Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910925 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
mcobex:
Good evening house. I applied for trv last yr and was denied (personal asset and purpose of visit). I hv HND in electrical engineering and applied for marine engineering and systems design (technician diploma) at memorial uni. My sponsors had (1st : 25mill, co-sponsor : 4mil) with no dependants. I intend reapplying again but this time my main sponsor will pay my full tuition while the other sponsor will pay some cash(around 1-2mil) into my account to show commitment . I also intend putting some cash of mine (400-500k) into my account since I am working. I also intend using my late father's landed property papers ( which I didn't do during my 1st application ) to show I have asset back home (though it belongs to me and my only(elder) bros. Pls gurus in the house what are my chances cos I intend applying soon.. @Michv, @thesoj and other gurus help a brother out

Good steps you have taken there, well done bro. However, I would like to point out that you might not have done so much even with all the above steps in the eyes of the vo. This is because none of those steps mentioned above have a direct effect in tackling the purpose of visit raised by the vo.

In order to tackle this, you may want to enrol for a course that is directly related to your Electrical Engineering or proof to Vo in terms of strong documentary evidences how your present job functions is directly related to the field of Marine Engineering & System Design.

Without any of the above points, I'm sorry you may not be presenting a better case different from what you earlier presented.

Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
michV:
lol... you may be over emphasizing it because i may still be left with an option of not responding to PMs. meanwhile i am not the type that believe rewards in heaven,when i am a sinner and i may die and got to hellfire. Heaven is on planet earth we live in to enjoy before meeting the heaven at the Sky grin
kindly respond to my pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sirmeeyha: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello guys,i just want to say thank u to the most high,got my approval today........just minutes ago sef,my bro saw a message nd i was scared to check,was crying sef,my whole family gave me deep pressure,lol we did it all ourselves frm skul admisn 2 visa approval nd to my bestfren lol @daveboiz he's in canny too,he was of great help...bless u all nd may dz grace nd favour b equal to all of us.

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mcobex: 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks bro, I actually applied for remotely operated vehicles(ROV) but didn't get the admission then but thank God I have been given that admission now so that's what I will apply with (and it is electrical, electronics and mechanical engineering incline ). Thanks once again for your response, I hope to get back to you before I apply.
michV:
if you have come of age,increase your personal acct statement more than above specified. this you program, the nature and its' inconsistency(marine engineering) is glaring ''purpose of visit'' refusal.Though an electrical engineering works on designing systems(Electrical)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mcobex: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks bro, I actually applied for remotely operated vehicles ( ROV ) but didn't get the admission then, thank God I have gotten the admission for ROV now (which is electrically, mechanically and electronically incline ). I hope it improve my chances. I also explained in my sop that I did electrical just to prepare me for the ROV industry.
dreeyy:

Good steps you have taken there, well done bro. However, I would like to point out that you might not have done so much even with all the above steps in the eyes of the vo. This is because none of those steps mentioned above have a direct effect in tackling the purpose of visit raised by the vo.

In order to tackle this, you may want to enrol for a course that is directly related to your Electrical Engineering or proof to Vo in terms of strong documentary evidences how your present job functions is directly related to the field of Marine Engineering & System Design.

Without any of the above points, I'm sorry you may not be presenting a better case different from what you earlier presented.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
sirmeeyha:
Hello guys,i just want to say thank u to the most high,got my approval today........just minutes ago sef,my bro saw a message nd i was scared to check,was crying sef,my whole family gave me deep pressure,lol we did it all ourselves frm skul admisn 2 visa approval nd to my bestfren lol @daveboiz he's in canny too,he was of great help...bless u all nd may dz grace nd favour b equal to all of us.

Congrats! Although I am at admission stage, I know how the pressure can be. Go and prosper. Make 9ja proud. Soar like an eagle.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
mcobex:
Thanks bro, I actually applied for remotely operated vehicles(ROV) but didn't get the admission then but thank God I have been given that admission now so that's what I will apply with (and it is electrical, electronics and mechanical engineering incline ). Thanks once again for your response, I hope to get back to you before I apply.

I don't understand something. Is your proposed program less than, equal to, or greater than previous degree?
I am not also sure the VO understand your "incline" statement.
It is well with us all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CanadianNurse: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
michV:
bro.. don't make it seem i am feeling irreplaceable, meanwhile i can't respond to PMs since it keeps bouncing back when responded with failed message in delivery despite using my PC as suggested my someone in the past
maybe you should drop your mail address here then biko
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hi Folks,

A so-called refusal letter was sent to my CIC online account on 22nd December, 2016.

