Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? (39752 Views)

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Governor Ikpeazu In Arm Wrestling With A Chinese Investor In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by chukslawrence(m): 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

This write up is a fascinating work of fiction that is totally incorrect, from the standpoint of ballistic reality. Clearly the writer of this factually erroneous description has never owned a real gun in his life, but hopes to impress similarly unenlightened readers by baffling them with bullchit accumulated from playing video games and watching old war movies.

A pump action SHOTGUN unleashes a horrific flesh-mangling blast at point-blank ranges within 20 yards, BUT, those pellets only possess a MAXIMUM lethal range of 50 yards at best. Any target beyond 50 yards that is hit by shotgun pellets has a very good chance of escaping with small pellet wounds, and at ranges beyond 100 yards, shotgun pellets may not even retain sufficient energy to penetrate clothing. As a hunter who has used a pump action shotgun to down quarry ranging from fast-flying birds to sprinting deer, I happen to know what I am talking about, from personal experience over many, many years.

A rifle projectile, on the other hand, is capable of blasting gaping holes in flesh, and shattering bone, all the way out to 1 kilometer downrange, depending on the caliber of the projectile fired. The venerable AK47, chambered with the 7.62x39mm cartridge, is a devastating weapon capable of precision fire out to ranges in the region of 80 yards, beyond which accuracy drops off significantly, unless of course the rifle is fitted with a telescopic sight that improves accuracy, such that 200 yard shots can be attempted by steady-handed shooters. My .308 caliber deer rifle, fitted with a high magnification telescopic sight, will make clean deer kills well out beyond 350 yards, when fired from a stable resting position.

Having thoroughly tested the accuracy of an AK47 rifle at the firing range where many crates of ammo were expended at paper targets, I can lay claim to a very deep familiarity with the AK, going beyond mere shooting, and into the realm of complete disassembly and reassembly, which I perform blindfolded with ease, meaning that my observations about this weapon ALSO derive from EXTENSIVE hands-on experience, and not wild, uninformed speculation.

Before taking to the internet to make outlandish claims about subjects one does not truly understand, it would be prudent to bear in mind that not everyone in the targeted audience is guaranteed to be as profoundly ignorant as the pontificating writer.
The guy be forming Silvestre Madu not knowing we've got Silvestre Stallone here.
Thanks for enlighten bro!

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by madridsta007(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
redcap:

Where in Nigeria can one acquire this machine legally.

Are you a Fulani?

and a herdsman?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Rozaystunna(m): 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:
The law states you can only own a licenced double barrel shotgun.

The firearm is restricted to cartridge shells only and not buck shots.

It is not to be carried in public and is restricted to hunting and home defense.

Pistols, semi automatic and full automatic rifles are completely haram.

Dane guns firing shells are allowed since you don't stand a chance in hell with that crap.

But that doesn't stop the fulanis from getting Ak-47 assault rifles.

Chai gun nigga
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by chukslawrence(m): 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
papaejima1:

grin grin
Clap clap.
Rambo talking.
I love the assembly and disassembly blindfolded part. grin grin
The other guy think say all off us be Osofia, he cum they form Silvester Madu for us. He know no say we get the Original Silvestre(Rambo) for here.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

He may not knw anytin abt the Gun....but he got d laffin spot on....Nairaland is Jst for fun as no one here intend to buy such gun in Nigeria... knwing it is illegal...

So his post was Jst for fun....you Dnt Hv to call him names...

If u ask me I will tell u, Ppl actually enjoy his post mre Dan yours...... you Dnt Hv to b over Crious Evritym

That's all you know: fun, as evidenced by your writing skills (or lack thereof). A little knowledge doesn't hurt. Good job Jakumo!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by JuanDeDios: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
planetx:
Only someone that doesn't know the amount of damage done in a country like the US where almost every Tom dick and harry owns a gun will be advocating that sort of madness in Nigeria. I see people exchanging hot words on the streets of Lagos on a daily basis and you want to put firearms in that equation ? All we need is to empower the police and make them effective, American gun culture is nothing to emulate.
Add to that the fact that we have no effective police to monitor the firearms. Our police don't even know what fingerprints are. If kill someone in street A, all you have to do is to leave street A and you're free. The police will invade street A and arrest anyone they see. And that is it.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by iPopAlomo(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

This write up is a fascinating work of fiction that is totally incorrect, from the standpoint of ballistic reality. Clearly the writer of this factually erroneous description has never owned a real gun in his life, but hopes to impress similarly unenlightened readers by baffling them with bullchit accumulated from playing video games and watching old war movies.

A pump action SHOTGUN unleashes a horrific flesh-mangling blast at point-blank ranges within 20 yards, BUT, those pellets only possess a MAXIMUM lethal range of 50 yards at best. Any target beyond 50 yards that is hit by shotgun pellets has a very good chance of escaping with small pellet wounds, and at ranges beyond 100 yards, shotgun pellets may not even retain sufficient energy to penetrate clothing. As a hunter who has used a pump action shotgun to down quarry ranging from fast-flying birds to sprinting deer, I happen to know what I am talking about, from personal experience over many, many years.

