Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912443 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 19, 2016
Gymme:
I sent you a PM bro. A friend needs cheaper flight.

Ohhh... We're unable to respond to pm on NL... Everyone has been complaining. I will send to you but in any case you don't receive I'll give you my email.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2016
Got it and replied you. Thanks for your promptness.

Folaroyal:

Ohhh... We're unable to respond to pm on NL... Everyone has been complaining. I will send to you but in any case you don't receive I'll give you my email.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2016
Gymme:
Got it and replied you. Thanks for your promptness.

OK... Sent to you and sorry for the delay.
Meanwhile, many of our guys on this thread have benefited from this same contact and they could have as well responded.... It shouldn't always be me sending the contact ooo... Except we don't want to share... grin but of course we are one family... there's love in sharing!! shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 19, 2016
Soulsister:

Not yet, prepearing to apply. How far with the gcms? When do u resume? Which school?
While awaiting GCMS please check attachment. It's wise to apply for study permit.
Regards

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2016
Osemigho:

A bit competitive ke? Bros, replace the "Bit" with "Very". They accept about 10% of applicants i.e. 20 out of 200, with international students having just about 4-5 spaces out of the twenty. Recent statistics also show that there are more international applicants than domestic. So, international applicants have acceptance rate of probably 5%.

Except your meet all admission requirement perfectly with very strong GPA (95-100%), fantastic Statement of research intent, and or you have publications. You may want to consider other schools down the hierarchical ladder - please, UofToronto is not included. However, Na humans dey go there too not angels. So, you and I too can. Lets just have alternative(s).

It will end with praises. Shalom!

I use 'bit' so i wont discourage our frnd. Did u apply for thesis based.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2016
yemimajid:
Hello, how possible is it to get into an MBA program with little or no work experience, and how good is a cgpa of 3.67 in hopes of getting a schorlarship...i'm looking at unimanitoba and memorial uni. Thanks
Please guys. Any help or contribution. It would be much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2016
elimsme:

I use 'bit' so i wont discourage our frnd. Did u apply for thesis based.

I understand your choice of words. I had to be real with him since your approach was soft. Hard comes after soft. grin

Yes. I am going for thesis based and I know it will be a miracle if I am accepted. I look forward to the miracle anyway but have other alternatives. Might not even accept the UBC offer finally, if all my options say yes, Which am praying for and also praying that I also don't make the wrong choice finally. I only pray God make it easy for me by giving one worth standing ovation while others might just be clap. It is well and will end with praises.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello House,

I have applied for TRV since 15th Sept, yet no medical mail....no news from Canada's VOs.

Pls someone should advise me, I'm just sad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chuchu123: 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello good people, I've just met one guy who says he's an agent but after a conversation I can tell he doesn't do more than tell one how to arrange their docs and advises on what docs to package when submitting. Basically all the info on here for free.
He seemed a bit knowledgeable on the application process. However, he said something I would like to ask here its authenticity.

When I asked if I should write CIC a brief and subtle reminder mentioning resumption date and how my school asked to mail them to "consider application in due time"...he said I shouldn't. When I asked why, he said it'd be like asking them to issue me a refusal. That I'd be asking them to rush my application and that's also asking them to refuse me the study permit.

It doesn't make as much sense as I go over it in my head, but can anyone corroborate that or tell me outright that the man is wrong.

NB- My application is 10 weeks and counting. Processing time shows 13 weeks now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iyobs7(f): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
Smileyin:
Hi, so I got an agent and applied to Lambton college submitted my application without receipt of payment. Even though I have paid my fees now. Initially submitted because the payment went through late. My application was sent back with the two reasons for denial being purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status. Although I'm not sure my SOP was really convincing though but it was ok. I am 24yrs finished school 2012, served 2013 worked in my dads hotel for 3yrs now and submitted the necessary leave letters employment letters etc personal statement of my dad cause he is my sponsor also submitted cac documents too. I got an admission for a post graduate Certificate in Information Technology Professional for Lambton college. In my bsc I had a 2nd class upper in computer information systems. I want to reapply and I need to address the reasons for denial. Any ideas? Please. Comments, suggestions, reservations all welcome. Thanks.

