Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912407 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by samwheel(m): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Guys, pls I need samples of sop.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
@ mikymiko,does he needs to take a photograph with his uncle?
Mikymiko:
it is not late to apply. You can use your uncle but you must pay your tuition fees first. You also need to provide his birth certificate, your birth certificate and if maternal uncle, you must get ur mum birth certificate and marriage certificate. Also get your uncle's identification (international passport or permanent residence card photocopy). Your uncle should also provide you with his employment documents and a sworn affidavit of sponsorship. Best wishes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
pepe4reps:
@ mikymiko,does he needs to take a photograph with his uncle?
VFS no longer accept pictures. You can still try getting pictures but all the documents I listed are highly important.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sheriph: 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=BE811APP post=49447241]If its less than a year.. No need for medicals only passport request..
When the time comes..

GoodLuck

Thanks bro,, read this BOLDED on CIC PUB MANUALS. But my wife applied for visa September this month, while she did the medical last year October,,meaning it will expire October 2016. but since she applied SEP , and application process will take more than October. Guess the point connotes applying before it expired, while the application process might exceed the expiring date.

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

There is no expiry date of medical validity for applicants who are inadmissible.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
@vancouverguy..thanx alot my bro...i av more questns frnds
1)...With my PGD i plan to work for like 4 years so as to get PR,after my PR i wll den apply for Msc......whats ur view
2)Am an acct grad,wit d PGD(in acctg/finance) aw easy is it getting a good job

Thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
frnds in canny...How easy is the post graduate diploma compared with masters

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
adesbaba:
@vancouverguy..thanx alot my bro...i av more questns frnds
1)...With my PGD i plan to work for like 4 years so as to get PR,after my PR i wll den apply for Msc......whats ur view
2)Am an acct grad,wit d PGD(in acctg/finance) aw easy is it getting a good job

Thanx
U can't work for 4 years after pgd.the max u can is 3 years and that is if your pgd is 2 years or more.if your pgd is just a year then u have to secure your "stay" within that 1 year after graduation cos u will only have a year permit then u can do ur MSc and pay local student tuition rate.

As regards getting jobs,all I can say is there are no guarantees anywhere but it's a good place to hunt for job.as long as u not a lazy individual, u will get something to earn some dollars.that "something" might not be your perfect job initially but employers always ask for "canadian experience" that might be were u will meet that this requirement and make progress upward in job hunt.Now some provinces offers more opportunities than others too...keep that in mind.
There are peeps that get there ideal job without canadian experience too.it all boils down too finding favor.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Judgepelumi(m): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
mcobex:
Feel free to ask here so other people can learn and as well contribute. Hope u understand bro?

Sure i definitely do. I was at an education centre some days ago and a lady said getting admitted to MUN is very difficult. According to her, they have low admission rate yearly. Im concerned becos i av a gre score of 296 which is not upto the 302 dey are asking for but i have a research proposal i want to use to support my application. I just want to knw wat im up against and my chances of getting admitted. Not many ppl might have a research proposal to support their application. The prog is Msc bus administration. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ed321:
Thank you for your response. Am going for a one year program, is that amount not too much? And in my letter of admission i was informed to budget 1000-1200 per month for living expenses.

its not too much. from CIC guideline you have to make a provision of 10k for ur living expenses. others of 5k is for flight and other expenses. Even what your school asked you to budget for is even more than CIC own.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
@vancouver guy.....am grateful...av changed plans..check it out;

1)...after my 2 yrs pgd,with my 3 yrs work permit...i will work fr like 2 and half years,if i get my PR...then fly to U.K for 1 year msc(cos i will love to av a U.K cert)..i will be coming to canada during the msc break since i already av my PR...

2)After my msc in u.k..i will finally come back to canada...with my pgd and msc in U.K...will i still get good job(am an hustler)

i need the canny pgd majorly for PR

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iyobs7(f): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
Just to get a clear explanation as to what SOP is, I had to ask a friend of mine who got to Canada last week for his Ph.D.

This is for those who do not have an idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Shollysoft: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
Gymme:
I'm just gonna talk about UNBC cos that is where i graduated and from your write up, i guess you wanna specialize in Finance (same specialty too). Your chances are high if you could convince a Prof to supervise you.
In this case, the only Finance Supervisor i know is Reza Chowdhury. You can find his email on the school's website and email him about your RESEARCH INTEREST. Convincely make him know how ready and determined you are to work with him.
Above all, if you have a strong CGPA in your last 2 years during your undergraduate, you will scale through the first stage of the admission process. Then, your application will go through a committee that includes all potential supervisor. This is where each supervisor chooses the student they want and recommend them to school.

@Gymme I have actually been looking for someone who I can help me out with some certain questions about UNBC, and I noticed that you are always ready to give you attention. I was admitted into the NRES graduate programme for Sept 2017, but due to my study permit processing I can't start this Sept. pls can I send you an email about some questions I need you to help shed more light on? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chinex911: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
good day house m new in nairaland I want to apply for a school in Canada finished with a 2:2 hw do I go abt it lookin at febuary 2017 tanks and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
yOU will need to make use of google,try type in the course you intended going for,postgraduate,canada...type that in google search
Chinex911:
good day house m new in nairaland I want to apply for a school in Canada finished with a 2:2 hw do I go abt it lookin at febuary 2017 tanks and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
type statement of purpose,canada,nairaland in your google search,you will see the thread,you will see it in part 9...anything you are looking for here just follow that step you will get it
samwheel:
Guys, pls I need samples of sop.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammyacbxyz: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Quick one pls, my application was refused in August and i immediately requested for GCMS notes from gcmsnow.com. a friend of mine in Canada also helped me request for ATIP on the same day. She received it on Friday last week but we did not find the notes of the exact reasons for refusal in the ATIP sent to her. I noticed that some pages were withheld. What could have been the reason for this?
I am still expecting GCMS notes for gcmsnow.