A rifle projectile, on the other hand, is capable of blasting gaping holes in flesh, and shattering bone, all the way out to 1 kilometer downrange, depending on the caliber of the projectile fired. The venerable AK47, chambered with the 7.62x39mm cartridge, is a devastating weapon capable of precision fire out to ranges in the region of 80 yards, beyond which accuracy drops off significantly, unless of course the rifle is fitted with a telescopic sight that improves accuracy, such that 200 yard shots can be attempted by steady-handed shooters. My .308 caliber deer rifle, fitted with a high magnification telescopic sight, will make clean deer kills well out beyond 350 yards, when fired from a stable resting position.

Having thoroughly tested the accuracy of an AK47 rifle at the firing range where many crates of ammo were expended at paper targets, I can lay claim to a very deep familiarity with the AK, going beyond mere shooting, and into the realm of complete disassembly and reassembly, which I perform blindfolded with ease, meaning that my observations about this weapon ALSO derive from EXTENSIVE hands-on experience, and not wild, uninformed speculation.

Before taking to the internet to make outlandish claims about subjects one does not truly understand, it would be prudent to bear in mind that not everyone in the targeted audience is guaranteed to be as profoundly ignorant as the pontificating writer.

Bros... You harsh small ooo... still didn't answer the question... how do one legally get a gun in Nigeria...?

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Pylony(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Since there are none, how can we practice?
Have to wait patiently for that day a cow marauder visit you to take your practice on him. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by chidozieikeji2: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:
The law states you can only own a licenced double barrel shotgun.

The firearm is restricted to cartridge shells only and not buck shots.

It is not to be carried in public and is restricted to hunting and home defense.

Pistols, semi automatic and full automatic rifles are completely haram.

Dane guns firing shells are allowed since you don't stand a chance in hell with that crap.

But that doesn't stop the fulanis from getting Ak-47 assault rifles.

laws in nigeria is for the south and not for the north BORN TO RULE
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by donem: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

It's illegal to own a pump.

I will prefer buck shots fired from this monster

Fired that once, believe me man if u get shot with that, u won't know what hit you.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
azpekuliar:

Madam abeg comot for road if U no get wetin to talk. People who come to Nairaland with very serious issues deserve better than all these clowns who rush to the front page with asnine comments just to garner likes.

So how does d post help nw..

Are u gonna actually we Acquire such gun?

incase u Dnt knw this post is Jst for fun,as no one intend to....Cuz is illegal...

Abi dem go go ask u abt guns for ur xams.....

Cn u tell mi house helpful it is to u n others?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by bantudra: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
that is a tricky wan...in the age of terrorism and militancy,i dont think its a good idea now,to own a weapon,..

you know,our army shooot first before asking questions...

i would ask for advice from the elders and kings.....nigeria is at war!!!..

any nigerian can be mistakingly declared enemy at this time...
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Gofwane(m): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
carmag:

How do fulani headers carry Ak 47 all over the country

I have never seen a Herdsman with an AK 47 in my life.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by tunergy(m): 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

It's illegal to own a pump.

I will prefer buck shots fired from this monster

DAO 12 southafrican semi/full auto shotgun. Their Father.

]
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Phlegmwash:

That's all you know: fun, as evidenced by your writing skills (or lack thereof). A little knowledge doesn't hurt. Good job Jakumo!

Knowledge abt Wat if I may ask........knowledge abt guns... Lwkmd....

Writin skills funny u.....Hw cum u comprehend my post den. ...

Funny tin abt Ppl Lik u is Dat,wen ur required to show ur writin skills u Wuldnt, infact fail badly....Bt here in Nairaland, whr such is not necessary ............u start showing off.....

Dnt worry seun will award u best righta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

incase u Dnt knw this post is Jst for fun,as no one intend to....Cuz is illegal...

all you care about is fun...some of us prefer knowledge here...not all of us are clowns...move to the joke section

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
all you care about is fun...some of us prefer knowledge here...not all of us are clowns...move to the joke section

Okkk.....Wat is d knowledge u Hv gained so far abt guns...

Tell us..

Stay deir dey price car Tyre wen u NEVA fit buy wheelbarrow.....

Ur learning abt guns,wen u Dnt Evn knw Wat gun is meant 4...

Jst keep deceiving urself.....

Dey Gv u real gun nw,u go 1st pee inside ur boxers....

See who dey prefer knowledge.... if ur looking for knowledge, Na gun knowledge dey sweet u...u think say Na video game gun abi... .

U wan learn abt guns,Na him u no go sambisa....

Iti Lik u

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

Tell us..
you can't comprehend what serious mind inbibe..just roll along
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
we nid guns.....