Going for the same course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ziggarrr: 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
skylar2020:
. please which of the banks did you use.
my pm is not working, can't reply ur pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ziggarrr: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
hustla:

Rightly said. I know what it feels like to be broke in another country, it's not a joking matter. Depression go come dey enter small small

Personally I'm not moving an inch if I don't have enough money to cover my 2 years course nd at last 6 months house rent in Canada, cash in hand.

Cant come nd be suffering when i should be enjoying
Naija never frustrate u

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Folaroyal:

Regards
All those having PM issue, try replying using a laptop maybe it will work. Anytime I try to reply PM using my phone, it won't go through. But anytime I reply using a laptop, it works.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello house,

Please how can you check the last time CIC opened/checked your application ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MsLee: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello,

My application was denied in September, I applied for PGC now I want to reapply using MBA admission

Please how do I defend this in my SOP? Can someone please share a sample SOP that addressed this

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
Osemigho:

I understand your choice of words. I had to be real with him since your approach was soft. Hard comes after soft. grin

Yes. I am going for thesis based and I know it will be a miracle if I am accepted. I look forward to the miracle anyway but have other alternatives. Might not even accept the UBC offer finally, if all my options say yes, Which am praying for and also praying that I also don't make the wrong choice finally. I only pray God make it easy for me by giving one worth standing ovation while others might just be clap. It is well and will end with praises.

Same here,
I applied to UBC mainly bcus the application was free,Memorial and Western were my main options, Masters of thesis in Comp Sci,

Wat are d oda schs u applied to??

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by foreverkind1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
MsLee:
Hello,

My application was denied in September, I applied for PGC now I want to reapply using MBA admission

Please how do I defend this in my SOP? Can someone please share a sample SOP that addressed this

Thank you

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by foreverkind1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
MsLee:
Hello,

Thank you

In my own opinion ,you don't need to make any reference to your previous app , treat this Msc as a new app and pray to God for Grace..they already have your records ,don't hurt yourself o .just do your thing dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
elimsme:

Same here,
I applied to UBC mainly bcus the application was free,Memorial and Western were my main options, Masters of thesis in Comp Sci,

Wat are d oda schs u applied to??

Vic for now. Waiting money for Calgary and toronto.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
foreverkind1:

In my own opinion ,you don't need to make any reference to your previous app ,treat this Msc as a new app and pray to God for Grace..they already have your records ,don't hurt yourself o .just do your thing dear
i concur with you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
Smileyin:
Hi, so I got an agent and applied to Lambton college submitted my application without receipt of payment. Even though I have paid my fees now. Initially submitted because the payment went through late. My application was sent back with the two reasons for denial being purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status. Although I'm not sure my SOP was really convincing though but it was ok. I am 24yrs finished school 2012, served 2013 worked in my dads hotel for 3yrs now and submitted the necessary leave letters employment letters etc personal statement of my dad cause he is my sponsor also submitted cac documents too. I got an admission for a post graduate Certificate in Information Technology Professional for Lambton college. In my Bsc I had a 2nd class upper in computer information systems. I want to reapply and I need to address the reasons for denial. Any ideas? Please. Comments, suggestions, reservations all welcome. Thanks.
what's your position/job function in your dad's hotel? I would have suggested if previously when you applied,to go for a program related to the HOTEL business or any position you hold in the business than your undergraduate,this is because if you explained better in your SOP,the VO might see reasons to approve your visa since it's your dad's business.choice of convincing words,articulated sentences that is well structured may go a long way for any VO to see reasons to approve you. similarly making reference to your refusal on ''personal assets and financial status'',that does not apply to your dad but the burden is on you the applicant. did you submit a good ''personal bank account statement of yours? if NO,address that when reapplying because since you are working,such should be submitted too..i wouldn't say land document/shares for you,since i have seen your age.
in addition,i see no reason submitting leave letter from your dad's business if the program of study wouldn't benefit the business,such plays role if you are coming back to still assume position in thesame establishment. since you have 2.1, you can opt for IT related programs for masters if you search well for schools you met their requirements

