Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911193 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
Flawless1988:
Is it possible to get a TRV without getting an approval mail with upfront medicals ? I tracked my application, paper route 10th of October, saw that my processed passport has been dispatched. No mail till now, I have not even gotten a dispatched mail yet . PLEASE HELP. M

Its possible but very rare, go pick up your documents to know the outcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER 2017)
1. Oladesuk: July 22nd, Red river college, online route. TRV APPROVED
2. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
3. emma4eva : sept 4th, MEng. western university, online TRV APPROVED
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc, paper route. MEDICALS PASSED
5. Daarey: Aug 17th, University of Prince Edward Island, UG, Online DELAYED
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route. TRV APPROVED
7. nonny1: August 22, MSc, University of Saskatchewan, Paper route TRV APPROVED
8. bbwollex: Sept 22nd, Humber college PGC, paper route
9. temitopej: Sept 28th, Seneca College PGC, paper route
10. Mikymiko: October 19th, Masters, Brandon University, paper route DELAYED
11. xyoung: October 21st, MEng, Uregina, Paper route. DELAYED
12. realdrayne : October 20th, PGC, Lambton College, paper route, Upfront Medicals.
13. ramsol00: October 21st, Masters, University of New Brunswick , Online route.
14. Benstone : August 4th, MBA University of Regina, Paper Route.
15. RichardNnamdi : October 26th, Humber college PGC, paper route.
16. Rallymento : October 2nd, Humber College, PGC.
17. Bumzy1: October 31st, University of Alberta, MEng, paper route. TRV APPROVED
18. Miskeen: November 22nd, university of Regina, UG, paper route.
19. Frostbaby: july 29th, university of manitoba, masters, online route. TRV APPROVED
20. StudentsNG: October 28th, University of Regina, Msc. Paper Route. TRV APPROVED.
21. Unyted: October 27th, Thompson Rivers University, MBA, Online route.
22. Cure4fools: September 30th, Lambton College PGC, paper route. Upfront MEDICAL PASSED.
23. Tplacid: October 19th, Conestoga College, HRM (co op) PGC, online route, MEDICAL PASSED.
24. chuchu123: October 10, Conestoga College, Mgt (Co-op) Graduate Certificate (Masters equivalent), Paper route.
25. Vickyehi: Sept 20th, Brandon University, UG, online route.TRV APPROVED

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ushp: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
I also have the same profile like you,please can you help with a draft of the sample of your sponsor drafts and all documents you subtmitd email osopaulmay@gmail.com THANKs @kaypapi

Congrats on your TRV. I would say that the advice you were given was valid for most people, you just happen to be a good exception. Your TRV approval once again demonstrates that while there are general guidelines, VOs make exceptions in certain cases depending on the applicant's ability to convince him/her (or depending on the VO's mood). Every application is different.

Also keep in mind that the VO might have viewed your app positively for other reasons, e.g. you went to school in the UK and came back to Naija, you wrote an extremely convincing SOP, you have enough financial/professional/family ties to Naija, etc.

Another candidate a year ago was also approved with a similar profile as you, check out her profile summary here, she too was going for a PGC after a Masters in the UK; she is also going to the same school as you are. Cheers.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hello guys,

I just need your opinion on this. Like Cure4fools, I'm bound for Winter 2017 and I have medical passed. I applied on September 26th, so my app is on it's 13th week at the moment. This evening as I was about to send an enquiry email about my app, I observed that processing time was just changed from 13 weeks to 15 weeks on the CIC site, on December 19th.

What this means is that I might have to wait till 2nd week in January 2017 to get a decision. The major worry is that if I'm to resume for Winter, January 20th is the payment deadline for tuition. The more I wait, the more uncertain things become.

If it comes too late, are there banks that can process payment within few days?

CC: Folaroyal, Yemdogg, Thesoj, Michv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chibuike123(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hi everyone pls I have a question regarding my personal accounts which I intend to include in my application. I have 3 bank accounts here in 9ja and I have funds spread in all of them amounting to 2.1million. Is it ok to include them the way they are or should I lump them together?

