Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,378 members, 7,861,046 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312761 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2011
@justwise, i have added you to the msn chat, im online now, come online so we can chat bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
dming:

@justwise, i have added you to the msn chat, im online now, come online so we can chat bro.

I have't seen it, give me ur id then i will add u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
ggtggt11@hotmail.com add me im online now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2011
dming:

ggtggt11@hotmail.com add me im online now

Added u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2011
@justwise, could you pls come on messenger if youre not too busy. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 11:39am On Apr 05, 2011
Hi everyone, Ive been followed this thread for close to a year now and I learnt a lot here as regards my application last year though my visa was denied then. I am planning to re-apply this year(As I deferred the admission then after paying part of d tuition fees) but I have a couple of grey areas that I'll need clarifications on please;
1. Will the refusal on my passport not affect my application this year
2. What are the real implications and difference of the new Tier 4 migrant guidelines as against what existed before
3. When is the best time for me to start applying and,
4. Do i stand a far better chance if I go through an Agency and which is the most recommended on this forum.
Guys, I'll appreciate all the help you can offer. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2011
Sorry forgot to add that the Study is for September 2011
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:52am On Apr 05, 2011
Yababoy:

Hi everyone, Ive been followed this thread for close to a year now and I learnt a lot here as regards my application last year though my visa was denied then. I am planning to re-apply this year(As I deferred the admission then after paying part of d tuition fees) but I have a couple of grey areas that I'll need clarifications on please;1. Will the refusal on my passport not affect my application this year
2. What are the real implications and difference of the new Tier 4 migrant guidelines as against what existed before
3. When is the best time for me to start applying and, 4. Do i stand a far better chance if I go through an Agency and which is the most recommended on this forum.Guys, I'll appreciate all the help you can offer. Cheers

1. It depend on the reason why u were refused at the first place.
2. If u are going to study in the university rated higly trusted then the changes will not have any implication to ur application.
3. July is not a bad time to start
4. If u can't do it urself then u are not really ready to study in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:54am On Apr 05, 2011
dming:

@justwise, could you pls come on messenger if youre not too busy. thanks

Please drop me an email if its urgent cos i will not be logging in to msn till later in the day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2011
@justwise, its not so urgent, i can wait till in the evening. what time precisely will you be on messenger?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hi Justwise, thanks for your reply. I was refused based on insufficient maintainance fee last year. I was pressed for time as I was late for resumption and so my funds were not in my account for the 28 days before I printed my Accounts Statement and applied for the visa. The University is rated Highly Trusted.
I don't think using an Agent means u aint ready to study in the UK. I for one am obviously 'over-ready' but I'm asking because I need to know if this could increase the rate of success significantly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
Yababoy:

Hi Justwise, thanks for your reply. I was refused based on insufficient maintainance fee last year. I was pressed for time as I was late for resumption and so my funds were not in my account for the 28 days before I printed my Accounts Statement and applied for the visa. The University is rated Highly Trusted.
I don't think using an Agent means u aint ready to study in the UK. I for one am obviously 'over-ready' but I'm asking because I need to know if this could increase the rate of success significantly.

What i meant by not ready to study in the UK is that student visa application is much easier to handle compared to the course work u will face in the UK.
The 1st refusal will not affect ur chances this time around, just put ur documents together and go for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2011
Thanks immensely, I appreciate your answer. I'll let you know my progress on the application as soon as I start it. Please. I also have a week's training in UK for June (this is sponsored by the company), kindly advise on which class of visa application is most appropriate as I'm almost confused by 'em all. I'm actually filling the Business visitor now, please am I on course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2011
Yababoy:

Thanks immensely, I appreciate your answer. I'll let you know my progress on the application as soon as I start it. Please. I also have a week's training in UK for June (this is sponsored by the company), kindly advise on which class of visa application is most appropriate as I'm almost confused by 'em all. I'm actually filling the Business visitor now, please am I on course.

