Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows (36463 Views)

White Guy Compares A Bad Phone Review To Nigeria. (pics) / Finally Gotten The Itel S31. My Personal Review Follows / Etisalat Follows Suit ; 1.5GB Data Now Cost N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by AKBliv010(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
kenlinzo:

I'm very surprised that in this modern nd IT age, the WHITES are still making jest of we africans.
If not, y would a company in this 21st century, produce a phone of 512mb RAM; 8GB internal Memory; 8MP BACK/2MP FRONT and uses 5000mAh, 1.5GH and 5.5inch to deceive Africans nd sell it for 20+k. I think its high time we stop patronizing their series of practical phones and dis their idea of sending outdated phones to african will stop.

They know we have a power supply issue so they are quite smart actually, strapping the phone with a long lasting battery, well i guess that's the idea.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by Flashh: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
Itel is just a joke and useless. These days that people are running away from 1gb Ram, that's when Itel decided to start manufacturing a very lower Ram of 512 in 2016?

BTW... How could someone buy a 5000mah power bank worth 23K?

11 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by krozay(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
Na OP choice ,Na OP money so make Una no condemn am,but OP wait u no see Tecno l5
But itel no try at all for 2016 dey still dey produce 512 mb RAM phone wey no even reach 450mb for 23k dat is absolutely absurd

2 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by Pasche1: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
Itel is not choice of my phone anyway, am a good fan of infinix products, for any product of your choice from Jumia, be it phone, home appliances, kitchen utensils etc, at affordable prices, home delivery, cash on delivery, 70% shipping discount, quick delivery, I represent JUMIA 08033705629
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by delishpot: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
Na this Item someone buy from owerri. The phone vexed him so much that he stabbed the seller to death.

OP, hopefully you wilould save up, buy a better phone and dash this one out

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by oblo(m): 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
The same way Tecno took a bashing way back is the same way itel is doing now.

They will overcome. Be patient..

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
I also reviewed this same phone here on Sunday, but not in much details buy specifically on the technical aspect because in truth this phone is not worth the stress.

https://www.nairaland.com/3315858/phone-review-itel-1556

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by correctmann: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
kenlinzo:

I'm very surprised that in this modern nd IT age, the WHITES are still making jest of we africans.
If not, y would a company in this 21st century, produce a phone of 512mb RAM; 8GB internal Memory; 8MP BACK/2MP FRONT and uses 5000mAh, 1.5GH and 5.5inch to deceive Africans nd sell it for 20+k. I think its high time we stop patronizing their series of practical phones and dis their idea of sending outdated phones to african will stop.

So you want everyone to be using Galaxy S7 in this Buhari economy...my brother fear God small na

4 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by franzis(m): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
starlife30:

Bros, what do you need in a phone? This phone has a big screen and have a big battery which are the two things I need right now. So why are you crying for another man? Did I buy the phone with your money??
see finishing A.k.a technical knockout

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
AnodaIT:

Sir RAM is everything.

A hanging phone is the worst experience for a smartphone user

I think you guys always talk about RAM because it is easily quantifiable, but you can't compare an iPhone with 1GB RAM to a Daleke clone with 3GB RAM. An iPhone will leave that clone in the dust in terms of speed.

More important than the RAM is the processor. MTK processors are kids to their Qualcomm, Exynos counterparts. What is the function of a phone's RAM in the first place, and how much RAM does your phone actually need? That's where you begin to get the idea.

4 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by neomatrix1027(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
oblo:
The same way Tecno took a bashing way back is the same way itel is doing now.

They will overcome. Be patient..
I don't think that will happen. It will take them years before they realize their mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
lilzcee:
I bought the phone and sold it within six months, battery no dey last, phone dey hang, mumu phone

Which month did you buy this phone, Bros? undecided

When do you think the phone was launched into the market?
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by Jetjacky(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
zyphr:
Point of correction op, you just bought a battery with a screen.
You are just about to start reading the book of lamentations.
lol! E bad

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by klinro(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
AnodaIT:

Sir RAM is everything.

A hanging phone is the worst experience for a smartphone user

And if there is no battery, how would you use this RAM?
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by klinro(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
lilzcee:
I bought the phone and sold it within six months, battery no dey last, phone dey hang, mumu phone

People can lie sha. A phone that was launched just July 16th, this one said she has been using it for 6 months. Please lie with conscience naa

6 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by miketayo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
angelo5uk:

RAM is just the virtual memory. What matters most is the processor speed.

I can bet that phone has a crappy processor too.

Omo you buy that kind phone for 22k. That's funny

even if u have the fastest processor with little ram ur device ll be slow... smaller ram means u can perform small tasks at a time, before it moves to the next job.
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
wirelessmaster:
There are a lot of marketers and business development officers on this thread. You are trying to kill a brand. This is very bad. Millions of people read most threads , it might take time (years) to reach the million counter. What all of you are doing is killing this brand.

My brother, I've also reviewed this phone, and from a seasoned android user, I really think they're right. The battery is the selling point of this phone. Every other thing is just negligible.

