Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (914088 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yamen21(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Eraytee:

no one on this thread has the answer to this question cox only CIC and the VO in charge of ur file can answer that. just b hopeful and pray. it will end in praise.

amen o. It will always end in praise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pokerboy: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Eraytee:

YES its possible
@Eraytee can you please guide me through the process... how to go about it... will the medical practitioner request for any form or a referral from the consulate... also what is the cost implication... thank you...
already found out about the possible medical centres from previous threads
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
pokerboy:

@Eraytee can you please guide me through the process... how to go about it... will the medical practitioner request for any form or a referral from the consulate... also what is the cost implication... thank you...
already found out about the possible medical centres from previous threads

to the boded nope since its upfront. the last time i was told about medicals about a week ago, I was told its 28k at easy life medicals, just call the place u want to have it done and ask for the necessary info.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
CanadianNurse:

.. Looks like a terrorist attack.... Not good for immigration... Sometimes I don't blame Trump... Someone will take you in as refugee and you will start terrorizing them

Am skeptical. Some report says The shooters have Quebec accent and the mosque received pig head sometimes last year. I think some local haters of Muslim/refugees can be playing the drama under the disguise of terrorist.

Note: I am an objective Christian.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pokerboy: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
Eraytee:

to the boded nope since its upfront. the last time i was told about medicals about a week ago, I was told its 28k at easy life medicals, just call the place u want to have it done and ask for the necessary info.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by edirex: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello Guru's,

Its 30 weeks since i submitted my application via paper route to the embassy in ghana for a study permit, am yet to get any positive response from them. Have sent mails via the email address and the CIC website, all i get is:"Kindly note that your application is still in queue for processing. No further action is needed from you at this time."

I never thought i would wait this long for it. Just confused

i really need your advice

THanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kemsure30: 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
@yamen 21
Hello pls can u help me with the steps u took to switch from paper to online
Am stuck n nothing is work out
Pls send me ur email pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kemsure30: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
@yamen21 pls ur email address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2017
edirex:
Hello Guru's,

Its 30 weeks since i submitted my application via paper route to the embassy in ghana for a study permit, am yet to get any positive response from them. Have sent mails via the email address and the CIC website, all i get is:"Kindly note that your application is still in queue for processing. No further action is needed from you at this time."

THanks

Sorry Pal... I can only imagine what you are going through.. Stay strong!..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Osemigho:

Am skeptical. Some report says The shooters have Quebec accent and the mosque received pig head sometimes last year. I think some local haters of Muslim/refugees can be playing the drama under the disguise of terrorist.

Note: I am an objective Christian.

Here is a link to the report
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/world/americas/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-canada.html

From the report, it was actually an attack on the Quebec Mosque.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bodmas3000(m): 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Same here I have been waiting for 5 months now can someone tell me what cause the delay?
edirex:
Hello Guru's,

THanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Amamicable: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello house, I just joined nairaland and I must say am very impressed with this tread because this is exactly what I need now and a very big kudos to everyone making contributions.

I just got accepted into a college in Alberta, I've gone to the cic to read about the visa application precess but I hv a few challenges. Please I'd need and appreciate all the suggestions I can get.

1. I hv a first degree in Library Science and was offered an admission in nursing. Is it going to be a problem convincing them? considering it's a different feild entirely.

2. My sponsor is not a relative but a friend. Is there a way i can convince them that indeed the friend is willing to foot the bills? someone suggested I say he's my mums brother, but we are not even from the same state, are there documents I need to backup that he's indeed my mum's brother? Or is there a more convincing thing I could use? Like a step father (but am thinking they might need a marriage certificate as proof)

Please am really confused, I need all the suggestions I can get.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
Don't be too quick to judge. Muslims were the victims of this attack. Posts like yours directly fuel xenophobia. Since you mention Trump, I should let you know that not one refugee admitted into the US has ever committed a terrorist attack. In the US, one is more likely to be killed by a rogue police officer or deranged white male than a terrorist or refugee.

Rhetoric like yours further the narrative that people who need help should be shunned and treated like criminals, just because they are fleeing a war-torn country. Also, since your rhetoric seems to applaud Trump and his recent inhumane actions, then I hope you'd be gleeful and happy if Nigerians got banned from entering the US (or Canada) due to fears about Boko Haram. I'm sure you wouldn't complain in that case since you would be directly affected. Yep, you sure wouldn't complain.

Put yourself in the shoes of the less privileged.

*PS: it's ironic that you come to this website to seek help from various volunteers, yet you lack empathy for those who need even more help than you.

