Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,403 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months (30887 Views)

The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) / Fayose Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen Arrested By Ekiti Anti-grazing Marshall - Pics / Fayose Signs Ekiti Open Grazing Prohibition Bill (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Lezzlie(m): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
ebosie11:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/flashgov-fayose-just-signed-ekiti-state.html
Fücking proud of you! What a way to awaken the passive political participation of Nigerians!!!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Cjrane2: 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
May God bless Gov. AYO fayose for fighting for the right of his people to survive.

Many evil southern governor know the naked plot of using so called herdsmen to kill innocent people and yet they have kept quiet and done nothing to protect their people

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by erico2k2(m): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
State Laws versus federal laws, this bill ain't going nowhere. A Nigerian has a constitutional right to move around in to any part of the country lawfully.
*modified
All those people quoting me and saying;
1. Fulani are roaming with guns. I believe not just Fulani but anybody in possession of AK47 if not a security agent is a terrorist and should be arrested. I have personally never seen a Fulani wielding one.
2. Fulani are destroying people's farmlands, I don't know which state in Nigeria is that legal? Anybody found vandalizing people's farmlands should arrested.
BUT you can't deny people their means of legitimate livelihood for political reasons.
Try to think rational at times,States have rights to prohibit certain activities within its borders,You forgot up north certain states its illegal to drink sell alcohol?

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
AfroKnight:
Good move. Let all herdsmen build ranches and pay tax.
Pursue them with tax.... I just love the law

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
jtwest:
:DI wonder if pmb will talk, am not expecting him tho cos when ppl were being killed, he didn't say naada! Now price of cow meat go triple for Ekiti! >sad
Cow meat causes a lot of diseases so good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Sonn(m): 12:04am On Aug 30, 2016
i don't understand clearly, "moving from one place to another" does it mean they should stay at a particular place & graze or what? thou the man is a man indeed' he has genuine balls.....
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by bashydemy1: 12:18am On Aug 30, 2016
Those that are hailing Fayose and cheering him have forgotten Federal power supersede state power something applicable with law. If State Jail them and Appeal/Supreme court says otherwise.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Skmoda360(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
State Laws versus federal laws, this bill ain't going nowhere. A Nigerian has a constitutional right to move around in to any part of the country lawfully.
*modified
1. Fulani are roaming with guns. I believe not just Fulani but anybody in possession of AK47 if not a security agent is a terrorist and should be arrested. I have personally never seen a Fulani wielding one.
2. Fulani are destroying people's farmlands, I don't know which state in Nigeria is that legal? Anybody found vandalizing people's farmlands should arrested.
BUT you can't deny people their means of legitimate livelihood for political reasons.
what is this one saying? you can gather some few cows and roam across Ekiti farmland and see whether you wont eat your ass....burumba

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by DamiBukola: 1:38am On Aug 30, 2016
bashydemy1:
Those that are hailing Fayose and cheering him have forgotten Federal power supersede state power something applicable with law. If State Jail them and Appeal/Supreme court says otherwise.
You really need to go back to school if you can't understand common elementary principles of law. Federal law only supersedes when there is conflict, so tell me the Act of which this Law is contrary to.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by MikeB3(m): 3:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Good legislation! It would go a long way to restore sanity and prevent untimely death in Ekiti state and affected states should follow suit especially Enugu, Benue, etc. The Executive and legislative arm of Ekiti State are working and political opponents of Governor Ayodele Fayose won't see anything good in this legislation but his sympathizers and neutrals would see good in it. #Truth #Itiswell #GodblessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by EazyMoh(m): 6:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Skmoda360:

