Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (915497 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
chibuike123:

Does the 56000 include cost of applying, biometrics fee and Vfs charges? Thanks again
56000 is for everything
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mcjamin(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
Good evening guys, please I need help with Regina University. My application status is "pending final review"
I'd like to know how long it would take for them to offer me the admission. Also, I need help with steps I can take to fast rack the whole process of visa application. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by princeadedayo: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
jj17cv:
Pls any Seneca college

Yeah Seneca college here . .. jan resumption
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by princeadedayo: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
jj17cv:
@lkennali01
How long is seneca application process I have been submitted my application since 2nd Nov up till now application review

Very funny school

Mine took about 2 months for sept admission last year. I had to defer .. it toom them close to 6 weeks to issue a new one for jan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by fajijosiah(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
mcjamin:
Good evening guys, please I need help with Regina University. My application status is "pending final review"
I'd like to know how long it would take for them to offer me the admission. Also, I need help with steps I can take to fast rack the whole process of visa application. Thank you
It will take close to 7 days....and pray u aren't given conditional admission cz u will hv to fulfil the conditions before u will den be issued unconditional admission. Regina don't waste time with admission process. For visa application, it seems the paper route is the fastest way to get ur trv. Let the gurus in the house enlighten u on that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by StudentsNG: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2016
fajijosiah:

It will take close to 7 days....and pray u aren't given conditional admission cz u will hv to fulfil the conditions before u will den be issued unconditional admission. Regina don't waste time with admission process. For visa application, it seems the paper route is the fastest way to get ur trv. Let the gurus in the house enlighten u on that.

In my case, University of Regina took about 5 months to process my admission! I strongly doubt that they will respond to an admission request in 7 days. U of R is one of the most sought after school in that region due to their high standard and comparably low fees for Masters Degree Programmes. I confirmed this while curious as to why my admission/rejection took time, U of R is one of the schools in Canada that take time to process admissions.

I applied June 09, and got conditional admission October 5th. My conditions were reference letters to be sent by post (instead of e-mail) and my original certificate to be presented. The first one has been fulfiled, and I am set to travel with the certificate as I have only one copy and cannot afford to risk sending it by courier. Kindly note that I used the same conditional admission letter to apply for TRV and still got it in 1 month and 4 days, so conditional and no conditional is not an issue (provided those conditions are easily met).

In my opinion, I would suggest that you also apply for another school while you wait (just in case). In my time I applied for Carleton and got admitted in 2 weeks while still waiting for U of R. However I have chosen to go to U of R for some reasons. I'll be here to help anytime you need help regarding U of R. I should be in Regina by December 20th. Cheers guys!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bamyinkus: 5:38am On Dec 18, 2016
HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE,HAVE BEEN A FOLLOWER OF THIS THREAD FOR SOME MONTHS NOW BUT BEEN SILENT ALL THIS WHILE.PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON STEPS TO TAKE, I APPLIED FOR PAPER ROUTE TRV ON 12 OCT AGAINST JANUARY RESUMPTION AND EVER SINCE HAVE BEEN TRACKING MY APPLICATION ONLINE THROUGH VFS WEBSITE WHICH ALWAYS DISPLAY TILL UNDER PROCESSING AT ACCRA BUT FEW DAYS AGO I LINKED IT WITH CIC ONLINE APPLICATION STATUS TO KNOW MY STATUS SINCE I NEVER RECEIVED ANY MAIL FROM THEM(CIC) SINCE I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION THROUGH VFS BUT GOT THE GREATEST SHOCK THAT NO APPLICATION FOUND....PLS GURUS IN THE HOUSE WHAT CAN I DO SHOULD PLACE A CALL/MAIL TO CIC ACCRA AND QUOTE WHATS IS BEEN DISPLAY FOR ME OR VFS....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by favour56: 6:25am On Dec 18, 2016
dimpules8:
Good morning NL family. I've been a silent reader, trying to read up as much as I can. Just want to say thank you to everyone. It's been captivating reading your experiences and tapping into your wealth of knowledge

@Favour56, I read your testimony at a time when I needed it the most. Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing.
You are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ToluNewman: 6:55am On Dec 18, 2016
Good day everyone, just saw this thread.
I wrote GRE a month ago and scored 312 (QR-158 VR-154, AW -4.0). I also graduated with a first class hons.
I want to apply for Economics at the University of Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The closing dates for application are February 1st and January 15 respectively. I want to ask if it is too late to start application and if I end up applying now, what are the chances of funding/scholarship/TA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iyobs7(f): 7:03am On Dec 18, 2016
bamyinkus:
HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE,HAVE BEEN A FOLLOWER OF THIS THREAD FOR SOME MONTHS NOW BUT BEEN SILENT ALL THIS WHILE.PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON STEPS TO TAKE, I APPLIED FOR PAPER ROUTE TRV ON 12 OCT AGAINST JANUARY RESUMPTION AND EVER SINCE HAVE BEEN TRACKING MY APPLICATION ONLINE THROUGH VFS WEBSITE WHICH ALWAYS DISPLAY TILL UNDER PROCESSING AT ACCRA BUT FEW DAYS AGO I LINKED IT WITH CIC ONLINE APPLICATION STATUS TO KNOW MY STATUS SINCE I NEVER RECEIVED ANY MAIL FROM THEM(CIC) SINCE I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION THROUGH VFS BUT GOT THE GREATEST SHOCK THAT NO APPLICATION FOUND....PLS GURUS IN THE HOUSE WHAT CAN I DO SHOULD PLACE A CALL/MAIL TO CIC ACCRA AND QUOTE WHATS IS BEEN DISPLAY FOR ME OR VFS....