Edit: The suspect in the attack you mention is actually a white nationalist, NOT a refugee or muslim
CanadianNurse:
Six killed in a shooting in Quebec city Canada... Looks like a terrorist attack.... Not good for immigration... Sometimes I don't blame Trump... Someone will take you in as refugee and you will start terrorizing them

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CanadianNurse: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
Try to comprehend the point an read imaginatively bro...terrorist are terrorist and not because of their religion I'm only making a point out because of basic info from what I read there has been a slight record of increased attacks on countries these host countries ... I'm not trying to insinuate that it's the refugees.......... All I will say is that I'm responsible for what I say but not responsible for what you understand or what you turn it to be..... But please don't quote me out of context if I ask a question an u don't feel like answering then no problem we all need help everyday of our life and I understand this u can't just come online and tell me my "rhetorics " I've learnt alot from your posts on here but please don't paint me black.... Thank you ...
thesoj:
Don't be too quick to judge. Muslims were the victims of this attack. Posts like yours directly fuel xenophobia. Since you mention Trump, I should let you know that not one refugee admitted into the US has ever committed a terrorist attack. In the US, one is more likely to be killed by a rogue police officer or deranged white male than a terrorist or refugee.

Rhetoric like yours further the narrative that people who need help should be shunned and treated like criminals, just because they are fleeing a war-torn country. Also, since your rhetoric seems to applaud Trump and his recent inhumane actions, then I hope you'd be gleeful and happy if Nigerians got banned from entering the US (or Canada) due to fears about Boko Haram. I'm sure you wouldn't complain in that case since you would be directly affected. Yep, you sure wouldn't complain.

Put yourself in the shoes of the less privileged.

*PS: it's ironic that you come to this website to seek help from various volunteers, yet you lack empathy for those who need even more help than you.

Edit: The suspect in the attack you mention is actually a white nationalist, NOT a refugee or muslim

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Newman1010: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello Fam,

I need urgent info for my bro about tuition payment to U regina, Master of computer science. Please any1 in Uni regina should assist with the following questions:

- What is the exact tuition fee. They stated the estimated amount on their website.
- How does flywire work?

How much do i need to pay before my study permit app.

Kindly assist with answers to these questions.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Amamicable: 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
Somebody please answer me, am really confused
Amamicable:
Hello house, I just joined nairaland and I must say am very impressed with this tread because this is exactly what I need now and a very big kudos to everyone making contributions.

I just got accepted into a college in Alberta, I've gone to the cic to read about the visa application precess but I hv a few challenges. Please I'd need and appreciate all the suggestions I can get.

1. I hv a first degree in Library Science and was offered an admission in nursing. Is it going to be a problem convincing them? considering it's a different feild entirely.

2. My sponsor is not a relative but a friend. Is there a way i can convince them that indeed the friend is willing to foot the bills? someone suggested I say he's my mums brother, but we are not even from the same state, are there documents I need to backup that he's indeed my mum's brother? Or is there a more convincing thing I could use? Like a step father (but am thinking they might need a marriage certificate as proof)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
I'm not painting you as black. Your commentary was self-explanatory; you blamed refugees and lauded Trump in the same vein. You are welcome to reverse your position, however.

Your comment that there's increased terrorism in host countries is completely false. No refugee has ever committed a terrorist attack in the US, and this specific attack in Quebec was not by refugees which is contrary to what your commentary clearly infers. But even if it were, so we should blame all refugees and deny them all any compassion? If this should be the case, then you should be ok with the US or Canada or the EU banning all Nigerian citizens (due to Boko Haram) from entry?

Anyways, I'm derailing the thread now. I just think this is pertinent because it is hypocritical to seek help on this thread yet make claims that infer that people who need much more help than you should be shunned.
CanadianNurse:
Try to comprehend the point an read imaginatively bro...terrorist are terrorist and not because of their religion I'm only making a point out because of basic info from what I read there has been a slight record of increased attacks on countries these host countries ... I'm not trying to insinuate that it's the refugees.......... All I will say is that I'm responsible for what I say but not responsible for what you understand or what you turn it to be..... But please don't quote me out of context if I ask a question an u don't feel like answering then no problem we all need help everyday of our life and I understand this u can't just come online and tell me my "rhetorics " I've learnt alot from your posts on here but please don't paint me black.... Thank you ...
CanadianNurse:
Six killed in a shooting in Quebec city Canada... Looks like a terrorist attack.... Not good for immigration... Sometimes I don't blame Trump... Someone will take you in as refugee and you will start terrorizing them

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Samo16: 10:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
Please what's the full address of the hospital. Is it on mainland or Island. Thanks
Eraytee:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tutu11: 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello house, I'm new here and I kind of need some information urgently.
1) While I was filling the IMM1294, I noticed where I had to fill employment status, I saw To and From, I'm wondering what my To would be since I'm still currently employed. What do I write?
2) Also, I was thinking of attaching my salary account to my application but I have roughly 200k in it, would I not be shooting myself on the leg by attaching that.
3) This would be my third attempt and my uncle is sponsoring me, I intend writing a letter of explanation giving reasons why my parents can't sponsor me since they were both my sponsor in the first two or is it not necessary again.
I'd appreciate urgent response please. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
thesoj:

Thought as much. All games played before and during the incident reveal to me that it must be anti-immigrants disgusing under muslim terrorism.
Well done to those that did their assignment to reveal the culprit identity. Too bad, Muslims carry the blame again.

