Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912390 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mayor05: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
uvagho:
Personally ,i think it is more logical that you transfer the 10m into ur own acct..being a signatory to an account does not mean that the fund is automatically or entirely yours.sometimes we shld not also blame d vo for our own mistakes.

what difference does this make? considering I submitted a reference letter from the bank stating that I'm a signatory to the account.

let's not forget I was refused on personal asset and financial status basis too. although I submitted a letter of administration from FCT high court stating that I'm the administrator of my dad's assets. I'm not the only child,i have an elder sister who is married with kids
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
An Eye opener

Culled from German thread.

While its commendable that u re trying to help which its a rarity among Nigerians these days....I m tempted to sound a warning to you and your prospective clients...there is a reason why db is asking student to provide account details with the money and also fill d account where the money is comin from..although this law is nt applied properly and often at times ignored.

I dont wanna be a spoiler..but evil triumps when good do nothing. ...you can call me an alarmist or anything..but the word CREDITING ..mehn...I will try to paint out a scenario for you...I m in no way accusing you of anything.....

The question is do you know where that money is coming from..how well do you know these pple?

If that money is not comin from a legitimate source the owner of the blocked account is finished..it may take time before the funds re traced..but once traced . The person will face investigation which may nt be fair cos it will be tough to prove u re not part of the scheme..bank transfer in Nigeria showin u paid the person the money may nt be enough..The banks will come after u with everything..the owner of the blocked account may nt understand German enough to even go thru such stress..the Nigerian embassy will abandon u ...

if at the end of the day ..u could prove u were nt part of the scheme..ur education will suffer...huge legal fees will be there to pay..but if u cant...d minimum sentence u will get is 3yrs...after serving the 3yrs u will be shipped back to nigeria.

I do understand its becoming increasingly difficult to fund using Nigeria banks and the cost from black mkt is something else..but its better to face that stress than risk certian things.

The word creditin in blue mkt like Biglord called it means funds been transferred to ur account often at times from sources that re nt legitimate...eg....hacked accounts..stolen credit cards..Diverted payment...using the account to accept payment or drugs....

The money maybe comin from bizmen like they will say or pple who wanna transfer money back home...lols...Be Careful pple..Be Careful once jungle mature dem nor dey see paddy...

This is Europe!...the german sys is tight...it will rip u to shreds if u re on the wrong side of the law

Truth is it is damn risky to transfer ur money using such method.....forget what the person is tellin u..forget it....there is a parable in Nigeria that Dogs dont eat Dogs.

My advise is source ur money locally via bank or black mkt and transfer it from ur Dorm account..it is expensive we know but it is better and less complicated.

All d best pple.

Again I ve nt accused u of anything..cheers mate!

Important to note that if you use an intermediary oversea to remit your fees, whenever the need to refund arises maybe due to unforseen contingencies, your school will only refund the money to the source (the guy who credited your account) as you will have no access to the money once you are not in Canada.

Shine your eyes for people using Creditors oversea.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
@ mikkymiko while the post you shared is not a lie, what can our people do nah?
That was the medium I used too and it worked out for me.
Bought dollar with my hard earned naira.
There are real people ready to help.
Let me give an instance. When i arrived winnipeg CAD was N275 to a dollar. Someone advised I chill that he was sending some money home to Naija at d end of d month whi h was just like 10 days away then. He was a very respectable person in the community that I found myself. Kriss77 advised me not to trust anykne and deal immediately. I didnt heed him.
By the expiration of the 10th day it was 305 already. The man changed his ringing tone andbsaid he got 310 can i deal @ 305. I was so disappointed that I couldnt eat or go to sch.
I dealt at 305 and i am not talking about small money here.

My take : whatever works for you in maintaining ur status , do it ( i wanted to pay my tuition as I couldnt pay from Naija and I bought at whatever rate available before cic will wonder wetin dey happen). He who knows it feels it o

Regards everyone

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
mayor05:

what difference does this make? considering I submitted a reference letter from the bank stating that I'm a signatory to the account.

let's not forget I was refused on personal asset and financial status basis too. although I submitted a letter of administration from FCT high court stating that I'm the administrator of my dad's assets. I'm not the only child,i have an elder sister who is married with kids

Obviously something was not clear or properly understood by the vo in you application' how can he tick insufficient fund for tuition when you have paid for tuition

We must not assume this vo easily understand things and one must try to be as clear as possible