@mikymiko, I see you rejoicing soon, na so e dey be sometimes. Thanks everyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Xrystal: 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
Mikymiko:
Just got refused on insufficient fund to pay for tuition and purpose of visit.

@Mikymiko, I advice you do an administrative review.
You will review your application again with the same documents submitted and it has to be done in not more than 4 weeks after refusal.
There but for the GRACE OF GOD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamlimitless: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Mr Mikymiko...make all possible amendments and it will end well...don't give up...all the best in your next application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Bamz:
Hello guys,

What this means is that I might have to wait till 2nd week in January 2017 to get a decision. The major worry is that if I'm to resume for Winter, January 20th is the payment deadline for tuition. The more I wait, the more uncertain things become.

If it comes too late, are there banks that can process payment within few days?

CC: Folaroyal, Yemdogg, Thesoj, Michv
Don't forget... It is their country.. It is their institutions... and it is their choice to grant decisions on what to give an applicant... We are the ones at their mercy so to say!
If they decide to approve after resumption; yu are either advised by cic before issuance ... To send another offer where program must have been deferred or you are left to sort the deferral on your own after issuance.
On banks;....These days, I am afraid but it is most unlikely that you'll get such fire brigade services from any bank... wen it comes to forex.. you are mostly on your own... Aboki is your friend!!
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
chibuike123:
Hi everyone pls I have a question regarding my personal accounts which I intend to include in my application. I have 3 bank accounts here in 9ja and I have funds spread in all of them amounting to 2.1million. Is it ok to include them the way they are or should I lump them together?

Please be advised.... Leave and present the accounts the way they are or you may just get into trouble trying to be right!

A lot of GCMS notes I have seen recently on insufficient funds are linked with applicants lumping large sums in their accounts before printing.

The VO is mainly interested in your cash flow... From a cash flow you can see a regular income... You'll see pattern of expenditure and trend of expectations.
Pls use as-is!!!
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by keke366: 12:07am On Dec 23, 2016
EmmaMsc:
Hello guys
It has been a while. Congrats to those that have their visas.
If there is anybody coming to U of Regina in January and need any advise or information get in touch with me.

Cheers
Hello EmmaMsc, I intend resuming january @u of R,and am having issues concerning accomodation? And will also like to find out wats d deadline for fees payment since form A takes like forever.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chibuike123(m): 12:08am On Dec 23, 2016
Folaroyal:

Please be advised.... Leave and present the accounts the way they are or you may just get into trouble trying to be right!

A lot of GCMS notes I have seen recently on insufficient funds are linked with applicants lumping large sums in their accounts before printing.

The VO is mainly interested in your cash flow... From a cash flow you can see a regular income... You'll see pattern of expenditure and trend of expectations.
Pls use as-is!!!
Regards

Thanks @folaroyal for your prompt response, will do as suggested
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:12am On Dec 23, 2016
chibuike123:

All the accounts should be ok for your application as far as they can support all claims in your application. Make sure you prove the sources of inflow into those accounts with documents. You don't have to lump them togeda, you can use as many accounts you choose to use.Main thing is that they show a reliable and stable source of income in correlation with your financial capabilities and claims as closing balance alone isn't the only thing to look out for, your income must be sustainable throughout the duration of your program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frank659: 1:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Hello house,I will be going to Manitoba on 28th please is there anyone, that has contact of someone there that I can spend days with before getting a place of my own?You know how it is when you know you will stranded.Pls HELP.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Onaliaku: 2:24am On Dec 23, 2016
Email me

Frank659:
Hello house,I will be going to Manitoba on 28th please is there anyone, that has contact of someone there that I can spend days with before getting a place of my own?You know how it is when you know you will stranded.Pls HELP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by EmmaMsc(m): 2:35am On Dec 23, 2016
keke366:

Hello EmmaMsc, I intend resuming january @u of R,and am having issues concerning accomodation? And will also like to find out wats d deadline for fees payment since form A takes like forever.