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
@ osemigho are u sure UBC application is free.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vickyehi: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
StudentsNG:

Thanks @Vickyehi,

A correspondence from my faculty stated that I can resume either Jan, May or Sept. However, I was told to arrive somewhere around a month to resumption for any of the semesters I wish to join classes. The admission letter also stated same. So I think you can get clue from there. Cheers. Were you admitted into U of R as well?

Thanks.....mine is brandon university and I want to defer to fall 2017 but I was thinking of going by at least July......to resume classes by September
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vickyehi: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
[quote author=Femfal07 post=52013950]Hello guys,

Please I applied for a study permit and I was refused based on no family ties in Canada and country of residence, travel history and no statement of purpose. Please I have documents to proof the other reasons , how do I proof a family tie in Canada since I already stated in my first application that I do not have family in Canada.

Expecting your response.

Just order for your gcms file to know why exactly they said so.........buy most importantly stick with one story....you may be surprises what you would see in the notes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebimila: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello,

Please has anyone here applied for a masters in law at Uni of saskatchewan or other universities with moderate tuition? I want to apply straight now for a masters though i have a 2.2. This is pending the outcome of my gcms notes for visa refusal of HR PGC. Was of the opinion that getting admission for a masters may not fly because of the grade but perhaps i should give it a try. i want to know what it entails, whether or not a research paper is compulsory requirement. Your advice will be most appreciated. God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Egonne1(f): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello Opelovely,came across your post below. I also applied to msvu for MPR. Have you heard anything from them?

OpeLovely:
Anyone applying to MSVU and/or Uni of Calgary here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
Just order for your gcms file to know why exactly they said so.........but most importantly stick with one story....you may be surprised what you would see in the notes.

in as much as GCMS NOTE is important,suggestions from people's experience may be welcomed which play important role in understanding practically what the gcms note reads. for example, a gcms note can never point out specifically '' there is missing personal account statement of the applicant '' if you are a working class. some gcms notes i have read never pointed out such.if such applicant is oblivious of this,even if he/she continues reapplying and reapplying,still will be refused till such concern is addressed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bayoshenko(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2016
taiwo92:
I don't think it is. It was, when Nigerians, living in Nigeria were having problems making payments abroad(there was a message on their website to this effect then). The free application has since been stopped. I guess many people making applications there believe that it is still on(because payment is made after the submission of application). I think most applicants who didn't pay the application fee who have their application unprocessed. In the alternative is to confirm from the admission office.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello All...
Please, I advise that we should share any posts/discussions/ questions or contributions that are not deemed as "private & confidential" on the thread here instead of sending pm on general issues that others would have benefited from!

I have been overwhelmed of late trying to respond to loads of PMs.... many of which if shared on the thread would have NOT only been of inmense benefit to many others but would have had the opportunity for more/better ideas. Please be advised.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
taiwo92:

Is 100% free once u select Nigeria as ur country of origin while filling ur form, bt the deadline has passed already for most of the courses tho, except if urs is among the open once
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
taiwo92:
It is free. All thanks to nairaland for the information. I also applied there and to three other schools. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
bayoshenko:

I don't think it is. It was, when Nigerians, living in Nigeria were having problems making payments abroad(there was a message on their website to this effect then). The free application has since been stopped. I guess many people making applications there believe that it is still on(because payment is made after the submission of application). I think most applicants who didn't pay the application fee who have their application unprocessed. In the alternative is to confirm from the admission office.
It is free. I think they waived it for Nigerians because of the international spending limit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.