Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910917 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:24am On Feb 03, 2017
adesal120:
Good evening everyone, i intend to apply to memorial university of newfoundland, mount royal university and university of winnepeg to study either software engineering or computer science. i have read all the requirement and i meet all of them. As u guys knw the economic situation, i wrote a letter requesting for sponsorship from a wealthy nigerian which i pray he will accept. i want to ask that does anyone knw anybody or organisation in either nigeria or canada that is willing to help sponsor students to university or anyone who i can work with then in return pays my full fees. pls i need answers and advice will do

Although it is not impossible to find one, who will want to sponsor in cad in recession? knowing fully you can get same study in Nigeria in naira perhaps less than #500,000.
Dear bro/sis, if you have good CGPA, seek programs that offer scholarship.
Waiting on humans is like waiting till eternity. Think how you can achieve what you want now or later without depending on any. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2017
eddyme:
Hi, I want to apply to SAIT polytechnic for PGD program or two year diploma buy my fear is I am 28 and only have dilploman in software engineering, will I be taken and will try VO use age as a means of issuing visa...Also can you guys help me to suggest any school I can apply to for either Bsc or adavence diploma....Thanks

Google. Almost all uni can offer Bsc in your field. However, you will need strong financial background to be approved or survive.

check university of waterloo. I read the school is good for your field in the long run. But prepare to face high competition.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:44am On Feb 03, 2017
Khloepatra3:
Hello guys. Please my sponsor is my employer, what does he need to state in my letter of sponsorship that would be convincing to the visa officer?

Prove of why sponsor you in millions in recession. Why you? Why commit so much on you? What have you done to deserve it? What the company expect believe you will do to the company on your arrival?
Is there anything in your proposed field that your company is hoping to know how it is handled in Canada?

I hope your current position correlate with your propose field and future position in the company.

I hope you have good number of years in the company. Like more than 5 years. In sort, close to 10 years or more. Cos it shows you what you have committed to the company to deserve the scholarship from them.

I hope your company account is very very fat with good and explainable inflow.

Generally, it must show with evidence, via awards, achievement and long years of working for the company, that you have done a big thing for the company and deserve the scholarship.

If an ordinary person can not read your letter and be convinced, my dear, don't bother, change sponsor. If your enemy or stranger can believe the letter and your whole package, you are close to getting it.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by efosases: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2017
Good mrng great nairalander.
Applied for my TRV 14th Nov and got refused. Studeied computer science and my proposed study is software engineering a diploma program. The Reason for refusal was - others YOUR PROPOSED STUDIES ARE NOT RESONABLE IN LIGHT OF ONE OR MORE OF : YOUR QUALIFICATION , PREVIOUS STUDIES, EMPLOYMENT LEVEL OF ESTABLISHMENT , OR YOUR FUTURE PROSPECTS OR PLANS). Seems this reason is very common as i hv seen ppl with this reason of refusal online. Pls i need the guru to kindly guide me on the next step to go.. tanx

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Lowoa: 8:24am On Feb 03, 2017
mrsirdam:

Hi,
I might be of help to your aunty so if you don't mind, i have a few questions:-
1. Does your aunty work with a financial institution in Canada? If yes,
2:-what type of Permit does she hold? Work Permit, Study Permit or Visitor's visa?
3:- If your aunty has a work permit, did she get it as a result of Post Graduate Working eligibility or she got it through other mean like LMIA, Provincial Nomination or even as a refugee claimant?

if you give me precise info about these questions, I would where to begin thinking about her case and proffer potential solutions to you for her.

thanks. Thank you sir/ma for the reply. She works with a financial institution in Nigeria. She plans releocating to Canada with her family. She has two young daughters. Thank you.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Lowoa:
@Justwise and Other Seniors,

My aunty works with a finacial institutions and want a Canadian PR. She warns well and wants to quit her job.

Please I need you can help on how she can go about it herself. Every suggestion will be taken well. God bless this trend.

This thread will give your sister all the info she needs if she wants to work hard and do it the right way https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by edirex: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2017
AYMONI:
please, I need an urgent response to my plea! I applied for study permit since last year on 1st July, 2016. Since then my application status have not changed. My people what do I do?

You are not alone, i applied since 19th of July 2016, have not heard any reply from them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2017
Osemigho:

Although it is not impossible to find one, who will want to sponsor in cad in recession? knowing fully you can get same study in Nigeria in naira perhaps less than #500,000.
Dear bro/sis, if you have good CGPA, seek programs that offer scholarship.
Waiting on humans is like waiting till eternity. Think how you can achieve what you want now or later without depending on any. Shalom!

thanks a lot, will tap into your advice and get back to you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by seyo99: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2017
edwinbiz:
Everyone should consider applying to University of Regina, they accept almost everyone and in a few weeks too.
(Review their admission requirements and apply )

University of winnipeg and manitoba are also accepting applications at a massive rate.