What kind of issues do you have.
There is usually no deadline per se. But late payment charges will be applied about 4 weeks after the semester starts.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Good day, anybody in Toronto that can be of assistance in terms of accomodation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dayumark4real: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2016
Good morning People, I Have a question to throw to the group, it's now 10weeks and the processing time is 15weeks I applied For BSc in computer science in U of R, and iI have not gotten any medical call from them, my resumption date is Jan1. I need someone to give me clue of what he or she think Is happening with my application. I don't want to mail the embassy not for them for feel like I Am teaching them there work. It's not up to 15weeks already, I am just trying to vigilant and seek people advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:35am On Dec 23, 2016
dayumark4real:
Good morning People, I Have a question to throw to the group, it's now 10weeks and the processing time is 15weeks I applied For BSc in computer science in U of R, and iI have not gotten any medical call from them, my resumption date is Jan1. I need someone to give me clue of what he or she think Is happening with my application. I don't want to mail the embassy not for them for feel like I Am teaching them there work. It's not up to 15weeks already, I am just trying to vigilant and seek people advice.
If you are going to u of r, I think u of r always gives an optional resumption dates on their offer letter, if you can't meet up with the Jan date, u can as well resume come may

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2016
How is chrisbaybee now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bayocanny: 8:32am On Dec 23, 2016
People in the house, how much is visa fee for paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Xrystal: 8:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Mikymiko:
FIRST APPLICATION:

Pray for Mikymiko

@Mikymiko, I see you have been trying to reach me via e-mail. There is still hope.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Xrystal: 8:56am On Dec 23, 2016
bayocanny:
People in the house, how much is visa fee for paper route?

Approximately, 57k but go with extra cash. Also go with photocopies of your document, only original bank statement, admission letter and original copies of any letter addressed to CIC will be accepted.
Photocopies please to avoid making photocopies @ #30 or #35 per page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bayocanny: 9:03am On Dec 23, 2016
Xrystal:

Approximately, 57k but go with extra cash. Also go with photocopies of your document, only original bank statement, admission letter and original copies of any letter addressed to CIC will be accepted.
Photocopies please to avoid making photocopies @ #30 or #35 per page.
Thanks bro, God bless you
What's up with your apps, Have u apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2016
Thanks so much @Folaroyal, I have an idea. Like I did for the grad deposit, I will just initiate GlobalPay by WU before the deadline assuming all goes as planned and forward the payment details to my school, even if the banks post the funds after the deadline, it won't matter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bayocanny: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2016
emma4eva:
I thank God for sending you guys my way, you all have being of immense blessings.
bayocanny justwise metrecube michV thesoj easyxtan bosypumpin joblinks1 mikymiko sexyqueen2 oversworld, etc
submitted my first application 3rd june, online
Document Submitted.
Personal:
cic forms
Letter of acceptance MEng
Statement of purpose
BEng statement of result
School transcript
Nysc cert
Refrence letter from a possible future employer
Birth cert
Sponsor:
All CAC documents of his company(e plenty)
Soa of 19mil
decleration of sponsorship letter
National Identity card

denied for insuffient funds.

Second application on the 3rd of sept,
Sent same documents as before, included
Police report
my almost torn baptismal card
My sponsor increased soa to 29mil
2 plots of land survey plans
a more detailed sponsor letter stating how much will be made available for me
Sworn affidavit of sponsorship
His international Passport
Medical request mail came 28th of nov, passed came a week later.
Passport request came on 14th Dec

I almost lost my mind waiting, what kept me strong was God (give him ur time abeg) and you guys here, some updates are funny, some annoying and some sad. Always waiting for michV to post, guy is always detailed even if its just greeting.

Folaroyal, the first time i noticed your post I asked myself who be this guy wey carry fire come. You are matured, I require your assistance with flight booking.

Anybody in Toronto should holla at me abeg, I need help in packaging myself.
At last!! You made it bro
Am so happy for you....go and excel
Whatever you want to carry along make sure u avoid milk, beans, yam and liquid stuffs. Also, your winter wears should be purchased in canada not here in Naija...
If you want to carry palm oil along make sure you freeze it and wrap it with paper...egusi, leaves, garri, grand pepper...anything seeds should be left behind
Safe journey!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 10:10am On Dec 23, 2016
Well said @yemdogg.[quote author=yemdogg post=52172545]

Indeed my prayers are for you.....

