Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913987 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mcowubaba: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2017
jfoe:
Hello Room,
please if someone is Hepatitis B positive
and wanna apply for Canada VISA
does it mean they won't give the VISA if they detect you are Hepatitis positive
and which other diseases will stop someone enterning Canada
Federal regulations list the following as a “communicable disease of public health significance”: Active tuberculosis, infectious syphilis, gonorrhea, infectious leprosy, chancroid, lymphogranuloma venereum, granuloma inguinale, and HIV infection. Any quarantinable, communicable disease specified by Executive Orders.

Though, hepatitis is very Infectious, i don't think you Would Be Denied Based On That. . .
U Can Ask The Medical Centre Were You Did Your Medical Examination
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 12:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Folaroyal:
Okies... I am forgetting something grin
PoE experience... KLM from Lagos to Toronto... After customs .... Was directed to immigrations... I did not have to show any documents... Correspondence letter and offer letter were untouched & inside my bag all through.... I presented Just my passport.... Why are you in Canada?... Studies ni Sir!! And that was it... Permit printed and stuck to passport page... Welcome to Canada he said.... And i left.
Concluded my plans.... Drove into New York through the land border to Buffalo airport after a week...now at JFk nd on my way to Lag... program starts April. Brought maple leaf!!! grin grin
Regards all.

correct....we will be joining you soon
I got conditional admission with university Canada west for fall session

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
please has anyone heard from University of New Brunswick... I applied for Meng geomatics engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
Folaroyal:
Okies... I am forgetting something grin
PoE experience... KLM from Lagos to Toronto... After customs .... Was directed to immigrations... I did not have to show any documents... Correspondence letter and offer letter were untouched & inside my bag all through.... I presented Just my passport.... Why are you in Canada?... Studies ni Sir!! And that was it... Permit printed and stuck to passport page... Welcome to Canada he said.... And i left.
Concluded my plans.... Drove into New York through the land border to Buffalo airport after a week...now at JFk nd on my way to Lag... program starts April. Brought maple leaf!!! grin grin
Regards all.
Nice one! Little wonder you disappeared here completely for a while. Welcome!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Is2bEe(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Folaroyal:

No Sir!
You need a US visa..... It's an international border... Same as going through the airport.
Regards.

With a Canadian study/work permit, one can actually move in and out of Canada and USA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
Is2bEe:

With a Canadian study/work permit, one can actually move in and out of Canada and USA
Is this a question or confirmation?... Just asking! Well... Maybe if you carry either of their passports sha... In which case you still need ESTA to enter US or ETa to enter Canada..... No free passage!
Otherwise, you MUST have a valid US visa to enter US from anywhere!
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by teeyboy: 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2017
seyo99:

It all depends on you bruh. If your aim is becoming a pilot, then go for piloting. You don't need a first degree to put in for piloting course, so why waste your cash and time. Aerospace is wide so if you wanna seek knowledge cool. About universities with reasonable tuition lol, I think the cheapest is U of Manitoba also check out Concordia, Carleton, Toronto and Ryerson uni. Can't really tell what UG tuition is like... I only know of masters tuitions. All the best.
Thank you @seyo99 for the candid advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Folumade1: 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
C3PO:
Hey ppl! Happy belated New year wishes

Justwise, Akanni, Tnuola, thesoj, all great house members.

I have a peculiar baegè.

I got my TRV (Student visa) in 2015 to study in Canada but I never travelled.
My TRV expires in March 2017 but I want to travel for my MSc degree in Canada (starts in September 2017) this time around.

How do I go about it?
Reapplication for New visa or Extension of Visa (to Sept. 2017).

I hope I have explained properly.

@ not going for your programme since you were given a TRV and you didnt revert back to the embassy you won't be travelling..... it only takes God intervention for you to have another study Visa in Canada. except there are reasons beyond your control why you could not go even at these reason(s) you must have notified the embassy if not. OYO.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by teeyboy: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2017
@sey99 I really appreciate your advise. Is it okay for me to go to a university that offer aeronautic /aerospace engineering and pilot studies at the same time . Are there universities in Canada that offer these courses together , your urgent reply needed. @seyo99 , others
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 3:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
Is2bEe:

I disagree with u, if u dont av a valid US visa u cant enter US with ur study permit, u need atleast a B1/B2 visa wch is invariably easy to get from US embassy in canada, from experience of people have seen, they easily issue out B1/B2 visa to int'l student studying in canada.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Is2bEe(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
Eraytee:

I disagree with u, if u dont av a valid US visa u cant enter US with ur study permit, u need atleast a B1/B2 visa wch is invariably easy to get from US embassy in canada, from experience of people have seen, they easily issue out B1/B2 visa to int'l student studying in canada.