Thats ok, u are doing the right thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
Yababoy:

Thats ok, u are doing the right thing.
Good luck with everything.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by smitt002: 10:11am On Apr 06, 2011
pls i need help on dis urgently.regarding section 5.12 of d personal details form(tier 4 general student), where we are asked to tick the box if u are providing original test certificate, i am using the TOEFL online print out, i dont knw if i shld tick the box, pls i need ur advice, thank u God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by smitt002: 10:16am On Apr 06, 2011
pls i need help on dis urgently.regarding section 5.12 of d personal details form(tier 4 general student), where we are asked to tick the box if u are providing original test certificate, i am using the TOEFL online print out, i dont knw if i shld tick the box, pls i need ur advice,pls i was onced refused on d bases of insufficient fund,now i am reaplying nd i misplaced my initial ref number pls is there anyway of retrieving it ?? thank u God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2011
smitt002:

pls i need help on dis urgently.regarding section 5.12 of d personal details form(tier 4 general student), where we are asked to tick the box if u are providing original test certificate, i am using the TOEFL online print out, i dont knw[b] if i shld tick the box[/b], p[b]ls i need your advice,pls i was onced refused on d bases of insufficient fund,now i am reaplying nd i misplaced my initial ref number pls is there anyway of retrieving it [/b] ?? thank u God bless
smitt002:

pls i need help on dis urgently.regarding section 5.12 of d personal details form(tier 4 general student), where we are asked to tick the box if u are providing original test certificate, i am using the TOEFL online print out, i dont knw if i shld tick the box, pls i need your advice, thank u God bless
You should tick the box and submit the online print out, as long as it has all the info needed for verification if the BHC wants to do that.
If u can't remember ur Ref number u can still apply but remember to tick 'yes' where they asked if u have been refused visa b4 and give reason(s) why u were refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2011
justwise:

Please drop me an email if its urgent cos i will not be logging in to msn till later in the day

i have got the lard copy of the visa letter and receipt to via post yesterday.
i am waiting for my school id card to be ready so as to include it in the application.
i intend to submit the following

visa form
visa letter from school
original payment receipt
personal bank statement with over £8000 (self sponsor)
observed the 28 days ritual
letter from school (nigerian uni)
school id card and docket

justwise and the entire house, please am i missing out anything

NB: I am applying for a student visa on a short course 6 months and not a full tier 4 student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2011
smitt002:

pls i need help on dis urgently.regarding section 5.12 of d personal details form(tier 4 general student), where we are asked to tick the box if u are providing original test certificate, i am using the TOEFL online print out, i dont knw if i shld tick the box, pls i need your advice, thank u God bless
Quick one, is TOEFL now compulsory for UK studies? I didn't use it last year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yababoy:

Quick one, is TOEFL now compulsory for UK studies? I didn't use it last year.

For courses below degree level yes TOEFL is needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
dming:

i have got the lard copy of the visa letter and receipt to via post yesterday.
i am waiting for my school id card to be ready so as to include it in the application.
i intend to submit the following
visa formvisa letter from school
original payment receipt personal bank statement with over £8000 (self sponsor)
observed the 28 days ritual letter from school (nigerian uni)
school id card and docket justwise and the entire house, please am i missing out anything
NB: I am applying for a student visa on a short course 6 months and not a full tier 4 student visa
Those items u listed there are ok. You should stand a good chance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by smitt002: 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
@justwise, thanks a lot, i have finnaly found the ref number where i wrote it, i am going to write my Toefl username nd passoword @ d top of the print out, so they can login to verify, how abt that ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2011
smitt002:

@justwise, thanks a lot, i have finnaly found the ref number where i wrote it, i am going to write my Toefl username nd passoword @ d top of the print out, so they can login to verify, how abt that ??
Good idea. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 12:31am On Apr 07, 2011
justwise:

Those items u listed there are ok. You should stand a good chance.

thanks justwise, i intend to make a transaction on my account, pay in 1000 naira on thursday, print my statement on friday and apply on monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
What do u all think about foundation in bsc courses in uk colleges?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:01am On Apr 09, 2011
dammiac:

What do u all think about foundation in bsc courses in uk colleges?

Not bad but make sure that any college u choose is rated  highly trusted by UKBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 09, 2011
@justwise d school is highly rated, pls can I av ur yahoo messenger I'd pls? I av some questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2011
dammiac:

@justwise d school is highly rated, pls can I av your yahoo messenger I'd pls? I av some questions

I use hotmail and its in my profile
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2011
dammiac:

@justwise d school is highly rated, pls can I av your yahoo messenger I'd pls? I av some questions
dammiac what school is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 10, 2011
i dont even understand the maintenance thing, is d money meant to be in ur acct for 28 consecutive days or 28 working days or what? pls justwise and d others i need ur contribution,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2011
dammiac:

i dont even understand the maintenance thing, is d money meant to be in your acct for 28 consecutive days or 28 working days or what? pls justwise and d others i need your contribution,

28 days consecutively, wkends included

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (141)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.