JuanDeDios:

Add to that the fact that we have no effective police to monitor the firearms. Our police don't even know what fingerprints are. If kill someone in street A, all you have to do is to leave street A and you're free. The police will invade street A and arrest anyone they see. And that is it.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by sodson11(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
GBTYO:

Not everybody be coward like una
Can you explain your signature?
It is a mystery to me.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by azpekuliar: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

I would normally not suffer fools lightly, but I'll suggest you should take a break from NL and read up some gossip on Linda Ikeji's because that's where your ilk are.tongue

FYI, I am also done writing exams and have been for years now. I am already enjoying the fruits of my labor and deserve to be allowed the means to protect it when the need arises.

I didn't get to this point overnight. One night after, being accosted by hoodlums while driving back home with my side glass wound down in traffic, I began looking to acquire non lethal weapons for purposes of self-defence e.g pepper spray, tasers etc..

So that post should naturally interes me, because I not only intend to take up shooting as a hobby when outside these shores, but also want a firearm for self-defence.
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
MadCow1:

I have never seen a Herdsman with an AK 47 in my life.
you must be living in another planet
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by nijabazaar: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

His piece might be a fascinating work of ficton but the theme or the message is inbtwn the lines.....the call to arms against the Northern invaders.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
azpekuliar:

I think you should take a break from NL and read up some gossip on Linda Ikeji's blog. That's where your ilk are.tongue

I am also done writing exams and have been for years now. I am already enjoying the fruits of my labor and deserve to be allowed the means to protect it when the need arises.

After being accosted by hoodlums while driving back home with my side glass wound down in traffic, I have been looking into acquiring non lethal weapons for purposes of self-defence e.g pepper spray, tasers etc.. This post naturally catches my interest because I not only intend to take up shooting as a hobby when outside these shores, but would also want a firearm for self-defence.

And u beliv ur pepper spray will do d wrk in Nigeria......

Hw does it connect to a kind of gun Wich is Nt legal in Nigeria?

how will pepper spray help in traffic,Cuz hoodlums cuts in number ,Hw mny will u spray before traffic finally release u....

If u intend to take shooting as ur hobby outside diz shores,den learn abt it outside d shores....

Cuz I see no reason Why illegal equipment, shuld b ur area of interest
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by azpekuliar: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

And u beliv ur pepper spray will do d wrk in Nigeria......

Hw does it connect to a kind of gun Wich is Nt legal in Nigeria?

how will pepper spray help in traffic,Cuz hoodlums cuts in number ,Hw mny will u spray before traffic finally release u....

If u intend to take shooting as ur hobby outside diz shores,den learn abt it outside d shores....

Cuz I see no reason Why illegal equipment, shuld b ur area of interest

There are other non-lethal ways to immobilize an attacker. I only mentioned those as examples. You are at liberty to use the resources available online to educate yourself. Is the direction of the thread lost on you? There is a procedure for acquiring a firearm legally for self-defense.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by vickylala239: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
azpekuliar:

Is the direction of the thread lost on you? There is a procedure for acquiring a firearm legally for self-defense.

Do try to scare me of to another thread...

I think u Jst Hv to face me....

Besides the firearm ur were arguing abt Was that Wich is illegal in nigeria...

Stop running from the actual point....

Stop repeating urself,evrione knows There are procedures to acquire certain arms in Nigeria,Bt Dat does Nt include d arm ur were busy ranting abt
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by jiinxed: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
kaeforum:
This is Nigeria not America, the only thing you are entitled to is cutlass. grin

What of the fulani killers that walk around with ak47 rifles?
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

Tell us..

Stay deir dey price car Tyre wen u NEVA fit buy wheelbarrow.....

Ur learning abt guns,wen u Dnt Evn knw Wat gun is meant 4...

Jst keep deceiving urself.....

Dey Gv u real gun nw,u go 1st pee inside ur boxers....

See who dey prefer knowledge.... if ur looking for knowledge, Na gun knowledge dey sweet u...u think say Na video game gun abi... .

U wan learn abt guns,Na him u no go sambisa....

Iti Lik u

madam why you come de joke for here now while people are seriously looking how to protect their environment when the needs arises, that's why the reasoning of men and women differs ..every day in the news is about killing here and there do you think it's going to stop as long as north remains in power
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by chiMoni37(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by chiMoni37(m): 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jakumo:

... Bros u too much.. please can you teach me how to SHOOT. . cheesy
Re: How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? by dyydxx: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
vickylala239:

Do try to scare me of to another thread...

I think u Jst Hv to face me....

Besides the firearm ur were arguing abt Was that Wich is illegal in nigeria...

Stop running from the actual point....

Stop repeating urself,evrione knows There are procedures to acquire certain arms in Nigeria,Bt Dat does Nt include d arm ur were busy ranting abt

The fact that it is illegal doesn't mean accurate information shouldn't be cherished, or one shouldn't have accurate facts on legalities, loopholes or even potential illegalities. Everything is not for fun, especially for thinking people. If you still don't understand that then you are truly ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters / Three Dead As Soldiers Chase Ballot Box Snatchers In Imo / TVC Poll Tags Peter Obi As "Pastor"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.