I haven't really had the time to respond/react to people's post lately. Been quite busy, buh when I sighted your post I was very curious. I wasn't expecting a refusal in ur app. You seem to be vast in the Canadian Study permit. You're quite helpful and intuitive......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chibuike123(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2016
Good day everyone, can I add my father's shares several companies as a means to proving my home ties and convincing the VO's of my intention to return after studies in canny? @folaroyal, @michV @allgurus help me look into this o.

Thanks, as I await your responses
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluphilip2008(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Sorry for the delay Mikymiko, it's not over, till its over.

Good morning everyone. I'm trying to apply for MA psychology in University of Regina, University of Saskatchewan and a couple of others, but I observed they all emphasize at least 70% in last 2 sessions. My overall average is 3.58(71%), while my last 2 sessions is 3.4 (68%). So it turns out that my best grades are in my first 2 sessions. Do I stand a chance of being admitted based on my overall grade of 71% or it strictly has to be in d last 2 sessions? Has anyone been in same situation and still ends up being offered admission?

CC: @Thesoj, @Folaroyal, @yemdogg, @MichV, @Bamz and all the gurus in the house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2016
Mikymiko:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER 2017)
1. Oladesuk: July 22nd, Red river college, online route. TRV APPROVED
2. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
3. emma4eva : sept 4th, MEng. western university, online TRV APPROVED
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc, paper route. MEDICALS PASSED
5. Daarey: Aug 17th, University of Prince Edward Island, UG, Online DELAYED
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route. TRV APPROVED
7. nonny1: August 22, MSc, University of Saskatchewan, Paper route TRV APPROVED
8. bbwollex: Sept 22nd, Humber college PGC, paper route
9. temitopej: Sept 28th, Seneca College PGC, paper route
10. Mikymiko: October 19th, Masters, Brandon University, paper route DELAYED
11. xyoung: October 21st, MEng, Uregina, Paper route. DELAYED
12. realdrayne : October 20th, PGC, Lambton College, paper route, Upfront Medicals.
13. ramsol00: October 21st, Masters, University of New Brunswick , Online route.
14. Benstone : August 4th, MBA University of Regina, Paper Route.
15. RichardNnamdi : October 26th, Humber college PGC, paper route.
16. Rallymento : October 2nd, Humber College, PGC.
17. Bumzy1: October 31st, University of Alberta, MEng, paper route. TRV APPROVED
18. Miskeen: November 22nd, university of Regina, UG, paper route.
19. Frostbaby: july 29th, university of manitoba, masters, online route. TRV APPROVED
20. StudentsNG: October 28th, University of Regina, Msc. Paper Route. TRV APPROVED.
21. Unyted: October 27th, Thompson Rivers University, MBA, Online route.
22. Cure4fools: September 30th, Lambton College PGC, paper route. Upfront MEDICAL PASSED.
23. Tplacid: October 19th, Conestoga College, HRM (co op) PGC, online route, MEDICAL PASSED.
24. chuchu123: October 10, Conestoga College, Mgt (Co-op) Graduate Certificate (Masters equivalent), Paper route.
25. Vickyehi: Sept 20th, Brandon University, UG, online route.TRV APPROVED

It's very annoying to hear about the delay @ miky.
Your application looks perfect.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2016
PLEASE NOBLE HOUSE COME TO RESCUE, THIS A MONTH PLUS I APPLIED FOR STUDENT VISA AND I JUST GOT A FROM CIC THAT MY APPLICATION HAVE NOT BE UPDATED AND THANK YOU FOR MY PATIENCE...... WHAT WAS THE MEANING OF THAT WHEN I SHOULD BE GETTINN AN EMAIL FOR MY MEDICALS. HOUSE AM WORRIED OOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chibabe4Christ:
Good day house and complement of the season!!!! A quick one, I have 1day to complete this application form for study permit and submit but I have constrains.Is it compulsory to upload the birth certificate of your family member and the applicant police clearance when applying for study permit.
Please house treat very urgent!!
Its not a must especially the birth certificates... police clearance is advised if you are submitting a paper application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frank659: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
Onaliaku:
Email me

Bro I have sent u a mail my email address is Amushifrancis@gmail.com.thanks for the response

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.