@michv nice posts man. Can i send you my SOP to read through? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
adesbaba:
@vancouver guy.....am grateful...av changed plans..check it out;

1)...after my 2 yrs pgd,with my 3 yrs work permit...i will work fr like 2 and half years,if i get my PR...then fly to U.K for 1 year msc(cos i will love to av a U.K cert)..i will be coming to canada during the msc break since i already av my PR...

2)After my msc in u.k..i will finally come back to canada...with my pgd and msc in U.K...will i still get good job(am an hustler)

i need the canny pgd majorly for PR

Hmm se na so trv easy these days?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by greatlifeis89: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Guyz, Please i need your help.

My visa application was rejected last week but my application on VFS website still states that my Visa application is still being process.

This implies that my passport has not been dispatched to Nigeria.

I will need the passport next week................Please what can i do??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
Good day house. Please I need your help in answering this question.
My sponsor wants to transfer the money for my studies & d whole Canada tingy from her savings account to her salary account. We will be submitting her salary account to d embassy. Please how do we explain this in her sponsorship letter, (the transfer between accounts) Her savings acct isn't as active as her salary acct which has more in/outflow. So we are a little confused on how to put this down in writing. I told her to wait first, lemmy ask the gurus I know somewhere grin

Please someone shd answer me....puuuuuulllllllllleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RAY12345(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hello Guys, Please i need ur advice on this. A friend wants to submit trv application using his blood brother who works in one of the multi-national oil coys as a sponsor. The sponsor's acct has good inflow and outflow but just that at the moment, there seems to be no much cash in it (less than 1m). But the bro got a letter from his company's savings and thrift (cooperative) body stating that 15M is in the bro's personal account with them which is more than enough to sponsor the applicant. Kindly advice, do u think he should submit the application as it is? Because, time is really going and school resumes Jan 5th.
NB: the bro has given all other documents that may be required to proof relationship and capability to sponsor.

Waiting for your reply guys. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Friends my TRANSCRIPT and STATEMENT of RESULT has same WRONG Matric no(d same no on my transcript is also on my statement of result)...and am abt to apply for admission..can i go ahead with it ....cos it might tqke months to get another one of both frm my skul..DNT WANNA miss d admission time...PGD/TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kakamsi: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
adesbaba:
Hello frnds...Am a 2:2 grad of accountin..wanna apply for PGC may entry 2017....Have searched tire for acct or finance courses with may entry in colleges...only selkirk college was my result...please frnds GIVE ME MORE SUGGESTIONS OF COLLEGES...wanna begin application soon plsssss

Check University of Windsor dey hv post graduate diploma in accounting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
[
Please someone shd answer me....puuuuuulllllllllleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee [/quote]

Another reason why people rarely comment.

I posted something on her transfering some amount to your account with an explanation of what it is for. Why transfer from her personal to salary?
You better start cajoling the sponsor before you encounter stories that touch!

@ray12345 take note too.

#feel free to yarb me, I care less#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
greatlifeis89:
Guyz, Please i need your help.

My visa application was rejected last week but my application on VFS website still states that my Visa application is still being process.

This implies that my passport has not been dispatched to Nigeria.

I will need the passport next week................Please what can i do??
same happened to me.i sent mail to vfs,vfs directed me to send mail to accra immigration telling them my status and my package is yet to be dispatched, that i should quote my name,passport number and reference no.just this afternoon Canada VAC VFS called me to come pick up my package
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=michV post=49502041]same happened

@ mich and yemdogg make we relate via mail
I will send u the whatsapp able number
The old one is in Naija.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mcobex: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
I want to believe the lady said that cos she wanted u to try other schools, though MUN is much cheaper compare to some schools but I can assure u that u will get the admission. I applied for pgc in marine engineering and got it without gre(I submitted a letter from my previous school stating I was taught in english language + my expired toefl result). Trust me u will be admitted as long as u apply early. Best of luck
Judgepelumi:

Sure i definitely do. I was at an education centre some days ago and a lady said getting admitted to MUN is very difficult. According to her, they have low admission rate yearly. Im concerned becos i av a gre score of 296 which is not upto the 302 dey are asking for but i have a research proposal i want to use to support my application. I just want to knw wat im up against and my chances of getting admitted. Not many ppl might have a research proposal to support their application. The prog is Msc bus administration. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BE811APP: 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
She should transfer the money to her salary account in bits.. Maybe like 500k in 2 days interval...

If she transfers more than a million at once.. she will have to write a letter of explanation!

Good Luck dear!!!

Chrissybaybee:
My sponsor wants to transfer the money for my studies & d whole Canada tingy from her savings account to her salary account. We will be submitting her salary account to d embassy. Please how do we explain this in her sponsorship letter, (the transfer between accounts) Her savings acct isn't as active as her salary acct which has more in/outflow. So we are a little confused on how to put this down in writing. I told her to wait first, lemmy ask the gurus I know somewhere grin

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
bosypumpin:

lemme PM you so that you can send me the new contact
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Chrissybaybee:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by stillo209(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
please guys how do I go ahead to request for my gcsm files? plus I heard it's possible to appeal one's refusal,how true is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.