You need to request for your gcms to really know what went wrong

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
U don't need to notarize all ur documents, photocopies will do. But if hand dey scratch u, can go ahead grin. Its not necessary
xyoung:
Please gurus in the house, I am currently gathering my documents and ready to submit but I got confused wit this. Do I have to notarized all my photocopied documents one by one? It is up to 50 ooo.. Can I just submit ordinary photocopy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cancity234: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
Please any one in the house residing in Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
xyoung:
Another quick question please. The attached document is a break down of financial status. I have the compulsory 10k dollars (equivalence in naira) and intend to register 9 credit each semester, making it 18credit for the 1st year. If my bank statement read 18 credit tuition fee + 10k dollars equivalence in naira. Hope i dont have to watch my back with the VO ? (I am offering 30 credits in total for my MEng program and will be completed in 4 semesters)

My acceptance letter didn't specify my tuition fee cost but got this from goggle

CC @jessica
@thesoj
@michV
@emma4eva

Abeg help una boy ooo
mail your school/admission officer to clarify you further because you want so to be able to fill your funds available section on CIC form and know your budget.any answer you source here might be contrary to your school's fee schedule
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uvagho(f): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2016
mayor05:

just transfer d cash to your account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jimaktol: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
Please house,

I submitted my app. 30th August. Just got an email that my app has been updated. But when logged in, I didn't see anything apart from what was there before.

I was hoping it would be the medical call-up, but nothing was there.

Please any hints from anyone?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
Tarry:

Obviously something was not clear or properly understood by the vo in you application' how can he tick insufficient fund for tuition when you have paid for tuition

We must not assume this vo easily understand things and one must try to be as clear as possible

You need to request for your gcms to really know what went wrong
What was not clear when he has his full tuition payment. Let us just understand that the VO just wanted to refuse this application.if i were a VO and i want to be fair to refuse the application,my basis will be insufficient funds without working in Canada to maintain yourself and transport yourself to and fro canada if the sponsorship letter wasn't detailed.my basis of about to start argument roaming on this is why was it FOR TUITION FEES despite the fee payment?

@mayor05. My further question to you, how did you state your sponsorship letter and affidavit of support?who did you say was sponsoring you? If that account is a joint account and you are the signatory as you said,i see no need transfering the HUGE money to ur personal account since your dad is late.what would you tell a VO that the money in your late dad's account jointly owned by you were move to ur personal account for what reason? The joint account is also your account too which you are a signatory to,lets not forget this.

If you are moving this money to ur personal account,will you tell the VO that it was ur late dad that moved the money NOW to pledge his commitment?

If your mum is still alive i think she has to come to play here to say that part of the money in your dad's joint account with you was meant for your education even before his death and such money will still be made available for your education in other to fulfill the promise she kept for your dad in this junction with your full tuition fee payment receipt,4million will now be made available to cover your living expenses/ accommodation/and any other expenses of its kind in canada from this account which my son is also a signatory to.

Your sponsorship letter will have to be a different one since the deceased who would have attested such sponsorship is no more and the VO wouldn't accept all this money is all yours just like that but your Mum coming to play a part in the sponsorship letter would make things formal and realistic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olaniyisal: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good day house,

Please, how can tackle this reason.

The VO says this as shown below.

"I am also not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of an authorized stay given, in part because of educational and employment history.

Someone should please respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by solbob(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
It has happened again

Applied on 25th of May 2016

Pgd international business management (Niagara college)

Refused today 28th September (after 18weeks)

Atleast I can move on with my life after several months on waiting and I m definitely not reapplying grin grin
Thanks to everyone that supported me in the journey

#PlanB Activated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by solbob(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
It has happened again[color=#990000][/color]

Atleast I can move on with my life after several months on waiting and I m definitely not reapplying grin grin

#PlanB Activated

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=solbob post=49750089]It has happened again[color=#990000][/color]

Diz guys get hrt I swear... 18weeks still nothing? Is crazy men.....anyway sorry my dear, I will advice you not to give up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
Jimaktol:
Please house,

I submitted my app. 30th August. Just got an email that my app has been updated. But when logged in, I didn't see anything apart from what was there before.

I was hoping it would be the medical call-up, but nothing was there.

Please any hints from anyone?

Thanks.