As well as thompson rivers university, they even have their adverts everywhere asking students to apply!

Greetings from Regina sk and goodluck.
Bro I think the prob with university of Manitoba is securing a supervisor don't know of others tho. I tried for u of Manitoba, it was easy I must say lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2017
kalohenic:
Good evening house, I am new here but have tried to read through the thread from part 1 till 11.
I must say you'll have been doing a great job helping each other to find head ways, this is obvious as there have been alot of people making it thorugh from advise shared on this platform.

I am about to apply for study permit, but have some challenges and would appreciate your wealth of experience to make head way:

I have B.Eng in Elect/Elect with a first class, and have acquired certifications in Controls/Automation both locally and from a major Instrumentation coy in Switzerland. I have had almost 4years of experience in the field of Automation and Instrumentation from two multinational companies.

I got admission to University of Alberta to study Control Systems at M.Eng level, and have met the conditions of the offer which the school already acknowledged for Fall session. I also have Simon Fraser University offer to study same Control Systems but Summer Session.

I am an orphan and have no immediate family member to serve as sponsor, only my mentor who is willing to provide the necessary sponsorship documents...a businessman with good cash flow but with about 3m balance at the moment due to some transactions.

I have a personal account with over 6m but expecting to have about 9m before printing account statement. I also have a surveyed land valued at 3.5m and a pension account with a little above 2m.

My undergraduate project supervisor is willing to give letter of introduction, my former boss at my previous company too. I could also get letter of introduction from current place of work and a potential employer.

Please, would you advise I go ahead as self sponsored or include my mentor as co-sponsor?

If yes to co-sponsor ship, would an affidavit of sponsorship suffice?

If yes to self sponsorship, would it be appropriate to have 3.5m addition into my account this month and get the statement of account printed by 1st week of March or Last week of February?

Would you advise I do online application or Paper application?

Gurus in the house please lend your voice to my case, thanks in advance.

@Justwise @TheSOJ

What is the cost of the your study for the first year? School fees and maintenance money included.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ottawaboi: 11:30am On Feb 03, 2017
ottawaboi:
gurus in the house,please help i need a link to request for my CAIP file.
CIC; folaroyal,michv,thesoj,osemigho
gurus I beg you guys,tried reaching all the links posted but not going through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2017
edirex:

You are not alone, i applied since 19th of July 2016, have not heard any reply from them

Are your applications online or paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 11:43am On Feb 03, 2017
efosases:
Applied for my TRV 14th Nov and got refused. Studeied computer science and my proposed study is software engineering a diploma program. The Reason for refusal was - others YOUR PROPOSED STUDIES ARE NOT RESONABLE IN LIGHT OF ONE OR MORE OF : YOUR QUALIFICATION , PREVIOUS STUDIES, EMPLOYMENT LEVEL OF ESTABLISHMENT , OR YOUR FUTURE PROSPECTS OR PLANS). Seems this reason is very common as i hv seen ppl with this reason of refusal online. Pls i need the guru to kindly guide me on the next step to go.. tanx

Did you include a statement of purpose in your application, if yes?? Did u explain to them that Software Engineering is a branch of Computer Science?? If yes, then maybe they want you to apply for Masters instead. Because both ur Previous qualification and your aspired degree are in the same field of study, so I dont see the point for their refusal...

A Masters might b the answer..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2017
AYMONI:
please, I need an urgent response to my plea! I applied for study permit since last year on 1st July, 2016. Since then my application status have not changed. My people what do I do?

Is your application paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by andre99(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
The website was down for some days, it is back on, i checked some mins ago, here is the link again
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Kindly reply ur pm i sent u one.
ottawaboi:
gurus I beg you guys,tried reaching all the links posted but not going through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kalohenic: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
mrsirdam:

Hello kolahnic,

Firstly, I think your profile is good to go to the embassy to apply for a study permit; I mean you have a first class degree, you have at least Four years of work experience in Nigeria and in Switzerland, you got admission into one of Canada's premier universities to study an Elite program and you tentatively have access to 9 Million naira in your account.

I have a very high assurance that your application would be granted, as long as you provide all supporting documents that match with and can prove everything thing you stated that you have, I am also aware of the fact that you could use an additional sponsor with yourself being the primary sponsor towards your Canadian dreams.

