Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913443 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ok.I just did
Nabby2603:
Congratulations on your child's visa approval. Pls I will like to ask a few questions as I intend to apply with my 2 years old daughter. My email address is drgails@yahoo.com, will appreciate it if you can forward yours.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
steroid:

Thanks for the information. I'm already going through the thread

It's a pleasure. Thank God. I dey follow you too. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
hello house, I am a graduate of geophysics with 4.45cgpa... I am seeking scholarship into a university for my masters....Please house what school can I apply to or how do I go about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kemsure30: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello house
Pls I am trying to link my paper application to the online one
Pls it states application no
Pls which no is that and what form can I get this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ijeaify: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Please a quick question I submitted application three weeks ago , I did an upfront medical but till date is still showing me medical not needed at the moment but a friend who submitted her application after I did jst linked her application now and saw medical passed. Am thinking the hospital has not submitted my medical report.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Maxicon(m): 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello House,

Need some of your input - after 2 refusals and 1 withdrawal on my study permit application, I would like to reapply for the september 2017 intake.

Profile - A' Levels - UK
- BSc Acct and Finance - UK - 3yrs - First Class
- ACCA Affiliate - Completed all the exams.
- No professional Work experience (excluding Internships and temporary placements)

Last Application was for Post graduate Diploma in Fiinancial Management Diploma, applied from the UK and refused within 5 working days of submission...didnt include my ACCA qualification at this point because I was still sitting exams.

Reappled a month after with the same course and adding my ACCA certificate this time after arriving in Nigeria. Hence, applied from Canada using my Agent - online route but filled Lagos application forms and did biometrics in Lagos. Withdrew application after 12 weeks of waiting.

Reasons for refusal - Purpose of Visit
- Family ties in the UK and Canada
- Travel history
- Imigration status in the UK.

Visited a few Immigration offices here in Lagos and they are all saying similar reasons - got refused because i applied from the UK, I havent been in Nigeria for long, my ACCA doesnt affect my application because its a professional qualification and not a degree, blah blah...

Apologies for the long post.

Only reasonable replies PLEASE.

Suggestions on how to address this refusals and any added documents or letters that would be needed aside from CIC checklist.

New course for September 2017 - Project Management Diploma
- University of Winnipeg
- Full Tuition Fee paid
- Admission letter Obtained.

Thanks for your help guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Maxicon:
Hello House,

[/b]Only reasonable replies PLEASE.[b]

Suggestions on how to address this refusals and any added documents or letters that would be needed aside from CIC checklist.

- University of Winnipeg
- Full Tuition Fee paid

You don't need to include the bolded part.

When you are lost, asking for direction that way sound like an insult or may get you no reply in the house.

Although I am not sure my reply will be "reasonable" enough, I will share little I know.

History in the house shows that your intended program might not work. You may risk it with good SOP or go for a master's admission in your UG field.

All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
@ Maxicon, go and apply for a Masters Degree.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
Kemsure30:
Hello house
Pls I am trying to link my paper application to the online one
Pls it states application no
Pls which no is that and what form can I get this
If you haven't applied previously for a study permit, you won't have the number. It's usually known and seen from previous refusal(on the letter) or any correspondence from CIC.
If this is your first application, ignore that section and fill other relevant information. You will still link your application without the application number.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
ijeaify:
Please a quick question I submitted application three weeks ago , I did an upfront medical but till date is still showing me medical not needed at the moment but a friend who submitted her application after I did jst linked her application now and saw medical passed. Am thinking the hospital has not submitted my medical report.
If it's still showing 'medical not needed', it means they are still reviewing your medical information. From observations, review of applications are done randomly and does not follow any particular order. Someone can get medical update after 3 weeks and gets a final decision after 5 weeks and another can get medical update after 4 to 5 weeks and get final decision within a week ,two or more.

if the hospital has not submitted(i believe they have),CIC wil definitely contact you to that regards.
So relax, once they finish reviewing, they will update it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kemsure30: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
@Austinpee4
Thanks for responding
It's saying my stuff doesn't match

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Maxicon:
Hello House,

Need some of your input - after 2 refusals and 1 withdrawal on my study permit application, I would like to reapply for the september 2017 intake.

Profile - A' Levels - UK
- BSc Acct and Finance - UK - 3yrs - First Class
- ACCA Affiliate - Completed all the exams.
- No professional Work experience (excluding Internships and temporary placements)

Last Application was for Post graduate Diploma in Fiinancial Management Diploma, applied from the UK and refused within 5 working days of submission...

Chief, It's crystal clear these PEOPLE expect that you go for a master or higher degree than the PGD you've been applying with considering your academic achievement and profile or if atall the post graduate diploma is what you really want, you haven't satisfactorily convienced them that it will progressively add to you academically or careerwise.

Advise #1, Get a master degree admission in finance or an MBA.
---- If PGD is your conviction, use a statement of purpose(SOP) to explicitly outline why and how a PGD will be best for you and why he/she(VO) should believe a 'first class' applicant isn't using a PGD to migrate to canada as against a master which should be desirable.

Seondly, i don't think it's completely true that you got refused because you applied from the UK. Your legal status,length and condition of stay in the UK and home ties in nigeria as at when you applied from the UK may have been a major factor.

While the travel history ticked may be as a result of your long stay in the UK without regular visit home to demonstrate home ties and suggest u will return after your study in canada, i don't think it should be a re-surfacing thing once your purpose of visit is right and you show good HOME TIES to nigeria to compel return.

Advise #2 Get strong home ties and show possible employability in nigeria and also briefly explain all you have been doing since you got back with proves and let them point to a need for academic upgrade.