Just go back some few pages from here. Someone had same issue few days back, but was able to link it later after following instructions given here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by fajijosiah(m): 7:08am On Dec 18, 2016
StudentsNG:

In my case, University of Regina took about 5 months to process my admission! I strongly doubt that they will respond to an admission request in 7 days. U of R is one of the most sought after school in that region due to their high standard and comparably low fees for Masters Degree Programmes. I confirmed this while curious as to why my admission/rejection took time, U of R is one of the schools in Canada that take time to process admissions.

I applied June 09, and got conditional admission October 5th. My conditions were reference letters to be sent by post (instead of e-mail) and my original certificate to be presented. The first one has been fulfiled, and I am set to travel with the certificate as I have only one copy and cannot afford to risk sending it by courier. Kindly note that I used the same conditional admission letter to apply for TRV and still got it in 1 month and 4 days, so conditional and no conditional is not an issue (provided those conditions are easily met).

In my opinion, I would suggest that you also apply for another school while you wait (just in case). In my time I applied for Carleton and got admitted in 2 weeks while still waiting for U of R. However I have chosen to go to U of R for some reasons. I'll be here to help anytime you need help regarding U of R. I should be in Regina by December 20th. Cheers guys!
Wow.... I actually got my admission in less than two months and when I saw final stage of admission, it took them a week to issue me conditional admission which can be used for visa application. As for your original certificate, what I did was to get a photocopy of my certificate certified by my schoold then I sent back after which ny profile was updated to unconditional acceptance because it seems to be the trending conditions for full acceptance. And I think processing time varies for courses. See in school bro though am still expecting my trv. #Cheers#

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by fajijosiah(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
StudentsNG:

Wow.... I actually got my admission in less than two months and when I saw final stage of admission, it took them a week to issue me conditional admission which can be used for visa application. As for your original certificate, what I did was to get a photocopy of my certificate certified by my school then I sent back after which my profile was updated to unconditional acceptance because it seems to be the trending conditions for full acceptance. And I think processing time varies for courses. See in school bro though am still expecting my trv. #Cheers#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oscarpellenchy: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2016
pweetiesuzie:

With her years of experience, try laurentian university
Hi pweetiesuzie, do you have an idea how much the school accepts as tuition fee deposits, if any? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2016
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER 2017)
1. Oladesuk: July 22nd, Red river college, online route. TRV APPROVED
2. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
3. emma4eva : sept 4th, MEng. western university, online PASSPORT REQUEST
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc, paper route. MEDICALS PASSED
5. Daarey: Aug 17th, University of Prince Edwrad Island, UG, Online DELAYED
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route. TRV APPROVED
7. nonny1: August 22, MSc, University of Saskatchewan, Paper route TRV APPROVED
8. bbwollex: Sept 22nd, Humber college PGC, paper route
9. temitopej: Sept 28th, Seneca College PGC, paper route
10. Mikymiko: October 19th, Masters, Brandon University, paper route MEDICALS PASSED
11. xyoung: October 21st, MEng, Uregina, Paper route. DELAYED
12. realdrayne : October 20th, PGC, Lambton College, paper route, Upfront Medicals.
13. ramsol00: October 21st, Masters, University of New Brunswick , Online route.
14. Benstone : August 4th, MBA University of Regina, Paper Route.
15. RichardNnamdi : October 26th, Humber college PGC, paper route.
16. Rallymento : October 2nd, Humber College, PGC.
17. Bumzy1: October 31st, University of Alberta, MEng, paper route. TRV APPROVED
18. Miskeen: November 22nd, university of Regina, UG, paper route.
19. Frostbaby: july 29th, university of manitoba, masters, online route. TRV APPROVED
20. StudentsNG: October 28th, University of Regina, Msc. Paper Route. TRV APPROVED.
21. Unyted: October 27th, Thompson Rivers University, MBA, Online route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2016
bamyinkus:

calm down and reenta ur details all over again I guess dere is a mix up somewhere, enta ur details carefully jst d way it is detailed on ur app document. it is well bro success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cure4fools(m): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Mikymiko:
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc, paper route. MEDICALS PASSED
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route. TRV APPROVED
10. Mikymiko: October 19th, Masters, Brandon University, paper route MEDICALS PASSED
12. realdrayne : October 20th, PGC, Lambton College, paper route, Upfront Medicals.
13. ramsol00: October 21st, Masters, University of New Brunswick , Online route.
17. Bumzy1: October 31st, University of Alberta, MEng, paper route. TRV APPROVED
19. Frostbaby: july 29th, university of manitoba, masters, online route. TRV APPROVED
20. StudentsNG: October 28th, University of Regina, Msc. Paper Route. TRV APPROVED.
22. Cure4fools: September 30th, Lambton College PGC, paper route. Upfront Medical Passed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vinci500: 11:14am On Dec 18, 2016
Dear @Cure4fools kindly share the documents you submitted for your Visa. Thanks.
Cure4fools:

22. Cure4fools: September 30th, Lambton College PGC, paper route. Upfront Medical Passed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
I am about applying to Conestoga college, is anyone here in the know on whether or not the college allows semester per semester plan for just a year pgd program? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
22. Cure4fools: September 30th, Lambton College PGC, paper route. Upfront MEDICAL PASSED.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Omonjoe(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
If you are asking about semester by semester tutition payment, YES they do. That is how most of us are paying
abdulkabirtobi:
I am about applying to Conestoga college, is anyone here in the know on whether or not the college allows semester per semester plan for just a year pgd program? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
Omonjoe:
If you are asking about semester by semester tutition payment, YES they do. That is how most of us are paying
Thanks bro, I have just pm u to get more info on school fee pay plan in the school, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Omonjoe:

Hi bro, are you in the school already or you are an applicant too ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mikymiko:

22 Tplacid: October 19th, Conestoga College, HRM (co op) online route, medical passed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
Austinpee4:

Lol..You will not develop a BP biko! As as how nau??

Just make sure you fill all the info on the slip they gave you correctly. Cross check again when u input the details.One mistyped letter or alphabet in the tracking number or date of birth you typed may cause that. So carefully do it again.

Thanks a lot bro, did as suggested and it's fine now. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
22. Cure4fools: September 30th, Lambton College PGC, paper route. Upfront MEDICAL PASSED.
23. Tplacid: October 19th, Conestoga College, HRM (co op) PGC, online route, MEDICAL PASSED.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Soulsister: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hello good people! A job well done to all the awesome helpers in the house. God shall bless you abundantly! I came across this and thought to share with the house. If we take our time to read it might help our situation. It explains how visa officers should process study permit application outside of Canada and Inland. https://irancanada2003.files./2007/08/op12.pdf
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Soulsister: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
lovetrumps:
Today is a sad day. my 4 year old daughter was denied based on I) purpose of visit and ties 2) family ties in Canada and country of residence. I applied for a visit visa for her to accompany me. How do I tackle this now. Please help. I clearly stated she had no on to take care of her in my letter of explanation.

C.c. @justwise please can you give me the contact of anyone who can assist me or who has gone through such
I am so sorry about the denial! It must be heart breaking and I can't imagine! I'm also planning to take my child along and I pray it gets sorted out in good time! Don't worry too much please. #virtualhug

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hayqinsbFX: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
to guys who have applied to humber college....
how long does it take to get admission decision..
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Soulsister: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Folaroyal:
Thanks All..(I won't mention names cos it may just not contain this page)...... Na family affairs ... In here, we share the joy of approvals and the pain of delays together!!!
We are one... We'll continue without giving up until we achieve.
It's been nice waiting together.
I know the drill... I'll share all required info/docs soon.
Meanwhile... @Mikymiko is a wizard ooo... he said yesterday evening... Open your CIC account tcheck your approval.. I only read his message smiling!!
With regards.
A big congrats on your approval! i need your help please. Just like @lovetrumps I will be taking my child along. The cic website information is a bit confusing, that minor whose parents have been issued a work/study permit doesn't need a study permit IF they are in Canada already. I'm really confused. Should I fill a study permit form or just merely indicating we will be going together when filling the form will suffice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
emma4eva:
No english test required... just a letter from your school saying your undergraduate course was done in English.

Thanks man, so i just need upload a pdf copy of the letter as part of my supporting documents right??, dont need to send it through dhl or d likes..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
ToluNewman:
Good day everyone, just saw this thread.
I wrote GRE a month ago and scored 312 (QR-158 VR-154, AW -4.0). I also graduated with a first class hons.
I want to apply for Economics at the University of Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The closing dates for application are February 1st and January 15 respectively. I want to ask if it is too late to start application and if I end up applying now, what are the chances of funding/scholarship/TA?

Does SAS and Manitoba require GRE for your program. If no, not needed. You may try some US schools with that score ( it is nice).

But if you are insisting on Canada alone, then you need to know their requirements, which I doubt GRE will be included.

It is not too late to apply, if supervisor is not needed or you have one already if needed. Also, decision about amount funding is made it your program or school. You can only pray you are favoured.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Omonjoe(m): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
I got ur PM but my reply was not delivered.I think there is issue with nairaland pm.
Email me on dgreatjoe@gmail.com
abdulkabirtobi:

Thanks bro, I have just pm u to get more info on school fee pay plan in the school, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.