what is this one saying? you can gather some few cows and roam across Ekiti farmland and see whether you wont eat your ass....burumba
What is wrong with you people? Where is it ever legal to roam into people's farmland? It has always been illegal to do that in whatever part of the country and the perps have always been arrested and tried, so no need for this bill in the first place if truly that is what it aims to achieve. But the bill just aims at stopping grazing completely both law abiding and otherwise, which is unacceptable.
Just few weeks ago a Bororo Fulani camel gave birth in a cassava farm in my community and the police arrested them and an out of court settlement of N50,000 was paid by the herdsmen. We didn't need that bill to administer justice, if that's what Ekiti is after and not victimization simply because all herdsmen have been demonized.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by remirez07(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
*modified
... And a Nigerian also have right to kill fellow Nigeria? Go to farms to see what this animals has done to people investment.. They deserve been penalise.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Klington: 6:47am On Aug 30, 2016
abokibuhari:
the only brave man in the history of of the Yoruba race after fani kayode

awolowo can't and is not fit to untie fayose's number
...the only brave n fearless man in the whole nigeria
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by EazyMoh(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2016
erico2k2:

Try to think rational at times,States have rights to prohibit certain activities within its borders,You forgot up north certain states its illegal to drink sell alcohol?
You have a point, but you can't compare animal grazing with sale of alcohol. One is ancient profession that is embedded in a people's culture and livelihood, the other is a sacrilege people living in a particular location dislike and prohibited long in history.
And do you think Alcohol is the only un-islamic trade/activity that is happening in the north? If all the things prohibited by Sharia were to be imposed no non-muslim could live comfortably in the north.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Klington: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Fayose 4 presidency cum 2019...
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
*modified
1. Fulani are roaming with guns. I believe not just Fulani but anybody in possession of AK47 if not a security agent is a terrorist and should be arrested. I have personally never seen a Fulani wielding o
ne.

madness has many forms and this is the latest strain

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by abusurv(m): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2016
The police,DSS,military,and civil defense are all under the control of the president and they carried out order giving to them by the president.Which police is fayose going to use to enforce the law? As far as I know there's no state police only vigilantes and that too has to apply to the police to get license to carry gun . this does not mean I am in support of what the Fulanis are doing am just being realistic.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by erico2k2(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:

You have a point, but you can't compare animal grazing with sale of alcohol. One is ancient profession that is embedded in a people's culture and livelihood, the other is a sacrilege people living in a particular location dislike and prohibited long in history.
And do you think Alcohol is the only un-islamic trade/activity that is happening in the north? If all the things prohibited by Sharia were to be imposed no non-muslim could live comfortably in the north.
Acient ? Well not drinking alcohol is acient too.u can't pick and chose . If can't abide by the state rules stay off . This si what alcohol drinking people had done to them states . They lost that right when they began to kill and rape people all in the name of one Nigeria.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by erico2k2(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2016
abusurv:
The police,DSS,military,and civil defense are all under the control of the president and they carried out order giving to them by the president.Which police is fayose going to use to enforce the law? As far as I know there's no state police only vigilantes and that too has to apply to the police to get license to carry gun . this does not mean I am in support of what the Fulanis are doing am just being realistic.

Why are you talking as of U ain't Nigerian .u forgot you can be arrested if your activity is termed as bridging the peace ? So definitely cattle movement those would be bridging the peace .
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by aribisala0(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2016
Making a law is a marathon. not a sprint.It is now on the books.Whether the police choose to enforce it today or not.Tomorrow they will......
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by aribisala0(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:

Fishing is embedded in a culture too. You cannot fish where there is no water. All cultures have a location. That is why the Oba of Benin is not the Oba of Kano
There is no history of animal grazing in Ekiti state.It is not Ekiti culture.
Medicine is an ancient profession but you cannot perform surgery on the street or the market.It is regulated.Now Ekiti is regulating grazing. Do not carry guns and stay in ranches simples!. They can do otherwise in places where that ANCIENT HISTORY is documented but it is not so in Ekiti
You cannot make states that have no history of grazing to be grazing overnight. People in Ekiti dislike and prohibit that kind of lawlessness
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by greatman247(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2016
This is the most significant thing Fayose has ever done. Nice one.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by oganology33(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
*modified