According to the financial requirements, you are required to have your full tuition amount for the first year of study in Canada and also you should have an extra 10,000 Canadian dollars for your daily needs, in your single or multiple statement of account(s). So in terms of financial sustainability, for example if your tuition fees for the first year in the M. Eng program is 25,000, you would need 25,000 + 10,000 +35,000 in your statement of account(s). So you can multiply 35,000 by the current value of the exchange between Naira and CAD. One more thing the Visa officers put into consideration is the family information (and the dependents) of your sponsor so, if your sponsor has a family of Three (including Himself, Spouse and kid), they would require that his statement of account has enough money to cater for all three of them. The values are usually 10,000 for sponsor and 2,000 for each dependent.
So the Sponsor would need 10,000 + 2000 + 2000= 12,000 (all values in Canadian dollars).

If your sponsor's statement of account was gonna be used for your application, it means that your sponsor would ne needing to have at least (12,000 + 35,000 from the earlier calculation, which is = CAD 47,000! This is why it is important for you to submit your both your statement of accounts for this Visa application. You also mentioned that there is a high inflow/outflow of money from your sponsor's account, that should also give the Visa Officer a reasonable confidence that your finanial needs would be met; as long as you submit your own statement of account with 9 Million Naira and your Sponsor's account with 3 million (but the more money in it, the better your chances right?). please also note that an affidavit and a small letter of introduction from your sponsor would suffice in your case just simply stating that He, (your sponsor) is willing to be of financial assistance during your study in Canada.

It is just as important that you submit all the documents that show your work experiences, your letters of introduction from Uni and places of work, as well as your landed document to show extra financial proof of ties to Nigeria.

All in all, you have a fairly decent travel history; having been to Switzerland and your academic background suggests that you are someone who would genuinely pursue education while in Canada so i believe you should receive your document. You probably know this by now that you would need to make sure that all the documents in the "document checklist" for Nigerian applicants are well filled and submitted to guarantee a successful application.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta where your potential school is located and it would be good to have more Nigerian international student here that are brilliant, that could eventually settle to become permanent residents and can take some knowledge and experience back to Nigeria after a while.
Feel free to ask more questions and good luck.

I am very gratefull for the incite and detailed response. Hope the weather there @Edmonton is amiable.

The tuition cost for University of Alberta which I would go for is $13,821CAD.

I earlier stated that I expect an additional 3m into my account in a week time, would this not be considered as a case of money lodgment? Or would it be better for that amount to come in as a transfer from my proposed sponsor for easy explanation.

Thanks once again for the response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ottawaboi: 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
andre99:
The website was down for some days, it is back on, i checked some mins ago, here is the link again
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Kindly reply ur pm i sent u one.
checked my mail,did not see ur pm. Can I have ur email,will be glad to contact you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kalohenic: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:

What is the cost of the your study for the first year? School fees and maintenance money included.

Thanks for responding, i am grateful for your response.

The tuition cost for University of Alberta which I would go for is $13,821CAD and the average cost of living estimate is $11,620CAD for 12months.

Thanks once again.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
ottawaboi:
thanks a million for your response. I have gone thru it. In my case I provided all payslips and employment letters,I have not had any other degree since I finished Nysc in 2009 been working though. Did not attach any land document, provided my marriage certificate, wife's birth certificate, parents and siblings birthcertificate, inflow of funds into sponsor account almost 200m, outflow over 190m, my statement of account just around (500k), pension statement .....just overwhelmed right now....pls help.

Also does 'personal asset and financial status' mean that they did not have any issue with my sponsor document and the relationship (first cousin)?

Abeg make una use una elderly eye take torchlight d mata.

I'd really appreciate and in depth analysis of how to scale this one singular reason that delayed my TRV, even off air (if you don't mind).
if i would point out, your personal account statement is too low to satisfy economic ties having been employed since 2009.furthermore increase your account statement to 1.5million above.your wife is a tie but inclusion of kid(s) would further form stronger bondage back home/strong tie but since you don't have a kid(s),I feel property,land,stock and bond which worth reasonable amount should come in place everything being equal if there isn't unexplained gaps and all employment documents,payslip,letter of introduction are in place. i feel this would sort out personal asset and finance. your sponsors finances is ok.the VO wasn't pointing at ur sponsors fund.

*TRV Doctor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
kalohenic:

Thanks for responding, i am grateful for your response.

The tuition cost for University of Alberta which I would go for is $13,821CAD and the average cost of living estimate is $11,620CAD for 12months.

Thanks once again.

Ok that is your starting point of calculating the financial requirement and to see if you are good to go in that aspect.

1.Use the oanda.com to convert the total of that amount to naira and see if what you have covers it.