Thank you for sharing the link.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 12:32am On Jan 31, 2017
edirex:
Hello Guru's,

THanks
we are on the same situation, submitted application online 21 September. I pray it all end with praise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 31, 2017
Amamicable:

1.I have a first degree in Library Science and was offered an admission in nursing. Is it going to be a problem convincing them? considering it's a different feild entirely.

do you have at least a year or less present work experience in nursing? if No, It is high time i started telling people the truth here than encouraging or giving you hopeless hope. with all i have marked in bold above it may further solidate my grounds to abort this application, do something meaningful with your N56k and go back and strategise your application,then you play by the CIC Rule.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tutu11: 7:51am On Jan 31, 2017
Tutu11:
1) While I was filling the IMM1294, I noticed where I had to fill employment status, I saw To and From, I'm wondering what my To would be since I'm still currently employed. What do I write?
2) Also, I was thinking of attaching my salary account to my application but I have roughly 200k in it, would I not be shooting myself on the leg by attaching that.
3) This would be my third attempt and my uncle is sponsoring me, I intend writing a letter of explanation giving reasons why my parents can't sponsor me since they were both my sponsor in the first two or is it not necessary again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kollynsb(m): 7:56am On Jan 31, 2017
Hello house, ive been a lowkey member of this group since parts ago. I have a friend who re applied for study permit in july 2016 and till now, he has not received a reply yet. Post Graduate course. Paper route. What can he do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Reemz: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2017
Hello. I want to apply online with the CIC application form on study permit. Can anyone share the knowledge with me if filled. My next procedure is submitting my form aside my documents. Kindly assist if you have filled and do have a sample form. Thanks house,just wanting to follow the right step and not make a mistake. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by edirex: 8:26am On Jan 31, 2017
ifydio:
we are on the same situation, submitted application online 21 September. I pray it all end with praise

Amen... but why is it taking this long?, I submitted on the 19th of July. Mine is the longest have heard of
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by edirex: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2017
bodmas3000:
Same here I have been waiting for 5 months now can someone tell me what cause the delay?

Am at sea as you do, really can't comprehend why its taking this long. Mine is the longest have heard off
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 31, 2017
Its so unfortunate, annoying and frustrating. I applied since July 4th 2016 and nothing till date, that's 30 weeks as well. I sent series of email but unfortunately nothing was done, I requested for my Passport when I needed to travel on official assignment in December but the Passport was not returned (I was penalized by my office for this), I sent a withdrawal mail that I am no longer interested in studying in Canada but nothing was done till date, I sent Case Specific Enquiry, till now no response. It's really frustrating. I have unused Visas on my Passport but all has expired due to the delay in my application processing. I am now at cross road and don't know what to do again. I have sent series of reminder email but to no avail as well. Sincerely, i never knew I could be this patient, the waiting is killing.

Please can anyone assist on information as to how to go about this?
edirex:

Am at sea as you do, really can't comprehend why its taking this long. Mine is the longest have heard off
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2017
Samo16:
Please what's the full address of the hospital. Is it on mainland or Island. Thanks

its on island, i dont have the address but its on CIC website even the contact info is there too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2017
Tutu11:

the following are just my opinion and i stand to be corrected

1. if you are able to get a study leave from work this should be good for you, so you can put the date your leave starts from your leave letter to where 'to' is on the form.
2. pls it is necessary once you declare you are working, they (VO) wants to see that coupled with payslips atleast 3months. about the account you can still boost it to up to 500k and above before printing you SOA.
3. LOE is ok as regards ur point. pls go ahead with that.

all the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Adedrizzy(m): 9:43am On Jan 31, 2017
Good morning nairalanders.
I woke up to this message from CIC from CIC that my application has been delayed. I just want to thank God that they didn't waste my time cos i submitted Dec 13 and i believe i still have enough time to reapply as my school starts in May. I would love all the gurus in the house to please assist me on this cos at the moment all what have learnt on this forum has blacked out of my head temporarily and as i can see from here my refusal details is a little bit different from others and i believe may be simple to tackle. God bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.