Finally, now that you will be reapplying again from nigeria, you will have to be patient because they most definitely will be doing a thorough review of your previous and new application to ascertain the significant additional new information you will be adding and how the have improved periodically.

Advise #3 Make sure your statements, profile and information(new and old) are consistently CONSISTENT!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
Kemsure30:
@Austinpee4
Thanks for responding
It's saying my stuff doesn't match
You may want to start the whole process again by clicking the 'link existing application' in your account and follow the instructions and guide. Choose option(s) that you won't have to input your application number. Fill the data(s) carefully and correctly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by honeyscottage(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
The gurus
Please I want to pay my school fees, Kindly advise me on the most reliable bank to use and the number it will take them to effect the transfer.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by t405: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
lovetrumps:
Ok. I just did

Wow...finally. Many many Congrats. I can imagine how relived you must be now.

Pls do respond to my pm.I plan to apply for my daughter as well once my trv is hopefully approved. I already submitted mine and intend to apply for her so ee can leave together.similar scenario to yours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adedamsel86: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
Igbouwanile:
In All We Give 'God' The Glory!!!

Just collected my refusal package 2day, next is to work on admissions & accurate steps to take in order to get it right this 1 more time..

Thank You All For Your Immense Help,, One Gotta Keep Trying..
. sorry about that,I got refused to,did u get a msg from CIC DAT ur package is ready cos after the refusal mail have not hard any thing and my passport is still with them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Maxicon:
Hello House,

- University of Winnipeg
- Full Tuition Fee paid

you will be wasting your time in giving yourself hope for approval coupled with emotional stress and money too to the embassy for this intending course

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AAOL: 7:30am On Jan 30, 2017
@ Maxicon, we have the same profile and sorry to say that u may not be able to get an approval even after applying for Visa more than 5times. Please for God sake drop dat PGD thing and look out for masters. PM me and let me give u a token. They will forever continue to frustrate you with a PGD even if u apply in jerusalem. All the best bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ojayoladapo2016: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2017
Good morning everybody in the house. Please I will like someone to help me out with the list of docs required for a sponsor to provide.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by HarveySpecter1: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Newman1010: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2017
@ Maxicon, michV is right

I think you should drop the diploma course and go for a masters degree. Finance or MBA will be fine. You can check out Saint Mary's University's Master of Finance program. Although its quiet expensive, the curriculum is great. check it out (www.smu.ca)

michV:
you will be wasting your time in giving yourself hope for approval coupled with emotional stress and money too to the embassy for this intending course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2017
pokerboy:

Thank you... some one suggested maybe i should go ahead with medicals to save time too...
Is it possible to do medicals without having the application approved... please note that I have submitted my application ealier

YES its possible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 10:04am On Jan 30, 2017
Austinpee4:

If you haven't applied previously for a study permit, you won't have the number. It's usually known and seen from previous refusal(on the letter) or any correspondence from CIC.
If this is your first application, ignore that section and fill other relevant information. You will still link your application without the application number.

please can someone use the previous application number for a new application, i mean for someone that has been refused once or twice? cox in my opinion its only UCI number that is the same all through but app number are different for all applications. pls kindly clarify this i want to know. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2017
Terror attack in Quebec

Canada one of the most peaceful country in the world.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by princeade09: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2017
Good day house, to all awaiting approval, this week shall be yours.

My question for today is that :

My tuition= 12 000
Room and miscellaneous expenses= 12 000
Total = 24 000

Now since an uncle is the sponsor and he has money in the account, how much should be the available fund 24 000 or higher?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Samo16: 11:37am On Jan 30, 2017
Please is the form A payment made for tuition at the official rate or black market. The current official rate for canadian dollar to naira is about 231.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
Eraytee:

please can someone use the previous application number for a new application, i mean for someone that has been refused once or twice? cox in my opinion its only UCI number that is the same all through but app number are different for all applications. pls kindly clarify this i want to know. thanks
Yes, the application number of the latest refused application including the UCI should be entered in a reapplication(Helps CIC to locate previous app). You are correct about the same UCI but different app number.

When an application is closed and refused, it cannot be opened again hence the new application numbers each time a reapplication is filed in.The previous refusal app number you filled won't matter anymore. The UCI will be same in all application because the UCI is used to lodge in and review GCMS files and reports for past and new app on their database.
Hope this brings clarity.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2017
Austinpee4:

Yes, the application number of the latest refused application including the UCI should be entered in a reapplication(Helps CIC to locate previous app). You are correct about the same UCI but different app number.

When an application is closed and refused, it cannot be opened again hence the new application numbers each time a reapplication is filed in.The previous refusal app number you filled won't matter anymore. The UCI will be same in all application because the UCI is used to lodge in and review GCMS files and reports for past and new app on their database.
Hope this brings clarity.

YOU NAILED IT!!!! THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CanadianNurse: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
Six killed in a shooting in Quebec city Canada... Looks like a terrorist attack.... Not good for immigration... Sometimes I don't blame Trump... Someone will take you in as refugee and you will start terrorizing them

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yamen21(m): 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
hello guys.

submitted my paper application on the 13th of jan, upfront medicals,
linked my application online.
just checked today and saw that i passed my medicals.
please like how long more do i have to wait for final decision?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
yamen21:
hello guys.

submitted my paper application on the 13th of jan, upfront medicals,
linked my application online.
just checked today and saw that i passed my medicals.
please like how long more do i have to wait for final decision?

no one on this thread has the answer to this question cox only CIC and the VO in charge of ur file can answer that. just b hopeful and pray. it will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.