2. Put together evidence to support source of your income.

Forget about inflow and outflow because it means nothing, what matters here is cash readily available in your bank account for fees and maintenance for one year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olageeee(m): 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
Gud afternoon house I was delayed on the following grounds

1)Travel history,purpose of visit nd family ties In canada nd home country. Have ordered nd received the Gcms note I dnt seems to understand the vo's decision quiet well. Help a broda out if u care to read nd advice kindly pm me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by onmyteflon: 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Good afternoon gurus. I heard about Canada visa lottery please I hope its not a prank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oseni007(m): 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
It is a prank.....
onmyteflon:
Good afternoon gurus. I heard about Canada visa lottery please I hope its not a prank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by maternal: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
Seems like application for international students trying to get into a Canadian university has gone up due to Trump's anti immigration stance. Will Canadian universities increase prices?

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/7099954-canada-to-benefit-from-foreign-student-surge-
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
efosases:

I guess your proposed program is advance diploma. If yes, try get masters admission. If no, how good was your SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SURGEE(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
maternal:
Seems like application for international students trying to get into a Canadian university has gone up due to Trump's anti immigration stance. Will Canadian universities increase prices?

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/7099954-canada-to-benefit-from-foreign-student-surge-

Yes i quite agree with you. But i really don't think prices would increase. the Canadian government even have a lot to gain with the influx of young and well educated international students so they would equally create soft landing policies that would motivate more international students.

In fact, the government can even decide to waive application fees for the countries affected by Trump's executive order. For example the University of Manitoba now waive such for applicants from those countries for fall 2017 admission, Check here

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/programs/index.html

I'm even projecting the possibility of the government/institutions reducing the international tuition fees if consideration is given to the Canadian Federation of Students petition on the high fees paid by international students, just as stated on the link you posted.

My assertion is that Canada has a very large land mass and will continue to need more people, not just ordinary people but highly skilled and professional people with the potential of contributing immensely to its economy which is a win win situation for them.

They collect our international tuition fee, which adds up to their international inflow, and also create immigration policies (PR Route) that allow us to use the knowledge gained from their institution for canada's economic and societal growth.

Please who send me all this my story self.
grin

SURGEE

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
olageeee:
Gud afternoon house I was delayed on the following grounds

1)Travel history,purpose of visit nd family ties In canada nd home country. Have ordered nd received the Gcms note I dnt seems to understand the vo's decision quiet well. Help a broda out if u care to read nd advice kindly pm me

It is best you snap and share your note, while hiding personal info, or you PM gurus in the house. You are seeking helpers. For fast result, You have to go to them and not other way round.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ottawaboi: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
michV:
if i would point out, your personal account statement is too low to satisfy economic ties having been employed since 2009.furthermore increase your account statement to 1.5million above.your wife is a tie but inclusion of kid(s) would further form stronger bondage back home/strong tie but since you don't have a kid(s),I feel property,land,stock and bond which worth reasonable amount should come in place everything being equal if there isn't unexplained gaps and all employment documents,payslip,letter of introduction are in place. i feel this would sort out personal asset and finance. your sponsors finances is ok.the VO wasn't pointing at ur sponsors fund.

*TRV Doctor
OK,this is noted. Looks like I will add all documents add-able including vehicle receipt too since they want asset.

On the history, can I state that my job has never allowed me time to travel abroad or something?

Also, will the VO for the second application going to start from where the 1st one stopped or will it be treated like a fresh application? I intend to use same documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Osemigho:

I guess your proposed program is advance diploma. If yes, try get masters admission. If no, how good was your SOP?

@efe
it like u 've applied b4 dere is a mix up, an u didn't attach a strong sop to it 2 join d change but d previous and present 2geda. open up ur details so as to get a positive solution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adonai36: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
Gurus in the house, please what is the time line after medicals? Just linked the paper application with cic online account, and it shows medical passed! Will CIC sent an email requesting for other documents or just to keep checking the online account for further instructions. Thank you for your response in advance.

P.S: For people planning to stay back and get their PR after studies in Canada, please narrow your school search to the Atlantic Provinces (Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). The Government of Canada just came up with a pilot project for graduates of schools from this province that enable them to get PR after studies. Please check this link for more information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/index.asp

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
ottawaboi:
OK,this is noted. Looks like I will add all documents add-able including vehicle receipt too since they want asset.

On the history, can I state that my job has never allowed me time to travel abroad or something?

Also, will the VO for the second application going to start from where the 1st one stopped or will it be treated like a fresh application? I intend to use same documents.
use same documents but update those that require update and the further supporting documents to strengthen the personal assets and finance aspect. Threat your application like a fresh one,your case is not a serious one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.