Itz not a bad argument, I must say, but certain circumstances can warrant a limitation of our fundamental human rights. Take curfew 4 example. When a Governor declares curfew, isn't dat a violation of ppl's rights 2 freedom of movement? but yet, curfew is LAWFUL & not a contradiction 2 our Fundamental Human Rights as enshrined in Chapter 4 of the CFRN (1999).
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by kabhohd(m): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2016
ebosie11:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/flashgov-fayose-just-signed-ekiti-state.html

This is the most reasonable decision of Fayose Since he became Governor. Despite my reservations about him, I am strongly with him on this. Kudos Gov Fayose
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by bashydemy1: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

You really need to go back to school if you can't understand common elementary principles of law. Federal law only supersedes when there is conflict, so tell me the Act of which this Law is contrary to.

I think you need to remove sentiment out of this, Federal Govt send grazing bill to the NASS and also ask states to review and pass it into law, We all know Fayose is anti Govt and Ekiti is the only state for now that sign anti grazing into law. Now tell me if i happen to be from ekiti state and i have a farm where i rear cows, Don't you know he is indirectly telling me i can't rear my cows anymore in ekiti? What happen to freedom of movement they are preaching? Stop this your sentiment and remove the plots of land on your head so you can think, We all know this won't work except he want serious crisis in Ekiti state. Well if those aboki start their problem n Ekiti people go suffer am.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Henrichemeka(m): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2016
The only courageous opposition governor in Nigeria. Congratulations!
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by danxzy: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2016
o yees i love it

Governor ifeanyi ugwuanyi of enugu stat should please do the same thing in that state before all biafrans die in the hands of herdsmen
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by EazyMoh(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2016
oganology33:

Itz not a bad argument, I must say, but certain circumstances can warrant a limitation of our fundamental human rights. Take curfew 4 example. When a Governor declares curfew, isn't dat a violation of ppl's rights 2 freedom of movement? but yet, curfew is LAWFUL & not a contradiction 2 our Fundamental Human Rights as enshrined in Chapter 4 of the CFRN (1999).
Thank you, anyway what is done is done. While Faye is banning livestock grazing other governor's are donating thousands of hectares of land for the grazing program. When something good for the states materialize in the future in form of employment and business opportunities, I hope Ekiti people will not complain. I rest my case.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by erico2k2(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2016
EazyMoh:

Thank you, anyway what is done is done. While Faye is banning livestock grazing other governor's are donating thousands of hectares of land for the grazing program. When something good for the states materialize in the future in form of employment and business opportunities, I hope Ekiti people will not complain. I rest my case.
Who is donating .
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by donodion(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2016
ebosie11:

Wooooooow.....For the first time Jaguda Fayose grin grin grin grin did something remarkable which earned my 110% support.

When i become governor, grazing in ranches provided by the state would equally be taxed like every other businesses. Cattle rearing is not hobby, it is business.
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by wilyparker(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2016
Finally we have state law and federal law.. What about Sharia law in the north? If the north pass Sharia law nothing should stop the south from making their own laws as long it ok with the populace
EazyMoh:
Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by wilyparker(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2016
bashydemy1:

I think you need to remove sentiment out of this, Federal Govt send grazing bill to the NASS and also ask states to review and pass it into law, We all know Fayose is anti Govt and Ekiti is the only state for now that sign anti grazing into law. Now tell me if i happen to be from ekiti state and i have a farm where i rear cows, Don't you know he is indirectly telling me i can't rear my cows anymore in ekiti? What happen to freedom of movement they are preaching? Stop this your sentiment and remove the plots of land on your head so you can think, We all know this won't work except he want serious crisis in Ekiti state. Well if those abokii start their problem n Ekiti people go suffer am.
that shows how troublesome the northerners are. No body makes trouble when Sharia law was enacted in their states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Donates Tablets To Rescued Chibokgirls (Photos) / Presidential Election: PDP, Atiku File Petition A Day To Deadline / Bola Tinubu Attends Jumaat Prayers At Aso Villa Mosque.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.