PGC in mind, you can simply change to that on getting to Canada. Remember, getting the passage is the most important step for now. Get admission into a low tuition university for a Master and see how quick the approval will be. Adding more funds to this may still give the same result. My opinion pls. Thanks and take heart to fire once again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
emma4eva:
I tink i understand y funds was tickd: official rate of canadian dollars is around 240. Using dat 29200×240= 7,008,000. funds available wasnt enough. An increase in funds will do the trick.
*my opinion sha*
i may have considered that,yea you could be right,but i have observed master's applicants profiles for September 2016 session with thesame closing balance even without paying a tuition dime,regardless of cash inflow and number of dependants of their sponsors which are factors considered too but they got approved even as inlaws,uncles,nieces were sponsors.To my own sponsorship profile and making a deposit too, this is just an excuse even if my GCMS would say something,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Odisco2(m): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
Good evening Nairalanders.
Your help is needed here.
I graduated 3 Years ago from UNIBEN with second class (lower division). I studied Philosophy.
Please can anyone help with any university in Canada with less expenses where I can do my master? I will be glad to hear from you.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ajayi4:
MichV, sorry o. You have been very helpful to others. Now my candid advice: Since you have a second class upper, I will advise you apply for an MSC or MA as the case may be. In my view, the visa officer(s) might think that you are attempting to escape via an easy route because they believe since you made a 2.1, nothing should stop you from applying for a Master. They just ticked that to justify their rejection. If you indeed have PGD or PGC in mind, you can simply change to that on getting to Canada. Remember, getting the passage is the most important step for now. Get admission into a low tuition university for a Master and see how quick the approval will be. Adding more funds to this may still give the same result. My opinion pls. Thanks and take heart to fire once again.
thank you sir and to other concerned. I have already filed to terminate my PGC admission and planning to get my refund back.i will struggle hard for a masters admission.i am just devastated now.To me the VO's reason was just an excuse since he couldn't lay hands on something else. This is heart cracking to me cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
I fully understand how you feel right now. It is normal. Just encourage yourself, remember for every dark cloud there is a silver lining. Look for a Master programme as I did in a low tuition paying school, and you may even be lucky to be funded. On getting to Canada, change school once and for all. Nothing stops you the. Dealing with these VOs with what I have read here so far requires great intelligence and reading of their minds with the way they treat others. Begin search now and let us know which school you opt for. Never give up. I personally opted for MUN because I knew I didn't have rich sponsors. So, be smarter this time around. If the school fees of a college or university is very expensive, they doubt the possibility of Nigerians paying such fees. They thing upfront tuition payment, for some, is just to fool them. Chikena.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
emma4eva:
*my opinion sha*

I won't agree with dat cox wen looking at funds, wot is most important is d inflow not d balance cox it easier 2 withdraw ur balance frm ur acc. But d inflow actually tells d VO d trajectory progression of money coming into d acc. I fink @michV wasn't lucky with d VO dat accessed his doc. Have seen pple who got TRV with less dan a mil as d balance in d acc. He was just refused on baseless pt (my opinion dou).

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Odisco2(m): 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
I graduated 3 Years ago from UNIBEN with second class (lower division). I studied Philosophy.
Please can anyone help with any university in Canada with less expenses where I can do my master? I will be glad to hear from you.
Thanks. @Ajayi4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
Odisco2:
Thanks. @Ajayi4
Try MUN, very cheap and qualitative
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
I don't know what these people want us to do again , michv's profile of funds is the same as mine + my Friend who just resumed said he saw less than 10 Nigerian students in the college who resumed for fall semester....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bro @humbleosazee how far your app, expecting a reply from CIC soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by opia12345: 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
bros, cic just do as they like oo..how can one handle current employment situation as a reason for delay, Can MBA stand same chance as MSc?
Carter001:
I don't know what these people want us to do again , michv's profile of funds is the same as mine + my Friend who just resumed said he saw less than 10 Nigerian students in the college who resumed for fall semester....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Carter001(m): 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
opia12345:
bros, cic just do as they like oo..how can one handle current employment situation as a reason for delay, Can MBA stand same chance as MSc?

I've seen some folks get TRV with MBA , so far it's in line with your BSc , think you are good to go bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ajayi4:
I fully understand. So, be smarter this time around. If the school fees of a college or university is very expensive, they doubt the possibility of Nigerians paying such fees. They think upfront tuition payment for some, is just to fool them. Chikena.
the tuition deposit i made was a condition on my LOA to secure my seat whilst the offer expires on a specified date which i obliged not that i just wanted to pay the fees.now the school will be collecting cad$100 from my same fee for administrative processing of my refund Money wasting upandan cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ommyk: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello house, I need an opinion on this and how to go about it. A business management graduate but I want to switch to healthcare in Canada.Please don't ignore
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
opia12345:
bro from what i have seen on GCMS note,"current employment situation" is when a VO faults your program et al.it doesn't mean you are unemployed or the VO didn't observe your employment documents you added

Carter001:
even if our profiles are same,your Guardian Angel is not same as mine,you can be lucky. different strokes for each application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BE811APP: 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
They should be calculating the equivalent of the exchange rate as at the time the application was submitted!!!

emma4eva:
*my opinion sha*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BE811APP: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
When did u get a mail from CIC??

michV:
thank you sir and to other concerned. I have already filed to terminate my PGC admission and planning to get my refund back.i will struggle hard for a masters admission.i am just devastated now.To me the VO's reason was just an excuse since he couldn't lay hands on something else. This is heart cracking to me cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
cayordey007:
Once u link your paper application online, it's almost immediately...doesn't take forever....u get a notification in ur mail instantly.

I found this

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.