3 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
angelo5uk:

RAM is just the virtual memory. What matters most is the processor speed.

I can bet that phone has a crappy processor too.

Nice quotes.
And of course, it runs on an inferior MTK processor undecided

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by Jetjacky(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
klinro:

Simple Question for you bros, name two phones having 1gb/2gb RAM phone with a 5000mAh battery that sells for less than 23,000 naira.

Everyone have a preference for the devices they want. There are people that just want a phone with long lasting battery in the country where light situation is epileptic at best while others just want a phone with a big screen without putting a hole in their pocket.

These type of people for example are much more than those who are after 2GB RAM phones.

So respect peoples opinion, all fingers are not equal. Peace unto you
tab
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by stalyf(m): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
The Ups
1. The Battery Power.
Itel 1556 is actually packed with power. A personal test I carried out on it saw it last 33 hours (a day and seven hours) under quite heavy use with the screen on and at full brightness. The phone also comes with a Super Power feature which makes you use the phone without charging for close to a week with access to the phone's basic features alone.

2. The Simplicity of the design.
This device has a simple design, is very easy to use and even comes with an easily accessible user's manual right in the settings menu. So, you won't need to ask people around much questions. You can simply ask the phone. Ideal for that professional look. The Mini and Micro SIMs slots and Memory Card slot are all crammed neatly beside the primary camera efficiently and for easy swap.

3. The Front Camera flash.
For selfie lovers, this is a plus. Also, Video Calls can now be done at night without need for a source of light as this phone comes with a flash sitting beside the camera, separated by the earpiece grill.

4. The Pouch.
The phone's pouch is quite tough but trendy. You can catch a quick view of your phone status from the front. The leather-themed plastic at the back of the pouch adds to the class of the phone. Also, all buttons and ports are completely accessible with the phone in the pouch.

5. The Charge Feature.
This is a generous phone as it can charge other devices using the USB adapter that came with the phone. Once it is plugged into the phone's USB port, a USB cable from the phone to be charged can be connected to it. The phone bleeds out to get another charged.. How nice *wipes tears*

The Downs
1. The RAM
This stands out like a sour thumb. A 2016 phone with 512MB RAM? How does that even happen. Even Symbian devices got bored of that already. Well it translates that fewer apps can keep running on your phone at any given time. That means a slower phone.

4 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
DesChyko:

Which month did you buy this phone, Bros? undecided
When do you think the phone was launched into the market?
hehehe
You don catch am

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by miketayo(m): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
DesChyko:

I think you guys always talk about RAM because it is easily quantifiable, but you can't compare an iPhone with 1GB RAM to a Daleke clone with 3GB RAM.

More important than the RAM is the processor. MTK processors are kids to their Qualcomm, Exynos counterparts. What is the function of a phone's RAM in the first place, and how much RAM does your phone actually need? That's where you begin to get the idea.

bro they are both important ... Iphone and Android are different operating system.. a windows phone or an IPhone can work with 512MB and still functions well but definitely not android devices. His Itel runs on android ryt? this itel guys are wicked though no phone 2016 should come with 512mb especially not an Itel android phone

2 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by donem: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
geostrata:
cheesy

Dose complaining that the phone has 512mb as its RAM....how many RAM them get for their brain?

They get 2gig RAM naim dem vote for PMB? angry angry angry angry
Beauuuuuuutiful!
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by gulfer: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ye Nairalanders have succeded in chasing the poor bro away from detailed unboxing with these unnecessary criticisms. angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by Samtoby(m): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
klinro:

Oga calm down. There is no 1gb/2gb RAM phone with a 5000mAh battery for 22k. The cheapest you would get is 45k.

You talk as if RAM is the only thing in a phone

point of correction... a crappy Ram makes the phone useless as anything... So bottom line is RAM is the only thing about phone... Like WTF will u b doing with a phone with suckish RAM? lemme guess, taking Pic and receiving calls / messages...
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
geostrata:
cheesy

Dose complaining that the phone has 512mb as its RAM....how many RAM them get for their brain?

They get 2gig RAM naim dem vote for PMB? angry angry angry angry

Lmfao grin

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by stalyf(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
gulfer:
Ye Nairalanders have succeded in chasing the poor bro away from detailed unboxing with these unnecessary criticisms. angry angry angry angry angry

Exactly my thought. Someone wanted to share his experience of using a phone, people just drove him away

2 Likes

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
klinro:

People can lie sha. A phone that was launched just July 16th, this one said she has been using it for 6 months. Please lie with conscience naa

You sef see the bros?

LMAO.. Mehn.. Google good o.
If only he had confirmed first, e for adjust the lie well make e enter grin

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by yusufyusuf1: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
zyphr:
Point of correction op, you just bought a battery with a screen.
You are just about to start reading the book of lamentations.

Bros where is the joy In u
Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by DesChyko: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
fados4sure:

hehehe

You don catch am

Mehn.. As some people dey try use fellow humans brain drink garri, dem no be Christians o undecided

1 Like

Re: Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows by klinro(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
Topam:
btw...by the way

Thank you English teacher grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.