Just remain positive, you might get called for medicals before week end (just a guess, not specific). Are you for masters or PGC(D)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
solbob:
It has happened again

#PlanB Activated

Sorry bro! Never give up on your dreams, maybe you can try once more while activating your plan B.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
solbob:
It has happened again

#PlanB Activated

keep calm bro..i understand your emotional pains right now.Sorry!
we should understand that Canada has tightened their system due to unexpected voluminous applications
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
Take courage and tackle it before reapplying.

What are the reasons?

Share ur documents

solbob:

#PlanB Activated

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jimaktol: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks a bunch.
PGC, Fanshawe!

CannyZionist:

Just remain positive, you might get called for medicals before week end (just a guess, not specific). Are you for masters or PGC(D)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
Is there anything like Malaysia study thread on Nairaland ? embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
michV:
Is there anything like Malaysia study thread on Nairaland ? embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/1577459/ask-me-anything-malaysia-ill/2
Check it out, don't know much about the thread. Guess you might get some useful info from it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineinstein(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
domex007:

I applied to Manitoba. university one program for winter 2017. I can be of help to you.
did u apply by urself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
CannyZionist:

https://www.nairaland.com/1577459/ask-me-anything-malaysia-ill/2
Check it out, don't know much about the thread. Guess you might get some useful info from it
lol grin thanks though..i was never serious
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bobotubo: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
solbob:

#PlanB Activated

wot are the reasons for refusal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi guys, it looks like Canadians are naturally slow in doing things. Few weeks ago ,I was delayed so I sought for my c$12150 refund from my school,fanshawe college. They just sent me a mail telling me that the refund could take up to 90 days - 3 months!!.

I need to reapply on or before October 17 and the c$12150 is part of the money I need in my bank account to show that I can take care of my tuition while my sponsor takes care of my upkeep etc. I emailed them to ask them if there is anything I need to do to hasten the refund but I got the same 90 days bullshit.

Abeg guys, what can I do?

When I reapply how do I let the visa officer know that I genuinely have that amount of money ? What convincing way can I do it?

Thanks.

Btw, I'm reapplying with the admission letter of another school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
michV:
lol grin thanks though..i was never serious

I wonder what makes u asked for it..was actually surprise lol.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
I don't even want to know if it's a Business or corporate account, provided his tuition was paid in full...common the excuse of insufficient fund for tuition is lame. Gbam!

michV:
@Tarry lemme be specific here.on a neutral ground i see no reason for such insufficient funds to pay tuition after he had paid his full tuition fees. i have to be judgemental here.The VO obviously discarded the application.when someone is a signatory to an account, does it not mean a JOINT ACCOUNT? If yes, i have right to such account in withdrawing,depositing and transactions of any kind. I have an account with my dad which he is a signatory to and it's a joint account.moving money to his personal account,when he is a signatory holder to the jointly owned account with his dad does not solve the case because if such account is jointly owned,it is legitimately his own unless it's a business/corporate account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2016
please house i just got adnission at an ontario college, i hope its not too late to start applying for visa,?....cos am to resume jan 19, its a 1yr prog...
# 2ndly....using a reputable agent to apply for visa, those it reduce the time frame of getting it done?
thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iggynasia(f): 4:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Hi.....

Congrats on your admission.. I guess it is not late to start applying.

I'm just gonna stress on your NOT using an agent. Its my opinion but if you wanna, be sure to. It does not fasten any process neither does it guarantee your visa. Reputable or not!!! Basically, I think they qualify as reputable even if they are not as they convince you and get the cash.

Work on your application yourself and be as transparent as you can, like a really interesting book that needs to be read.

All the best
spores99:
please house i just got adnission at an ontario college, i hope its not too late to start applying for visa,?....cos am to resume jan 19, its a 1yr prog...
# 2ndly....using a reputable agent to apply for visa, those it reduce the time frame of getting it done?
thank you

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olaniyisal: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2016
olaniyisal:
Good day house,

Please, how can tackle this reason.

The VO says this as shown below.

"I am also not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of an authorized stay given, in part because of educational and employment history.

Someone should please respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=olaniyisal post=49761450][/quote] Upload your refusal letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by steffans(m): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2016
spores99:
thank you

PLEASE don't waste your money on an agent..

If u have not paid yet.. Do it yourself!

But if u insist on paying an agent.. You can come and pay one off the gurus here and they will do a better Job at a cheaper rate than the agent you will pay ur serious thousands too..

And it doesn't speed up the application process!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.