I applied for gcms on 25th December, 2016.

I raised a CSE around 27-29th December. 2016 about getting my passport and my documents and for them to look into my matter.

CIC responded they will forward my case to Accra and that I should mail Accra also.

I mailed Accra, my vfs tracking status changed to dispatched on 11th January, 2017 (like 3 days after I mailed Accra).

Currently my tracking status says my passports and supporting documents have been dispatched On 11th January, 2017.

I paid for UPS delivery service at vfs.

Still, I have not got my passport.

I've just mailed vfs about them forwarding my passport and application documents to me.

In fact I am fed up with CIC and their inconsistencies, this has propelled me to request for refund of my deposit.

CIC refused me twice with the second refusal built on lame reasons, imagine purpose of visit for a masters candidate saying based on my academic history and study plan that they are not satisfied I am a bona fide student. While also saying insufficient fund to pay for tuition after I paid in excess of my tuition and my other proofs.

I had to bow out.

Best wishes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mikymiko:
Hi Folks,

Best wishes.

ur gcms note/case file don show?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
michV:
ur gcms note/case file don show?
not yet out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mikymiko:
Hi Folks,
CIC refused me twice with the second refusal built on lame reasons, imagine purpose of visit for a masters candidate saying based on my academic history and study plan that they are not satisfied I am a bona fide student. While also saying insufficient fund to pay for tuition after I paid in excess of my tuition and my other proofs.

I had to bow out.
Miky, welcome back. Had to read well to notice the return of the king.
All hail the one whose name read like mimiko. cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Osemigho:

I don't understand something. Is your proposed program less than, equal to, or greater than previous degree?
I am not also sure the VO understand your "incline" statement.
It is well with us all.
to be sincere,I dont want to directly comment for him not in future said i did discourage him initially but left for me,that intended program and it's associates should be aborted and let him look for a clear good convincing program. VOs do approve Diploma program if they see reasons to and one being lucky but his is not clear and convincing to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bamyinkus: 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
@MIKYMIKKY PLS WAS THE PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTING FOR GCMS FILE COS I WAS ALWAYS REFUSED VISA ON 9TH JAN....THANKS N WILL APPRECIATE IF I CAN HAVE YOUR MAIL FOR PRIVATE DISCUSSION
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
pokerboy:

Please Help....
I submitted my application on Dec 5th 2016 & got the confirmation mail that my application has been received & fowarded to Ghana...
Also got my tracking ID...
Does it usually take 17 weeks exactly ?

It may be more or less, but your app is still very much within processing time based on the latest duration published.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
sirmeeyha:

Congrats mate

I tap into this IJN.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sirmeeyha: 12:02am On Jan 18, 2017
Bamz:

Congrats mate
I tap into this IJN.
thanks,lol ryt it's coming soon God never fails

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 12:04am On Jan 18, 2017
sirmeeyha:

Please list the documents u submitted

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MoonTravels: 12:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Kemsure30:
Hello house
Pls if the tution is 6,250 then books 1,289
N I paid 2,000 as deposit for tution
Now it's said at CIC site that 10,000 for living expenses and 3,000 for a minor

Am staying in my cousins house so accommodation is sorted

Pls how much will I declare as available funds
Meanwhile the school has enclosed a letter n receipt that 2,000$ has been paid
please I suggest you fill the room and board column with the same amount estimated in your acceptance letter for room and board. The V.O does not know your cousin, how much he/she earns or the kind of house he/she lives in, so don't complicate your application, not filling that form properly always lead to denial. You can fill
Tuition=6250
Room and board= 10,000
Others (books and other personal items)=5000
Available fund=23,000

Indicate in your SOP and sponsorship letter that you have already deposited 2000 and include a copy of the receipt in your application. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MoonTravels: 12:26am On Jan 18, 2017
mcobex:
Good evening house. I applied for trv last yr and was denied (personal asset and purpose of visit). I hv HND in electrical engineering and applied for marine engineering and systems design (technician diploma) at memorial uni. My sponsors had (1st : 25mill, co-sponsor : 4mil) with no dependants. I intend reapplying again but this time my main sponsor will pay my full tuition while the other sponsor will pay some cash(around 1-2mil) into my account to show commitment . I also intend putting some cash of mine (400-500k) into my account since I am working. I also intend using my late father's landed property papers ( which I didn't do during my 1st application ) to show I have asset back home (though it belongs to me and my only(elder) bros. Pls gurus in the house what are my chances cos I intend applying soon.. @Michv, @thesoj and other gurus help a brother out
Me thinks your finance is okay. Your major issue is the course of study which is lower than the degree u already got. Its either you change to a masters program (or even a post graduate diploma) or u have to convince the VO with reasons why u choose the program, if its in line with your present job or it will aid your future career goal/objective. You really need a sound SOP if u are to go with this program. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sirmeeyha: 12:28am On Jan 18, 2017
elimsme:

Please list the documents u submitted
Bin laughing hard cuz I dunno wat to type....Everyone here be like 5m is chicken change....lol in dz recession
Sponsor:dad
bank statement inflows 52million
outflow 40sumtin million
account balance:roughly 5m
dad's landed documents as home tie
three different company recommendation...promasidor,kneipe nd Alra foods
banks recommendation letter
my admission letter
birth cert showing he is my father
thats pretty much all I remember.....app was simple as f....plus I dnt even think approval is bout d acc balance all this conversion conversion I didn't pay tuition, I didn't tell dem I have a place to stay my tuition alone is roughly 3m plus ticket fee, accomodation,feeding nd stuff so I tot I would get refused based on financial status sef, buh I think it's bout d inflow nd outflow of d acct even that 5m, d very day d statement was printed 2m was deposited so don't just lodge money in ur acct, make app simple nd trust God have a praying mother too be like say God dey hear dem...N.B my sponsor has 4 dependants including me so it's not about putting 50m in ur acct at once....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CanadianNurse: 2:05am On Jan 18, 2017
michV:
calvenklien9@gmail.com exclusively based on ur request
Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:07am On Jan 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CanadianNurse: 2:23am On Jan 18, 2017
I sent you an email already please do justice to it. Thank you sir
@michv
michV:
calvenklien9@gmail.com exclusively based on ur request
@michv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 4:27am On Jan 18, 2017
Hello,
I wasn't a very regular commenter on this thread, but i must confess that this thread wasnof great help throughout my application from admission -delay amd eventually approval. Thanks to everyone. I arrived kn canada about 4 days ago, through Montreal airport. The only thing the entry clearance officer demanded from me was the accompanying letter that comes with the visa approval and the school i was going to.
No proof of payment or offer/acceptance letter was demanded.
In the process of TRV i'd say pray for a miracle like u did am application that is trash and at thesame time package your application as if your life depends on it. It's more a thing of grace and preparation.
Any uottwa student in the house? Kindly send a PM, still trying to get up to speed.
Wishing all TRV hopeful the best

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bobotubo: 7:01am On Jan 18, 2017
Hi,am new to this forum, pls I want ask the gurus in house to help me out . My student visa application was denied after waiting for almost 4 months . The reasons for my denial are (1) travel history. Of which I presented copies of visa pages of my trips to the uk . I have actually gone to the uk four times. So I don't really know what they meant by I don't have a travel history. The second reason they gave was that the purpose of my visit. I showed showed them of goin to skool in Canada and return back to after my Pgd program, I showed dem evidence of working in federal govt parastatals stating am coming back after completion of my program and proposed course study is related to what I studied in my undergraduate . Pls gurus in the house can I still re apply again for the sept session because I can't really understand the reason of denial or do they want me to travel all over the world to have travel history. And the issue of purpose of visit is confusing, my propose of course of study is related to my work nd also related to the course I study in my undergraduate. Pls gurus I need ur advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 18, 2017
sirmeeyha:
thanks,lol ryt it's coming soon God never fails
congrats, please u are supposed to go for winter 2017 right??since the resumption date has passed,did u send them a new Admission letter??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by teddybear20: 7:13am On Jan 18, 2017
Hello people!
TRV approved...
Paper route
Submitted on the 9th of November,2016
medical request was on the 29th of December, 2016
Approval mail was on the 4th of January, 2017
I collected my passport with my visa stamp in it on the 16th of January.
Though admission deferred to may 2017
I'll be leaving Nigeria by 31st I guess

Actually University of Prince Edward island
Sorry I don't know the Documents involved cos my agent did it all, I Sha know he requested for Birth certificate and My neco result, passport photograph and my international passport and Money lol

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by teddybear20: 7:21am On Jan 18, 2017
And also I didn't see anything like work permit, Is there any thing to it? Tell me how long I'll work oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sirmeeyha: 7:54am On Jan 18, 2017
mccindy:

congrats, please u are supposed to go for winter 2017 right??since the resumption date has passed,did u send them a new Admission letter??
thank7,my admisn letter is valid till 2018,i cn start may or september or evn nxt january

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.