You are right bro. I just did further research. I had always had wrong info in this regard. I have learnt something today. Thanks to @Folaroyal and you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by teeyboy: 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
teeyboy:
@sey99 I really appreciate your advise. Is it okay for me to go to a university that offer aeronautic /aerospace engineering and pilot studies at the same time . Are there universities in Canada that offer these courses together , your urgent reply needed. @seyo99 , others
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2017
Thanks
Austinpee4:

If there is any need to or any doubt about authenticity of the document(s) issued by the employer, they will contact for verification. Ordinarily,nobody can say they contact employers as a routine or not.
It will depend on how your case add up and how it doesn't. Just make sure all your documents are genuine and have valid contact address.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
Lawrence2291:
Good Morning All,

Ive been a silent follower of this thread after I submitted my application for studies on October. I must say you all are doing a nice job especially for experienced member providing others with solutions and useful information.

However, I got this mail few days ago from CIC,

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

In the current application package, you submitted a bank statement purportedly issued by Zenith Bank that has been determined to be fraudulent

Please experts in the house, advice me on what to do. Im confused seeing this email...

i have being seeing such similar posts recently especially from silent followers. please whoever sees his/her self in this omen should sincerely channel the question to their selves or an agent if you used any because we didn't prepare and weren't there when you prepared your application.
moreover when we go to our banks to print bank statements,tell your bank/account officer that it's meant for visa application so that it will be printed on official letter headed paper,duly stamped and signed and reference letter written and attached to that effect.

*TRV Doctor and Consulting*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Samo16: 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello guys. I have been brain storming on which channel to make my payment. My tuition is 16000CND. I have a sponsor my mum and a co-sponsor(Uncle) different surname...My mums junior brother....indicating to pay 8000 CND for me....However it's still my mum paying indirectly. Its just to avoid immediate lodgement of money into her account. Does it make sense the cosponsor making the part payment while my mum still has about 5 million left in her account with a turnover of 8 million. Thanks guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
Guys I have been thinking of the possibility of this. Is it possible for someone to run a PGC and masters program concurrently? Like a program of 2years in PGC then after one year into the program, commence a Masters program. Just thinking the possibility, anyone with idea?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by theHanafis(m): 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Dear altruist, I'm a prospective PhD student and will like to apply to some of the schools in Canada. My undergraduate and MSc Major is in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Please what are the requirements? and what do i need to start an application? Do i need to contact professors/supervisors in Canada first? Your favorable responses will really be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
please does anyone know how much it cost to renew a passport that has 4 months validity on it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 7:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
Vorpal:
please does anyone know how much it cost to renew a passport that has 4 months validity on it?

I think it's same amount as getting a new one. Am not sure of dis, but av seen someone who renewed and it was d same amount with getting a fresh one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
Eraytee:

I think it's same amount as getting a new one. Am not sure of dis, but av seen someone who renewed and it was d same amount with getting a fresh one.

Haba, 25k?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
Eraytee:

You are right... It's the same amount as getting a new one..
Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Vorpal:

Haba, 25k?
If not more now sef..Renewed mine at 27k as at sept.
The official rate should be way less but trust naija, even the security at the immigration office will ask if you have anybody helping you..The hustle is real!
So prepare when going, you could be lucky and do it for less.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
wiljen120:
All praise and worship belongs to Allah (SWT) for the approval of my TRV, which of his favors will I deny? None.

Application Timeline:

Online route and upfront medical

Application and biometrics - Nov. 14
Medical passed - Dec 16
Passport request and passport submitted - Jan 31
Passport collected - Feb 7
correspondence letter - Feb 8

Programme: MEng Information Security, Concordia University Montreal

Please I have a question @folaroyal, michv, thesoj, osemigbo and all other gurus in the house, my proposed programme has already started since January 9, 2017 and I can't meet up with the winter admission again according to the school. How do I solve this issue? Should I apply to defer my admission and apply for study permit extension here in Nigeria?
Please, what's the best way to tackle this issue? Thanks

Which all TRV hopefuls success

Salam Brother,

Congrats bro.

Please how did u pay for the online application and which bank did u use.

i need help on that as i will be submitting my application next week with online route

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2017
preciouschydo:
I Just submitted my application for Msc Mechanical.in Univeristy of Manitoba..
I sent emails to possible supervisors I preferred but no response...

I reluctantly sent my application...

What are my chances?
Am Worried

Lets just keep praying, i have also a pending application with them also.

Hoping for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by donolatunji(m): 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hello Pls I Need Info On Travelling To Canada As A Skilled Worker,i Mean The Procedures,how To Secure Visa Etc.Thanks In Anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

Awaiting a decision, their applications just closed for law anyways on the 31st of January so till ending of Feb or early March according to the mail I was sent by my Graduate Secretary for my course.... Can't say about yours though...

we are waiting..i applied to MSC computer science.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dejino: 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
dear great guys in the house. I have been a silent follower of this thread for quite some time and would like to appreciate your good work. I need help with an issue that has been bothering me for a while.
My wife has an admission from Humber college and we are in the process of submitting our application for study permit. We have deep fears of the success of the study permit request in view of our desire to have the children relocate with her for the two years and the success of a desire to apply for work permit for the husband.
Can we apply for the work permit of the husband or do we allow her get her study permit first.
Would the children not raise a red flag of not returning back to Nigeria
If both are possible, what process should we take to have this a done deal.
I am actually particular about the family relocation more than mine

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.